• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Long May We Reign

"Bella,  it not I who is pushing you away from me, it is the court, it is my father. They fooled me into you never making a return and forced me to move forward, to rule this country, but it is to you I made a promise to. It is to you I owe a debt. It is with you I wish to rule beside. I do not care about Scotland's front presently, it will be strengthened but it is not enough a claim to keep us apart, you will be my queen and no one else's." Reaching into his pocket he wiped away his fiancee's tears with his handkerchief. "You are what this country needs."   

Arabella looked at her fiancé as she took a deep breath and sighed softly before she held his hand in her own. "What about Claude and your parents?" She asked him softly before she looked at him and smiled gently. "I had my doubts about you but I should know better. You have always been a man of your words. Together we can rule successfully, I promise that. We will build our nation. The one we dreamed of building as children. I love you, Jasper." She finally confessed as her cheeks turned a soft pink color because of the cold air hitting the. The winter time was always her favorite season. It was a time of snow and she enjoyed being out in the flurries that casted a blanket upon the ground.

"What about them Bella? They have no say." Jasper reassured her with a smile before he took off his coat and wrapped it around her, kissing her cheek and taking her hand. "Care to dance before I pronounce you to be future queen of our nations?" Jasper asked with a sincere smile and a wink. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bella smiled softly as she hugged his coat tighter around her and stood up as she nodded. "I would love nothing more than a dance with you." She said softly as she held his hand and moved in closer as she began to move to their own rhythm. She was excited to see how they would rule together. She wanted them to be as they imagined. The kind rulers who were stronger together than apart. "Long may we reign, my king." She whispered softly until she kissed his cheek and held his hand. "Shall we head back?" She asked softly. 

"Yes love, we shall," her fiance' replied contently, taking her hand but pulled her back towards him before she could step foot back into the large crowd of people who were undoubtfully awaiting their suspenseful return as they all watched Jasper abandon Claude on the floor to chase after Bella into the snow, "Bella?" When she looked up at him questionably, Jasper smiled happily as he held her against him and brought her into an unforgettable kiss.  When they pulled away,their foreheads were resting comfortably against one another's and the brisk air was stinging Jasper's cheeks but he paid it no attention. He had long hoped for this moment many years ago and it finally occurred, meeting his every expectation of the moment and then some, "I love you too," He finally replied, bringing his warm hands to her flushed cheeks and bringing her into another kiss. It was then Jasper knew he made the right decision as to who he would rule his country with.

Bella closed her eyes as he kissed her. She loved the feeling of his lips against hers. It was an electrifying kiss, one she would never forget. She adored it and when they pulled away, the harsh cold air kissing her cheeks as they turned a bright red but she ignored it as she continued to look at Jasper. "I have awaited years to hear those words." She said before they shared yet another kiss. She knew then at that moment they were going to rule together and be stronger than any rulers before them. They were going to be a change their countries needed and she was ready for it. She held both his hands as she smiled and slowly lead him back into the ballroom bustling with people. When they walked in, the room fell silent as everyone noticed Bella and Jasper holding hands. Claude was infuriated but Bella didn't care. 

Jasper looked on to all the people staring back at then and smiled, looking over to Bella, and kissed her forehead before he turned back towards the crowd. "It is with great pleasure, on this night, in her honor to announce my decision to stay true to the commitment of my dearly beloved betrothal, thus, I must introduce to you, the upcoming queen of our nation. Welcome her without your hearts, for she had taken mine ans we are very pleased to rule you, together."  

Bella smiled as she stood behind Jasper while he announced his decision. Upon the news being announced, everyone stayed quiet for a few more seconds until the back began cheering and the rest followed suit. Bella was happy that the kingdom approved and she walked up to Jasper and took his hand in her own, smiling as the people chanted they they reign long. Claude walked out upset and while everyone cheered, the king and Queen were more quiet as they watched the two interact and walk over to them. "Your majesties." Bella said as she curtsied and the Queen smiled. "As a mother, I support both of your decision. I have faith that with both of you ruling, both kingdoms will be great again." She said and Bella thanked her. The one who frightened her was the king because he stayed quiet. 

Jasper, apart from Arabella, felt the displeasure in the room after his announcement and it didn't sit well with him. It was as if they all discouraged his choice in the next Queen, as if, in their eyes, he made a wrong and distasteful decision. It infuriated him. Despite this, he kept his composure in front of the woman he just promised his life to, in fear she would backtrack in her wanting to rule beside him. Making his way over to his parents, Jasper made his displeasure with such a reaction clear in his expression towards them. After hearing his mother speak he cleared his throat and breathed a sigh of relief when one of Bella's ladies called her over and he nodded in dismissal, not wanting to ruin her happiness, as he had business to discuss with his parents. 

"As a mother you support my decision? I am not entirely clear what you mean to say by that, but it doesn't sound too convincing that you are pleased with my choice for Arabella. But I would appreciate it if one of you made this clear to me, because it seems, I am missing a piece of the puzzle you two have seemed to have placed for me on your own and expected me to go along with it, yes? So please, enlighten me on what you were to expect come of tonight and how I have seemed to have devasted you so suddenly. I thought this is what was agreed. I thought I was promised to the lady of Scotland. I am a man, a noble man at that, and promises I must keep, so please explain as to why you are treating this like I just slained someone in vain. You conveyed to me I had a choice to make tonight, and it is a choice I have made." 

The King looked to the Queen who sighed and shook her head. "He needs to know Henry." She said softly and the king sighed as he looked at his son and glanced over to Arabella who was now with her ladies enjoying the ball. "Jasper, we took Bella in this court because her mother asked us too. Scotland was in deep peril and her life was at stake. They needed a treaty and offered her up to us which this lead to your bethrothal to her. When we sent her away, however, we gained knowledge that she is to be the next on the throne of England but it is not easy." He said as he watched Claude talk up other suitors. "Claude is in line for the throne as well. She is the choice England wanted for under Charlie's rule everyone hated Arabella of Scotland and they still do. Do you know what kind of an uprising this will bring? You are to marry Arabella. That is what you chose and now many will be out to kill her." He said simply and looked curiously at the main floor as he heard gasps and watched Arabella fall to the ground unconscious. "Guards!" The king called out as they surrounded the soon to be queen. "It was the wine, my lord. Someone has poisoned the Queen."

Jasper was once again, thrown an enormous curveball and this one mad him sick to his stomach when he thought of what he just done, putting Arabella's life at stake by making such a decision. "If you knew this all along, why would you leave it up to me? Do you not care for her at all?" Jasper interrogated furiously before the overwhelming gasps took over his conversation. "Bella!" Jasper called in disbelief before he pushed his way over towards her in a panic. His guilt now brought him a gut wrenching feeling of sorrow. How could anyone want to harm such an innocent-minded girl. Standing over her, Jasper looked up towards the guards and shook his head in anger. "Do something!" He demanded while he held the fair skinned Bella delicately in his arms.  

The guards nodded as they reacted as best as possible and chased after the man that tried to run away. One stayed behind to guard the two young heirs and when Nostradamus, the Queens magician came over, he helped Jasper as much as possible with trying to get the poison out of Arabella's system. Eventually, they took Arabella to her room and as she laid in bed, the color was slowly coming back to her face. She opened her eyes and upon opening them, she grasped Jasper's hand tight as she sighed. "What happened? Why are we in my chambers?" She asked him softly. 

When Jasper watched Bella open her eyes he sighedin relief and kissed her cheek for his own reassurance. "Don't fret for now Bella, stay still," Jasper spoke gently. He was truly at a loss now of what to do. He couldn't have Arabella's life be in an everlasting jeopardy. He was still infuriated with his mother and father for letting it go this far. 

Bella looked over at her fiancé as she tried to do as he asked but soon felt discomfort. She felt naesous and she looked at him. "Jasper, lay with me please." She said softly. She wanted to be against him, against the man that would protect her. She was hurting and she knew if anyone were to walk in on them laying together, they could get in trouble but in that moment, Bella didn't care and she curled against him as she felt him lay right next to her. "Tell me a story. A good one." She whispered softly as she tried not to cry from the discomfort. She still didn't know what happened but she didn't care. 

Jasper did as Bella asked, out of his hatred for being the reason she was sick. Nodding, he rose and laid beside her, unpinning the curls from her hair. "I don't know many stories to tell, and none of them are very good at all.. What kind of story do you want to hear?" 

"Tell me one about us. What do you see for our future. How many children?" Bella whispered softly as she shut her eyes and stayed curled against the man she was to marry. The man she loved so deeply. She never wanted to lose him and though she didn't understand what he did about her being next on the throne for England. She was kept away from the truth. "Jasper?" She asked when he never responded and moved her head to look at him as her curls surrounded her face. "What is it? Tell me." She pleaded. She didn't like the look in his eyes. 

Jasper didn't want to tell his sweet Arabella what had happened, or that it blindly was his fault, but he didn't have a choice. After all his parents kept from him, he didn't want to be hypocritical so he told her everything he knew. "I'm so sorry Arabella, I never intended for it ro be this way, but I can't have you take my throne if it means you are in danger. I told you, it is I who is to protect you, and this is the only way I know how." 

Bella's eyes grew wide with what he said and she sat up quickly as she held the blanket against her and fought back tears. She began to shake as she sighed deeply and stared at her lap. "No." she said demandingly as she looked at her fiancé and cleared her throat. "Everyone has been in charge of my life. They have made decisions for me. Now, now I will take my life back. I am not leaving. I am staying. We are promised to rule together and I will rule with no one else but you." 

"Bella, I can't allow it. They will harm you, and how am I supposed to rule if you are taken from my side out of vengeance? It is my duty to rule, but it is also my duty to protect you. I cannot turn you into a target. Don't you understand?  I love you and I only desire for you to be safe.' 

"No, what you desire is to have anyone but a queen with a target upon her back. You are correct, France is a great nation. Scotland would only hinder it, I would only hinder it, but thinking about politics is something I wish not to do at this moment. Listen to your heart, Jasper. I understand you are troubled by those who will act against me with vengeance, but do you truly believe even if we do not marry that they will stop? What if worse for you? Being attacked with me by your side or me being attacked alone?" She added and knew everything she was saying would take a big hit for him. "Jasper, I love you and whether or not I have become a target of vengeance, I do not wish to rule with anyone else." 

"This is not about politics Arabella, this is about you, this is about your mortality and I will not be responsible for any harm that may come to you if I selfishly let you go through with such a risky endeavor. I can easily keep you safe if you are not at the front of the battle. It is best for you not to rule at all, it seems. Please do not mistake my actions for ignorance, for I make them out of love. There is no way to ensure that you will be kept safe as Queen of France, you are not of blood descent to this country so my father has no reason to keep blood from spilling over you. Now come, we will not speak of this any longer tonight," Jasper whispered sadly as he pulled Arabella back against him and brought her into a long kiss. "I'm sorry," He whispered again sincerely before he kissed her neck affectionally. As the silence lingered between them, Jasper continued to hold her, running his hands along her sides. "Three," He answered, but could see she was confused. "You asked about children, my answer is three, it is a comfortable amount royals tend to abide by." With a smile, he looked into her eyes and became saddened again,  because as much as he was thrilled by the idea of building a grand empire and the bloodline with her, he knew he couldn't be so selfish to risk her life over it. 

Arabella didn't know how to feel about the events taking place. She only wished she were not a target to those who despised her. She wished to be happy, to marrying Jasper, but at everything he said she felt herself shrinking and shrinking, becoming smaller and even more confined in a box. She understood his reasoning, but for her it wasn't enough to make her want to leave. She sighed softly and fell into his arms and against him easily as they shared another kiss. She was going to miss those if her ruling Scotland alone was really what he decided. She smiled gently at what he said however, about the three children he saw them having. "Three." She whispered with a nod before closing her eyes. "Two boys and a little girl. The boys would take great care of their sister." She added before she bit her lip and fell asleep. It was a dark sleep for her and she she wasn't looking forward to waking the following morning. 

"Yes," Jasper agreed. "They would take great care of their sister," Running his fingers through her hair, he watched the young heir fall to sleep, kissing her gently before he got up and tucked her into her bed, stepping out quietly before anyone seemed to notice. Heading towards his own chambers he wiped away the tears he began to shed out of sadness and frustration for his emotions regarding Bella. 

"Bring her home," He heard a sweet voice call from down the poorly candle lit hallway. "Bring her home to her mother and wed her in her home country, no one has to know of your commitment to her, they will just think she went back to the useless country of Scotland, they will want nothing to do with her, she'll be safe." 

Jasper turned his heels towards Bella's friend to face her and smiled faintly at her. "It isn't that simple, Vera, I have to rule France and the court would never agree to let me rule alone, my blood is too proud to veer from tradition. I must have a wife and children to carry on the legacy of France " 

"So wed her and have a child, as long as she is carrying your blood she cannot be harmed, she can be kept safe in Scotland until then and you can find someone else to rule beside you until a child is conceived." 

"And who do you suppose will agree to serve as a decoy Queen to please France until then? It would never work." 

Vera sighed softly as she looked at the future heir and bit her lip. "I know a friend who is a princess that would do anything for Bella. Her name is Iris. She is the Princess of Conde. You have met her older brother before, Prince Sebastian." She said softly but looked over at the group of guards that were coming to switch duties. With that, the lady disappeared and retreated back into her chambers. Life was never going to be easy for Arabella and Jasper. Nobody wished for them to rule together because they knew the two of them would build a great nation. The greatest anyone has seen but Arabella knew that ruling with Jasper was now out of the picture. She would rule alone and as the sun rose, she refused to leave her room. She wasn't ready to face the reality that she would be alone. 

In the morning, Jasper snuck his way back into Bella's chamber and to her surprise, he was inappropriately chipper. Pulling from the bed and to her feet, the prince wiped her tears and kissed her. "Everything will be alright, my dear Bella, you must trust me on that. You have beloved friends who would do anything for you. So for now, you must go home willingly and trust that I will see you again soon. You know me to be a man of my word and while I do not have the time to explain to you what is going on, you will know in due time. Just stay quiet and I promise it will work out in the end. I just came to say farewell before you venture back to Scotland." Cupping her face he pulled her into a long kiss before he stepped out with her, to Vera who was waiting at the doors. "Vera will take great care of you love, please go with her and everything will be made clear. Kissing her forehead in farewell he smiled when she pulled him into a hug and he whispered in her ear for reassurance. "Long may we reign, my Queen." 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back