• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking for high-fantasy literate RP

Hello everyone! I go by Haunts. I'm shut in for some winter weather and looking for someone to help me with my creative energy and collaborate on a fantasy style RP!

As for my basic "rules," my partner needs to be 18+. I'm 24 years old myself. Like everyone else, I believe in quality over quantity, but in general, I guess I have a wordy style and like when our writing has some more detail. I'm thinking along the lines of 4-6 paragraphs, 400+ words for the average post. That's not a hard and fast rule of course, and I can often write more than that if there's a lot of exposition or inspiration, and I do smaller posts too if there's a lot of action or dialogue so as to not stomp all over my partner. I'm the kind of person that cares about things like grammar, syntax, overpowered characters, and worldbuilding. Not gonna freak out if you make mistakes lol, I want us to have fun. Platonic RPs are always on the table, LGBTQ+ pairings of all sorts are cool with me. I'm not super romance-focused, I enjoy the story more than anything. In the past, I've usually done the typical one main character with side characters as needed, but more than one main character is always cool with me too. I usually go for a male main character and have a tendency towards dark or mischievous personalities. I like a lot of high fantasy concepts, everything from werewolves to dragons to faeries. I suppose I should also mention that I don't generally use artwork/photos for characters, I'm willing to look for something if you prefer a visual aid and I certainly don't mind if you have one for yours.

There's also no pressure for you to write at a certain pace. I try to do at least one in-character post a week. With a fresh idea and the right state of mind, I often post more than that. Depends on post length and stuff too. I'm also totally ghost friendly-- I appreciate a heads up if you're losing interest, and I'll try to work things out with you if you are, but I get that things happen. I struggle with communication sometimes, so it's important to be direct with me about things you like and don't like, haha.

Now for the fun part! I have a few basic starter ideas. They're definitely undeveloped, but all of my favorite RPs have started from simple concepts that my partner and I just went wild and got creative with. I want to leave my partner a lot of creative freedom, especially when it comes to their own character. If there are any details you want to change, or any ideas you have that build off of the concept, I'd love to hear it!

1.) This one is more of a simple quest concept that I've been thinking about. Character A is in search of a magical object, but because of dark magic in their bloodline, they require the help of a third party to obtain it. They recruit Character B to their journey under the precedence of needing a navigator, protector, mage, translator, etc. I had it in mind that Character B would suffer a curse/transformation/enchantment along the way, or something ends up forcing them to stay together. For this one, I'm looking to play Character A. Whether your character is human or not is up to you.

2.) Something like a Hades/Persephone scenario. I'd like to play a demigod (or similar) who meets a mortal and is impressed by a kind deed or accomplishment, or is perhaps saved by your character somehow. After becoming gradually obsessed with your character, your character could be captured, asked to renounce their family/humanity, etc. Perhaps they are rewarded with great power of their own. This one is more of an experimental concept, so it's rough around the edges, but I'd be interested in hearing any ideas you'd have to build off of it. I'm against controlling other people's characters, but there would definitely be an uneven power dynamic at least at first, so keep that in mind.

3.) Character A is a magical creature, bound to serve a magic family full of dark secrets and a great amount of power. Character B has never known their birth family, and their life has been shrouded in secrecy since birth. Adopted by human parents, they have often had strange, inexplicable things happen to them. One day, Character B receives a sudden visit from Character A, explaining that they are the last in the bloodline. Character B inherits not only a great wealth, but a servant, a mysterious house, magical items, and a great number of people out to get them. - For this one, I'd prefer to play Character A. I'm conflicted about the kind of setting and time period I'd like for this. Another thing to discuss is the reason Character B was given up at birth. It could be a curse, a prophecy, a whole number of things. I'm interested in building off of this, and I'm in the mood for some dark fantasy or occult themes. I'm conflicted between playing a shapeshifter, a tiefling-esque character, or maybe a more humanoid demon character.

4.) Character A's life has been full of mystery and hints of something less than human. When their community starts to push back against certain types of magic, Character A's bloodline is in question, and they are forced to flee into an enchanted forest. Desperate, all they have is the rumors of a safehouse deep in the woods, run by Character B. Character B offers Character A a place to stay... in return for some work. - For this one, I'm looking to play Character B. Not sure exactly what I have in mind for them, but I've been toying around with the idea of a werewolf or similar, or maybe something more monster-ish. As for your character, it's a complete blank slate. Whether they're aware of their magic is totally up to you. If you'd like to play Character B, that's also something I can work with!

5.) Character A is the crown prince/princess of a family known for their demon blood. Character B comes from a family that is poor, but known for their talent in magical healing. After Character A falls deeply ill, Character B's family is made a generous offer. Character B is made to stay at the palace, to keep the crown healthy each day in secret. - I was thinking this would be interesting with Character B as an elf, faerie, or otherwise something with the power to help or hurt Character A. I'd like to play Character A for this one, but it's negotiable!

If any of this sparks your interest, I'd love to hear from you! Shoot me a message with some info about you and what you like in an RP and hopefully we can start something great!

Last edited:
Hello! In reality I was 36 years old. Only my character is minor. If was not ocuped already I'm interesting by point 4

Hi! I'm quite interested in idea 5 if you're still looking for roleplay partners!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back