Looking for a Dice Mentor | Help Setting Up A System

Sleipnir

The Eight-Legged Norse Horse
Hi there. 

I I have very limited experience with dice. @Hel and I have an idea for a game with think will work best with Dice, because we have used a system before and then no it'll be the best way to produce a sense of risk in any given scenario — the genre is Yet Another Zombie Apocalypse.  Yes, I know, ugh — groan. But we want to use dice on it because we think that it's a good way to make sure the characters actually stick to their talents and also make it to where we don't fall into the trap of finding a way to keep our characters alive no matter what — something anyone can be tempted to do. It would lend unpredictability to the game. Also, I'd just really like to learn how to really understand dice. In the future I want to be able to have more complex dice systems but we'd like to start small first. Anyone willing to lend a hand?

All Flesh Must Be Eaten.

It's a light and versatile system specifically for zombie apocalypse RPs, and is written for the benefit of beginners.  Using and/or modifying an existing RPG is far easier than trying to build your own - trust me, I've been doing it for years at this point and I wish someone had told me these things sooner.

If you otherwise want to learn how to use dice, your best bet is to join an RP that uses them.  I can teach you by doing, if you'd be interested.

Imma second the suggestion to use pre-existing systems if you're unfamiliar with dice. Good systems can take actual years to build, and there are a ton of varieties already out there that would suit any genre or level of complexity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back