• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for long-term roleplay friends (Prefix Irrelevant)

Gridalien

Birthday Xenomorph
Howdy.

I've been running short on friends who still frequently RP and most of the people I've known for years have changed or just disappeared. As it stands, I now RP between a couple of friends from time to time.

I'm looking for some contacts to keep in touch with for RP that could be within any settings. My preference is something based in Warcraft, but that's just me. I've done roleplay in everything from Warcraft and The Elder Scrolls to Mass Effect and Anno 2070. I'm not really picky about what setting I go with as long as it's interesting to immerse myself into.

On the topic of immersion, I prefer detailed RP that can go between more than one character. This involves detailing background on-goings, activity of characters currently involved in the RP, maybe even details about world events. In my experience, I've done well for being the DM of an RP, so I'm fairly comfortable in taking the narrative role. Otherwise, as a character, I like to think out of the box and have the open-ended capabilities to do whatever I want. Climbing up for a vantage, sneaking under some random objects for cover- whatever's realistically doable.

If you're interested, just give me a message here or with PMs. Otherwise, you can search me up by the same name on Steam and find me with the exact same avatar. I can answer more specific questions outside of a forum post.

Whatever your decision, enjoy yourself and have a great time.

[Post-Birthday Update]

I've met some folks here and done a bit of RP with one of them. Hopefully, others will give me a shot. I've been told I'm a lot of fun to have as the DM.

But let me give some more details on what my style of RP entails, based on a few of the tags I've seen circulating around the threads.

Roleplay with me has no emote length restriction. An emote can be a short response as necessary, or it can be a long and detailed depiction of what is occurring. I'm guessing people tag this sort of thing to try and filter out less serious roleplayers.

Detail and grammar are encouraged. The roleplay is meant to be immersive and, while I am likely to take the role as DM, it is also up to the player to take some small control of the environment as well. You may be surprised to see just how much life can be wrought into roleplay with a few minor details here and there.

Finally, there are no restrictions to what a character can do. Good and evil are present in the themes I generally host, and a character who does as they wish is entirely within their rights to be as evil as they desire.

Other than those few small disclaimers (and one relatively minor restriction), my only limitation is that I refuse to participate in any sorts of 'fandom' roleplay; whatever that implies. I'm guessing themes straight out of a girl's cartoon, or an anime.

Instant messaging is my only preferred means of roleplay. I do NOT engage in post-by-post emoting over forums, as it's less immersive than real-time emoting, and I do not check back on this site much. Apologies to those hoping otherwise!

Last edited:
Oh. Should make it clear that I prefer RP through instant messaging. Slow emoting through forum posts or private messages doesn't cut it for me.

Hello! I prefer to do a lot of my roleplaying over Discord. Fire me off a PM if you're still looking for a partner. 

Hello! I'm new to this site, but I am very much familiar with the settings you listed off. In fact, I actually got my start in RP via Warcraft stuff! I've taken the lead in generating small stories before, but I love to collaboratively work with others. Also, I tend to prefer Instant Messages to forum play even. I'd be very much interested in potentially brainstorming ideas with you! I don't think I'm allowed to PM just yet on this site, so I ask that you PM me if interested? Thanks!

Just thought I'd note that I don't check the site much. I'm not too reliable with keeping in touch with others on anything but Steam, so if you're hoping to have me around for a long time as a friend, your best bet is to just add me there.

I'm not constantly doing RP either, so don't be surprised if I'm more in the mood for a video game or something. Thanks to everyone here who's shown interest, though.

Bumparooni. For those so inclined, I can now be found on Discord. Just add Gridalien#7926 and chat with me whenever I'm around.

As always, enjoy yourselves.

Glad to have made a few friends from here. RP has been wonderful!

Also bump, incase there are others.

It's been over a month, so I'ma bump.

For those who play the game, I've fallen back into World of Warcraft and started doing RP with a few new, good friends. If anyone here's a roleplayer ingame, you can now add me on Battle.net and, if you've got some Alliance characters, we should be able to invite eachother to a party ingame, even if we're not on the same realm. I think the only (exceptionally stupid) restriction is region. I run about on the US servers, so I'm not sure if I can interact with players from other regions.

If not, then, hey; there's always the option of Discord or Steam. (Discord's preferable now)

Hit me up, fellas.

Gridalien#11369 for Battle.net
Gridalien#7926 for Discord
Gridalien on Steam

Enjoy yourselves, and congratulations to the staff for the successful forum upgrade!

It's been over a month, so I'ma bump.

For those who play the game, I've fallen back into World of Warcraft and started doing RP with a few new, good friends. If anyone here's a roleplayer ingame, you can now add me on Battle.net and, if you've got some Alliance characters, we should be able to invite eachother to a party ingame, even if we're not on the same realm. I think the only (exceptionally stupid) restriction is region. I run about on the US servers, so I'm not sure if I can interact with players from other regions.

If not, then, hey; there's always the option of Discord or Steam. (Discord's preferable now)

Hit me up, fellas.

Gridalien#11369 for Battle.net
Gridalien#7926 for Discord
Gridalien on Steam

Enjoy yourselves, and congratulations to the staff for the successful forum upgrade!

Maybe we can think up a plot, you seem to be well rounded as a writer and from your choice in vocabulary you seem experienced as well. I prefer action and sci-fi, or fantasy, genres with dark themes. I write with descriptive injuries and battle scenes and slow-paced plots make my imagination cry.
I'll contact you on Discord, because Instant messaging is an easier platform for me as well.

However-long-it's-been Update.

I don't frequent World of Warcraft anymore, although I do occasionally pop on for RP only.

I've made a custom character sheet in an Excel format that has a lot of statistical calculations and all for the system I use.

For those still interested in roleplay, I can now reliably host a more campaign-like RP. However, that'd be something down the road, since I don't have much of an urge to be the DM for anyone I haven't gotten to know.

My main setting is still Warcraft but, as always, I'm flexible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back