Looking for help creating a group RP

Jailyn

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I have an idea for an RP and I would love some help bringing it to life. It's a mix of Sci fi and modern day but basically these kids (most would be young teenagers or young adults at the time of the RP) were created to be weapons and given the best traits of 1-2 animals (sometimes more depending on the previous traits) but as they got older they didn't like basically being in lockdown 24/7 and started to rebel, learning of their true origins along the way. When it became apparent just how strong they were, orders were given to destroy them and the roleplay would start around the time of them breaking out and attempting to free themselves so they aren't destroyed.

I might be able to help—what kinda style do you want this to have? Casual? Detailed? Dark, light, something inbetween?

I might be able to help—what kinda style do you want this to have? Casual? Detailed? Dark, light, something inbetween?
Hmm. Detailed would definitely be a good. Somewhere in between dark and light as well. I want some moments to be pretty dark, especially as they learn the true nature of their existence but still have room for lighthearted moments between them.

Alright, I can def work with this, lol.

Do you wanna have a strong overarching plot, or have it be mostly free reign for the players?

Alright, I can def work with this, lol.

Do you wanna have a strong overarching plot, or have it be mostly free reign for the players?
I definitely have an overarching plot I want to work with but it can eventually move to free reign as it goes past that.

Okay, so like, generally when I make a rp, I outline where the characters start, first. So what are you thinking the starting state should be in this rp? Do they know each other? What is their general life experience? Do they know there's an outside world?

So I'm thinking most all of them know each other. The youngest of them would be no younger than 12/13 as that would be about how long ago they stopped creating them. They live in basically a compound. Everyday is generally the same, depending on their age ground. The younger, school age children wake up, eat, go to school, train, eat, and then have "free time" until it's bed time. Free time is really just, stay in the hybrids quarters and don't bother the faculty that cares for them. Older hybrids wake up, eat, spend most of the day training, eat, and have free time until bed time. The training really depends on the traits and skills someone shows so it could be anything from combat training, stealth, technology, etc. I think they all pretty much know there's an outside world but their understanding is its a bad place that can kill them, chock full of dangers, even though that may not be a reality.

Alright, do you have an inciting incident to kick off the plot? Like is there something that makes the kids go "we gotta get out of here"?

I'm thinking when it's starting, several of the older hybrids have realized that they were only created to fighting and kill. I'm thinking, they were sent off to fighting a small battle to test them, maybe a fellow hybrid friend died, and when the people that raised and cared for them didn't care, called them a failure for dying, they realized they were just tools to them. Not actually people. So when they returned, they explained things to the younger and told them they needed to get out.

Not too huge. I want there to be less than a dozen hybrids probably. Just so we can focus on the story of the RP a lot and it doesn't become too crazy. What do you think a good number would be?

It depends on how much oversight you're willing to give. Groups up to 4-5-ish people tend to need less attention than the larger ones, if just because the more people there are, the more likely there is that everyone's on different pages, so to speak

Oo true. Hmm. I'm thinking 5-6 would be a good amount then.

'Aight

How detailed do you want the interest check to be? Coded? Noncoded? Extensive history/background or just the concept and let the players help build it up?

Gonna be honest, I don't know what coded vs noncoded means haha.
As for the histroy/background, they would all share generally the same as they were all born and raised in the compound they're in. The only big differences would be the animals traits they were infused with as well as the skills they have because of it.

Ooo I'm gonna say noncoded as I don't have access to my PC at them moment.

Oooo! I'm thinking it's kind of modern day, maybe a little in the future. There were originally 2 kids, a male and a female, that were the origin of the hybrid "program" so they would be a few years older than the rest. It was just an experiment at first, to see what they could do when combining human and animal dna. At a few years old, maybe 5 or 6, the creators of them realized that they were highly skilled and so they were presented to the government to get further funding to create more hybrids. The government approved and a compound was built to create and raise these hybrids.

So they weren't originally created as weapons but once the government saw what they could do, it turned to creating and raising them to be bioweapons instead of just an experiment.

Willing to help a bit wirth the history and background if ya want!

Alright, so no real pressure to do it just science people doin what science people do

Honestly, I'd say you have the base down enough to start with an interest check, given there aren't any outstanding concepts you haven't mentioned that you wanna incorporate

Hey all- I'm totally digging the vibe in here but, as this is a co-creating thing rather than a finished interest check, I'd recommend asking a mod to move the thread to the RP Discussion and Advice forum so you're not clogging up notifs on the Recruitment one and you can plot/plan in peace ;P

Hey all- I'm totally digging the vibe in here but, as this is a co-creating thing rather than a finished interest check, I'd recommend asking a mod to move the thread to the RP Discussion and Advice forum so you're not clogging up notifs on the Recruitment one and you can plot/plan in peace ;P
Oh that's a good idea! How do I do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back