• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for a friend! (Still open)

ChibiChobits

BLACKJACK!
Hello! :D

Okay, I've never written in forums before. *Deep breathe* So, here we go, lemme try and drag this out. xD

My name is Kayleigh, and I've been role-playing for about a year or so, due to my friend introducing me to it! I got obsessed and role-played with her 24/7. After school whilst doing homework, all the time on weekends if I wasn't playing games with other friends of mine, and even in school during history since we sit next to each other xD . Sadly, I've been getting bored though, her thoughts and characters, her wording and ideas are beginning to bore me. I need/want someone new! Someone to refresh my role-plays with new characters, new stories, new fun. ^u^ Since I've only role-played with girls, I prefer to role-play with a guy this time. But hey, no discrimination against girls :3 I'm willing to role-play with anyone, just right now craving for a guy's characters, thoughts, and creativity. I am desperate for a wonderful role-play partner! xP

• Plot: Now, to be honest I've never been good with creating stories/plot, but I'm sure we could make something up! I tend to love medieval, steampunk, and pirate time eras but I may be willing to do modern if the plot is interesting. Although, I have never really role-played in pirate and steam punk era I really think it could be fun and really want to do a role-play somewhere in those times zones! I love action and drama, fight scenes and character struggles with selves or others. Also, I love magic, a lot of my ocs (Original Characters) tend to be magical in some way, weather they're a half breed with human, in some sort of curse, or have some sort of power. But, although I role-play with magic all the time I'd be willing to role-play with no magic if the stories interesting, and I can also see how struggles could be harder without magical characters, so it could be fun! I do not like to role-play in brand plots, like from movies or stories. I love creativity and the personalizing of making your own plots instead of limiting ourselves in the structure of a plot that is made from someone else and known by many. Like, Hunger Games or something. Please have one or more plot ideas ready before messaging me. ^u^

• Romance: I love cute adorable relationships between characters, but I don't always add it to my role-plays. I find romance a cute bonus in role-plays to build stronger bonds between characters or more exciting plots! Although, I've always played as the male and this time, I'd like to play the girl if we add romance into our role-plays! I'm up for MxM, FxF, or MxF whatever rocks your boat, although I do mostly lean towards MxF. I tend to love romance that grows throughout an adventure, slowly and adorably, dramatically or peacefully.

• Characters: Throughout reading other forums, I've noticed that people are asking for pre-descriptions on characters, or character pages or something? Now, I don't want you to throw your characters at me. If someone asked me to send them details on my characters before hand they'd be getting a novel. I have made a lot characters with my friend. I like to get to know characters slowly throughout the role-play. Like a book, books don't shove the character in your face like "BOOM! Love me!" Instead, they let you learn the character's looks and personalities throughout the story, letting you slowly get to know the character. I like that, its simple, fun, and in some ways drags out the role-play. Also, I do not like role-playing with band characters, like characters from books or movies. I like to be creative with making characters by your imagination. I love how personal making original characters are, instead of limiting ourselves into the structure of a character made by someone else and known by many. Like batman or someone.

• Style: My style of role-playing is quiet simple, and seems to be different from most. I haven't seen, experienced or tested out any other styles of role-playing. Although my style is quiet simple, it doesn't limit descriptions at all. But if you hit me in the face with a huge paragraph I'm going to be like "Whhaatt...?" Okay, here is my style, its kind of like writing a script for a movie or something.
    Character: text *actions* (thoughts)
    As you see, the character's name goes first, then their speech, then action if necessary, and then thoughts. You could also mix it up if you'd like.
    Character: *action* text (thought)"
    Not all three things have to be there all the time, depends on the reply.
    Character: text
    Character: text *actions*
    Character: (thought)
    I think you get what I mean.
    Also, some extra symbols to help!
    -Description of surroundings, or sounds all characters hear or something-
    ~Talking outside of role-play.~
    Symbols:
    ** = Action
    () = Thoughts
    -- = Descriptions or extra bits to topic
    ~~ = Talking outside of rp
    Example:
    Jack: Hello, m'lady. *gives a small proper bow* (Shes prettier than ever.)
    Catherina: Why hello Jack, it is nice seeing you here. *gently smiles* (Hes always fun to bump into.)
    -The ball room was a beautiful antique place, marbles wall and circular ceiling. Beautiful patterned tiles and red carpets near all doors leading into the ball room. Woman and men all around dressed properly in dresses and tuxes.-
    Jack: Would you like to get a drink? *extends his hand out allowing her to take it*
    Catherina: Sure! *smiles gently and takes his hand*
    Jack: *leads her to the buffet table*
    -Everyone hears a big, metallic clang come from out in the halls-
    Catherina: What was that?
    Jack: ....... Not sure. (I should investigate.)
    ~Oh by the way, this little scenario totally didn't take make forever to think about. xD ~
    This layout is quiet simple and easy to catch on! It doesn't limit you descriptive styled people and it doesn't puzzle you simple styled people. Although this is a very simple set up, you'll often see me making grammar mistakes, or mistakes in the layout, sometimes forgetting symbols or something. (Not that you haven't noticed grammar mistakes reading this whole forum, but I'm sorry. I'm horrible at grammar.) I've noticed some people are picky about making these small mistakes. So, I'm sorry if I do make the mistake, but when I do I often notice and correct myself right away. I'm also horrible with spelling, thank god for auto correct. Although I love my set up that I currently know I'd be willing to try and learn other styles, but of course, you'd have to be patient and let me learn. xP
  • Flaws: Yes, I have flaws, and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't mind brushing me up on theses flaws. Since I've only been role-play with my one friend for only about a year, and a few others that didn't last long, I've role-played in a fool around style to cure me or her's boredom, never serious, but I'd like to be serious with my role-plays! Me and my friend would often make too many characters with different backgrounds and problems that don't even match up to the original plot we first thought up of, ending up making a whole new different conflict, then not even fixing this problems or making a resolution. That is because by then we've made a different character with a new conflict and completely forgets to fix the other conflict. I tend to fool around a lot with my characters, since that is all I did with my friend. I'm protective over my characters so often I may do too many actions with too many other characters to save him or her, or unfair actions to make the fight simple with me winning or loosing or ignoring it, and I'd like to fix that. I've rarely finished conflicts or problems, I tend to stray off into other side quests or somethings, never sticking the to original plot. Also, since I've only role-played with guy characters I tend to often only make guy characters, making all the female characters over run by men. xD I really need to fix that Lolz.

Now, that is all that I can think of to mention in this thread thingy, If I'm missing any details, feel free to ask! I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes, this is honestly the longest I've ever written xD . I hope this is enough to understand what I want and who I am as a role-player! Also, I hope I'm not being too picky, or rude in some way. :/ Now, since I'm not allowed on the computer on the weekdays, since homework and studying is literally eating my life away, we'll have to use the new mobile chat thingy this website just made. Discord? :D That way I can role-play with you everyday 24/7 on my mobile device! But eh, we'll work that out in private messages.

Also, I'm looking for someone who literally doesn't have a life, like me. Role-play at most free time or whilst homework xD . Someone who is able to role-play a lot, and if not a lot at least often, how am I supposed to enjoy role-playing if the person isn't even on that much and we cant even grow the story? Also, I'm impatient and eager for responses, so sorry if I spam you, or be a bit annoying xD . Role-playing is like a drug to me, when I say I'm obsessed, I mean I'm OBSESSED xD . But hey, its fun :( you cant blame meh.

And, since you all are human, I hope you don't mind me wanting to get to know you a bit sometimes! I'm really just trying to find a new friend to role-play with and have fun with :3. Oh my god this took me 3 hours to type. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm not a guy but I am thinking of maybe like something to do with a cursed boy (AKA My character) like my boy was born into a family where a Egyptian curse was placed on them many years before turning him into a creature once every week or something like that.

AshleyBergie said:
Well I'm not a guy but I am thinking of maybe like something to do with a cursed boy (AKA My character) like my boy was born into a family where a Egyptian curse was placed on them many years before turning him into a creature once every week or something like that.
That is quiet alright x3 Your idea sounds interesting! I'm not so familiar with the Egyptian times though, not really a time I've ever role-played in, but intriguing none the less. :D

Hello

I may be interested into some roleplay with you, but I'm not sure about the chatting thing. Can we make private discussions on it?

I'm a male (not sure if it really change anything) but I'm like a beginner, I haven't done roleplay for years... But as you're not asking for long and elaborate paragraphs, I think I can do it :3

Seiden said:
Hello
I may be interested into some roleplay with you, but I'm not sure about the chatting thing. Can we make private discussions on it?

I'm a male (not sure if it really change anything) but I'm like a beginner, I haven't done role-play for years... But as you're not asking for long and elaborate paragraphs, I think I can do it :3
Oh! Well I hope we can help eachother get back into this fun activity! :D And, my style isn't really complicated at all. xD I msged you so we can discuss Discord. :3

I'd be interested in a pirate Rp. While I'm not male and can't be available 24/7, I'm on at least once pretty much daily.

Ness said:
I'd be interested in a pirate Rp. While I'm not male and can't be available 24/7, I'm on at least once pretty much daily.
Pirates :D Always such a fun topic. x3 I'd love to try and make a role-play with you, just pm me ^u^

Hey! I'm new to RP and was looking for someone to do some fantasy RP with, because I'm interested in trying. It would also be good so that I can get a feel for how RP works.

Ajsiets said:
Hey! I'm new to RP and was looking for someone to do some fantasy RP with, because I'm interested in trying. It would also be good so that I can get a feel for how RP works.
:D I'd love to help! Its a really fun activity! >u<

ChibiChobits said:
:D I'd love to help! Its a really fun activity! >u<
cool, I began RPing with another person yesterday, so now I've learned a little bit, but I can also RP with you too!

Ajsiets said:
cool, I began RPing with another person yesterday, so now I've learned a little bit, but I can also RP with you too!
I'm pretty sure a lot of people role-play with more then one person x3

Hey ChibiChobits!

I've actually been looking for a pirate RP, and I've got two basic plots, can I shoot them to you through PM?

Also, if we do RP, should I use my own style of writing, or the style you use?

Lotusy said:
Hey ChibiChobits!
I've actually been looking for a pirate RP, and I've got two basic plots, can I shoot them to you through PM?

Also, if we do RP, should I use my own style of writing, or the style you use?
I'm up to try your style if necessary, but forewarning, It'll take me a while to get used to. ^u^ And sure! Shoot till I cant be shot no more. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah,I'm interested.Your rp style is really easy for me because I've spent the past year rping with that style.I only changed when I joined this site a month ago,but I can easily switch styles.:3

Pm me sometime so that we can discuss a rp and chat.^^

JoshMackMurph said:
Woah,I'm interested.Your rp style is really easy for me because I've spent the past year rping with that style.I only changed when I joined this site a month ago,but I can easily switch styles.:3
Pm me sometime so that we can discuss a rp and chat.^^
Yay! fellow role-player style! :D

Heeey as soon as I read the words "pirate" and "medieval", I was so in loveee!

Please please, can we do an rp together?

Well I'll start off by saying that I'm available almost all the time. I am a guy but have played a female character or 2 in the past, though still prefer males. I haven't dkne much forum or chat RP, I have done most of mine through MMORPGs. All of those have been in a fantasy type setting. I am interested in midieval or possible pirate(never done that before, though I had a character once with a crush.. Oh nevermind).

My RP style is similar to yours so I think we would work well together.

Shoot me a PM with any ideas if you'd like. Hoping for something with Orcs(WoW styled) elves magic. You get the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back