• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking For All Types Of RP

Malhyanth

The Wolverine
Howdy all!!

I've been here for a little while now, starting to make some friends, have joined, or attempted to join, a few RPs.

I have some great RP buddies, whom have been writing with me in a few RPs, but I'm always on the look out for new stories, and literate partners.

Please don't be offended, but I hate things that are really rule heavy; I'm used to being able to just spread my wings and go, so if there is a lot of lore, or rules, I can get bored easily reading through it all, and may struggle to get myself involved. If you want me in your RP, but you know there is a lot of lore for your world/setting, please give me a breakdown so I can feel confident to get involved and if I like it, it may prompt me to read more thoroughly as I'll be more engrossed!

I've made a list here of all the sorts of stories I'd be really interested in, HOWEVER, if you like my style, and think I'd fit in with a story you have going, or that you want to start, or you like one of my characters and want to include them in your story line, please post to me here too, with the invite, or drop me a PM.

I tend to like roleplays I can literally jump feet first into. I'm not really one for liking to do a character sheet or anything, but if I must, I must, and I'll do my best. My characters tend to develop themselves as I write; even my regularly played characters have a multitude of versions that have developed specifically for a particular RP. My characters will reveal more about themselves as I go, even I don't necessarily know who they'll be when an RP starts, so character sheets can really inhibit the flow of a character, as they become stuck in that "sheet" persona, and can't grow or develop because you feel constrained to it. I often have to go back and re-read my previous posts after I've read yours so I actually know what version of a character has been written, and what it is they've written through me; certain characters elude my conscious brain, it seems!!

Anyway! Here is my list of RPs I'd be really interested in! I should state all of my characters can go into romantic style RPs if people want that; some are more... diverse... in their tastes than others, but that is outlined in the character section below.

Any element with asterixs are what I really want to play; I also generally play male characters; very male characters too!

> Anything with lycanthropes, shape shifters, beast-men, however you want to call it!
-----> Garou x Garou (World of Darkness)
-----> Garou* x Any other World of Darkness race
-----> Werewolf* x Victim (my brand of werewolf)
-----> Werewolf* x Human (Wolf Children style)
-----> Werewolf x Werewolf
-----> Beast-man* x Human
-----> Shape-shifter x Shape-shifter
-----> Shape-shifter* x Human

> Witchcraft and Wizardry!
-----> Student x Student (Harry Potter universe)
-----> Magic folk x Non-magic folk
-----> Magical Beast Breeder/Smuggler* x Ministry Of Magic Investigator (Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts)
-----> Wizard/Witch x Human (Modern or Medieval Era)
-----> Witch/Wizard x Hunter

> Post-apocalyptic!
-----> Survivor x Survivor (Zombies)
-----> Survivor x Survivor (Illness/Event of some description)
-----> Survivor x Survivor (Nuclear Fallout)

> Animal/Fantasy Beasts!
-----> Pet* x Human
-----> Canine x Canine
-----> Animal x Animal
-----> Naga* x Any other individual/Hunter
-----> Gorgon* x Any other individual/Hunter

> Mutant/X-men!
-----> Mutant x Mutant (X-Men style)
-----> Student x Student (X-men style)
-----> Mutant* x Human (X-men style)
-----> Mutant x Mutant (Children of AM-NOVA style - my own novel)
-----> Mutant* x Human (Any setting)

> Demons/Ghouls/Ghosts
-----> Ghoul* x Human (Tokyo Ghoul style)
-----> Ghoul x Ghoul (Tokyo Ghoul style)
-----> Incubus* x Human
-----> Incubus* x Succubus
-----> Ghost* x Human
-----> Possessed Individual* x Human
-----> Demon* x Hunter
-----> Summoned Demon* x Summoner/Human

> Steam/Dieselpunk/Cyberpunk!
-----> Bounty x Bounty Hunter*
-----> Royalty x Pauper* (I kind of have a novel
I want to write, and this would be based around that world, and actually is a blend of Steampunk and Cyberpunk)
-----> Adventurer x Adventurer
-----> Rich kid x Poor kid

> Daemons/His Dark Materials!
-----> Student x Student
-----> Daemon person* x No-daemon person (an across worlds exploration RP - very open world)
-----> Unsettled x Stable* (perhaps siblings or friends?)
-----> Unexpected form x the perfect form* (Again, could be siblings or friends)

> Wild West
-----> Any of the above but in a Wild West setting.
-----> Outlaw* x Hostage/Kidnap Victim
-----> Cowboy/Outlaw x Cowboy/girl (poss Outlaw)
-----> Outlaw* x Sheriff
-----> Outlaw* x Farmer/Land Owner's offspring (daughter or son)

AND LITERALLY EVERYTHING REALLY!!!

There are a few things below I find very beneficial in a writing partner:
-----> Happy to OOC PM with me - I SERIOUSLY love to collaborate with you, and anything we are creating, I'd love to discuss with you before and during!!
-----> Be willing to RP exclusively on threads (I just find this immensely easier to track).
-----> Long term is preferable, but I can do a short RP if you want. I get very invested into stories though!
-----> Able to understand I AM a nearly 30 year old adult who has to do adult things like work full time, do chores around the house, walk my three dogs, and attempt to have a social life outside of roleplay. The latter doesn't happen very often, but it does sometimes!!
-----> In relation to above, accept that some days I will respond MULTIPLE times a day, then it may take me two or three days to respond.
-----> Understand I have a degenerative disorder of the spine, which means I live daily with quite intense pain, and survive on some serious pain meds; this makes some posts pretty difficult to understand if I started writing and medication kicks in, but most of the time, I realise, and stop writing/posting before you see that! If anything does confuse you, just holler, and tell me to reread my post!
-----> I write, when really invested into an RP, between 4-8 paragraphs. Sometimes this happens when no speech occurs, and it is literally all action, and all descriptive writing. As mentioned above, I do write novels in my spare spare time, so writing is something I find very therapeutic. If this intimidates you, or if your posts once we get going just aren't captivating me, or giving me ANY ability to propel RP on, please don't be offended if I initially try to give some pointers, and if we still aren't getting anywhere, I request we stop the RP.
-----> I'm looking for 1x1 RP, trio RP, small group RP, or open RP too. I tend to like to do 1x1, when it is progressing an over-arching story, so if our characters are interacting a lot, but it is slowing the progression of the RP for everyone else, I'm happy to go to a new thread and link into the current RP so others know they have the "abridged" version and there is more to read.

So I know some people may be after me for specific characters they've come across, so I've written a quick summary of some of my most iconic characters, so that if you have met them in RP already, in my Gallery, along with images that have been used to assist in their design. These are linked below as they are created here:

[x] Wy'Ziot, the Bone Collector
-----> A Cacophony Of Noise
-----> What Music Do Bones Make?
-----> Hotel Tussen Vanderheim
-----> Assassin's Prize
-----> This Concrete Jungle
-----> Secrets And Blood
-----> Gifts From A Moon God
-----> Of Spells And Curses
-----> Let Me Sustain You
[x] Elliot Boltset, the witch/wizard
----->
[x] Zha'rim, Khajit Assassin
----->
[x] Khmaoch, the Chhma/Tiger
-----> Kumari And The Ghost
[x] Athisk (Ath) Hizecz, the Naga
-----> Naga Protection Program
[x] Samael Lilith, Incubus
-----> The Demon's Will
-----> In Pursuit Of Relief
[x] Vampire here
----->
[x] Nix Craven, Vampiric Mutant
-----> Untitled - HIATUS
-----> Lessons For Life
[x] Ruger Wolfgang, Potterverse wizard
-----> Triwizard Tournament
[x] Maxim Jackson, Werewolf
-----> Odd Unions
-----> An Unusual Duo - HIATUS
[x] Jackson Brooks - Infected Human
-----> Infected

If you'd like to write with me, please do comment here, or PM me, so we can chat, have a play about, and see where we go!!

Last edited:
EDIT: Link(s) to characters will take you to an album devoted to them c: Which will hold any artwork I've done of them, received of them, and copies of their Private Workshop "profile" which is more of a descriptor of the types of characters they've been portrayed as, dependent on the RP they've been in c:

You sound like the right kind of partner for me! Would love to do a story with you. really interested in Pet x human and survivor x survivor.

@librislily - If you've read the above and are not intimidated by any of it, or have checked out my writing style in posts made here already, I don't need to see anything from you! I'm not elitist; I know everyone starts somewhere, and if I can assist in someone developing themselves, being as I've been writing on and off for 15 years, I'm happy to assist in passing that on!! What took your fancy?

Seasplash241 Seasplash241 - Always looking for partners and RP!!! I'm used to being in a one world RP where I actually played 26 characters simultaneously across the world; all with multiple RPs occurring. I'm always happy to seek new RP! What took your fancy?

Calibutcher Calibutcher - Aw thanks!! Which kind of Survivor RP? And what did you have in mind if we did the pet x human?

unais unais - If you want to start a second RP with one of these plots, I'll happily carry out a couple RPs with you!!

Would you be interested in an MxM with the Shapeshifter x Shapeshifter? Maybe throw in School AU as well?

'Scuse me Tatle Tatle ? If you're looking for RP, how's about setting up your own thread over high jacking mine? Thank you kindly!!!

MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx , I was about to say that sounds great! But seems you have chosen someone whom is poaching my RPs in my own thread, so I shall allow you to continue there, then!!

@librislily - I am up for happy, sad, angry, moody, loving, whatever you want my friend!! Just hit me up with your ideas :D

MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx , I was about to say that sounds great! But seems you have chosen someone whom is poaching my RPs in my own thread, so I shall allow you to continue there, then!!
If you ever need an extra person for a modern or modern fantasy RP, you can @ mention me and I'll take a look ^_^.

Sorry, I think if you're happy to take the offer of an RPer that isn't the OP of the thread, I think I'll keep it to those that respect other people's threads. Much as I would have loved to get that offer, I think you have made your choice there. Bye :closed eyes open smile:

Hey all following this:

I've just added a new set of plots I was thinking about the other day; as an active Daemian, I'd LOVE to write with another whom used Daemonology to better their lives, mental health, and thought it could be fun to create some little scenarios!!

It's open, as all my things, to people whom may be new to the idea too; just be prepared for me to gush at you a lot, as it's the theology by which I live my life :)

I'm currently looking for a good apocalyptic RP. I'm thinking 1x1 zombie apocalypse would be fun. Maybe a small group in the future depending on how it goes. I have a couple ideas to elaborate on the zombie lore. If you're interested shoot me a PM :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back