• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Looking for 1x1 partners

Barca-Marcus

Barca-Blue
Evenin everyone~!
I've been lurking about the site for a little while, and have decided to hop into it and search for someone to rp with!

a little about me~
I am a long term, semi to advanced literate roleplayer, with a very fair bit of experience. I enjoy long term story/character oriented roleplays, and generally will always be cooking something up~!

The rp I have in mind~

The “Lesser Dying", a fitting name for those years between 2060 and 2080. What lead us to this new beginning, what drove us to that old end? These are simply my ramblings and findings compiled over this last month. I had found an intact data library in some ruins that completed these ideas. Mix that with the rolling Blizzard that has kept me hidden away in those same ruins for a day or two, and here we are.

It was headed by a large number of giant storms and natural disasters, something everyone had been expecting, so the old data logs say anyway. A massive, joint effort was formed to study and prepare for these disasters, and with all our minds together, as a species, we survived. We, as humans always do, adapted to nature, and began to control one of the last powers that have eluded us. Weather, in the early 2060’s became a resource. A dial if you will, that each country controlled at will. They would argue, in great halls full of their political leaders, as to what weather should strike where and when. Hard to believe, even with all the data I have on the matter…so very hard to believe that nature was tamed, once. The aptly named “Weather Towers” were built in every major populated area in the world, a then modern staple.

But, as humans always do, once it was controlled, tested, this technology of wrangling the winds, was soon turned against Its creators. The same force that came up with this mythical technology, also found other uses for it. Within weeks of that discovery, the team split back up, retreated to their parent nations, and began study on a new super weapon. Within a year, everyone had the technology and ability to not only control normal weather, but cause disastrous weather, the very type that this technology was made to avoid. Suddenly, the world was filled with tension, each country stood to gain mounds of territory, of power and wealth. The world stood at an uneasy peace for not one year. Before the Great War started.
With this new technology, those playing god began attacking one another. The data logs are vastly unclear about the initial date, attacker, targets, etc, for it seems even data banks are not infallible when politics and war are involved. But what is certain is that it lasted for ten years, each year the weather of the world raged, and by the end of it, no one was left standing. The war came to a close, with no clear winner, no clear losers, just death. The body count, the battles, the actions taken, all still lost, and without a known data log source. But what was apparent, was the destruction and destabilization of most, if not all nations of the world. The only surviving bits of humanity where those few towns and cities so disconnected from the then known world, that they had escaped the ever growing reaches of those unnatural natural disasters, and those in space, away from the conflict entirely.

For the next ten years, it seemed nature had taken its recourse against what little humanity was left. Spontaneous works of nature, likely preset attack patterns from a still standing weather tower. Blizzards spanning countries, droughts fizzling the oceans down to puddles, and hemisphere sized thunder storms to fill them back up once more. Nature exacted her revenge, but after a terrible ten years, it slowed. By no means had the weather become stable again, it likely never will. But it allowed us to once again walk the earth, and steadily, cautiously rebuild once more. To grow, to adapt, and to, as humans always do, remake those same mistakes made, all those years ago.

this is a simple post apocalyptic roleplay, that could go anywhere. More of stage setting than a story setting. I do have a story in mind, but I'd rather see what you'd come up with. Go as deep or shallow as you like~!

Slightly like The 100? Love to talk plot ideas with you!!

I am very interested. That about covers it. If you are still looking please message me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back