• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for a partner

RedCrow

OK, so recently I've been feeling particularly inspired to do a roleplay set in a fantasy world similar to that of Dragon Age or The Witcher franchises. Something gritty, possibly a little dark, but never completely cynical and hopeless.

Now, we can play in the settings as they've been established, or we can put our own spin on things. I also would love to collaborate on designing a world of our own. Whichever one you think would be more interesting.

What I will do: I will always do my best to craft interesting stories to take part in, and characters to interact with, but that doesn't mean I can handle the whole burden myself. I will always do my best to write with detail, proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. I will always do my best to write as much as necessary, and to give you something to reply to. I will never pressure you for length, I don't care if you write a paragraph or five pages, as long as we're both having fun. If we hit a bit of a snag, or if things have slowed down, I will do my best to get in contact with you so we can figure out how to resolve it. I will do my best to do my research before posting about something I don't entirely understand.

What I won't do: I will not play a canon character for the explicit purpose of having them hook up with your OC. I will not directly control the thoughts or actions of your character(s). I will not carry or control all of the events of the entire story by myself. I just don't think I'm that creative, and I love to see what other people come up with as well.

One more thing, I'd prefer if we could focus on original characters over canon characters.

I would like to do RP with you. I love the Dragon Age series to death, and I would love to do a RP within that universe ^^

Hello there @RedCrow.

I see you are new here but this post has nothing to do with your length of time being here. I have extreme and deeply passionate feelings in regards to a roleplay set in the Witcher series, I started playing Wild Hunt yesterday and I am in love. I have little lore knowledge but I can easily pick up through reading texts from in-game and the wikia. But I do grasp most of the lore and would hope to provide a good and fun roleplaying experience.

I know this is kind of long but I'm trying to pitch myself to you like a businessman would pitch an idea.

~Wastes Storyteller

I was planning on my character being a Witcher, unless you are against that since it might be a bit powerful. Though every Witcher has flaws.

Well if you're playing a Witcher it's safe to assume that monster hunting will be involved at some point. But if you want me to come up with something more detailed I'm going to need to know more about him aside from his occupation.

That said, in general I prefer a more improvisational approach. To quote one of my favorite movies, 'I think a plan is just a list of shit that doesn't happen.' It'll probably be set somewhere in Temeria, since that's the area we know the most about. Other characters will probably be peasants, bandits, soldiers, maybe a sorcerer or sorceress, soldiers and mercenaries, those kinds of people.

Now if you want, I can tell you all about my plot character, everything about his backstory (that I have so far), all about his little plot hook, and I can spend the next couple days coming up with an overarching meta plot that follows the classic stages of 'introduction, rising action, climax, falling action, etc.' and a whole cast of characters to populate the places we end up going... But I know myself, and I know that no matter how much time I spend working on something like that I'll never want to share it, because then it'll become something real, and less perfect, and people will be able to interact with it and poke holes in it and blah blah blah complain complain complain.

Or we could worry less about a plan and focus more on jumping in and having fun. Maybe pick a few themes to focus on (like military action, political intrigue, suspense/horror, monster hunting, noir fantasy, dungeon delving, or exploration, for example) but stay away from specifics.

Of course, that's just my feelings on the issue. If you like having a strict plan and an order of events to follow, that's cool. You do you homie. But that's not the type of roleplay I want to be involved in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back