• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for interest in an epic campaign

Phyre

Fate of Creation
Hi,
Have you ever considered playing in a game where you don't tell everyone your stats? Where the richness of the story is the most important? How about a game that has substance beyond such things as random encounters, dungeon crawls, power gaming? A game played and ran by mature individuals.

I am looking for players who would be interested in playing a game of Exalted. Yes Exalted, but not third edition. And played in a way you may have never experienced. My style of gaming combines the lack of "throwing" out stats and numbers, because real people don't yell out what stats they have. Could you learn to play in a game where you are never told how many points of damage you took or gave out, but have to rely off the descriptions?

This is not a game where everyone just starts off together as a team. How about you start off in your own stories whose paths eventually may connect. I want to find a few individuals who really want to mentally travel to a fantastic world and "ACT" as characters in a world that might have similar traits as are own, but is obviously filled with magic and wonders unlike any we have ever encountered. Would you like to tell and epic story with a group of people? That is really what I want to be a part of, I want to be a part of a game that has characters that each has substance with both flaws and strengths, not shallow characters lacking depth beyond some attempt at munchkin-ism.

If this sounds like something that may interest you, if you want more than a power gaming session, if you would like to add to the richness of the gaming world you "travel through," this may be your type of game.

If interested please let me know.

Never really played Exalted before, but I am interested in this.

Never really played Exalted before, but I am interested in this.

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply. You don't need experiened to play. What is most important is that you bring your imagination and a willingness to take on the role of an epic character.

Consider me interested. I like the premise and am willing to give it a shot.

Thank you for your interest in the game and giving the game a shot. I really hope you like what I bring to the "table" with the involvement of each player.

Mind if I go ahead and express my interest in doing an [REDACTED BY COMMAND OF THE ALL SEEING EYE - GLORY TO THE SCARLET EMPRESS]? Its my favorite and I rarely get to do it.

Last edited:
I want to say this quickly before I start to see a lot of replie mentioning the type of character they would like to play or any other details concerning their character. I like to keep a lot of information secret. This includes information that no one else would have the ability to know about. As an example no other player will know the type of character you are playing. At least not in the beginning. So please refrain from talking about character concepts publicly. This is a secret that the other players will learn of through playing or guessing. But, they may never know. For the experienced player this may prove difficult. Most if not all the characters will have no clue as to what they actually are when and if they exalt. The problem is the misinformation that has been spread for centuries concerning the Celestial Exalted. So, please withhold from sharing information about your character or concept to any other players. Yes, I am aware of the possibility of an overlap of powers/abilities and I will inform players if their character concept is too close to another players. Concepts are a first come first serve, so once a player has. A character concept that has been shared with me via PM then they get the lock on that type of character.
Thank you in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back