• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for long term rp partner

Hello and if your reading this your awesome and thank you ^.^ so just as the title says I am looking for a long term rp partner ^.^

I love action,drama,suspense,and romance to be added into a rp including a few moments of horror I think it adds to the story line :D

I have terrible grammer so if you don't like people that don't use commas and such well I'm sorry I just don't I always put it in the wrong place and I feel stupid for it :/ but anyways...

I just have a few rpa in mind for fandoms

X-Men

Twilight Saga (I'd love to rp the series)

Harry Potter(I'd love to rp the series)

The Crow (really would like to do something like this :D )

Resident Evil

And I love to also make up rps

Btw I know many people have messaged me but I just got married so I know I may not of answered you but please message me because I have more time now ^.^ thanks for taking your time and I hope to hear from some of you <3

Btw I only usually do PM rps but I guess if the story line interest me and if another person made me feel comfortable I would consider it ^.^ also I usually only play a girl the most I would do is play a girl and a guy but that's it ^.^

Well as long as you don't mind Rping with a borderline hikikomori, I'm up for some games. I'm well versed in all the universes you were talking about with the exception of R.E. never got much into those games. Not my cup of tea. Anything else though, I'm totally up for.

Congratulations to the happy couple. ^^

--

There are a lot of rules where grammar is concerned (commas are especially tricky), and it can be difficult to remember all of them, but for commas there's a particular trick I use. Just think the sentence to yourself, and wherever you would naturally insert a pause (to breathe, or because it just sounds like a good spot for a pause), slip in a comma. Commas are basically for brief pauses which don't warrant a period or full stop (it's called a "period" in some countries and a "full stop" in others).

--

For list style commas there are two methods you can use, and it's kind of up to you, but most people swear by "the Oxford comma" style, which looks like this:

"I can't find Dave, Bryan, or Sarah."

This is as opposed to, "I can't find Dave, Bryan or Sarah."

The Oxford comma is preferred by most as it gives a clearer indication what the precise items on the list are, though often this can be inferred from context.

--

When creating a list, if the individual items contain commas, then it's traditional to use semicolons to separate the items to avoid confusion. This is very, very rarely needed, but might look something like this:

"I gathered everything: Sarah's old, blue box of hair ties; Dave's collection of dusty bags of Doritos; and Molly's creepy, if impressive, collection of Halloween masks."

--

If using a comma where parenthesis are concerned, if you would punctuate the portion of a sentence that includes the parenthesis, do so after the parenthesis, as in this example:

"I can't find Dave (whose eyebrows frankly terrify me), Bryan (who ate all the ice cream at summer camp that one time), or Sarah (you know, the one with the yappy dog with the weird breed name)."

--

In dialogue, a comma can be used where there is a character action that punctuates two snippets of dialogue, by ending the first snippet with a comma and beginning the second snippet with a capital letter, like so:

"I don't know what the hell is going on," he growled, hands shaking slightly as he leveled the shotgun at the terrified bellhop, "But I'm not leaving until I get some answers!"

It is also used in instances where you want to end a sentence containing dialogue with non-dialogue, in much the same way, only without the second dialogue snippet, like so:

"I-I'm sorry, I don't know w-which way it went, I didn't g-get a g-good look at it," the bellhop stammered, fearfully eyeing the barrel of the shotgun.

--

If you want to be really fancy, you can substitute a semicolon for a comma in a place where a comma would be naturally useful but the two sentences it's joining are technically two full sentences, like this:

"Using the crowbar for leverage, he finally managed to force the trunk of the car open, only to jump back in surprise; inside the trunk was the horribly mangled body of their professor, Mr. Winkler, his face frozen in a look of utter terror."

This is mostly done with sentences the subjects of which are closely interconnected. Chances are, if you don't do this, no one will even notice, but if you want to impress somebody, flip a semicolon on them once in a while.

--

As a final rule on commas, there is always a single space after a comma, just like there would be after a period or full stop.

--

Another thing that will help you roleplaying with the OCD (such as myself) is to remember the your/you're and they're/their/there rules. These are much simpler than commas and are all dependent upon the context of the sentence.

"Your" indicates ownership of something. For example, "Is this your horse?" And, "You can't fool me, this is your horse!"

"You're" is a contraction of "you" and "are" (generally speaking, the apostrophe indicates a contraction, so the same can be done with "you would" which would become "you'd", or "can not", which would become "can't", "do not" which would become "don't", "did not" which would become "didn't", and etcetera), so it can essentially be used interchangeably with the phrase "you are".

You could say, "You are my best friend!" or "You're my best friend!" and both would be equally valid.

This rule extends to they're, which is a contraction of "they are", for example: "They are going to university this year," could be rewritten as, "They're going to university this year," and both would be equally valid.

"Their" indicates ownership by a group of individuals. For instance, "Do you know Dom, Stacy, and Katy? This is their house." Or, "This is all their fault!" Or, "I don't buy their bullshit even for a minute!"

"There" indicates a location. For example, "You mean the haunted house where all those kids were murdered? Oh god, I don't want to go there!" Or, "I have a few outstanding warrants in Texas, I can't be seen there."

--

Another way to use the apostrophe is for indicating that something is owned by a specific individual, like this:

"Those are Dave's Doritos." Or, "Those are the soldier's pants."

When indicating possession by multiple individuals of the same type, the apostrophe goes after the s. For instance, if we're saying multiple firemen own a dog, we could say:

"That's the firemens' dog." Or, if we're saying that multiple squirrels own a cache of nuts, we could say, "I don't think we should take these, these are the squirrels' nuts."

--

Just a few more general things.

I know it's becoming fashionable on roleplaying forums, especially in search threads, to not start off sentences with capital letters (I don't know why, it drives me CRAZY! Agh!), but never once utilizing the shift key is not a good thing. Little Shifty gets real lonely if nobody pokes him whenever a sentence starts, and Shifty, he's been through a lot, you know? That guy, he's had a rough life, I don't think he needs anymore tragedy.

--

When a new person begins speaking in dialogue, break your paragraphs. For example:

"I love the way we finish each other's-"

"Sandwiches!"

"That's what I was going to say!"

This gives the best possible indication of who's speaking.

--

If there are more than two people conversing, indicating who by tags like "Dave said", or, "Growled the unspeakable horror from beyond the veil of space and time," also helps. For example:

"I'd like pizza!" Sarah chirped excitedly.

"I'd prefer sushi," Dave replied, hesitant to eat pizza because of the projectile diarrhea it often gave him.

"I WISH TO DINE UPON THE WRITHING SOULS OF THE FOREVER DAMNED," growled the unspeakable horror from beyond the veil of space and time.

"Uh, we'll just go with sushi," Sarah decided.

--

If there's no dialogue going on, there is really no concrete rule as to when paragraphs should be broken, just generally when the overall theme of the paragraph shifts. For example, if I wrote seven sentences about Dave, describing his clothing, his physical appearance, and that weird thing he does with Doritos sometimes, and then shift into an explanation about his car (and how it's an awesome muscle car, but the dude just doesn't take very good care of it, so it only barely gets him to work in the morning), then I'd put a paragraph break that would look something like this:

Dave had a habit of leaving Doritos laying around his apartment, and not bags of Doritos either, just singular Doritos, usually nacho cheese. It was the strangest thing. I'd go over to his place to hang out (well let's be honest, I was mostly going over there to see if his sister was home, oh my goodness she was SO cute), and there would be Doritos like, on top of his TV, or in his bathroom sink, and usually at least a few sitting around on top of his car.

(Here's the break.)

Dave had a really sweet car, but despite his dedication to putting Doritos all over the place, the dude was kind of lazy, and so the car barely got him to and from work most days.

--

As with not beginning sentences with capital letters, it also seems to be becoming fashionable to leave out periods / full stops. This is something to avoid doing, since periods help make writing (especially something as gargantuan as a search thread), look organized, and more appealing to read. Besides, who are we to leave out periods? That's just exclusionary, you know? If you're writing poetry, you can basically just ignore the rules of grammar entirely (bloody poets), but for search threads, please don't forget your capitals and periods!

--

If creating a quotation inside of quotation (basically having somebody tell somebody what somebody else said), you can use apostrophes to do so, as such:

"I was over at Jane's place, and she said, 'Stacy pooped
in my mailbox!', but you didn't do that... Did you Stacy?"

Basically, this is a way to indicate a quotation is taking place without breaking the original quotation by adding an unnecessary full quotation mark.

--

That should be enough to get you started. It can be tempting just to say "fuck it" to grammar, but at the end of the day, you will widely expand your number of partners, and everyone will have a better experience all around, if you take the time to learn. Don't worry about screwing up here and there in the interim, this is stuff that takes people years to master, and even those who are
really good at it mess it up from time to time. Just keep at it and you'll get it! ^^

fuzzehpolarbear said:
Congratulations to the happy couple. ^^
--

There are a lot of rules where grammar is concerned (commas are especially tricky), and it can be difficult to remember all of them, but for commas there's a particular trick I use. Just think the sentence to yourself, and wherever you would naturally insert a pause (to breathe, or because it just sounds like a good spot for a pause), slip in a comma. Commas are basically for brief pauses which don't warrant a period or full stop (it's called a "period" in some countries and a "full stop" in others).

--

For list style commas there are two methods you can use, and it's kind of up to you, but most people swear by "the Oxford comma" style, which looks like this:

"I can't find Dave, Bryan, or Sarah."

This is as opposed to, "I can't find Dave, Bryan or Sarah."

The Oxford comma is preferred by most as it gives a clearer indication what the precise items on the list are, though often this can be inferred from context.

--

When creating a list, if the individual items contain commas, then it's traditional to use semicolons to separate the items to avoid confusion. This is very, very rarely needed, but might look something like this:

"I gathered everything: Sarah's old, blue box of hair ties; Dave's collection of dusty bags of Doritos; and Molly's creepy, if impressive, collection of Halloween masks."

--

If using a comma where parenthesis are concerned, if you would punctuate the portion of a sentence that includes the parenthesis, do so after the parenthesis, as in this example:

"I can't find Dave (whose eyebrows frankly terrify me), Bryan (who ate all the ice cream at summer camp that one time), or Sarah (you know, the one with the yappy dog with the weird breed name)."

--

In dialogue, a comma can be used where there is a character action that punctuates two snippets of dialogue, by ending the first snippet with a comma and beginning the second snippet with a capital letter, like so:

"I don't know what the hell is going on," he growled, hands shaking slightly as he leveled the shotgun at the terrified bellhop, "But I'm not leaving until I get some answers!"

It is also used in instances where you want to end a sentence containing dialogue with non-dialogue, in much the same way, only without the second dialogue snippet, like so:

"I-I'm sorry, I don't know w-which way it went, I didn't g-get a g-good look at it," the bellhop stammered, fearfully eyeing the barrel of the shotgun.

--

If you want to be really fancy, you can substitute a semicolon for a comma in a place where a comma would be naturally useful but the two sentences it's joining are technically two full sentences, like this:

"Using the crowbar for leverage, he finally managed to force the trunk of the car open, only to jump back in surprise; inside the trunk was the horribly mangled body of their professor, Mr. Winkler, his face frozen in a look of utter terror."

This is mostly done with sentences the subjects of which are closely interconnected. Chances are, if you don't do this, no one will even notice, but if you want to impress somebody, flip a semicolon on them once in a while.

--

As a final rule on commas, there is always a single space after a comma, just like there would be after a period or full stop.

--

Another thing that will help you roleplaying with the OCD (such as myself) is to remember the your/you're and they're/their/there rules. These are much simpler than commas and are all dependent upon the context of the sentence.

"Your" indicates ownership of something. For example, "Is this your horse?" And, "You can't fool me, this is your horse!"

"You're" is a contraction of "you" and "are" (generally speaking, the apostrophe indicates a contraction, so the same can be done with "you would" which would become "you'd", or "can not", which would become "can't", "do not" which would become "don't", "did not" which would become "didn't", and etcetera), so it can essentially be used interchangeably with the phrase "you are".

You could say, "You are my best friend!" or "You're my best friend!" and both would be equally valid.

This rule extends to they're, which is a contraction of "they are", for example: "They are going to university this year," could be rewritten as, "They're going to university this year," and both would be equally valid.

"Their" indicates ownership by a group of individuals. For instance, "Do you know Dom, Stacy, and Katy? This is their house." Or, "This is all their fault!" Or, "I don't buy their bullshit even for a minute!"

"There" indicates a location. For example, "You mean the haunted house where all those kids were murdered? Oh god, I don't want to go there!" Or, "I have a few outstanding warrants in Texas, I can't be seen there."

--

Another way to use the apostrophe is for indicating that something is owned by a specific individual, like this:

"Those are Dave's Doritos." Or, "Those are the soldier's pants."

When indicating possession by multiple individuals of the same type, the apostrophe goes after the s. For instance, if we're saying multiple firemen own a dog, we could say:

"That's the firemens' dog." Or, if we're saying that multiple squirrels own a cache of nuts, we could say, "I don't think we should take these, these are the squirrels' nuts."

--

Just a few more general things.

I know it's becoming fashionable on roleplaying forums, especially in search threads, to not start off sentences with capital letters (I don't know why, it drives me CRAZY! Agh!), but never once utilizing the shift key is not a good thing. Little Shifty gets real lonely if nobody pokes him whenever a sentence starts, and Shifty, he's been through a lot, you know? That guy, he's had a rough life, I don't think he needs anymore tragedy.

--

When a new person begins speaking in dialogue, break your paragraphs. For example:

"I love the way we finish each other's-"

"Sandwiches!"

"That's what I was going to say!"

This gives the best possible indication of who's speaking.

--

If there are more than two people conversing, indicating who by tags like "Dave said", or, "Growled the unspeakable horror from beyond the veil of space and time," also helps. For example:

"I'd like pizza!" Sarah chirped excitedly.

"I'd prefer sushi," Dave replied, hesitant to eat pizza because of the projectile diarrhea it often gave him.

"I WISH TO DINE UPON THE WRITHING SOULS OF THE FOREVER DAMNED," growled the unspeakable horror from beyond the veil of space and time.

"Uh, we'll just go with sushi," Sarah decided.

--

If there's no dialogue going on, there is really no concrete rule as to when paragraphs should be broken, just generally when the overall theme of the paragraph shifts. For example, if I wrote seven sentences about Dave, describing his clothing, his physical appearance, and that weird thing he does with Doritos sometimes, and then shift into an explanation about his car (and how it's an awesome muscle car, but the dude just doesn't take very good care of it, so it only barely gets him to work in the morning), then I'd put a paragraph break that would look something like this:

Dave had a habit of leaving Doritos laying around his apartment, and not bags of Doritos either, just singular Doritos, usually nacho cheese. It was the strangest thing. I'd go over to his place to hang out (well let's be honest, I was mostly going over there to see if his sister was home, oh my goodness she was SO cute), and there would be Doritos like, on top of his TV, or in his bathroom sink, and usually at least a few sitting around on top of his car.

(Here's the break.)

Dave had a really sweet car, but despite his dedication to putting Doritos all over the place, the dude was kind of lazy, and so the car barely got him to and from work most days.

--

As with not beginning sentences with capital letters, it also seems to be becoming fashionable to leave out periods / full stops. This is something to avoid doing, since periods help make writing (especially something as gargantuan as a search thread), look organized, and more appealing to read. Besides, who are we to leave out periods? That's just exclusionary, you know? If you're writing poetry, you can basically just ignore the rules of grammar entirely (bloody poets), but for search threads, please don't forget your capitals and periods!

--

If creating a quotation inside of quotation (basically having somebody tell somebody what somebody else said), you can use apostrophes to do so, as such:

"I was over at Jane's place, and she said, 'Stacy pooped
in my mailbox!', but you didn't do that... Did you Stacy?"

Basically, this is a way to indicate a quotation is taking place without breaking the original quotation by adding an unnecessary full quotation mark.

--

That should be enough to get you started. It can be tempting just to say "fuck it" to grammar, but at the end of the day, you will widely expand your number of partners, and everyone will have a better experience all around, if you take the time to learn. Don't worry about screwing up here and there in the interim, this is stuff that takes people years to master, and even those who are
really good at it mess it up from time to time. Just keep at it and you'll get it! ^^
Thank you for all of the helpful hints to help improve my grammer thank you for taking your time to do so ^.^

Bump ^.^

FaithlovesBmth said:
Thank you for all of the helpful hints to help improve my grammer thank you for taking your time to do so ^.^
You are very welcome. ^^ I hope my hints help, and I wish you happy RPing. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back