• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Looking for 3rd or 4th partner for semi-lit RP!

MagicPocket

EMT Extraordinaire
@Zylvia and I have decided to go into business together, you know, writing a story and all that! Just short of putting an ad in the Sunday paper, we are looking for one to two other users, that's you, would like to join us on our epic quest. And, oh yes, it will be epic. The reason, you ask? Well, there doesn't quite seem to be much middle ground, mass roleplays, with at least a dozen different players, and 1x1. But really, we would like a small intimate group of committed, intelligent individuals. What does this mean? Well, in a nutshell...

Committed:

• Willing to stick around for the long haul
  • Decently active (post a couple times a week, let us know you're here and following along!)
  • Collaborative (you aren't here to ride the rollercoaster, we want you to help design the twists and turns!)

Intelligent:

• Understand the basic rules, you should understand them so....(but if you insist, ex. godmodding, bunnying, overly oppressive characters, etc)
  • I shouldn't have to explain myself for this one, so please have decent language/writing skills.
  • Be able to write more than one sizable paragraph. We all know this; however, nothing is more offensive than to reply to a novella with a one-liner. Not to say that writing a novella is required but you will most likely get them from me from time to time.
  • Maturity. Roleplay might likely involve adult concepts. I like to keep things realistic.
  • Original characters. We are all about characters here, a well-rounded character with some depth is what we are looking for. A lot of what will happen in the roleplay is aimed at developing characters.

As for the story?

Well, it is under construction. We will be recycling our characters in a kind of spin-off that requires little backstory for now. This may change as we decide, you can help be apart of this process too, but allow me to provide some clarification.

It will take place in the near-yet-distant future, little more than seven hundred years from today on Earth. Life is being rehabilitated back into the planet Earth. After plague and natural disaster ravaged civilization, humans have made their come back stronger than ever. Entire cities have been rebuilt, sustainability is of the most virtue. (We haven't decided how Earth has been divided and unified yet.) As the population shows rise once again, mankind is beginning to examine their options. This might revolve around space exploration, exploration of earth that has become increasingly uncivilized, forests growing back in etc leading to new life, or it could be a secret mission only to realize they are mere pawns in a conspiracy. More info soon!

Update! (12/26)

We've communicated quite a bit as a group so here's what we have. Mostly copy and pasted from things I wrote from the convo.

Senario 1:

They all have enrolled in their nation's solar navy and undergo rigorous trials and are ultimately selected as candidates for an elite squad. During their trials they are put on missions together, often each more dangerous than the last. This is where they discover a conspiracy or something TBD.

Senario 2:*

After graduating from whatever high-school-like education, at around age 18, our characters have all enrolled in their nation's solar navy, after receiving proper training and such they are told they are being put on a mission unlike any other that had been attempted in history. They are told their squad will be put on a space shuttle and sent into deep space. Hundreds of years ago it would have taken them more than ten years to leave the Sun's Solar System, but with the advancement it would take them one year. In two years they would reach the next nearest solar system. Their mission is to explore the other planets. Every two-three years they travel to a new solar system. They spend most time in cryogenic sleep but wake every few months to do whatever I guess, but usually not since it uses up resources. Images are projected into their heads while in the comma-like slumber, called Dreamscape, so that they gather various forms of information and training. (all that would mostly be a time skip)

*We've decided to go with this one

Flashbacks? I mentioned it a bit in a convo with Zylvia. In a rp I GMed we did these flashbacks in addition to the current storyline. What if during the cyro sleep as a part to keep their minds agile they collectively "relive" memories almost in a hive mind state. They could use it in other ways as means of communicating without waking. That way between their adventures in space, we can still play out scenario 1 missions. And maybe after "reliving" these memories and things they learn along the way they discover reoccurring themes that will lead them to developing a conspiracy.

Speaking of characters, would anyone be willing to take one maybe one or two peripheral characters? I will be making one or two additional characters myself. By peripheral, i mean that these people could also be valuable members of the crew but not necessarily required it interact with the main characters. These could fill the empty positions on the ship.

Ship Positions:

•Captain

•Lieutenant

•Helmsman

•Tactical officer

•Security officer

•Science officer*

•Medical chief*

•Head engineer*

•Counselor/recorder

•Fighter pilot x3

*those who may have assigned ensigns or one or multiple personnel under them.

Crew members can have multiple roles, ex. Captain will also be an engineer in spare time but could not be a fighter pilot because it requires him to leave the ship, or roles that may not always be active can take up a secondary.

Also, quite a few, but not all, of the peripheral character will need to be cyborgs or androids to reduce resource consumption and for added plot and character development down the road. (We'd still like to keep some things a surprise
;) )

The new human race is not endangered however it is steadily growing back to its former mass. I'd say that population density is probably similar to the 1800s, but experts know that without control population could double in the next few hundred years. Their space mission is the first but not the last. They will find out that more ships were sent out similar to theirs over the years following all in different directions into the galaxy, perhaps they could run into another group many years down the road. So this whole project is proactive at the moment, but it very well be vital to mankind's survival.

Cyborgs

Mechanically modified/enhanced human beings. There has always been some form of cyborgs, mechanical and electrical prosthetic arms, legs, etc. Technology that has increasingly become more advanced it has been taken to an all new level primarily in the last one hundred years. Enhancement doesn't quite seem to describe the movement as more began involved often replacing flesh and bone limbs for merely the sake of extending capabilities. There is an intense disapproval toward those transplant machinery into their body for recreation use with is often associated with illegal activities and underground fighting rings. A heavy generations-long prejudice lays against cyborgs and often seen as untrustworthy, primitive, irrationally dangerous, and criminalistic. The line between the need for mechanical enhancement and the unjustified want for such has become blurred and askew. Though this has bettered slightly over the years, trusted individuals with cyber enhancements such as celebrities and public heroes and a just a handful of government officials. But public opinion still falls slanted. Many cyborgs will keep their business to themselves therefore the numbers are often incorrect. There are many more cyborgs than anyone really realizes including those who serve the nation's military.

Androids

Are human created robots with artificially crafted intelligence and personalities. They for the most part service and cater to humans performing monotonous chores or maintenance. Especially on voyages such as the one our crew will be on, they are especially important as they keep the ship in running condition while crew members are in cryo-sleep.

Typical expectations include being utterly humorless and unable to identify sarcasm. They show the ability to be able to make logical decisions or make observations.

Many dispute the use of androids. Out of civil rights, that because they exhibit living-organism-like traits and the ability to think that it is unfair to use them like slaves.

Others feel that they should not be used because they can think for themselves and fear they cannot completely be controlled, are unstable and/or might strike out against their human creators.

But they cannot be so easily lumped together as there are two classes of Android intelligence. Superior and inferior. As suggested, Superior class androids are capable of nimble thought, often able to hold a conversation and understand such gravity of words. In wealthier homes, Superiors are able to tutor children, chauffeur, and maintenance themselves an other androids, etc. Inferiors can only follow command sand are subject to the menial work and repair.

If you are interested, please shoot me a PM!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back