• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for an RP Partner(or Partners)

Cmdrawings

Hello, you can call me Cat!

I think it's been one or two years since I was last on this site so apologies if I'm a bit behind on things but I'm looking to maybe get back into RPs and just wanted to see who might be curious.

So here's a bit of info about myself:

I'm a 24-year-old female with a huge love for mythology, fantasy, history, and video games. If you ever want to know a fun fact about history or just random trivia I would be more than delighted to share what I know, I also love talking about video game lore for games like the Elder Scrolls series, New World, World of Warcraft, Wildstar, and Guild Wars 2. As you can guess I'm a huge fantasy lover but if fantasy isn't to your taste I'm sure I have some OCs around somewhere that are better fitted for a different genre, I try to keep my OCs organized so I have a spreadsheet if need be. I adore just fleshing out characters and giving them details so if there's ever a character that catches your fancy I can happily provide details and information on them.

As for what I'm looking for, I personally just want to get some more experience with writing and overall roleplay in general as I feel like I'm still a novice in that regard so I'm open to all whether it's someone more experienced to show me a trick or two or for someone in the same boat as me so we can learn and grow together. I think the biggest obstacles that I've noticed so far are that I'm not the greatest at writing out fight scenes and I struggle with keeping things interesting, I tend to be a more slow-paced person because I worry about overwhelming people or moving way too fast that the plot in mind gets forgotten or lost in the confusion. So I'm hoping to overcome that.

In regards to what I expect when it comes to time lengths or sentences I'm not fussy at all. I work 2 pm to 10 pm Central Standard Time with the occasional Saturday and Sunday depending on shift rotation so I know I can take a while to respond I don't expect anyone to just have a reply right away and I don't mind waiting for months if life gets busy and I will do my best to let you know if I work a full 7 days week. I also understand that reply length can ebb and flow so I'm not going to set a limit to it. If one section takes full-blown paragraphs and the next a few sentences then I'm okay with that because sometimes we all get stuck somewhere and just need something smaller before things pick up again.

Onto what I'm not looking for: I'm not very big into erotic scenes, to be honest, so I would prefer to avoid situations like that. It's one thing if it was a slow-burn romance and it felt more natural then I would be open to discussion but right out of the gates tends to make me a bit uncomfortable. I'm fine with romance and characters flirting but if it goes into 18+ content minutes after they meet I just can't bring myself to do it. I also don't have the stomach for horror genres, other than that I think I would consider myself a chill person and can accommodate to any rules others have.

If anyone is interested feel free to reach out here or in my DMs. I would add my discord but I'm currently trying to declutter my DMs there. Hope to meet some new faces and make some friends along the way!

Adding some edits now that I've seen enough posts to realize I missed some info for people to know about:

I mostly have female characters but I could try male characters it's just I don't think I have enough experience just yet to do a male lead, it might be easier to start off with me having a female lead and a male side character to watch and learn from others before I get to try a male lead. However, if someone is experienced in male leads, wants me to try a male lead, and can walk me through it if I get stuck somewhere then I would consider it.

I've done a few M x F and F x F but I haven't done any M x M or any NB x etc but I'm willing to try if get comfortable with my writing. Also, romance doesn't have to be a requirement I'm a sucker for platonic stuff and found family so I'm okay with romance not being a thing.

I'm not the most ghost-friendly person seeing as I like talking to people and getting to know them. I tend to worry if the person is alright if they drop off the face of the earth so if we've talked and you're not interested and don't just want to be casual friends then I would appreciate a simple, "No thanks, I'm good. Good luck though!" just so I don't worry too much.

Last edited:
Hello! You and I have very similar interests and I would love to develop an RP with you!

Hello! You and I have very similar interests and I would love to develop an RP with you!
Sounds wonderful! I would love to hear more about yourself and what sort of RP you had in mind. I like hearing thoughts on things, I'm available all day today due to a winter storm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back