• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for Partner

waywarddemon

Methuselah
Morning/Afternoon/Evening all!

I'm a full time college student looking to pick up one more really compatible partner so I have at least one RP I can respond to every few days (probably, assuming I don’t vanish into the reclusive void I tend to exist in). This doesn't mean I'll be available to respond every day and sometimes longer, though. It all depends on who responds to me first, and my coursework/real life take priority.

What You Can Expect From Me

• First and foremost, don't let the college student fool you. I like to think I know what I'm doing but I guarantee that I will use more commas than is appropriate and think I can use semicolons where semicolons probably have no business being. SO BE NOT AFRAID, I'm only adv. lit until proven otherwise. I'm inclined to treat these sorts of things with all the forgiveness and mercy of a first draft: with thinly concealed disdain, and bizarre parental affection long after they've been sent out into the world and I realize I've tragically used the wrong "your/you're" in a sentence.
  • That's not to say that I don't take my writing seriously, because, I do. For where I lack in grammar and syntax occasionally, I make up for in plot and characters though. I spend an inordinate time crafting these elements in an RP and while I don't expect identical obsession enthusiasm if I a) can't tell you're as invested as me or b) the length/quality of your writing doesn't compete with mine, I'm not going to waste your time with half-hearted responses that eventually peter out until they cease entirely and I subtly attempt to vanish from the face of the Earth instead of confront you--I'm sorry, Maurice.
  • I'm incredibly ditch friendly! If you disappear, no questions asked, no pressure to respond applied. I'd prefer you and I parted mysteriously than kept trying to limp through when one of us has very clearly lost interest. I won't take it personally at all and wish you luck in future endeavors.
  • I cannot however, be held accountable for my actions if you attempt to control my character, or if your character has no flaws/fixes everything at the drop of a hat. I thrive off of angst and conflict, interspersed with bouts of fluff and humor. Take that away, or make me suffer through being a puppet for your own means and character and this is not going to work.
  • Furthermore, I'm not going to do everything myself. I operate under the assumption that given my life choices I may have more experience with crafting setting/plot/characters, but if you're not bringing anything to the table I might as well just be working on one of my own books and that's not what this is about.
  • I don't do face claims. I can't. Half because it would take forever and a half for me to find a picture of a character that I'm almost satisfied with and half because it’s just easier to write it out for me. You’re more than welcome to use any type of face claim if it works for you, though.

What I'm Particularly Game For

• Modern magic/fantasy settings
  • Science fiction
  • Wizard/witch dichotomy
  • D&D campaign setting (or D&D anything because I have a problem)
  • Kidnapping
  • Vampires/werewolves/supernatural creatures
  • Action-based plot
  • I tend to be pretty open to most anything, so if there's something else you want to do, don't hesitate to bring it up! We can figure things out together and go from there.

What I'm Particularly Not Game For
  • Furries, Otherkin, Factkin - a) I'm not familiar enough with that area that I would be comfortable, and b) just not really tailored to my interests!
  • Incest, underage, condoning toxic or abusive relationships, romanticizing unhealthy or destructive behaviors.
  • Seme/Uke dichotomy. Almost none of my characters will fall strictly into a submissive or dominant category unless we are actually talking actual BDSM and even then I tread lightly there, too.
  • One liners, responses that do absolutely nothing to move the plot forward or establish something between characters.
  • I like asshole characters as much as the next person, but if they have no clear redeemable qualities I'm going to treat them like an asshole without exception.
  • Pure romance roleplays. I'm a little burnt out on consistently shooting for pairings and I'd really rather try for just a plot-based RP with someone for once. That's not to say that a roleplay can't end with characters getting together, but I'd rather it not be the entire basis of the roleplay.
  • Highschool AUs
How to Respond
  1. Introduce yourself! Tell me anything you like that you think would give me a good idea of the sort of person you are, what sort of RPs you really like and what you've found successful before if you're experienced. Maybe give me an idea of how often you can respond and your time zone.
  2. What are your limits? Do you really hate horror stories? Say so! Does swearing make you uncomfortable? Then you may not find me quite the fucking delightful I think I am, and should probably reconsider getting involved! I have no filter so you have to say something so I can take note of it beforehand.
  3. Writing sample, include one! It doesn't have to be incredibly long but I don't want to hash everything out with you and then find that the way we write is too incompatible. I like a challenge, but I don't want you to have to write down to me and vice versa. Don't be afraid to ask me for a writing sample too!
  4. And, finally, what you're interested in trying out. You don't have to come out of the gates with a fully fledged idea, but give me something to work with so we can bounce ideas around. Show me some investment and enthusiasm, and I'm much more likely to respond in kind.
  5. I prefer you send me a PM, but if you can't send PMs yet or just don't want to for some reason, I'm not going to a have a conniption if you respond to below.

“I hate you,” Thea whispers. “I hate you so much.”

Max kneels in her sister’s blood, cupping her face in trembling hands. Thea tries to pull away, fury welling up in her wolf-bright eyes. The village is burning, and people are screaming. There are still strips of human flesh stuck under Thea’s nails, the stringy meat of a child’s heart in her teeth, and she will not apologize for it. It needs to end somewhere, and there’s no one else.

“I didn’t mean to,” Max gasps, and she’s a horrible, horrible liar. “This wasn’t supposed to happen.”

cross my heart and hope to die eat a thousand needles if i lie

She still puts the bullet in her sister’s skull, of course, but that comes later. That comes after the screaming, the cursing, after Max tries to reverse it: fingers sloshing through the blood, pressing down over spilled guts, trying to find something to put back together with a gentle touch that Max doesn’t have. Thea’s suffocating, and Max thinks she might be the one choking her, fingers curled around her pale throat. Pressing, pressing, pressing and leaving streaks of red and purple and blue all along her windpipe.

you will always end up here

“You monster,” Thea spits, and slick saliva-blood dribbles down Max’s cheek. “You coward, you animal, you abomination. Shoot me, then. Do it!”

And, well. That’s that. Max tells herself afterwards that she didn’t mean to, that she was protecting people, that it was an accident. That doesn’t change the fact that Thea’s blood is still streaked in the lines of her palms. It doesn’t change the fact that, when she tears her family apart with the news, there’s a sickening satisfaction in knowing they’ll appreciate her even more for vanishing from their lives for good.

Hey quick question! I am interested in RPing with you! As for all of the introduction stuff, would you prefer that I put it here or put it in a conversation?

Okay! If you like, I can send my interest check here, despite my series already starting. Plus, I apologize that I didn’t realize that this is a Looking for Partners tab and not a Looking for Groups tab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back