• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Long May We Reign

"Yes!" Wanting to grab the paper the prince tried to stray from his mother's side but thr maid quickly brought Charles his things to which he replied the sweetest thank you. Setting it aside for now, Charles ate his breakfast happily with his mother. He rather enjoyed his food but was more excited to draw. Placing the paper in front of him he  stared at the bank sheet intently before he began to draw his parents standing tall, leading all the people as Charles often watched them do. 

Bella smiled as she watched her son begin to draw and soon she grabbed a paper and began to draw her son playing with his train. She smiled as she noticed his detail in his drawing. She was teaching how to capture the detail well and it was showing. "You are doing great, Charles. Let us start shading. Where should you shade?" She asked him as she continued with her own drawing and soon, time flies faster then before and Bella smiled as she looked at Charles' drawing and admired it. "It looks perfect, Charles." She said with a bright and proud smile and looked over to the now awake Jasper as Charles showed it to him. "Look daddy!" He said excitedly. 

"It is swell son," Jasper replied sleepily, just waking from his short, much-needed nap. Taking the picture from his son he admired Charles's innocence in his perception of both Jasper and Bella. The couple kept their son just as much out of their personal struggles as they did the political world. There was no need for Charles to know of his parents low side as long as they continued to work through them.  He was a child and deserved their protection from all the evils that surrounded everyone to give him a childhood he would cherish by the time he would inevitably learn the many truths of the reality everyone had to succumb to.  

Bella smiled gently at her husband and son and kissed Charles head before their son began to fall asleep against his mother. It was getting late and Bella laughed softly as she watched the boy then looked over at her husband. "So innocent and pure. We have done a swell job in giving him the childhood he deserves." She whispered softly to Jasper with nothing but admiration in her eyes towards him. "Can you call for a maid? I would like to bathe tonight. I feel revolting with this dried blood and sweat." She said softly with a sigh and when her bath was ran in the other room, Bella set Charles in bed as she smiled before she slowly tried to stand but gasped from the pressure on her leg. She quickly grabbed onto Jasper and bit her lip. "Your majesty, perhaps it is best if you wait for a day when you obtain enough strength to walk." The maid suggested and Bella shook her head. "I shall not wait. I can make it." 

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbing a hold of his wife, Jasper kept a firm grip on Bella when she nearly toppled over him in effort to walk. Seeing the pain consuming her expression, Jasper looked away for a second, as if feeling the pain himself before he turned back towards Bella and gently picked her up in his arms, careful not to make the aching pain she was feeling worse. "Clear the way," the king demanded as he carried his wife to her bath. As the maids followed at his heels, Jasper shook his head. "You are dismissed," he declared simply. Setting his wife gently against the banister he quickly helped her undress before he laid her carefully into the warm water, watching her grit her teeth in excruciating pain while he rolled up his sleeves to tend to her. "Battle wounds are never merciful my love, but they must be cleansed," Giving her his free hand, Jasper carefully cleaned the gaping wound on her leg with the other. Rinsing away the dried blood, he was sure to be gentle with her as he moved on to her less obvious cuts and scrapes. "Relax," Jasper whispered gently as he wet her stiff hair. "You are almost finished. I promise, Deep breaths."  As the king was fully focused on the task at hand of caring for his beloved wife, he noticed her curious glances and just offered a smile. "What is it love?" He asked her almost amused by her blushing. 

Bella had become irritated by the maids who always thought they knew best. She knew never to be rude to them but at the moment she added pressure to her leg, she felt the excruciating pain through her entire body. It was all a pain worse then being stabbed. She bit into her lip hard as she felt Jasper hold her tight. Bella couldn't open her eyes or relax her tense body. The pain was too much to bare but before she knew it, she was in the water, gripping the side of the tub tightly to where her knuckles turned white before Jasper offered her a hand. She gripped it tightly as he tended to the gap which needed to be cleaned. Relaxing still wasn't an option for her as she tried to enjoy her bath but she watched Jasper curiously and smiled before she shook her head at his question. "i love you." She whispered simply. "Thank you for helping and caring for me after everything I have done to you." She added in the slightest of whispers before gripping his hand again. This was another very intimate moment for the king and queen. Intimate in a different way and that caused the blush to come across the queens cheeks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
"You are my wife, Arabella." Finishing her bath, Jasper helped her stand long enough to dry her off and carry her back to the bed where he helped her dress in clean clothes. Kissing her forehead, he brushed her hair and braided it. He had watched her enough times to know how to do on his own. "There." With a smile, he stared back at Bella and admired her while he brought her into a gentle kiss. 

Bella smiled as she looked at him and admired everything he did to care for her. It was a beautiful sight for Bella to witness and when he kissed her, she kissed him back gently and smiled as she looked at him before she held his hands. "Thank you, my lovely Jasper." She whispered softly before kissing his knuckles. "Shall we retire for the evening? I have not slept with you in the same bed for awhile." She said gently until she saw Charles run in. She laughed softly and shook her head. "Charles, what are you still doing awake at this hot?" She asked him softly before he sat in the bed with his p

Charles just shrugged, emitting a notorious giggle as he hugged his mother gently. "No sleep!" the toddler protested into his mother's neck. 

"Yes sleep," Jasper interjected as he intervened, prying his son from his mother, who in turn began to wail in dissatisfaction. "Charles enough, it is time for bed now." 

"Okay daddy..." Charles whimpered through his tears as he wiped away his over exaggerated tears with his fists. When he was finally able to calm his breathing, Charles released a heavy yawn and gave into his lingering exhaustion as he laid his head onto his father's chest, falling asleep to the low mummer of Jasper's heartbeat.  Once he was definitely asleep, Jasper laid him in his bed before he joined his wife in their's. 

Bella smiled as she looked at her husband and watched her son and him as Charles found his sleep. Bella sighed softly as she looked at her husband and laid next to him, carefully moving closer against him before she closed her eyes and kissed him gently. "I love you, Jasper." She whispered softly as she ran her hands through his hair and watched him fall asleep. She loved him so much and she was going to fix everything she ruined. She made that promise to herself but the following day when Bella's presence was requested, she bit her lip as she asked her husband to take care of it. When he came back with a pale face however, Bella became worried. "Who is it?" She knew it had to be a visitor. The plague had left the land of France already and soon when the door opened, Bella's eyes grew wide at the sight of her dear cousin Elizabeth from England. 

"It is I, your dearest cousin from a land you consider to be nothing more than your unmerciful enemy, Queen Arabella. I had no choice but to make my presence unannounced for the safety of my beloved country with your husband at the head of France, ready to strike at any moment. He is a tigger happy savage."  Elizabeth hissed in the king's direction before she turned back to her cousin. "You cannot avoid your responsibility to England forever, Arabella." 

Arabella bit her lip as she listened to her cousin before she cleared her throats and stood up. "I can and I will, Elizabeth." She said sternly before she wrapped her duvet around her and walked over to her husband, standing right beside him. "You are the Queen of England, Elizabeth. My son will not be given to you for any harm I have done but I will also not travel to England considering the anger your country holds towards me. It would be wise of you to leave now before my husband calls for our loyal knights." She hissed as she watched her cousin closely. 

"So be it then Arabella. Keep your forbbiden heir. For he will not make up for the pure blood you killed in sport.  But consider all ties to England and its allies cut off to you. France and Scotland are now left feverishly on their own. Farewell cousin." Having nothing left to say Elizabeth trolled off back to her carriage to England, feeling victorious she just left her cousin and  her countries to their own demise. 

Bella sighed softly as she bit her lip and looked at her husband weakly as she held his hands in her own. "I am one of the worst queens ever. Our countries are alone now and I do not know how to care for them without the ties and allies we had with England." She whispered softly before she relaxed against her husband and sighed softly as she just stayed in his arms. "I am sorry for what I have done, for what I have put your country through." She whispered before taking a deep breath and looking at Jasper gently. 

"Arabella, we are a union and we must always take fault and victory together. France is your country as much as it is my own and Scotland too. You are not the worst queen to reign. This is a difficult war time for all of us. We will get through the fight my dear queen. Keep the faith. Through this trying time, our countries will come together and finally form a union as one. This could be the blessing we have waited so long for. Do not be so quick to assume devastation. Our people are proud of who they are and their faith in their country does not lessen in the face of tragedy." Holding his wife in a secure embrace he kissed her head for reassurance. Jasper felt so guilty that he put Arabella through all this. She was still so young, he should have considered her more when he decided to lead with her at his side. In her short reign, she has already seen more devastation and hardship than most leaders would in an entire lifetime and he could see as her husband the toll it was taking on her. "I am sorry for putting you into such a position, you do not deserve the ill treatment it has brought upon you." 

Bella bit her lip before she looked up at her husband and sighed softly, smiling gently and shaking her head. "I chose to accept the position we bother promised one another. I am young for a queen, we both know of this. The devistation and and hardship I am faced with will only strengthen me. I shall be alright. Let us get dressed. We have a court to address." She said simply as she kissed his cheek and went towards her closet, pulling out a red dress and sighing softly when she felt Jasper hold her. "I love you, Jasper. You and our wonderful heir, our son. Both of you are my world. As long as I have you both, I can make it through any trial thrown at me. I must keep my faith and trust in our union. We will make it through this hardship like the many others we have." She whispered and kissed him lovingly one last time. "I shall dress Charles once I am finished with myself." 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back