• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking for pal(s) [Updated 08/27/17]

tremblelance

Hit Me!
Heyo! I’m Kal and I’m wanting to get back into roleplaying, so here I am! I don't know if I'd call myself an experienced roleplayer, but I've been doing it on and off since I was 14. Maybe "semi-experienced" is a good title. Or "has-a-vague-idea-how-this-stuff-works".

I’m always down for trying new things, so don’t consider the stuff below a concrete list of what I’ll do. Really, the only thing I’m pretty adamant on is that I prefer detailed posts. Doesn’t have to be a novel - but a paragraph at least is good.

The Long List of RP Stuff Kal Is Into
Genres
- Futuristic is A+ in my book
- So is fantasy
- Post-apocalyptic is another good one
- Modern/realistic is a bit iffy, but if the idea is interesting enough, sure
- Supernatural stuff is pretty cool, especially if there are aliens involved
-I DON'T want anything related to “school for magical/supernatural/otherwise gifted people” or anime. Nothing against either theme, but I'm just not gonna do it.

Fandoms
Also known as the stuff I actually know the lore for.
- Anything Soulsborne. Anything at all. I'm in already.
- Darkest Dungeon (my current obsession)
- Elder Scrolls (don't ask how many hours I put into Oblivion)
- Fallout (with New Vegas being my speciality)
- Dragon Age
- Dishonored
- Metal Gear
- Mass Effect

Misc.
- I don’t mind having romance in a plot, though it’s by no means a requirement. There are other types of relationships, yo.
- I prefer to play female characters since I'm a chick and dudes are complicated. Some exceptions apply.
- If you are under 18, please don't ask to play a romance with me, even if it's just a silly and light hearted one. It's weird.
- I’m totally down for stuff that’s just meant to be funny or nonsensical. Not every story has to hold some deeper meaning; ya know. If we have characters that just want to out pun each other, why not?
- As I am a full time college student, please understand that I can't always reply right away. I try to be prompt, but sometimes I can't control when I have time to post.

Possible Plot Ideas
I'm chill with reworking any of these to make them work between us! And of course, we can come up with new ones, too.
- A teacher at a school who doesn't actually have a license and the janitor who's determined to out their secret.
- Alien crashes on earth. Instead of telling the police, local child becomes their best friend. What do you mean that's the plot of ET?
- Former best friends who are very much not best friends anymore.
- Something involving time travel or mad scientists. Or both.
- Goody-goody person forced to team up with a not-so-good person.
- Siblings (who may or may not hate each other) are given a note by their deceased father after his death, saying the family fortune will be theirs only if they return to the family manor and find it. But when they arrive they find that dad made some peculiar renovations before his death. Let's just say MTV Cribs ain't coming by any time soon.
- The knight who sucks at their job and the squire who really wants a raise.
- A mall Santa and an obsessive kleptomaniac form an alliance to stop Christmas. Yes. I'm dead serious about this.

Current Slots
I'm limiting myself to just a handful right now.
  1. TAKEN, in progress
  2. TAKEN, in progress
  3. TAKEN, not started
  4. OPEN

That’s all I got! Hit me up if something strikes your fancy and we can chat!

Last edited:
Hey, I know this is a few days old, but I was wondering if you might still be interested in doing a futuristic RP? I looked over your possible plots, and even though I liked some of them, could we perhaps come up with a variant of one, or a completely new one entirely? Let me know if you'd be interested and/or need to know my writing habits, etc. Thanks!.

Heyo! I’m Kal and I’m wanting to get back into roleplaying, so here I am! I don't know if I'd call myself an experienced roleplayer, but I've been doing it on and off since I was 14. Maybe "semi-experienced" is a good title. Or "has-a-vague-idea-how-this-stuff-works".

I’m always down for trying new things, so don’t consider the stuff below a concrete list of what I’ll do. Really, the only thing I’m pretty adamant on is that I prefer detailed posts. Doesn’t have to be a novel - but a paragraph at least is good.

The Long List of RP Stuff Kal Is Into
Genres
- Futuristic is A+ in my book
- So is fantasy (dark fantasy is one of my absolute favorites)
- Post-apocalyptic is another good one
- Western, medieval, or pirate themes are awesome
- Modern/realistic is a bit iffy, but if the idea is interesting enough, sure
- Supernatural stuff is pretty cool, especially if there are aliens involved

Fandoms
NOTE: I’m into a lot of other stuff, too, but these are the ones I know the most about
- Anything Soulsborne. Anything at all. I'm in already.
- Darkest Dungeon (my current obsession)
- Elder Scrolls (don't ask how many hours I put into Oblivion)
- Fallout
- Dragon Age
- Dishonored
- Metal Gear
- Mass Effect
- Star Wars

Misc.
- I don’t mind having romance in a plot, though it’s by no means a requirement. That said, I’m a total sucker for the whole “forbidden romance” cliche in all its forms.
- As I’m female, I prefer to play female characters (since I suck at playing dudes). An exception would be if it was a fandom RP and the male character had a predefined personality.
- Also, back to romance stuff, I prefer fxf or mxf (where I play the female), since again, I don’t play dudes all that well. But the same exception as above stands.
- I’m totally down for stuff that’s just meant to be funny or nonsensical. Not every story has to hold some deeper meaning; if we have characters that just want to out pun each other, why not?

Possible Plot Ideas
NOTE: These are all pretty open ended, I’m happy to make them work between us! And of course, we can come up with new ones as well!
- Partners in crime who operate a criminal organization and wreck havoc.
- Siblings or friends who find themselves on the opposite sides of a conflict (either by their own choice or not).
- Former best friends who are very much not best friends anymore; maybe in a superhero v. villain sense?
- Person of great importance (doesn’t have to be royalty) falling for their bodyguard.
- Something involving time travel, where a pair of crazy scientists end up jumping through time and having a blast.
- Goody-goody person forced to team up with a not-so-good person, with hilarious results.​
That’s all I got! Hit me up if something strikes your fancy and we can chat!

I know its a few days old, but are you still looking for writing partners by any chance?

Hey there, I'm interested in the time travel plot idea. If you're still looking for a partner and you're still interested in that, shoot me a PM. Hopefully we can discuss a bit and develop the story together :)

Hello! I'm entirely new to this site, and I'm also semi-experienced in the RPing world. I think I'd be up for a lot of what you listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back