• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for Partners - Includes Plots

Anony

Welcome!

About Me

I am a 20 something year old female who has been roleplaying for approximately 12 years. I prefer my partners to be in, near, or older than 20, just because that is my comfort zone. It is really hard for me to relate to someone in high school when I'm a recent college graduate.

I would classify myself as literate. I can respond from anywhere from 5-20+ paragraphs in a post, with well formed thoughts, plot twists, etc.

I prefer long term partners - I've had a single roleplay/story line that has been in the works for over six years.

I am able to play an array of characters, and play multiple characters at a time. I can play both male and female characters.

I enjoy (mostly) modern, realistic type role plays.

My Preferences

Semi-frequent replies (I can usually respond 2-3 times a day)

A free thinker who is willing to throw random, unexpected drama into a plot for my character to react to organically, without asking for my permission (obviously, within reason -no god modding, power playing, or thinking for my character, please).

Someone who is going to write a mature character. If we are writing the story line of late 20 somethings, I don't want to feel like your character reads as a middle schooler. I also prefer adult characters, I'm an adult, I have a hard time playing young characters.

Investment into the story line, I never want you to feel like you're playing 'my' story out. I want it to be ours.

I don't particularly enjoy doubling up. I usually like playing a handful of main characters (usually two 'big' ones), sharing the secondary characters to move a story along. I find that when you double up, one story line there is usually investment and one is abandoned, and I'd rather put those efforts into developing secondary characters that move the story line along than making things 'fair'.

I prefer e-mail or google docs. But am willing to entertain private messages and if it is vitally important to you, I may be able to be convinced to do forums. However, I do respond from mobile, frequently, so may not be able to make my posts look the prettiest - so that may sway your opinion.

If you are no longer interested, please just let me know. I will always understand, I just don't like putting characters I've spent time, and effort creating sit around collecting dust.

I'd like to see a sample of writing, to make sure it's what I'm looking for. I can also provide you a sample.

I don't really role-play pairings. I find they get a little domxsub, and it's weird to me unless there is a plot.

Contacting Me

Private message

Please leave your preferred method of contacting if one of the above is not your preference.

Feel free to use any of the methods listed above, even without responding. I may see it faster.

Sample writing: Modern - Old Love, New Secrets

Plots

I LOVE listening to music that may inspire you and writing plots based off that (I really like indie/alternative rock)

ღMusic I'm currently inspired by: Fast Car, Tracy Chapman ; Ophelia, Lumineers ; Spirits, Strumbellas, Let Her Go, Passenger ; etc

No longer available: This plot centers around a rekindled relationship between two individuals, who during college were absolutely smitten, but couldn't make a relationship work. The guy, he's outgoing, fun, a jokester, doesn't take anything really serious, he's into partying, living the frat life and experiencing college and the reckless lifestyle that comes with it. He's a little bit full of himself, cocky and immature. And then he meets her.

She's a serious, smart and studious student with big goals and a path carved out to get her there. She takes college serious as an investment and isn't nearly as spontaneous as he is. But they are drawn together. They help balance one another out, he helps her see that college isn't all about reading the books and going to every single class. And she opens his eyes to the fact that he can have a real future, and that he needs to take it seriously.

But, ultimately, they break up shortly after he graduates and moves into the professional world. He has a whole new sense of freedom, and they are holding one another back.

Fast forward five years later, and they manage to find one another at a mixer of an old mutual friend. They quickly notice how much the other one has changed and quickly, it's obvious their 'relationship' is going to be rekindled.

Five years is a long time though. Secrets have formed, there is a whole past now that the other one wasn't apart of, and for as serious as they get as fast as they do, they're realizing they really have no idea what the other one was up to for five years. He's had a child, that he's hiding from her. She has her own past that she's keeping from him.

The rest of the plot will be centered around: Him and her learning how to parent and coexist with his overbearing ex and coparent with her. Learning how to accept the fact that there pasts aren't as clear cut as they were 5 years ago. Discovering the drama that comes in a relationship, etc. There is a ton of dynamic and a ton of opportunity for drama, which is what I love.

So ideally, this would be played out in 3 parts:

Starting with the meeting, and development of their relationship. I think this is vital to give us, as writers, the background and an idea for the chemistry the two characters had, and playing out how they meet, fall for one another, and writing a bit of the background and developing character chemistry. I find it hard to roleplay two characters who have known one another for some time, but we as writers know nothing about them yet.

A briefer period of their break up. To explore the why, the how and the effects that each one felt after their break up, so we have an idea of the resentment and hesitations that they may feel for one another.

Lastly - the large chunk (almost all) will take place in present day as they find one another, develop a relationship, and start to discover the past of one another.

I prefer the male character in this plot, I have him mostly developed personality wise, and would love for someone with a creative mind who won't make an overly perfect or annoying character, to take on the female.

I have nothing concrete currently, but I'd LOVE to work on an original plot with someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems as if we have a lot in common in the things we enjoy in a roleplay. I love having dedicated roleplays that span years and years, but it seems that anyone I've ever roleplayed with has dropped off the face of the earth, some after 10 years, others after a few months. Most of it seems to be life getting busy, which is understandable. However, for me, developing these characters is an investment, and I enjoy seeing them grow and change as the plot moves on. I usually have some sort of supernatural element going on in order to drive much of the plot, and I was just wondering if that is something you are interested in in a modern setting or if you simply like realistic roleplays. Either is fine with me.

I love drama too, and I have an idea if you're willing to entertain only a realistic theme. Since you enjoy listening to music and basing your roleplays around that, what if we did a realistic band-type roleplay? The basic premise of this idea is that two bands are brought together for a tour. They can be two different types of bands, etc, but the main idea is that they clash. However, things get a little tricky as two characters from opposing bands start to get close, romances and jealousy bloom, and the like.

I would play two 'main' characters from Band A and two secondary characters from Band B. You would play two main characters from Band B and two secondary characters from Band A.

I'll dig up a writing sample in a little bit if you want to let me know if you are interested. I am 22, and I write for a travel website as my profession.

GalaxyGirl said:
Also, I supposed I should ask what kind of music you listen to :)
Hmmm, I listen to a little bit of everything, mainly Indie/Alternative Rock however, while I listen to music - my music knowledge is about a zero. I'm not sure if I could play out a plot line with two bands intellectually enough to write to what I consider to be my best standard. But I am willing to plot more to find something we could both agree upon!

Seeking someone to plot with now! My plot was (kinda) used, so I'm looking to come up with something fun and creative!

Hello there. ^^

I was wondering if romance was required? I didn't see is specified so I just want to double check.

I'm interested! =) I love the song Ophelia. Is this still open? I can pm you details. We can email for rp. But I'd like to chat first to see if our interests and styles align. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back