• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for Partner(s)

Tugboats

Capsized Captain's Cap
My name is Tugboats. You can feel free to turn that into any nickname you'd like to use for me. I've roleplayed on and off since I was about 12, and hope to find at least one partner that I can do roleplays with. I am male, and usually play males better than females, but I'm working on my ability to play female characters.

What I'm Looking For

• What I'm hoping to find is a partner or two willing to RP long-term. Whether this means a long-term RP or a series of shorter ones doesn't matter all that much to me, but I'm hoping to have a few good partners to spend time with.
  • I am also looking for someone who doesn't mind occasional/frequent absences. We're all people with lives outside of this website, so sometimes one of us might go missing for awhile. I will do my best to make sure everyone knows if I'm going to be gone for awhile, especially if it will be a long absence, however if things come up, I hope that you can be patient.
  • I don't really care what gender you or your preferred type of characters are. I don't mind romance in RPs, in fact I think it adds a lot, if it is done properly. However, I would be hard pressed to do an RP centered entirely around romance.
  • I don't have a huge preference on post length. If you write me a novel, I will read through it and respond appropriately. If you write me a one-liner, I will read through it and respond appropriately. As long as the RP is continually moved by each of us and neither of us is upset by the length or quality of posts, this is fine.
  • I want you to have a good grasp of grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. I'm human, and if you're reading this, it's very likely you are too. I can forgive mistakes as long as you will.
  • The golden rule of life, don't be rude, mean, etc. If this rule is broken I can take my writing elsewhere.

What You Get

• I don't claim to be the greatest roleplayer. I like to think that I'm pretty good, but this comes from a pretty biased source, so take that how you will. However, if you have an issue with the way I'm writing a character or the direction things are going, I will listen to issues that you have and work to make things good for both of us.
  • I will write to the best of my ability. The rule with punctuation, spelling and grammar applies to me as well. If, for some reason, the quality of my writing isn't suitable, you can let me know and I'll fix things.
  • I am pretty good at building characters and plots. I am someone who you can work with to make characters and stories. However, my settings are only passable. It takes me a lot longer to come up with good settings and such than it does for me to come up with characters and plots.
  • Someone who will understand if you simply want to stop or take a break. Homework piling up? Tell me and take a few days off. Aunt Agnes is coming over and you want to spend time with her? You bet, give me a heads up and I'll wait a week. This class schedule is insane and you don't have time for the RP anymore? That's fine, just give me a courtesy message so I don't sit and wait for a story that isn't coming. Life comes first, and I'm more than willing to accept absences if you are.
  • I am open to most types of plots and settings. I have only two things that I'll typically refuse, unless you can be very convincing.

Romance-focused RPs: I quickly get bored with RPs focused solely on romance. However, this does not mean I'm against having romance be a part of other types of roleplays. If it is done well it can be a good addition, as long as it is done correctly.

Most Fandoms: I don't do fandoms most of the time, unless I feel that the setting is something that easily allows for using original characters without mimicking the movie/game/show/book/etc. I will not follow the plot with an OC. If I'm interested, I don't mind trying a few fandoms, assuming they follow the guidelines set up here and, as usual, it's something that I've played/watched/read and know enough about to not insult someone who is a big fan.

Plot Ideas

The World Between

This is a bit more than a single plot, and I'll happily use this setting with people as they ask to use it, since it's one of the better ones I've managed to pull out of my head. If you don't care much for setting and prefer to see the plots, there will be a few posted at the bottom after the explanation of the setting. This is strictly fantasy-ish, and I don't intend to move technology anywhere past medieval ages.

People, no matter their race, gender, world of origin or any other factors, share one common trait: Death. Many of these people believe in an afterlife- that Valhalla is waiting, or that they'll arrive at the Pearly Gates for their judgement. For most, they do head to the afterlife. But a select few are given a second chance on the World Between.

There is no certain type of person who arrives here, and no way to return to one's original world. However, they can still go to the afterlife the same way one would on their own world. This world, for all of its beauty, is excellent at delivering the unprepared to the afterlife. From terrible monsters to the more dangerous individuals taken from other worlds, though its forests are green and full of life, nightmares may be waiting behind the trees.

However, this world isn't entirely without order. Villages, towns and cities dot the landscape, providing refuge to those who aren't able to fight, and providing a place to rest for those that are. These places govern themselves most of the time, usually led by an individual or a small group. The largest of the cities being Astria, led by a man only known as King, who spends most of his time in his castle.

--

This world is separated into 5 regions, each with huge differences from the other.

The Centerlands

The Centerlands are mostly rolling green fields. They're mostly settled by villages that sustain themselves with crops and a bit of trade with larger towns that typically connect the villages. Astria lies in the middle of the Centerlands, and is almost exactly the middle of the entire known world. This is likely the safest of the regions, but it isn't without danger.

The Bleaklands

To the north is the Bleaklands. Ice, snow, and monsters too large for their own good are most of its features. However, some still call the place home. Most settlements are small and run by a chief whose leadership is earned by being the most able warrior. Strength is respected above all else here, and weakness is looked on with disgust. One who cannot fight, unless it is due to reaching old age, is deemed useless and is removed from most settlements

The Endless Dunes

To the south is a great desert that makes the Sahara look more like a sandbox. It stretches on and on, and none has ever found its end, or at least none have returned afterwards. Great beasts roam the dunes, such as sand crawlers, great crab-like beasts that can grow to the size of villages. Very few people choose to make the Dunes their home, but those that do understand that no settlement can hold still. Between the shifting of the sand and monsters who would love nothing more than to have its prey staying in one place, the people are all either nomadic, dead or about to choose one.

The Marshes

The east enjoys rainfall and wetness that The Dunes doesn't. The Marshes is mostly swamps and other similar types of places. Between water and all of the plant life, it's fairly easy for people to live off of the Marshes. However, it makes it just as easy for all manners of beasts to live off of the Marshes, as well as its people.

The Stonehills

The west is made up of mountains and rough, harsh terrain. With very little room for any settlements, other than occasional gaps in the jagged peaks, few people live around the Stonehills. Most live in them. These mountains are the source of all kinds of metals, coal and various other things that keep the rest of the world running. Of course, something value doesn't come without a cost. Monsters, from the disgusting cave-crawlers to majestic dragons call the Stonehills their home and don't appreciate uninvited guests.

The Dark

At the edge of every land, other than perhaps the Endless Dunes, is a thick black cloud that stretches into the sky, blocking everything beyond it. It does not move, unaffected by wind, magic or anything else one could do to it. It remains as a barrier. It can be stepped into as easily as stepping into smoke, but leaving seems to be more difficult. Those who have been retrieved from the Dark are catatonic at best, though usually only a corpse is pulled out.

--

Some Generic Plots

New Arrivals: Our characters arrived in a similar place at a similar time and simply try to figure out how they're going to live. This can branch into other types of plots

Stranded: Our characters were traveling with a group until the group is attacked. Now with few supplies and without the other people traveling with them, our characters need to reach their destination.

Quest: The King has decided that our characters are the best people to send to get an item/kill a monster/anything else. Shenanigan may or may not ensue to lengthen the quest.

Anything you think sound interesting. I'd love to hear your ideas if you want to use this setting.

Clipped

Set in a fairly ordinary fantasy world, involving only two people. My character would be a male fairy. In this world, the wings of fairies are used in alchemy and magic, and sell for quite a bit. My character is a casualty of this, now missing his wings and trapped on the ground.

Your character would be whoever finds him, and further plot can be built together, a few of my ideas being getting back at those who took his wings, or looking into a rumor about how to get my charcters wings back, etc..

---More as I need partners/think of them!---

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, someone of my own heart! I'm glad to see someone on a roleplaying site that has some, if not most, of the ideals that I have when it comes to writing. I'd love to hash something out with you if wouldn't mind! I've posted an introduction here as well if you would want to look at that before starting something, I could also send a sample your way if that is what you prefer!

Hey, I'm up to roleplay with you! I've got a few ideas, but, if you've got some cravings, feel free to say~

If you still want partners I'm up for it! PM me if you're interested and we can figure out a plot :)

Bump. Only looking to get 1 or 2 partners, hopefully interested in giving "The World Between" a trial run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back