• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern -Looking for a Post-apocalyptic, Hardcore-survival RP partner-

Becker

“Someone else always has to carry on the story...”
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Heyo there, Hen here ^_^

I've been on and off the site in the past few weeks and i've recently got a urge to do a hardcore survival type RP with a post apocalyptic theme.

About me and my RP Style:

• I am 20, male and living in the UK. Since I am from the UK, my time zone might be very different from yours. That said, I will try my best to be active for you but i'll be needing my beauty sleep too ;)
  • I would consider myself to be a rather mature person when it comes to roleplaying. I tend to dislike 'meme', 'clown' and 'eye candy' characters. I do like comedy but i'm much more of a subtle type. (Double-meanings, Ironic moments and so forth.)
  • I have Aspergers Syndrome so I tend to struggle with complex social interactions between characters (and people). If I take a while to post my character's reply, it doesn't mean i'm not interested in the roleplay but merely i'm trying to figure out what exactly is going on. I will go on to put that i'm -not- a 'special-case'. You won't have to dumb things down for me, I find people that have done that to be rather insulting.
  • I tend to vary my reply lengths depending on the situation. I love well put together lore/worlds and i'll often go into detail about every significant item, character or place. On the other hand I tend to keep my replies rather short if it's a conversation between two characters or certain action moments.
I'm currently working on a Metro 2033 Fandom RP but it's still a long way off from being anywhere near finished, so I thought I would try to do something here to give me a few ideas and hopefully inspiration.

Feel free to say hi if you're interested. I don't bite :3
BSO 3.jpg

Heya!! I'm interested if you're still accepting ^^ Also, gotta put highfive up there I'm from UK too c':

idalie idalie , Probably George Probably George , MissTay215 MissTay215 , Clairikins Clairikins

Heyo you lot, thank you all very much for taking a interest in this; I do appreciate you all taking the time to message me ^_^

Since there are now five of us, I was wondering if you guys & gals would be up for a group RP rather than a 1-1? It'll help me considerably since I won't then have to create 4 seperate conversations and multi-tasking ain't my strongest trait. Please let me know your thoughts! ^_^

In regards to the lore & world, i'm heavily basing it on the Metro 2033 universe which in my opinion is a great mix of fiction in terms of the various mutated beasts that threaten what's left of humanity yet still keeping on a 'plausible' post-war storyline.

In 2013, nuclear war had devastated the Earth, wiping out billions of lives. Among the affected nations is Russia, including the now-desolate wasteland of Moscow. A handful of survivors managed to hide in the Metro system, salvaging spare parts and growing mushrooms for food. Animals such as rats, bears, and others are mutated into horrific monsters, while the air in many areas that humans breathe becomes heavily irradiated and impossible to survive in without a gas mask. While there is a constant state of war between the Communists and the Nazis both trying to promote their radical ideologies, bandits are stealing, killing and looting in the metro tunnels, even keeping hostages to gain bullets, which are used as currency.

So in a nutshell, Metro tunnels are safe(ish) and above ground is now the roaming grounds for all sorts of beasts/monsters. Forced below ground, it's not surprising that various extreme ideas become wide-spread; thoughts of the old days in the Glorious soviet-union quickly took root within large amount of the remaining population. Soon, a communist revolution sparked a full scale war within the tunnels. Their enemy? the Fascists (Those that became fanatical collaborators for the old german reich) and anyone thought to be a enemy of the Red Army. Luckily most of the people that simply wanted to live their lives in peace were able to do so in the less crowded areas of the metro. Great towns populated entire subway stations, trade began to open as make-shift trams were constructed to allow frequent travel between these stations.

Above ground was a whole other situation; with humanity forced below ground, the surrounding forrests took a firm grip of the landscape. Trees, rivers and various carnivorous plants slowly transformed a usually winter filled Moscow into a vibrant, warm ghost town. As the radiation began to subside, the plants mutated as rainwater was still very contaminated. Now a toxic bi-product is produced by the plants within Moscow, forcing all above-ground scavengers to don gas masks whilst the mutated beasts appeared unaffected by the deadly air.

Please do let me know what you think of the plot, it's nothing too fancy I hope :P

And for the homosexual stuff, I don't mind per say as long as it's done in a believable manner ;)

Clairikins Clairikins , by all means you can make a character that's a former band-member but I would like to gear this towards a more typical 'surivor' roleplay :P

Probably George Probably George , idalie idalie ,

Awesome sauce my dudes, i'll have something thrown up soon; would you guys prefer this in a group chat or on the forums?

My idea is that we were all members of a band when the world was destroyed. It gives us a reason to all stick together.

Clairikins Clairikins Whilst you idea ain't a bad one, I would like to go along with my intented plan of our characters being in the same undergound town; that way folks can still make up their own back-stories etc.. :P

Probably George Probably George , Yeah sounds like a plan to me; i'll put it on the 'One on One' page. Whilst I know it's usually for 1-3 people, it shouldn't end the world if I have up to 5 peeps (Fingers crossed) ^_^

Actually, you're right.. I honestly wasn't expecting to have more than a couple of people interested so the 1-1 was my original plan. But now that i've thought about it, i'll switch it to the group thread instead :P

Very interesting plot. I love it! I wouldn't mind doing it as a group but I would prefer one on one since this will be the first roleplaying with you!

MissTay215 MissTay215 ,

Sure thing, i'm happy to still do 1-1's; just that with this many people, I thought it'll be a idea to make a group as well to cut down on my workload xD

Also to everyone else, since I didn't mention this (My bad).. i'm still happy to do 1-1's if you're not interested in group stuff, just send me a PM! ^_^

I'd definitely me interested in doing a group roleplay with this setting! Are you still looking for people? ?

Certainly am indeed. You should be able to find a link to the OOC page in one of my posts above! ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back