• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Looking for Partners [Detailed, Non-Romantic, Futuristic/Fantasy]

Lyro

Errant Chronicler
I'm looking for some partners for one or two detailed, non-romantic 1x1 roleplays (at least, not with romance as an end-goal). I'm interested mostly in science-fiction (usually leaning towards hard science-fiction), but I also enjoy fantasy. Here are a few ideas I've had:
  • Futuristic
    Newborn AI Meets its Creator: inspired by a suggestion from Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus and Choice of Robots (a game in which you raise a child-like robot over the span of several decades). One person would play the AI while the other plays its creator: we would follow the growth and development of the AI as it comes to term with its nature and evolves under the influence of its creator. The actions of its creator will impact the way the AI views and understands the world. I'd be open to playing either role.
  • Futuristic
    Last Humans in the Galaxy: inspired by Duskers (a game in which you investigate derelict ships with... things in them). After an unknown disaster decimates the human population throughout the galaxy without warning, only a few scattered, isolated pockets of humanity remain. Our characters are two such people, initially on their own, who discover each other through happenstance - the only other human they've found since they started losing contact. Their resources are dwindling, they're at opposite ends of the galaxy, and they have no idea what is going on. Can they survive?
  • Futuristic
    Life on the Highways Between Galaxies: in the far future, mankind (potentially along with other alien races) has spread out across multiple galaxies. Connecting these distant stars is a network of highways - strings of outposts floating in the interstellar void, separated by huge distances, much like diners along a highway on Earth. One of us would play a resident on such an outpost, leading a slow-moving but peaceful life... until someone (played by the other person) comes along, bringing trouble with them.
  • Fantasy
    An Omnipotent Being is Unsure What to Do: an ambitious wizard/witch awakens/creates a near-omnipotent being, but is at a loss on what to use its powers for, having no conscience or preconceived notions. I am unsure how long this roleplay could last, considering one of the players would essentially be a god, but maybe it could be tweaked to be made better (for example by imposing some limitations on its power, or by creating a threat that is even more powerful).
I remain open to other ideas of course!

Last edited:
I'm pretty stoked for An Omnipotent Being, since I've always been nursing this need to play a spectacularly over the top character, which would fit the bill for either the being or the witch/wizard

I'd be interested in the idea "Last Humans in the Galaxy"

I'm pretty stoked for An Omnipotent Being, since I've always been nursing this need to play a spectacularly over the top character, which would fit the bill for either the being or the witch/wizard

Sounds good to me. I'm just waiting on one person who had asked to be notified first to contact me, but I'll try to arrange it so that in both cases we play the idea you picked. :) You can start thinking about ideas and characters in the meantime if you want, I don't have any preference for any role yet.

Thanks for the quick responses, I've already got three people lined up! I'll try to PM you all shortly so that we can start discussing the plots.

Hello, I would be interested in doing the "Life on The Highways Between Galaxies" plot with you, if it's not too late of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back