• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for Partners! (Creative Title, I Know)

Psyche

Mythology nerd
Hello there! Thank you for clicking this wondrous thread filled with plots, requests, and my desperate attempt to show that this is 100% not my first time making one of these.

You can call me Psyche! I am a devout lover of Greek Mythology if the name wasn't a giveaway. Well, any mythology actually, just the most knowledgeable in Greek. My favorite genre is fantasy, I just love the new worlds and lore that comes with it. The majority of my roleplays involves fantasy in some capacity. However- I'd love to do any kind of RP as long as it is interesting enough.

Now before we get to the part of the thread you probably came here to see (I doubt it was to hear me ramble on and on), I just want to get the mandatory "expectations" portion out of the way.

My Preferences/Requirements

Plot with me.

I prefer to make friends with my partners, but if you don't want to do that, that's perfectly fine! However, at the bare minimum, I want someone who is open to communication about the plot and contribute their own ideas
Don't dictate my characters. If you have a problem with them, that's completely fine. Just don't say "play X gender so MC can find a sweet lover".
I want a plot. I don't want the whole roleplay to be centered around a love triangle or something similar. I love adventure, action, and drama.
If there's romance, I prefer it to be slow-burn instead of instantly falling in love.
Romance isn't necessary, I love both platonic and romantic pairings.
No one-liners, I'd like at least two paragraphs.
No god modding or Mary Sues.
Someone who's willing to do the roleplay over private messages.
Grammar doesn’t have to be stellar but please make it legible.
No incest. Don't think I need an explanation for this one.
Be okay with darker themes. On another note, you can be any age/gender. I don't see how that correlates with someones writing skill, and besides, it is very simple to just lie about your age anyway.
Warn me of any triggers in advance.
Reply somewhat frequently (OOC).

What to expect from me:

I don’t care what sort of character(s) You play. As long as they fit into the setting/plot and are reasonable.
LGBT+ friendly.
I play with OCs, and I don't care if you do the same or not.
I can guarantee at least one reply a week, although that's a rarity- I typically can do multiple a week, or go back and forth daily. Depends on my schedule.
Please don't ghost
I send pictures of snakes and dogs at random.
A friendly person (well, it’s all subjective but I consider myself one at least).
Multiple paragraph responses.
I also abide by all the things listed in what I request of you.

Well! I think I got all of them down. If anyone has any issues with them- we can discuss it further. Only inflexible one is the rule on snakes. No excuses. But I'd like for a partner who could abide by the majority, but if you're interested and one of them is an issue, don't be afraid to tell me about it! I promise I won't bite- well, unless you're into that. Everyone has their own preference so who am I to judge? But onto my plot ideas!

The Greek gods wander the earth, yet they're seen most frequently in Mt. Olympus. They were the dominant gods, having defeated the Titans and sealing away the "dark and evil" primordial gods. Not all of them, but the ones they deem as a threat were never to be seen again. At least, that was the case. The chains of Erebus have slowly been degrading over the millennia, but due to the gods' fear and denial, it has been left untouched. No one wants to ponder the possibility of another uprising since if one primordial gets out, it would be easy to free all its brethren. However, one day their influence was undeniable when a son of Demeter was butchered by a shadow and left a bloody, messy, corpse. Zeus worried about others freaking out or monsters wanting to join Erebus' side, lied and said it was just a random monster attack. He knew he had to do something about it, so he found Muse A and Muse B and sent them on a deadly quest to reinforce Erebus' chains. This is inspired by Percy Jackson.

Muse A is a powerful wizard, the best of the best. Only few can truthfully compare. However, they don't know everything. One day they were researching a spell to communicate with the dead. They tried the spell and thought it just failed. It ended up doing a lot more than that, the effects just weren't instantaneous. Next day a pissed off looking Muse B barges into their house. Muse A has no idea who they are, but Muse B just starts screaming at them claiming Muse A started an apocalypse. In disbelief Muse A walks outside and sees what went wrong. The spell did work- though not in the way he hoped. The dead were back but they were vicious and out for blood (think zombies but without the infection/disease). The only thing Muse A can manage to say is; "I... meant to do that."

For this one, I was thinking that Muse A could be desperate to fix their mistakes and Muse B can be somebody knowledgeable in magical artifacts. Muse B knows of one that could possibly solve this catastrophe; a stone that can reverse one spell per person and reverse any damage it caused. Issue? It hasn't been seen in two hundred years, and its existence is a guarded secret by a select few powerful creatures who are not so willing to give up their treasure.

Was thinking Muse A and B could be adventuring across this world stealing information, bribing, going into dangerous places for clues, etc.

Every element had a person or being it coincided with, and each being could control the element. The controllers of these elements were practically immortal- existing for as long as their element does. There'd have to be no fire to kill the fire elemental, no water to kill the water elemental, etc. They were worshiped as gods, each one responding in a variety of ways. In recent times, humanity grew more fearful or wanted to harvest the power of a "Natural" for themselves or their kingdom. After Light was taken by the Kingdom of Thrife and never seen again, the Naturals went into hiding. This led to them being believed as myths.

Muse A and Muse B are both Naturals. A plague seemed to be sweeping the world in a violent storm, draining every human of their life. The "Naturals" weren't affected due to them being immortal. The disease gives them a sense of deja-vu, and Muse A and B don't believe its a run of the mill virus. The duo ends up going on a quest to look for the cure.

I will not play Muse A. No exceptions. If you have a problem with that- this plot isn't for you. Sorry!

Muse A and Muse B have fairly chaotic lives, it's hard not to when the world around them is periling in war. But when they go to sleep, they become entirely new people, with the world around them suddenly seeming too far away. They see other people with masked faces, at a beautiful ball, where the wine flows on forever, plenty of entertainment, and food that can feed their whole kingdom!

It's all just an innocent dream, right?

Also had a few ideas for a Mentor and Mentee (is that the right word? I have zero idea) plot if anyone's interested in that! Also have a few less developed ideas, but if interested in other ones besides what's mentioned here- I can pitch em to ya! Although wanna play the mentee for this one

If you have any plots or ideas, please share them! Worst I could do is say "No". I typically do Fantasy roleplays- although always been interested in a good sci-fi one. And if any other genre has a good enough plot- I'd love to try it! I would love to hear new ones! :)

That's all! Thank you for your time and patience for reading this thread. Hopefully I didn't make it too horribly.​

Last edited:
I'd love to talk plotting with you. I have no problems with any of your rules and expectations though don't be surprised if you get cat pictures in return when you randomly send dog and snake ones

I'd love to talk plotting with you. I have no problems with any of your rules and expectations though don't be surprised if you get cat pictures in return when you randomly send dog and snake ones
Ah good to hear! I'd love to talk plot, and I'd be disappointed if you didn't send em! Shoot me a pm and we can talk about it there

I need to do a few things first as a site newbie... get a few posts up on here so that dang problem with the site system treating any dms I try to reply to as spam but I shouldn't be long! Trust on that!

I need to do a few things first as a site newbie... get a few posts up on here so that dang problem with the site system treating any dms I try to reply to as spam but I shouldn't be long! Trust on that!
Ah, if that's the case I'll just send you one :)

Greek Mythology? Except for my cousin, I've never really known anyone else who enjoys it. I liked both Hercules and Xena, the earlier seasons though.

Anyhow, I wrote stories about centaurs. Not the crazed drunken type seen in stories though.

I've moved on to minotaurs and I really enjoy Fantasy type stories and do better in those type of scenarios. I have a minotaur character and have done a bit of world building for him. Main version of Xenophon, my character, is that he lives in his own homeland with his family. They live and work in the castle. I am also developing an alternate timeline version where about a hundred years before, his clan and a few others chose to live in exile in a human kingdom rather than see their country align itself with a nation of (ogres?). They knew that they were untrustworthy and knew that this alliance was nothing more than a pretense of domination, but their plea fell on deaf ears. So they left.

In the new homeland, they try to balance preserving their heritage with the culture of their country that they now live in.

Greek Mythology? Except for my cousin, I've never really known anyone else who enjoys it. I liked both Hercules and Xena, the earlier seasons though.

Anyhow, I wrote stories about centaurs. Not the crazed drunken type seen in stories though.

I've moved on to minotaurs and I really enjoy Fantasy type stories and do better in those type of scenarios. I have a minotaur character and have done a bit of world building for him. Main version of Xenophon, my character, is that he lives in his own homeland with his family. They live and work in the castle. I am also developing an alternate timeline version where about a hundred years before, his clan and a few others chose to live in exile in a human kingdom rather than see their country align itself with a nation of (ogres?). They knew that they were untrustworthy and knew that this alliance was nothing more than a pretense of domination, but their plea fell on deaf ears. So they left.

In the new homeland, they try to balance preserving their heritage with the culture of their country that they now live in.
Can't say I watched Xena before, but I would love to do a roleplay if interested? If you are, shoot me a pm so we can discuss :)

You sound like just the partner I’ve been needing to curve quarantine boredom! I’m a big fan of fantasy and enemies to friends/lovers, and I’d love to talk more about ‘I meant to do that.’ If you already have something going using that prompt I have other ideas too!

You sound like just the partner I’ve been needing to curve quarantine boredom! I’m a big fan of fantasy and enemies to friends/lovers, and I’d love to talk more about ‘I meant to do that.’ If you already have something going using that prompt I have other ideas too!
Aye I'd love to be partners, already have someone for that prompt- but I'd wish to hear your plot ideas ^-^ send me a pm and we can discuss em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back