• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for fellow story tellers

Introduction;

Hello, my name is Bri, I'm 33 years old and I've been role-playing for 16 years. This post is to hopefully find one or two people to create a story with me. So before I list my interests and ideas I'm just going to explain what I am looking for in a partner.

What I am looking for;

Age;
21+ writing partners only please

-Third person POV; this is how I write and ii's easier in terms of story flow if the styles match up.

- Length ; now length for me can vary, sometimes I can write like a novella and other times it's barely a paragraph. But at minimum I will give you a 1-3 paragraph post so please do the same..

MxM pairings; I prefer playing male characters with ages ranging between 25-35and have mainly been writing gay/queer stories for a decade. I can be presuaded to do MxF if my partner really wants to and I f8nd the story to be interesting however.

Posting; I have a lot of free time on my hande at the moment, however I also have ADHD so my hyper fixations when it comes to writing varies. However I will try to post at least once a day and I will let you know 8f I need to leave for an extended period of time, so please extend the same.

Ideas; Even though I have ideas listed below this blurb, it doesn't mean they're set in stohe, I love world building so if you want to change something or have an idea of your own I'm all ears

Where to post; pm's please, it is easier for me to remember rather than a thread.

Hard No's; we can discuss those privately as well.

Alright now onto the Fun stuff;

Favorite Writing Tropes;

Slow burn romance
Fake dating
Friends to more
Enemies/rivals to more
Forced proximity
Meet cutes
Mistaken Identity

Favorite pairings tropes;

Sunshine/Grumpy (aka sun/moon and my FAVORITE favorite trope)
Himbo/nerd
Wouldn’t harm a fly/Scary dog
Oblivious/Obvious
Introvert/Extrovert
Annoying/Annoyed
Teasing/Easily flustered
Always calm/Feral
Menace/Goody two shoes

Interests;

Genres;

Fantasy; high or modern
Supernatural
Sword and Sandal
Sci-fi
Sci-fi/fantasy
Slice of life

(I don't really do Fandom role plays anymore, my interest in those ideas wane very quickly)

Ideas;

Immortal love;

A is a god that fell in love with Mortal B, which is forbidden after all the Gods retreated from Earth once civilization started to flourish. Betrayed by a close friend, A is forced to watch as B loses their memories. A is banished, a curse ringing in their ears that if they find B and make them remember, they will lose them in death. A cycle ensues, over the many centuries A and B meet, fall in love, B regains their memories of their original love, then meets their end shortly after. It is now present day, the amount of heartache and loss has turned A bitter.Determined to stay away from B to save what little soul they have left, fate has other ideas.

Showing up when needed;

Wanting a fresh start to escape their past, A packs up their life and leaves their small hometown, hitting the road with no destination in mind. After several hours driving aimlessly, a sign advertising a small motel pops up in their vision. Emotionally and physically exhausted they take the next exit, driving down a single lane road. Pulling into the parking lot of the motel, A notices that it is right next to a sign for the town that the motel is on the cusp of; Glenvale. For the first time in many, many months, a sense of peace washes over A, as they grab their pag and go inside to rent a room.

The Quest;

Seven years ago, (A)your older brother disappeared during his Trials of Espial, a quest each mage who comes of age must take to receive the ordainment of their magical order. Now it's your turn. (A)You can choose to follow the same path as your brother, or you can carve your own path. No one would fault you for moving on. Regardless of which path you choose, you are granted the accompaniment of a spirit guide. Choose your own path and you are granted (Potential B)Sylindra, a soft-spoken white mage who has been your best friend since you were children. Choose to follow in your brother's footsteps and you must put your trust and your life in the hands of the same handsome and enigmatic (Other Potential B)spirit guide that failed to protect him.

Two sides to every story

(A)You are the Master Apothecary at Mount Sinai Hospital and are known as the practitioner of last resort. When there is nothing ordinary medicine can do, you save the unsavable, helping those whose only other choice would be death. When you are called to the operating room, you pull on your scrubs, take a deep breath, and charge your magical power. After you enter, your skin begins to sparkle, and the doctors and nurses step away, knowing all too well that magic can have unintended side effects. The patient(B) has been shot, and his heart needs to be rebuilt as only magic can accomplish. As you hold your hands over him, you look down at his face and pause. You've seen this man before… ten years ago, standing over the body of your murdered father.

To Hunt a Monster

(A)You sip your coffee at your favorite hole-in-the-wall café across from a crumbling and congested elevated highway. It's nearly midnight, but you don't want to go home. Your heart is aching. Your grandmother has been taken by a man your kind knows by reputation but no one has seen up close — a fallen angel who will hunt down anyone or anything if the price is right. The owner of the café, an old woman with a weathered face, offers you another cup and a smile of sympathy. When a scruffy-jawed man(B) with thick boots and violet eyes enters the café, the old woman nearly drops her coffee pot. The café owner calls him by name, the shock in her eyes palpable as she begins to tremble. The man nods a greeting to her. Then he notices you and, to your surprise, marches right over to your table with an aggressive, animalistic intent. You hop to your feet and quickly whisper an incantation. He stops in his tracks and smiles, as much as his gruff exterior will allow. "I haven't picked a fight with a Benandanti in a hundred years. Why would I start now?" You slowly sit back down as the man makes himself comfortable in the opposite seat. "Word on the street is that you are looking for a man with broken wings. I have a lead or two, but first could you help me with a little something?" He takes off his fedora to reveal two horns sprouting from his head. You wave your hands, and in an instant the horns disappear. "Thanks, buddy. Now let's get to work."

The gift and the Artist

As a child, a bluebird would leave small gifts of pebbles, flowers, feathers, and scrap metal at your(A) window. Years later at a gallery opening, you come across a handsome and mysterious mixed media artist(B) whose compositions featuring pebbles, flowers, feathers, and scrap metal are intriguingly familiar.

If you are interested in any of these ideas please pm me with the title of the idea you are interested in, or just Hi is fine too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back