• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for 1x1 RPs (Still Looking ^_^)

Nightecho

Hey everyone! I'm just coming back from an RPing hiatus and rediscovred this site, so I'm looking to get back into RPing. Anyway, I have a ton of general ideas and preferences, but first I'm going to list my RP rules. I know it may seem like a lot, but please read them so that there are no disputes over this later. Thanks ^_^

1. I generally RP with people who are at least semi-literae. I'm not a grammar nazi, and I understand that people do make mistakes. Heck, I make plenty myself. But if you tlk lyk dis, then we will have problems. If English is not your first language, please tell me. I prefer to know. Also, if English is not your first language I will be a LOT more understanding of mistakes. However, text speak is not acceptable. Ever.

2. DO NOT take over my characters. This one should be a given, and yet I have had RP partners in the past that have decided to tell me what my character is doing. That is not okay, and I WILL drop the RP if you do this. If there is something you think my character should do, tell me. I will listen to your ideas and generally even follow them if I think it suits my character. But don't just take over all the characters. After all, then it would be writing fiction, not RPing. There's a difference.

3. No one-liners. Now, this one is generally more lenient than others. For example, if our characters are in the middle of a conversation and you have to wait for a response before continuing, that's one thing. On the other hand, if I write a five paragraph post and get one sentence in response... Yeah, that's not really okay with me. I would appreciate it if my partners at least tried to put in as much effort as I do. That's not saying that you have to match post length- just that you put some thought into your responses.

4. IF YOU ARE NOT LIKING THE RP, TELL ME! This one is a biggy. If you have a problem with the way the RP is going, or don't like something I did, or even are just getting bored with it, please let me know. If it's something I did, we can probably work something out. If you're just tired of the RP or me in general, then at least I know why you're quitting and we can part on amiable terms. I do nt take kindly to someone just dropping an RP without a word about it. Especially if I can see that you're still on the site...

5. I prefer partners who post relatively frequently. This isn't to say that I expect you to post twenty times a day. I generally prefer partners to post at least every other day, but I understand that this isn't always possible. However, I do have two requests. First, if you think it will take longer in general to post long-term, let me know that you will probably be posting relatively infrequently. Second, if you need to take an extended break from the RP for any reason (busy, family emergency, not feeling inspired, etc.), TELL ME! If I go more than a week without you responding to an RP when I was not warned of this ahead of time, I will assume you are finished with the RP, plain and simple.

6. No one is perfect. So your characters shouldn't be either. They should have character flaws and bad habits and weaknesses. Mine certainly will. In fact, some will be pretty unlikeable in general. And you're more than welcome to hate my characters as people. Oh, and you have been warned- all of my characters have tragic backstories. That's the way I do things. RPs aren't fun without a lot of angst, so there will be a lot in my RPs. A lot. I don't really do happiness and smiles and everything going well. So be prepared for that. Oh, and one more thing. In order to prove you read my rules, if you request to RP with me, please tell me one thing you think RPs need to have in order to be fun.

So, now that all of that is out of the way, I think it's time for my RP ideas. Most of these may seem pretty vague, and I'm more than aware of that. As a general rule I don't come up with concrete plans before I find a partner. I would prefer to fit the plot to both of our styles. In addition to that, please note that this is not a comprehensive list. I am very flexible when it comes to RPing- I will RP just about anything. So if there is anything you want to try that isn't on this list, feel free to suggest it. I will probably be fine with your idea. Also, if goes wthout saying that some of these can be mixed. For example, a fantasy RP with romance it it, etc. Don't feel bound to just one option. Anyway, these are my ideas:

-Percy Jackson and the Olympians type RP. This is one of my favorite series of books, and I love doing RPs based on this. Please note, however, that as a general rule I do not use cannon characters.

-Ranger's Apprentice. Yet another book series that I love. This one isn't as well known as the Percy Jackson series, which is a shame, considering how good they are. If anyone out there has read them, however, I would love to RP this with you. Like, seriously. I've needed a good Ranger's Apprentice RP for a long time, but no one I know that RPs has read the series... We would probably use OCs rather than canon characters. I love Will and Halt and all, but they just aren't mine. It just doesn't work like that for me.

-Lord of the Rings *styled* RP. More the movie style than the books, since I haven't actually read the books (I know, shame on me...) This isn't saying that I want to RP the actual story line, or necessarily in the exact same world. Just a similar style world, races, etc.

-Throne of Glass series. I LOVE this series too. Literally stayed up reading the new book until 4 in the morning when I finally got my hands on it. So if anyone has read it and wants to do an RP based on it, I would be very happy. Also, I prefer OCs to canon characters, although I can do either.

-Fantasy. I love fantasy. Anything with fantasy is amazing. I RP just about every genre out there, but this has got to be my specialty. So ask away on this one- I'm probably up for it.

-Historical time periods. Especially the medieval era. I much prefer older settings to modern ones.

-Romance. Most of my RPs have some type of romance in them. However, I don't really like doing the whole "insta-love", love-at-first-sight stuff. I much prefer to let the romance develop naturally.

So, that's what I have so far. I will update it if I come up with anything new. Until then, post here or pm me if you're interested ^_^

There's an old RP of mine that's fantasy. I would love to dig it up just for you!

I absolutely agree with all the rules you've posted! I adore long post Roleplays and I reply to roleplay at least once a day (though it could be up to 20-30 replies depending on my schedule). I love fantasy roleplays with a modern twist to them and I'm all for pairings before the RP begins, if that's something you're into.

Let me know if you'd be interested in RPing with me! I'd love to be able to get back into it again! :D

Hello there!

I haven't read Percy Jackson in a while but it would be interesting to roleplay it again, but I would love to do a Fantasy or Historical roleplay with you. Or both in two different roleplays.

Oh look, a new post as soon as I respond to the previous one xD

@Wastes Storyteller- Hi! Both of those ideas sound wonderful. However, just like with some previous posters, I'd like to confirm that you read my rules before we get into serious discussion, if that's alright.

Nightecho said:
@SleeplessKnights- I would love to do an RP with you. Feel free to pm me about it.
@Cinnabunny- I'd like to RP with you too. Did you read my rules, though? I want to make sure everyone reads them before I RP with them. Thanks ^_^
I read them, and they're the same general ones I use! Would you mind messaging me though? I haven't quite hit the 24 hour mark yet!

@SleeplessKnights- Ah, I didn't realize that. Sorry. I guess I'll pm you first then, since you can respond if someone else sends you a pm even when you're new. You just can't start one on your own.

@Aku- Sure. Why don't you pm me with your ideas and we can talk about it?

One thing that roleplays need to have in order to have fun? Hm, I guess that is a bit harder to define per say. Although if I look back at roleplays I haven't enjoyed before, I guess it would be perhaps freedom to a degree and perhaps build up..ideas or ideals are likely necessary but I wouldn't say it would be the 'fun' element per say..

Nightecho said:
@Thane Korino- Alright. Did you want to do an RP?
Yes I am, kind of casting my net out searching for some roleplays to go along with. I guess it would be best to focus around fantasy as well, as I tend to go with those ones as well if only for a time or a fantasy in different periods, modern, Victorian and of course medieval

*Surreptitiously bumps thread back to the first page...*

Still looking, people! The more RPs the merrier xD

When you say medieval, do you think Ancient Egyptian times or more Western civilizations? Going off of that, would you be alright with an Ancient Greek RP with a bit of fantasy involving the gods tossed in?

@FloatingAroundSpace- Medieval, as a general term, refers to a period of history in European society. However, I love just about any ancient time period too, so we're all good there. And yes, I would love to do an RP in ancient Greece. The classical era is fun too. If you pm me maybe we can work something out ^_^

Are you still open? I too am looking for a partner, and I love how open you are! Your critia fits me, however I can't promise that i'll respond often (sometimes I respond too often, sometimes I disappear for 2 weeks but i'll tell you if I do :P ), especially if i'm uninspired in the rp at the moment (yes, I will probably be posting in easier rp's because I can't think of how to perform in this one. That doesn't happen often and I have spurts where I reply as soon as you do despite how long it is xD )

But, if you wouldn't mind, before we close any deals I was wondering if we could have a test rp first because I want to see if my rping suites/flows with yours! I know it's a weird request!! I have idea's too, and I don't know. It just feels like a good idea to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sound great to me! I don't at all mind the idea of a test RP. Sounds kind of fun. Why don't you pm me and we can discuss details?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back