Advice/Help looking for a partner in crime (co-gm & friend)

SodaToast

Toastosterone
Hello! I'm SodaToast, an ambitious but greatly flawed individual who tends to jump head first down the rabbit hole if you get what I'm sayin'. I have grandiose ideas but also a terrible habit of abandoning them in their infancy, often feeling intimidated by the workload required to truly develop them into their potential. And that's what they've remained as. Wasted potential. Fortunately for you, those times are over. Why? Because I said so. When? Right now.

I have one idea that I've been figuratively stirring in the metaphorical pot for a while now and the more I think about it the more I realize that I really like it. It's got all the elements of a story I enjoy so dearly: revolution, companionship, fighting for your beliefs, powers, futuristic technology, evil android robots, and a nice, comfortable dystopian blanket keeping everything warm and cozy.

Too many times in the past have I tried to act like a professional, experienced GM. With this bizarre and probably very offsetting post, I am confessing that I'm just some kid with big ideas. Now there's no doubt that in the coming few days I'm going to see this again and be paralyzed with cringe, but that's alright. If I can just get this idea off the ground, everything will be worth it.

If you haven't noticed, rambling on line after line is kind of my specialty. My point is I'm tired of doing it alone. None of my irl friends are really into this, which is fine. Every person to their own. But some days I feel like my productivity would sky rocket by having somebody else to talk about my ideas with. Somebody that I can bounce my thoughts off of and vice versa.

I'm looking for that somebody. If you're interested in the idea or simply looking for a friend/rp partner, hmu with a dm. Conversely, if you're working on something of your own and just looking for some feedback, I'd love to talk about it.

tl;dr apes together strong

looking back, i hope this gets buried deep into the archives of rpn never to be seen again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back