• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for a long-term RP partner!

Edric Yuma

Just Another Paper Cut Survivor
Whew, it's been a while since I was active! I felt like now was a good time, though: I'm fresh out of a fictional writing class from my college, and I'm more than ready to dip back into RP. Anyways, I'm not really interested in anything in particular right now, but here are a few notes on things that I strive to have as a writer and hope to see within a partner:
  • Moving the plot along
  • Dialogue progression (as in, it's not just my character leading all the conversations only to rebutted by passive "yeah, sure" responses)
  • World Building (I love world building, and I would love someone I can just chat with about developing a world together)
  • At least a couple of good paragraphs of content
  • Fairly advanced writing
  • Communication (I'm totally willing to scrap a story and try again if you are not feeling the story)
  • Not necessary, but I do like conversation!
Here's an example of my writing (excerpted from a story about someone taking a music test that essentially determined his future)
Zander did as he was told, and slid on the neural scanner, a half-spherical device that went over his head and tightened until its shape matched that of his head. As soon as he sat down in the cushioned sofa, the soft orange lighting faded to a dim glow. Then music began playing.

He recognized the first piece: Chopin’s Nocturne in E flat Major. Its flowing melody flooded the room with sound, and the trills of the piano echoed in a way that reminded Zander of a concert hall. The orange glow pulsed and ebbed along with the melody. Then the music changed, and Gustav Holst played, his orchestral composition bringing sounds of mystery and intensity. Next was jazz: My Foolish Heart by Bill Evans. Its calming rhythms and steady drums reminded Zander of the time he and Enoch had snuck into a retro bar to try the old-school margaritas. The bouncer had been so angry when they were discovered. England Revival reminded him of middle school, when he thought it was cool to listen to music from older generations. Metal reminded him of when he and Phoenix had gotten nose piercings together – his had since resealed, but Phoenix had kept them in. It was now part of her style. Country-punk fusion reminded him of its peak in late elementary school. He and Jaime had gotten in so much trouble with Mr. Wilcox by tossing home-made stink bombs into the classroom right before graduation. As the music shifted, so did Zander’s memories of moments in time when he had explored a certain genre of music.

Side note: I really enjoy romance but when it is paired with another plot. I don't mind romance being the main plot, but I would like subplots that aren't just "ouchie Susana dumped me." Sorry!
I don't really have anything in mind at the moment, but I welcome any pairing as long as it doesn't feel morally wrong (roleplaying cheating as if it's a good thing, large age gaps, etc.) I am more a genre-orientated thinker, so here are things that have worked for me in the past:
  • Fantasy
    • Honestly anything fantasy is usually interesting enough for me.
  • Futuristic
    • I'm thinking like post-apocalyptic, dystopian, anything that is dark or magnifies problems with society today.
  • Realistic - I usually do "close-to" realistic plots, with a dash of magic or fantasy to spice things up, but if you have a compelling plot hit me!
  • Fandom - Note that for these, I do not want to play any characters that are not my own. It just doesn't feel like I have a personal enough connection with the character to write them.
    • One Piece
    • Harry Potter
    • Percy Jackson
    • Other anime (sorry I'm a weeb, if you're not I promise it won't ruin my writing)

If you don't have an idea but think we'd write well together, hit me up anyways! I enjoy plot building with others.

I love world-buildind especially when it comes to fantasy worlds and I'm in pretty much all of these Fandom, would you be possibly interested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back