• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Long-term, Detailed, Character-Focused, Quality>Quantity, Overreaching Themes, Literary Devices. Have I seduced you yet? Good. Befriend me.

Happiness Transplant

Intimidating and a bit insane...

-Introduction-
Hey... so, uh... just a little FYI... this is a really long post. I used BBCode to hide the extents of it so you don't know what you're getting yourself into, but... that's not really fair, so... um... it's over 23k words. It was like 50 pages when I typed it out in the word document... so you might just want to skip this if you're more of a "Casual Chad" sort of roleplayer. Otherwise... I recommend getting some snacks. Stay hydrated. Pace yourself. See—it’s shit like this that made this so long. I’m sorry. You have to read all of it if you want to hit it off with me. Maybe take some breaks? I don’t know. Good luck. If you expect daily posts just… just run away now. Good luck.

Hello. I’m Mahdi. I’m an INFJ… so there’s that. If you don’t know what that means, well—I’m basically a mythical creature that’s composed entirely of paradoxes and good intent. My super powers are intuitively knowing things and feeling other people’s emotions more intensely than they do. Yay!

I’m intimidating. I get abandoned a lot. It’s dreadful. I’m trying to avoid that—really, I’m going to make it my mission to write the scariest recruitment thread in existence. I’ll scare you all off now so I don’t accidentally scare you away later. Fear me, dammit! Every last one of you better be trembling in your boots at the end of this. I mean it. All of you! I’m going to tell you a story—a scary story, like a ghost story, but it’s true and it actually happened so it’s really essentially a very scary story.

My words are so unquestionably brilliant that they take on a life of their own. It’s terrifying. They become sirens. Have you ever heard a siren’s song? I presume not... as all who hear their cloying tune fall swiftly, quietly to their doom. I’ve had a lot of partners. They were all entranced by the sirens’ song. They were good people. We had some nice chats.

They’re all dead now.

That’s the story.

Well… I’m not entirely sure if they’re actually dead. They disappeared. Balance of probability suggests that they were eaten by sirens… and I’m pretty sure the same thing will happen to you. Yet still, I remain somewhat hopeful that one or two brave souls will attest immunity to the perilous creatures that curse me to endure this solitude. I don’t know why I still cling to this optimistic nonsense in the face of such… despair. It’s ridiculous. I wish it wasn’t ridiculous.

I’m not going to start a roleplay with someone simply because they express interest. I’m going to expose the very depths of my soul to you—the good and the bad, but mostly the bad—and if you want to collaborate with me you’re going to have to befriend me first. That’s going to take some effort on your part. It’ll take effort on my part, too—but that’s not the problem. I’ve always worked hard for your affections. I’m not afraid of the dark. It exists within me; I am the dark. It’s you who must disprove cowardice in the face of me.

I’m looking for a handful of partners… but I’m going to do everything I can to make myself seem as unappealing as possible. I’ve been around the block more than a few times, to be honest, and I now find myself weary of the momentary companionship that pops in and out like fucking roleplay wack-a-mole. Look—I’m done with that nonsense… so I’m doing things differently. I’m only interested in the sort of roleplaying partnership that lasts for years—you know, the ones where people communicate and adapt and take breaks and return instead of running away in silence and pretending the whole thing never happened.

That sort of thing is hard to come by the way things are now.

This is how it’s going to go down. For many of you… I’m going to be your worst nightmare. You’ll run away and never look back. And that’s good. I’m glad, really. It saves me a lot of trouble. I want you to run away if you think for a mere second that you should. At the end this, though… a precious few of you will remain—trembling in some mixture of fear and excitement—unable to tear your gaze away from the anomalous creature you’ve found. And you’ll step forward. Reach out your hand. Resign yourself to patience as you begin the task of earning my fingers interlocked in yours.

I’m sorry if I intimidate you, but I’m no longer willing to alter my writing to better suit your comfort level. You need to be comfortable with your ability to roleplay with me the way I am. If you’re not, well—I don’t care how much you love my writing or ideas. I told you my words become sirens. Don’t let them tempt you to your doom. You’ll just get overwhelmed and run away anyway, so please spare yourself the effort and me the emotional turmoil of befriending a ghost.

I have a ton of flaws and way too much self-confidence to let most people make me feel bad about that… although I do slip up sometimes. I think there’s something in the building blocks of humanity that makes even the most impregnable minds suffer a pestilence of self-doubt. And my mind is far from impregnable. I care too much about people. Their feelings. I love too openly to protect myself from each wayward abuse or disapproving stare.

Let’s see… how to scare you? I’m blunt. I have little patience for skirting around problems—I’d rather face them and be done with it than endure any length of time with shadows lurking in the corner. I will communicate openly and honestly as best I can. I ask the same of you. Truth prevails over any ego, even mine. Discomfort really does make us stronger in the end. Most times. I’m adventurous. I don’t have many boundaries. I don’t like being boxed in by steep margins. In truth, I demand complete creative freedom to do whatever the hell I want. I offer the same curtesy to you in return. When I look at the world, my eyes are drawn to all the dark corners… but I choose to focus on the good in everything despite that. I can get dirty and explore the darkest parts of humanity—and I don’t know when to stop because I can always see a bit of light in everything no matter how irredeemable it may seem to everyone else.

I have a weird paradoxical personality that’s hard to understand.

I don’t reply quickly. I’m likely the slowest writer in existence. I often mistake myself for batman and disappear for several days or weeks. I’m working on that habit… but when a person suddenly believes they’re batman, well—there’s not much to be done, is there? I often write massive posts with high levels of detail. Sometimes I get excited and fail to adequately translate my thoughts into something easy to understand. That largely terrifies people. I strongly believe that my own well-being and mental health are more important than fulfilling obligations to assorted people on the internet—and I encourage my partners to feel the same. I don’t like pressure. I like flexibility and understanding. I’d rather be 100% accepting and keep my relationship with you than implement unwavering expectations that cause you to disappear when you can no longer meet them.

Bottom line: if you’re tolerant of me and my habits, I’ll gladly extend the same acceptance to you. I have no intention of making you feel pressured. If you start to feel pressured, well—that’s on you. Not me. Communicate your distress and I’ll happily do my best to work out a solution. And if it doesn’t work out… that’s fine. We can part ways amicably. I don’t mind ditching, honestly. It’s reasonable. If a person or a roleplay is affecting you that negatively—you should ditch. I’ve personally ran away from dozens of roleplays. Is that terrible? You bet your ass. Am I proud of it? No. I don’t generally self-identify as an asshole. Has karma adequately balanced the scales of my poor life choices? God, I hope so.

I have ditched. I will continue to ditch. But I no longer ditch without a word. Ever. So please give me at least a single word of farewell before you go. I don’t require an explanation or justification or anything. A single word—goodbye—sent as a PM would do me. I don’t hate you for ditching. I hate you for ditching wordlessly.

My goodness—why is she focusing so much on ditching?

I’ll tell you why. I’ve been roleplaying for over 9 years, and over that span of time I’ve only had 8 roleplays last long enough to be deemed successful. 8 roleplays. That’s terrible. I mean, sure—they were super amazing and rewarding roleplays, but if I really think back to all the roleplays I’ve been in and try to ballpark an estimate for the entire 9 years—I’m looking at roughly a 94% mortality rate. That’s dreadful. And you know what? It’s common. Even worse—I’ve never had a single person inform me of their intent to ditch. They always just disappeared. If I’m really exceedingly generous and say I ditched half of the failed roleplays and my partners ditched the other half… that’s still over 50 separate people that wordlessly abandoned me. Do you really want to judge me for making a big deal about that?

I may not be the definition of self-control, but I’m certainly a footnote. You really have nothing to fear. I’m not going to be upset. I’m not going to fling mean words at you, and that’s the worst thing I even have the option of doing. Just be a brave person. Tell someone who finds ditching entirely acceptable that you’re ditching her. If you can’t manage that—well, at least your cowardice is outstanding.

I know. That was savage. Psh. That’s why I’m a footnote instead of a definition. Rest assured I don’t make a habit of such savagery. You’re fine, really. It’s okay. I’m just being playful. It’s not directed at anyone!

…at least, not to your knowledge.

• Writing is important to me, okay? It means something. It means something. I’m not just putting words on paper because it’s fun—it is fun, generally, but it can be painful too. I’m taking pieces of myself and nailing them to an empty wall. Some people look at it and they just see a monstrosity—remnants of a massacre… of many massacres that happened long ago. And that’s true. My words are remnants of massacres. They are broken and healing and scarred pieces of myself. It’s not wrong when that’s all people see. I don’t mind when that’s all people see—because that means they’re seeing something. Some echo of truth and authenticity….

…But some people don’t see anything at all. They see black smudges on paper. Not even that. Discolored pixels on a screen. Barely tangible. They don’t see the meaning behind it all. The unpleasant expense of turning oneself into a frag grenade for the sake of… literary expression. Or maybe just expression. Understanding, perhaps. Attempts to understand. Attempts to be understood. Attempts to help others understand. They don’t see any of that. Can you believe it? It’s just a game to them. And maybe it is a game—sure, maybe it is a fun little game. But it’s not just a game. It’s more than that. Maybe not for everyone—maybe not every word—but for some of the people and some of the words… there’s more to it than that.

I am putting my heart in your hands. Beating. Bruised. Covered only by a thin, tattered veil of metaphor and disassociation. It sounds stupid, doesn’t it? Maybe it is stupid. I never really knew how to exist any other way. I always felt as though the depths of my soul, my consciousness, my very being were too murky, too unfathomable for anyone to explore or understand. Even myself. I always thought everyone else seemed so frivolous in comparison. It’s like an aquarium. They were somehow permitted on the right side of the glass and I was stuck behind it—with all the dangerous things that hurt fragile things such as myself and the gallons upon gallons of water that pressured me to stay there. I couldn’t exist on the correct side. It was too shallow there. I couldn’t breathe. I tried—I tried so hard—but I could never manage much more than silence and a few breathless, futile attempts at connection.

It wasn’t possible. You can’t go from nothing to something in the blink of an eye. You can’t expect a warm reception when you pull a thrashing heart from your chest and thrust it towards a new acquaintance. Any sane person would give you little more than a look of horror. Unless, of course, they didn’t realize what you were doing. Then the horror would be postponed until the realization hit.

Yet here I remain, obstinate, capable of nothing outside indifference or devotion. It’s always all or nothing. I don’t understand the in-between. It doesn’t make sense. I know what I want but I’m witless how to obtain it. Am I really the only one? I can’t be. There must be others. Surely an exchange of hearts between two kindred souls isn’t a belligerent possibility. It could work out somehow, couldn’t it?

Anything that isn’t strong enough to break you isn’t important enough to matter. That’s how I always saw it. I don’t want to be the person with the strongest walls. I want to be the person who picks themselves up. Dusts off their bruised heart and parades it proudly through the streets of life—again and again—as many times as it takes. I am not a phoenix. I do not have the luxury of radiant rebirth, better than before. I’m only human. Just an ordinary human. I’m fragile. I break. The bastards will never stop trying to grind me down. There will always be bastards that succeed. And I alone have held the power to repair myself. I do it diligently. I have to. I have only one shot at this life. But someday… it’ll be different.

No one has ever wanted my heart in their hands. But someday someone will. And it’ll change me. And that’s the greatest feeling I can think of—because whether or not the change is good… I can guarantee you there will be good moments amidst the mess I throw myself into… and life is nothing but a collection of moments. All I can do is seek the good despite the bad.

If in my span of limited moments I must endure horrors in payment for wonders…so be it.

If you’re reading this, I’m going to assume that you’re trembling in some mixture of fear and excitement. It’s okay. I knew this was going to happen.
Go on and reach out a virtual hand in PM or reply form.

I’m going to go ahead and make a bet and say… TWO PEOPLE. That’s how many interested parties there’ll be. Although, fuck it—I’d be happy with half a person. Maybe the masochistic side of someone with multiple personalities. Oh—if one person with multiple personalities stepped forward… I wonder if I could count that as more than one person? Heh. Loopholes. I’m pretty confident in the bet, at this point.

Okay, well… I think I’m gonna shut up now.
Probably going to instantly regret this the moment I post it, so I’m stalling, but damn it… aaaaah… okay. It’s fine. I got this.

Last edited:
I made it halfway through "Content" before realizing... I really should go get some snacks. Luckily, I'm a fast(ish) reader and was done by 2:30 am. Hurray!
I'd like to state that I may fall into the category as using your god-like writing abilities as a measuring tool against my own paltry skills, though; I'm not insecure enough to be unable to wave some pointy sticks at my predisposition, and maybe dispel my self-demeaning thoughts.

Anyhow... I'd love to take a stab at getting to know you. Send me a message if you are also so inclined. We'll just see how things go from there in the end. ^~^ Hope to hear from you soon.

You’re right, I’m sure a million times over you scared a few people away with all those words.
Yet, I loved it. No idea, if I can come close (I’d really love to someday) that amount of work, and I admire you for typing all of that out it definitely shows dedication!!
That being said, I might be the half of a person you’re searching for. If not, that’s more than okay too; good lucky lovely!!

Oh my goodness so many words, at first I was thinking that I wouldn’t get intimidated or anything but—you succeeded in being scary!! Not terrifying enough to scare me off BUT I’m sure that’s a good thing in the end.

Anywho, I adore your writing style samples and I’m intrigued to say the least. I would be very interested in trying to get to know you and discussing a possibly role play! I can’t assure you that my style of writing would be as amazing as yours but I try to write as much as I can given the situation of the scene—and I like to believe that I have exceptional grammar in my posts(?)

Either way, if you’re interested then I might be someone you would like to interact with :) I’ll gladly tell you more about myself n my experience as well as writing samples. Whatever your heart desires really...

Alrighty well have a wonderful day!! Good luck in your partner search

Okay! Evidently… I lost the bet. That’s okay.

I’m back from class and willing to procrastinate on homework for a few hours… so I’m going to get started sending and replying to PMs. I’ll respond to everyone in some shape or form, but it might take some time. If you don’t get a reply today: I’m not ignoring you. I’ve just reached the threshold of reasonable procrastination… if there is such a thing.

Edit: Actually, I think I might be able to get a reply to everyone. Yay! Good times.

salty_ moustachio salty_ moustachio

From a purely logical standpoint… I feel like saving someone is a bad idea when you’re sort of indirectly responsible for them drowning in the first place. I mean—if you die, I don’t have to worry about litigation, so… I do truly hope you enjoy the afterlife.

Last edited:
This post is rather exquisite and eye-catching! From your thread, I found you rather fascinating and thrilling! I am rather fond of the idea of putting fear into others. I enjoy that thrill as well and would to share that feeling another. If you are interested, I can provide you with samples of how I roleplay and whatever you need for your heart's content.

I had the pleasure of reading such a marvelous masterpiece and wish you well in your hunt for a partner. I thank you and wish you a good day!

I have stumbled upon a wonderful goldmine of a thread.

I'm sorry to say that your attempts to scare me off have horribly failed. If anything, I'm much more interested than I was when I originally clicked on the thread. I've never come across someone quite like you on this site, and now that I know you exist I'm extremely excited. I love your writing and your views on writing! I definitely want to get to know you better, even if our interactions don't end up in a roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back