• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Long Way Down (Harry Potter RP)

Alex Summers

B99795B2-1B67-40F9-B555-5E810F30FD09.png

It was a new year at Hogwarts once more. It was the first of September, 1991 and young Alex Summers couldn’t wait. The boy had received his acceptance letter to Hogwarts in July shortly after his 11th birthday. In August, he went with his family to Diagon Alley to get fitted for his robes and to retrieve the school supplies and books he’d need for his first year. And of course, he had gone to Ollivander’s to get his very own wand- a 10 inch maple wood wand with a unicorn hair core. Alex wasn’t always a boy. All his life, he hadn’t felt quite comfortable in his birth sex of female. After hormonal treatments and whatnot, Alex was able to become a male- his true gender. His voice was a bot high pitched but the hormones helped lower it to sound more on par with an 11 year old boy rather than an 11 year old girl. Magic too helped Alex look more masculine. The glory of his name Alex was that it was unisex, so he had no problem officially changing it from Alex to Alexander. But the boy would still go by Alex.

Today, Alex was going to Hogwarts for the very first time and he could not be more excited. The pure blooded young wizard boy had grown up in a house hold of two former Gryffindor wizards. He was an only child so he got all the attention from his parents. They could not be prouder of their little boy for getting into Hogwarts just like them. They always knew he had magical blood in him from a very young age, it was only destiny that Alexander would be invited to attend Hogwarts. The Summers family eventually arrived at King’s Cross Station and transported themselves to the wizarding world after going through the brick wall. They then found themselves on Platform 9 3/4, Alex for the very first time.

The platform was bustling about with many young witches and wizards getting ready for the new school year and semester at Hogwarts. As for Alex, he wore a smile, looking down at his black unmarked Hogwarts robes (unmarked and blank since he was a first year who had not yet been sorted into a house yet). He adjusted his gray tie and took a deep breathe in through his nose as he looked around.
“Ready for Hogwarts Al?” asked his mother, Jessica Summers. Alex nodded silently with a cute little smile that made his mother and father grin. “We know you’ll do great, Alexander. Just be yourself and everyone will love you,” said his father, David Summers. “I’ll be fine mum and dad, just you watch,” he replied confidently with a grin.

“And before you know it, I’ll be Gryffindor’s next star seeker!” Alex said boldly. It was his dream to play Quidditch and make the Gryffindor team. “Alex, you know first years can’t make the team. Or err- at least it’s very rare. Only a few have done it,” his father said. “You know I only made the team my third year,” said the former Gryffindor seeker. “Yea I know dad…” said Alex, frowning a bit, but it didn’t last long as a smile soon reappeared. “But I’m gonna one up you! I’ll be the first ever first year to make the team!” Alex asserted. “Well not the first bud, but one of the few, son,” chuckled David. “Whatever,” giggled Alex, “You know what I mean.” he said.

Soon, the steam engine train to Hogwarts arrived at the station with a great big huff of white smoke coming from a long plume. The train sounded its horn loudly to signal its arrival, and that cued all of the witches and wizards on the platform to start saying goodbye to their families and hello to their old friends.
“Well, I guess this is goodbye,” said Alex with a sheepish and much less confident smile and a shrug. “Farewell mum. Bye bye dad,” said Alex as he quickly gave them both a hug. “You’ll make us proud son! We love you very much! Even if you aren’t sorted into Gryffindor we will still love you just the same! You’re our only son and we love you so much Alexander!” his mother said to him as he left, causing Alex to smile as his heart strings were certainly tugged.

He then took his luggage behind him and headed onto the train. Once on the train, he carefully looked around for a free compartment. He soon found an empty one, settling down his luggage and sitting, sighing as he rested his head against the window and looked out onto the platform. He saw many witches and wizards, many children saying goodbye to their families. Some wore robes with clear marks of houses on them while others, the more younger looking witches and wizards, wore unmarked Hogwarts robes. Alexander wondered if he’d be sorted into Gryffindor like his mom and dad and hoped for it more than anything.

Of course, he also hoped he’d be good enough to show everyone he deserved to be on the Quidditch team in his first year. Alex adjusted his dark brown hair and sighed, twiddling his fingers as he thought of all of the adventures he would have during his seven years at the Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Ronald Weasley

ron weasley GIF

Ron Weasley couldn’t wait to go to Hogwarts. His five older brothers either had went to Hogwarts or were currently attending. Now Ron, the second to last of the red haired Weasley children was set to attend the magical academy. He was ecstatic once he had received his letter to Hogwarts over this summer. Percy was in his fifth year, and the twins Fred and George their third year. Now Ronald was starting his very first.

The Weasley’s soon found themselves on Platform 9 and 3/4 on September 1st, ready to send their youngest son off to Hogwarts for the very first time. 11 year old Ron remained silent as Fred and George talked back and forth, laughing about something. Percy remained quiet and stoic. His father and mother, Arthur and Molly Weasley, wore excited smiles as they waited for the train to arrive.

Eventually, the iconic train to Hogwarts pulled into the station and arrived, ready to take a both returning and new fresh batch of young witches and wizards off to the greatest magical academy in the world (at least by anyone from the United Kingdom’s standards). Ronald said goodbye to his brothers and parents and opted to get onto the train alone. His brothers quickly left, not wanting to be stuck with their baby bro, so Ron was going to be alone whether he liked it or not.

Ron sighed as he flicked a strand of red hair out of his face and headed towards the locomotive with his luggage. He wondered where he’d sit with and if he would be sitting with anyone. Would he make his first friend here? Or would he be doomed to be a loner for all 7 years at Hogwarts?

Calypso Doren
Calypso Doren.jpg

The bustling platform made Calypso Doren just the slightest bit nervous. Seeing all the older witches and wizards, and everyone else that looked familiar with the place, made him feel intimidated. Calypso was worried he hadn't achieved getting everything needed on the list for Hogwarts. Had been left at Diagon Alley to get everything on his own by his father, since losing his mother just a few months earlier had hit them both hard. His father seemed to be heading down a spiral, losing himself slowly. Though Cal hoped that eventually, his father would be able to at least get a bit better.

Calypso had been struggling a bit himself, besides losing his mom, he felt like he was trapped in a body that wasn't his. Thankfully, he was able to get ahold of a binder and was allowed to go on some hormone blockers and treatments. He was thankful to have a family who had accepted him.

His father followed Cal through the 9 3/4 platform to wish him goodbye. "Remember, behave well and have fun...alright So-So?" His father slightly bent down to get face to face with him. "i got it dad, and i think I've got everything! Im gonna miss you..." Calypso mumbled the last of his sentence while taking a step closer to his dad and giving him a soft goodbye hug. He rushed off with all of his luggage and walked onto the train. Even though he followed most of the rules about what to bring Cal brought a secret pet with him. It was a grey and red ferret named Saber.

Anyways, he walked up and down the isle, trying to find a compartment to sit in. Most seemed full or the people inside looked rather mean. Eventually, he found a compartment where it seemed only two people were sitting. "Hey! Would it be alright if i sat with you guys? Everywhere else is full.." Calypso chuckled, looking at the red head and the boy that sat across from him.

Harry Potter
youngharry.jpg

Harry Potter stood on Platform 9¾, a bustling scene filled with students, parents, and owls. He clutched his trunk and Hedwig's cage tightly, a mix of excitement and nerves filling his stomach. Hagrid had been a kind soul to bring Harry to Diagon Alley and retrieve his items for the upcoming school year. But now the young boy was filled with nerves.

He had been skeptical when having to run through platforms 9 and 10, but that fear faded for just a moment when it worked and he took in the sight. Harry could have never imagined anything like this. Up until a month or so he had no idea the wizarding world even existed, thanks to his terrible aunt and uncle.

The young boy made his way onto the train, and if luck would happen he found an empty compartment. Thoughts of random people asking to sit with him raced through his mind, just as he was looking out the window and imagining scenarios, a freckled boy with red hair asked to sit with him. Nervously, Harry agreed with a soft smile.

Perhaps a minute later another boy approached, "Hey! Would it be alright if i sat with you guys? Everywhere else is full.." he asked. After both agreed he walked in, throwing his luggage carefully above them, and sitting down next to the red-haired boy. Who else might join them now?

Alex Summers

Alex sat and waited for a few minutes as he began to feel lonely. No one was coming in to sit with him so he decided he’d get up and find a different compartment to sit in. He decided to take the simple option and go to the room right across from his. The boy nervously poked his head through and cleared his throat awkwardly. “Ahem, erm… mind if I sit with you guys?” he asked timidly. “All of the other compartments are full…” he lied with a crestfallen expression on his face. He didn’t necessarily want to admit that he was so lonely he decided to find himself another place to sit.

Inside the compartment already was a boy with glasses and dark hair, one with stunning red hair, and another with wavy light brown colored hair. Alexander raised his eyebrows as he looked around at the three boys. He gulped, feeling his stomach leap as he waited for a reply. Were these boys already friends? Would they say no to letting him into their group?

Ron Weasley

Ron boarded the train and picked the first compartment he saw. Inside was a bit with dark hair and glasses. Ron had asked if he could sit with the boy and luckily, the boy obliged. Ron smiled gratefully and thanked him as he put down his luggage. Soon, another boy peaked his head in and asked to sit. He had wavy light hair and his appearance struck Ron. He was certainly good looking- cute even. But Ron tried to shove those thoughts out of his head as he nodded and put on a friendly grin.

“Sure, why not?” Ronald replied with a shrug, trying to play it cool as he looked at the boy in front of him with the glasses. He didn’t know either of these boys’ names yet. Then suddenly, yet another boy peaked their head in and asked to sit. Ron raised his eyebrows as he stared back at the new boy, a boy with dark brown hair and a youthful face. Ron shifted in his seat uneasily, “Erm, I mean, we are getting quite full in here…” replied Ron. He noticed as the boy widened his eyes at his response.

Calypso Doren

Calypso was glad to sit with others that seemed friendly. After sitting down he looked back and forth between the two others. His eyes kept on staying at the boy with red hair the longest, in Cal's opinion the boy next to him was rather cute but it wasn't like he would right out say it. Though when someone else peeked his head inside the compartment, he was even more thrilled perhaps more friends.

"I think it should be fine. It is getting a little full, but it does look like there is at least room for one person?" Calypso tried to convince the other two, almost with pleading eyes. Harry seemed rather fine with it and gladly invited the boy with dark brown hair inside. "Also I don't think any of us said our names, I'm Calypso Doren" Cal introduced himself with a soft smile.

Harry Potter

The glasses-wearing boy seemed quick to invite this new dark brown-haired boy into the compartment. Maybe he was enchanted by his way to see rather confident or his oddly captivated dark brown eyes. Anyways, Harry was pretty glad to have a small group with him, maybe these people would be his friends throughout his seven years at Hogwarts.

He was glad Calypso was the first person to speak up and introduce himself, "its nice to meet you! I'm Harry Potter." He seemed happy to introduce himself, but soon he became uneasy when the compartment became quiet and shocked faces were in front of him. "Are you really? That's so cool!" Calypso excitedly said.

Alex Summers

Alex widened his eyes and gulped nervously as the red-headed boy seemed unwelcoming, stating that there were too many people in this one compartment on the train. He couldn’t help but frown at first, but he then was encouraged by one of the boys pointing out that there was enough room to fit one more. Alex smiled eagerly as he looked to the red haired boy, who originally looked unconvinced but soon stared at Cal’s pleading eyes and was suddenly convinced.

“Thanks for that mate! Appreciate it guys!” Alex said as he sat down next to Harry. The first boy introduced themselves as Calypso Doren but the second one’s name stunned everyone in the train compartment. It was The Boy Who Lived, THE Harry Potter. Everyone sat in a stunned silence for a little while before Alexander spoke up first. “Harry Potter? Well nice to meet you, I’m Alex Summers. Nice to meet you too Calypso, that’s a cool name,” he said. He then turned to the read head.

Ronald Weasley

Ron snorted quietly as the pretty boy in next to him said that there’d be room to fit one more. But then he turned to Cal and widened his eyes as the boy made an adorable pleading face with him and Harry. Ron couldn’t deny that cute face, it made him blush ever so slightly. He knew deep down he was gay but hadn’t come out yet to anyone. He just nodded his head quickly, seeing that the cute boy wanted to allow another one in to sit.

The pretty boy then introduced himself as Calypso Doren. Wow, that was a beautiful name, Ron thought to himself. The boy with the glasses then introduced himself, causing everyone to widen their eyes- shocked. Ron was stunned.
“Harry Potter?! For real? The Boy Who Lived?! Wow! You’re bloody famous mate!” Ronald said. “And I’m Ron. Ronald Weasley.” he introduced himself with a smile.

Calypso Doren

Calypso was glad to know everyone's name now, it made everything feel much more comforting and welcoming. "It's really wonderful to meet all of you! You all have cool names," Cal pulled his legs up to sit criss-cross in his seat. Everything in his moment felt exciting, he hoped that they could call stay close throughout their years at Hogwarts. However it felt a little strange to have THE boy who lived in the same compartment as him, he had read many pieces about him and, of course, heard rumors from the families around him.

"Are you mates excited for your first years? What houses do you hope to be in? I'd honestly be fine in whatever, but I hope to be in Hufflepuff the most. My mom was in Hufflepuff, and I really want to be just like her." Calypso explained, maybe rambling more than he should. He looked back and forth from everyone in the cart, making his own assumption about what houses they could all be in. To him most if not all of them could fit into Gryffindor, maybe even Hufflepuff too.

Harry Potter

Harry was a bit on edge about the reaction from the others near him. It did feel nice to hear a distracting question from Calypso. He wasn't actually sure which house he wanted to be in, all he knew was that he feared behind placed in Slytherin, the same house as You-Know-Who. He attempted to think of the other houses he heard briefly about. The question seemed hard to answer for himself, would he fit in Gryffindor? Ravenclaw? Hufflepuff? How he even fit into any of them? He stayed quiet for a moment.

He never answered Calypso's question since a lady pushing around a cart full of candy pulled up to their door, peaking inside with a soft smile. "Would any of you kids like some sweets?" She asked. Harry eyed all the candy inside the cart, pushing his hand into his pocket and feeling the coins inside that he got earlier from Gringotts. "Uhm, we'll take the whole lot," Harry said, pulling out a handful of Galleons that got him a few wide-eyed stares.

Alex Summers

Cool names? Did he really have a cool name? “Alexander Summers?” He’d never thought it was cool but the thought made him smile ever so slightly at Calypso’s words. Alex nodded and grinned as Cal asked if everyone was excited for Hogwarts. He sure was! He couldn’t wait to be sorted! But he didn’t know where he’d want to be sorted.

“Oh that’s cool. I’m sure you’ll be sorted into Hufflepuff just like her, Calypso,” said Alex with a sweet smile. “I personally don’t know where I wanna end up,” shrugged Alexander. He was a bit surprised to be in the same compartment as the boy who lived, a boy he had heard many rumors about. But still, to him, he was going to treat Harry just the same- like a good kid, not some kind of celebrity. He felt Harry deserved his respect.

As the trolley came along, Alex looked at the lady with the cart. He then looked at Harry as he pulled out his money and requested a lot, staring at him with wide eyes. “Oh, wow Harry,” said Alexander, “That’s very kind of you. Uhh I’ll have some chocolate frogs please?” Alex asked the lady with the food cart politely.

Ronald Weasley

Ron looked over at Calypso as the boy began to speak. He couldn’t help but find himself getting lost in the boy’s pretty green eyes. Wow, he thought, this kid looked stunning. As Calypso stated he hoped for Hufflepuff, a sudden craving to be sorted into Hufflepuff hit Ron as he wanted nothing more than to be in the same house with Cal for some burning reason.

After Alex said he didn’t know what house he’d want to be sorted into, Ron couldn’t help but answer Cal’s question awkwardly but quickly.
“Hufflepuff!” Ron blurted out rather loudly, blushing ever so slightly. Luckily the lady with the food cart had come to relieve the awkward tension of the moment as Harry pulled out many coins to pay for all of their snacks.

Calypso Doren

Calypso's eyes widened when he realized he could get anything from the cart thanks to Harry. He wasn't sure what to get, in all honesty, he was never a fan of sweets but sometimes they could be nice. "Can I get a thing of Bertie Bott's? I love those things." Cal hummed. Once he got the candy, he thanked Harry and immediately grabbed a jelly bean. Thankfully, it wasn't a flavor that made you want to throw up as soon as it made contact with your tongue. Cal looked over at Ron and held the box towards him, silently asking if he wanted one.

There was still a small thing on his mind, why did Ron seem so awkward and nervous to answer his question earlier? He didn't want to question Ronald about it in case he made anything too awkward, Cal found it a bit cute how quickly he answered the question, and his pretty red hair added to it. As Cal realized what he was thinking he tried to shake it out of his head as a slight blush rose to his cheeks.

Harry Potter

"Get whatever you want! I don't mind mates," Harry said, mostly answering Alex when he asked for some chocolate frogs. He felt pleased that Alex was treating him just like anyone else. Since being in the wizarding world it felt like everyone he came across, and knew he was the Harry Potter, treated him like some sort of celebrity or like he wasn't a real person. Harry felt something a bit special about Alex, maybe he was just excited to have an actual friend in this world but he want sure.

Their compartment was now full of candy, being rich seemed to pay off huh. He was opening boxes and bags of candy while shoving the sweets in his mouth. He then noticed something a bit odd, "Ron, is that a rat?" Harry asked after seeing a rat peak its head out from Ronald's coat pocket.

Alex Summers

Alexander felt his stomach growl as the sudden sensation of hunger filled his gut. He smiled as Harry said he could get anything he wanted and that he’d pay for it. The gesture was very much appreciated and Alex gave a grateful smile to Harry. “Wow! Thanks Harry! That’s real nice of you mate!” he said happily as he picked out some chocolate frogs which Potter would pay for. His heart seemed to flutter at the gesture. Was it because of Harry’s generosity or something else about the boy…?

Alex didn’t know if it were the magical chocolate frogs having their last bounces around in his tummy before digestion but he felt his stomach churn when he looked at Harry Potter. To him, Harry Potter was just any other kid and deserved to be treated as such. He wasn’t meant to be talked about in whispers and admired as a celebrity but admired for his personality. And Alex thought he saw something in Harry- that this boy was special not because of what he had done to Lord Voldemort, but because he was a kind and caring individual. Alex hoped he’d be friends with Harry Potter for all of their seven years at Hogwarts and beyond.

Ronald Weasley

Ron raised his eyebrows and looked a bit surprised as the Harry Potter boy offered to pay for their snacks from the trolley. “Oh boy, thanks for that! Famous but generous, eh?” chuckled Ron, bringing up Harry’s fame once again, not knowing if it made him uncomfortable or not. Alex certainly seemed like the only boy who couldn’t give a damn about Harry’s fame and who treated him like just your any other average kid. Ron looked as Cal ordered a box of Bertie Botts and watched as luckily for Calypso, he got one of the tasty jelly beans.

He then widened his eyes as he saw Calypso hold up the box of jelly beans and silently offered him some. Ron’s heart leapt as he sat there frozen for a little moment before clearing his throat and replying, not before a slight red tint came to Ronald’s cheeks as he blushed a little bit. “Th- thanks Calypso,” he said quietly, flashing Cal a little bit of a shy smile. He then took a handful of jelly beans in his hands.

That was when Ron’s pet rat, Scabbers, smelled food and peaked his little head out of Ron’s coat pocket, unbeknownst to him. Ron stopped in place, widening his eyes as Harry asked him if he had a rat. He then looked down and felt Scabbers wiggling around in his pocket, excited at the prospect of snagging a bite to eat. “Ah! Scabbers! I forgot you were in there! Get down you!” Ron scolded his rat. He blushed out of embarrassment as everyone in the compartment noticed his pet rat. He looked briefly at Alex, whose eyes were as wide as saucers at the sight of the little rodent in Ron’s pocket.

Harry Potter

Harry laughed at seeing Ron struggle a bit at getting Scabbers under control. But it was relatively cool that Ron snuck in an animal. From what Harry knew students were only allowed to bring a toad, cat, or owl, at least that's what he had read in the letter from the school that told the students what they needed to get and what to bring. Of course, he mostly had help from Hagrid to receive on the list. Back to pets, he had brought an owl named Hedwig...which was a gift from Hagrid. "why'd you bring a rat with you?" Harry asked, still laughing a bit.

The boy's eyes turned to Alexander, whose eyes were wide as all get out at Ron's little pet. It felt like Harry might have stared too long at Alex's beautiful dark brown eyes. His heart fluttered in his chest a bit. Harry Potter smiled a bit more, it was nice to see Alex surprised...or interested at the same thing he was. The rat was definitely a shock to all the boys in the compartment. Harry would never say it out loud, but the rat looked like it was carrying multiple diseases, he wouldn't want to get too close to it. Now he just hope it wasn't a rat that had a knack for biting people at random.

Calypso Doren
Calypso was glad to offer Ron some candy, the sweets were delicious and just knew they had to be shared. Things in the room took a change when Ronald's pet rat was discovered by Harry. Cal's eyes widened in excitement, "aw Scabbers is so cute!" He exclaimed, gently reaching his hand out to pet the top of the rat's head for a few moments. It felt comforting knowing that he wasn't the only one to bring a pet that wasn't allowed on the train. Hopefully, it wouldn't cause any trouble when they actually get to Hogwarts.

"Actually, you ain't the only one to bring a secret pet," Cal grinned and stood on the seat to get his bags from the shelves above them. He pulled down a medium-sized bag. Calypso slowly and carefully open the bag by the zipper, trying not to startle the pet that he brought. "There we go girl, this is Saber!" The boy pulled out a grey-red-looking ferret. Cal sat the bag on the floor while holding his pet in his lap

Ronald Weasley

Ron furrowed his brow and almost defensively pet the top of Scabbers’ head gently. “Why? Well because he’s my pet!” he exclaimed. But suddenly Ron looked over at Calypso who seemed to be gushing over the apparent cuteness of his little pet rodent. It was surprising to see this reaction from Cal but it was a bit relieving to know that Calypso didn’t find it disgusting as many people did. Ron knew he probably shouldn’t have a rat with him but he couldn’t leave his little Scabbers behind.

Ron raised his eyebrows with surprise as Calypso said he too had a little secret pet of his own. “Oh Calypso! How cool! And she’s so cute too!” said Ron sweetly as he gushed over the small ferret. “She’s beautiful Calypso,” said Ron, resisting adding a “just like you” at the end of that statement. Boy did he seem to already get lost in those pretty green eyes of Cal’s. Ron then gently pulled a nervous Scabbers out and held him near Sabre, hoping the two would get along.

Alex Summers

Luckily for Harry, Alexander hadn’t caught him staring into his dark chocolate brown eyes. Even as a girl when he was very young, Alex had been complimented on those eyes of his. Alex’s expression of shock and surprise soon turned to one of nervousness and disgust as he scrunched up his face at the sight of the ugly looking rat. He was surprised that Calypso could possibly find that thing cute!

Alex nervously scooted away from both Calypso and Ron and their pets as he tried not to make it seem obvious that he was creeped out and even scared of both of the animals. Alex wasn’t the best with animals, especially not rodents like rats.
“That’s umm- that’s nice…” commented Alex, lying through his teeth and uncomfortably smiling as his shoulders tended up.

“What? Never seen a rat before Alex?” Ron asked, confused as to why Alex looked so hesitant around the small animals. Alex just gulped, not wanting to admit he was creeped out.

Harry Potter

Harry was glad that Alexander didn't notice him staring into his captivating eyes. How he could stare into them for hours if he desired to. There was a feeling tugging at his heart, he wanted to get closer to Alex, something about him just felt right. He somehow knew right then that the two would be close throughout their years at Hogwarts, and most likely beyond those times as well.

Harry didn't like how defensive Ron was towards him asking why he brought a rat, but he didn't want to argue and make it a problem that didn't need to be started. "Alright alright I was just asking," Harry nervously laughed. He seemed more accepting of the ferret that Calypso brought than Scabbers, at least Sabre looked friendly. It didn't take long to notice that Alex was getting uncomfortable with the animals. "Lets not push animals onto anyone here -- they're very cool but if you both are caught with them you two might get in trouble." Harry tried to have the two put their pets away in a discreet manner as to not upset either of them. But, ht wanted to make sure Alex didn't feel pressured by seeing the animals right in front of him.

He then leaned over to check on him, "are you alright mate?" Harry whispered to Alex, making sure he was okay.

Calypso Doren

Sabre seemed to take a liking towards Ron already, sticking her nose out and up to sniff Ron. "I think she likes you Ronald! Now lets see how she likes Scabbers." He smiled. Sabre seemed hesitant while being placed close to Scabbers. Unfortunately, Sabre didn't seem to like Ron's rat all that much, she tried to squirm away from Scabber, almost hissing at him. "Okay okay, uh maybe not," Calypso said, gently pulling his pet away, disappointment clearly reflecting in his voice. He had really hoped that the two would get along.

When Alex backed away from him and Ron, Calypso couldn't help but feel bad like he was upsetting Alexander. "Yeah you're probably right.." he sighed softly while gently placing Sabre on his own lap. He didn't want to put her in her bag just yet, his argument would be that she needed some air. His attention then turned out of the window. "I think we might be getting close to the school, don't we still need to get changed into our robes and what not?" Cal asked with a head tilt.

Alexander Summers

Alex was uneasy around the two animals- especially since they both were not allowed those specific animals. He was thankful though however when Harry Potter defended him. Alex looked at Harry, admiring the boy. He was like his knight in shining armor right then and there. Alex found himself getting lost in Harry’s appearance. He was in a love struck trance by the time Harry leaned over to ask if he was ok.

Alex blinked, staring back at Harry, shaking his head and closing his eyes, snapping out of it.
“Uhh, y- yea. I’m- I’m fine, thanks Harry,” he stuttered, looking back at Harry, his brown eyes wide open. Alex awkwardly stared back at Harry and locked eyes with the boy. He got lost in the boys pretty eyes.

Ron Weasley

Ron smiled and giggled as Calypso’s pet seemed to take a liking to him. “Aww how cute!” said Ron. He then smiled and nodded as he brought Scabbers closer to Sabre. But he quickly widened his eyes and pulled his pet rat back as Scabbers began to hiss. “Oh no! Sorry!” apologized Ron. “Bad Scabbers! Don’t hiss at him!” Ronald scolded. “Sorry about that, Calypso. I don’t know what came over him. He’s usually pretty friendly,” he said with a causal shrug.

He then looked over to Harry and then Alexander who looked very clearly uncomfortable around all the animals. He felt a twinge of pity now realizing he probably freaked Alex out a little bit with the nasty looking rat. “Right Harry. Sorry Alex,” Ronald apologized. He then looked over at Cal and nodded. “Good point, we should probably get ready. Hogwarts is near.” he said. Alex felt more comfortable with Harry’s comforting voice and eased up as both Sabre and Scabbers were put away. He nodded slowly, agreeing that they’d best be getting changed now into their robes, as the Hogwarts castle was soon to be in view.

Harry Potter

Harry nodded, for a moment getting lost in those eyes of Alex again. Though when he noticed they were both staring in each other's eyes he glanced away in a hast while a slight blushed was on his cheeks. "its no problem I'm just glad you are okay..." Harry nervously scratched the back of his neck and looked over at the two other boys for a moment. He watched Calypso and Ron settle their pets down and place them away. He was glad the animals wouldn't be running around and causing a combination for now.

"we have to get dressed on the train? I thought we would do that once we get to the school?" Harry questioned as he was met with headshakes from Calypso. After a moment he nodded and went to grab his bags so he could find his robes. After a moment he finally found them, though he was a bit confused if he was supposed to change in the compartment they were all in or if there was somewhere they could go to change.

Calypso Doren

Calypso tried to explain to Ron that it was fine, though he was just a bit confused since Sabre was friendly to most people and animals she meets. "its fine Ron! Maybe Scabbers is just a bit cranky?" Cal joked slightly. He eventually placed Sabre back in her bag, placing it underneath the seat.

Cal seemed to shrink in his chair after he brought up the fact they would have to change into their robes. He knew he could just sneak off to the bathroom to change. Even if he was comfortable expressing as a boy he was terrified of people finding out he was transgender and treating him differently. He was just glad to be accepted by his father and have access to change his body to fix how he felt on the inside. "I'm just going to head to the restroom to change, I'll be back in a moment!" he let the others know before grabbing his clothes and opening the door to leave the compartment. Calypso couldn't help but feel nervous walking down the aisle of the train, scared that others were eyeing him and even whispering about him.

Alex Summers

Alexander couldn’t help but blush at Harry’s words and gesture. It was so nice of him to worry and care about him that much. He was glad to see Ron and Calypso settle down their pets and put them away. Animals had always creeped Alexander out for whatever reason.

His eyes then widened as his cheeks flushed bright red at the thought of getting dressed on the train. Would he have to do it in front of them? Alex was always so self-conscious about his body. Sure he looked like a boy under his clothes thanks to hormones and magic, but he was worried about what people would think if he took his shirt off or even more.

He hated the idea of changing in front of them and blushed at the thought of it, hating that he wasn’t comfortable being like “a normal boy,” hating that he wasn’t comfortable enough with his body to change in front of three other boys. He didn’t want anyone to know he was transgender. The thought of it scared Alexander. What if they made fun of him? What if they didn’t want to hang out around him? What if Harry Potter didn’t like him…..?

That would be the worst of all outcomes for Alex… Sure he was accepted by his parents for who he was, but he didn’t know if his new friends here would feel the same. Alex just sat there, red-faced and frozen as Cal excused himself and went to go change in a restroom. “No one could know,” he thought to himself, “Know one can know I’m trans…” he told himself in his head.

Ron Weasley

Ron shrugged. “Yea. He hasn’t eaten so maybe that’s got him all grumpy,” he suggested. He then blushed slightly at the idea of changing. He didn’t mind changing in front of them there since they were all boys, but as a gay male it felt weird, especially around Cal who he felt a growing attraction towards. Ron didn’t want anyone to know he was gay yet. He hadn’t even come out to anyone of his family members yet.

As Calypso excused himself to a restroom to go change, Ron sat there red faced and blushing. He quickly gathered up his luggage and excused himself as well to go change. “Uhh, I’m- I’m going to go change into my robes somewhere else too,” he said, “I’ll give you two some privacy.”

Now that just left Harry Potter and Alex Summers in the train compartment, alone. Alex was still frozen and red in the face from blushing.

Calypso Doren

Calypso was freaking out on the way to the bathroom, he was worrying that someone else would be in the bathroom or accidentally walk in on him if the lock didn't work. Once reaching the door he placed a few soft knocks on the restroom door and when he heard no replies back he walked inside and quickly locked the door. His eyes were fixated on the mirror for the longest time, just staring at himself. "My hair is so long," he thought.

He spent time nitpicking things he didn't like about himself. Calypso had always had low self-esteem, even if he was trying to make his body more comfortable for himself it seemed to never look right. Once he got fed up with himself he turned to face away from the mirror to finally change into his robes. They seemed to fit Cal rather nicely and he was pleased with how they looked.

However, he didn't feel like going back to the train compartment where the other boys were just yet. It wasn't like he was annoyed with any of the boys, Cal was just a bit nervous about what they might think of him. He had a constant fear in the back of his mind that anyone that met him secretly hated him.

Harry Potter

The Potter boy's face was heavily flushed as Ron left the cart to change, leaving Harry and Alexander alone. A part of him wanted to call out to Ronald and ask him to stay, just so he wouldn't be embarrassed that Alex and he would change in the same room alone. He tried to speak up but all that he was able to produce was a nearly silent squeak. For the few moments that followed Harry was utterly silent, his face somehow seemed to be growing warmer by the second. Should he offer to find a different place to change? Should he try to cover his eyes while changing? He had no clue, but he did know that he didn't want to do anything that would put Alexander in a more stressful situation.

"U-uhm, perhaps we could go to different corners and look away while we changed?" Harry nervously offered a solution. The poor boy was the reddest he had ever been, unable to really process what was happening -- besides knowing he would be changing in front of this boy he found rather cute. Hopefully, this wouldn't become a huge deal and they could change without fully be too embarrassed to talk for the rest of the trip to Hogwarts.

Alex Summers

Alex sat frozen- he didn’t know what to do. He realized he was going to have to get used to changing in front of other boys if he was going to be dorming and living at Hogwarts with his fellow housemates! He wished nothing more than to be confident with himself and his body and wished he could be like most other boys his age and not care to do something as simple as take off his shirt.

It was clear that he had also made Harry extremely uncomfortable. What was Harry going to say if he saw his body? Would he be abandoned for being trans? No, Harry Potter seemed better than that. Still, it didn’t do much to alleviate poor Alexander’s fears and stresses. It didn’t help that Alex was beginning to notice Harry’s physical appearance, finding him a bit handsome and cute.

“Erm, uhh, s- sure. I mean like I’m fine with changing here cuz uhh, that’s what boys do right? Heh heh…” chuckled Alex nervously as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, acting like he didn’t care and wasn’t terrified. He was a real boy after all, wasn’t he? Hormones, magic, and his feelings all pointed to yes. He’d never felt quite right as a female, but now he had never felt so uncomfortable at the prospect of doing something that most boys their age wouldn’t care much about. “Just guys being dudes!” Alex said awkwardly behind an uncomfortable but forced smile.

Ron Weasley

Ron quickly went to find a private bathroom to change in and gather his thoughts. Once he found a free one, he entered and closed the door, looking at himself in the mirror. What was happening to him? Why was he all of a sudden feeling butterflies in his tummy every single time he looked at Calypso? Why did Ron just want to hear Cal’s voice all day and nothing else? Why did he want to stare into those beautiful green eyes all day?

To be honest, Ron was still coming to terms with the fact that he was gay. He hadn’t come out yet of course, so no one but himself knew the truth. Coming from a mostly heterosexual family, Ronald wondered what everyone would think. What would Cal think? What if Cal wasn’t gay? Then it hit Ron- was he having his first official crush?

Harry Potter

Harry coughed nervously. The air around the two boys felt slightly tense. He had no idea how to react to the situation. Of course, it was awkward and strange to have to change in front of someone new and so cute to Harry. "Y-yeah just mates being friendly!" Harry choked out, messing with the hem of his shirt. Should he be the first to stand up and march to a corner of the cart to change? Merlin, why was this so hard to do for no reason?

To break the tension Harry Potter just stood up and reached for the trunk above him that had his robes inside. "I'll just head to the left corner and you can go anywhere else in here-" He spoke with a soft smile, closing the curtain on the doors so no one else from other compartments could see the two boys change. Then, he waited for Alexander to grab his robes to change into, before changing. Once Harry noticed that they both had their respective clothing items he turned around and began to change, his face heating up at the thought of Alex changing just in the other corner.

Calypso Doren

A quiet sigh came from under Calypso's breath as he leaned against a wall, messing with a few strains of hair, attempting to take a few moments to himself and gather his thoughts. Sure he was thankful to have already found friends so early on, but would everything last? People can change over the course of seven years. And Ron, the one that had started to make his heart speed up when Ronald would talk about the things he was passionate about...Calypso wasn't even sure what his sexuality was, he was horrible with crushes and could barely catch hints when someone liked him.

Eventually, the bright green-eyed boy marched out of the restroom to meet up with the others. Fortunately, there wasn't any trouble while he made his way to the shared compartment. When he got there, he noticed the curtains were still shut, so he respectfully waited for the two boys inside to finish changing.

Alex Summers

The mood was tense as it was just Harry and Alex awkwardly sitting in the train car. Alex mustered a smile and a quick head nod at Harry's comment. That's what it was, right? Just mates being mates? Were they friends at this point? Alexander sure felt like they were new friends. He hoped this friendship would last so he would have someone throughout his seven years here at Hogwarts. The whole changing situation seemed to be so difficult for no reason and Alex hated himself for making it so.

Alex smiled shyly as he nodded his head at Harry's suggestion.
"Yea, that sounds good, I'll do that," he said in agreement. Alex then grabbed his robes with a red blush on his face as he went to the opposite corner of the train compartment to change. He then turned around and closed his eyes as he changed, embarrassed to be doing so. But he trusted Harry not to look and to respect his privacy. Eventually, Alexander was all changed in his black unmarked Hogwarts robe, tying his tie up nicely to complete the outfit.

Still turned around, respecting the other's privacy, Alex spoke. "I- I've finished Harry. H- how about you? I don't want to turn around yet if you're still changing," he said humbly. "I'm- I'm sorry for making this so awkward...." he apologized with a frown.

Ron Weasley

Eventually Ronald had finished changing into his robes. They were unmarked and blank with no Hogwarts house logo or colors yet. His tie was a matte gray color too as the magic had not yet transformed it into his house colors. But he had a sneaking suspicion that he'd be sorted into Gryffindor like the rest of his family. As he emerged out of the bathroom, walking to the train compartment they were sitting in previously, Ronald noticed Cal waiting outside for presumably the two other boys to finish changing.

Ron approached Cal and spoke softly.
"They're uhh, still finishing up in there, eh?" he asked, trying to make simple conversation. His heart was pounding in his chest and he felt butterflies in his stomach every time he spoke to or looked at Calypso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back