• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Long Lost Summers

Angel realxes on the couch with maya and wraps an arm around her shoulders. He glances towards the stairs. “Bath!” He calls back and turns back to the tv.

Maya frowned a little and looked over at him. “What if you have another seizure?” She mumbled. It would make the fourth one that week. It was only Wednesday. She was scared at the moment. She was having to watch her dad deteriorate almost on a daily basis. And he’d lost so much eejvhf it didn’t even look like her dad anymore.

Angel frowns and looks down at her. He hated how much this was scaring her. “I won’t. I think the new medicine they gave me for it will be better.” He murmurs and carefully gets up. He heads upstairs carefully. “Babe...I..I think maybe we should but me back in the hospital or assisted living or something.” He tellsbher as he sits on the bed, already out of breathe.

Val frowned and poked her head out the bathroom, going over to sit with him and carefully held him close to her kissing his cheek. “Honey I’m not letting you be stuck somewhere without us.... what if we have a nurse come make a couple visits a day?” She suggested quietly and gently ran her fingers through his hair.

Angel shakes his head. “I don’t mind you taking care of me, but it’s scaring Maya. I hate that I’m doing that to her. Maybe it’s best she just remembers me how I was before this went down hill.”

She shook her head as a couple tears fell. “I need you at home with me papí.” She murmured kissing his shoulder and holding him close. “I can’t have you away from here not knowing how you’re doing all the time.” She whimpered a little and kissed his cheek. “I love you. And I made a promise when we got married last year that I would always be here and I’m not letting you go away unless you absolutely have to.” She mumbled.

Angel frowns. “I don’t wanna leave you guys. I love you and I wanna spend my last days with you, but we have to think of maya. This isn’t fair to her.”

She frowned some “either way she won’t be happy babe.... we have to work this through.” She murmured and kissed his cheek. “You’re staying home.” She murmured and kissed his cheek again getting up to go get a drink and a snack to bring upstairs again.

She sighed quietly when she got back to their room and sat next to him, passing him a chip. “You remember the day maya was born?” She asked him quietly, setting her food on the side and laying with him cuddling in close to him.

She giggled a bit. “You were nervous? You weren’t the one pushing a watermelon out of an orange sized hole.” She giggled and snuggled him close. “But I wasn’t scared.... you know why?” She asked him quietly.

She smiled some and watched him. “Cause I had you and we had maya and I knew we would make it work no matter how hard it got. And I was right... the three of us made it through a lot of problems.... my point I’m trying to make is that even if she’s scared... I will talk to her but when three of us are together... we are all of us better for it.

“You never could possibly.” She murmured and kissed his head. “Get some rest baby. I’m gonna go check on the teenager.” She murmured and kissed his cheek then got up and wandered downstairs to see maya, sitting next to her. “What are you thinking about?” She asked her.

Angel nods and curls up some more. He covers up and was soon out.

Maya looks up at her mom and shrugs. “Nothing.” She murmurs and curls up more. She glances back at the tv and lays her head on her hand.

“Come on sweetheart, talk to me... we gotta get things off our chest at the moment. It’s not good to bottle this sort of thing up.” She told her nodding towards where angels medications were sitting on the side and she got up for a moment to tidy everything up for him

She frowned some and nodded. “I know maya I know. I don’t want him to go either but all we can do is be there for him and make sure he knows that we love him and that he stays comfortable for as long as possible.” She smiled at her w little.

Val smiled and pulled her in close. “You know when you were first born you would curl up into a little ball and sleep right up by my neck if I held you still enough. You fit there for like two weeks before you were too big for it.” She smiled some

She nodded and smiled some. “You were really small. But that’s okay. Us short ones have more fun.” She winked and smiled. “Tomorrow, I’m gonna take him in for a check up... we’re gonna talk to them about what would best, keeping him at home or what other options we have.” She explained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back