• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Long Lost Summers

Angel smiles and chuckles softly. He picks her up and carries her up to bed, laying her gently on the bed. He goes to eat something and plays on his phone.

She slept through the night getting up in the morning and hearing Angel on the phone with James before watching him rush out the front door frowning a little before going to turn the news on and seeing there had been a ten car pileup after a shooting on the main road into town sighing quietly and going to get dressed so she could go down to the studio.

Angel rushes down to the scene, not even bothering to go to the station first. He meets up with James and hugs over. “What do they want us to do?” He asks.

James frowned some “Angel wasn’t an accident.” He muttered seeing the chief had a guy on the ground in handcuffs. “Uh... fire crews got out everyone that was alive. We have to start documenting who’s been killed.” He muttered “You can take the blue car there.” He mumbled and walked off to do another car.

There was a man and woman in the front seat and in the back was a baby’s car seat but despite the fire services survey there was loud crying coming from the car seat and a tiny baby was in there. No more than a couple weeks old.

Angel frowns and quickly gets the baby out. He wasn’t sure how stable the car was. It seemed to be leaking gas. He holds it close and rocks the baby girl gently. “Shh you’re okay now. You’re okay.” He murmurs and glances around for any remaining ambulances. He gets on the radio. “James one of the cars had a survivor. Baby girl, maybe two weeks old at most.”

James frowned and walked over seeing him holding a baby. “Shit. Parents gone?” He asked him. “Chief!” He called him over.

He walked over to the two of them and sighed some. “Won’t get an ID on the parents for a few days, that was an out of state plate, child services won’t be able to get into town bout the same time.... Lorna be okay looking after a baby?” He asked James but paused and turned to Angel when he butted in.

Angel shakes his head. “Me and Val can look after her. It’s no trouble.” He tells the chief and smiles. Go be honest he was already attached to the little girl. He smiles down at her and rubs her back. Maybe Val would like her too, cheer her up.

He nodded and looked down at the child. “Keep all receipts and you’ll be paid back for all expenses.” He told him.

Val was teaching a class when her phone rang and she went to answer it quickly telling her class to finish cooling down. “Hey babe what’s up?”

Angel nods at his chief and heads over to his car. “Hey honey. Um we’re gonna have a house guest for a little bit.” He murmurs and rocks the little girl gently. “A baby girl survived the pileup and child services can’t deal with it for a few days.”

She frowned some “Okay... are you serious?” She asked him and started smilinga little. “Alright. Do I need to come pick her up?” She asked him quickly and said bye to the kids when they finished finally and locked up the studio to go get the baby.

Angel smiles. “Meet me at the hospital. I’m gonna take her in to make sure everything’s okay and then you can take her home.” He tells her. He hangs up and gets in the car, holding her close. He takes her to the hospital and gets her in for a quick check up.

Val met him there and smiled taking the tiny bundle into her arms. “Oh Hey there tiny princess.” She cooed to her. “Does she have other family?” She asked him quietly. She was so desperate for her own children at this point.

Angel shrugs. “No clue. They won’t be able to get an ID on the parents for a few days.” He murmurs and smiles at her. “So she’s ours for a bit, until child services can come by.”

She just nodded and frowned some more. “Oh... okay.” She mumbled bouncing her gently when she got a bit fussy but sighed still. “I guess a few days is better than nothing Huh?” She mumbled and walked out to the car to take her home texting Angel a list of stuff to pick up on his way home that evening.

Angel sighs softly. He knew it wasn’t the answer she wanted, but he promised if she didn’t have family, he was gonna try to adopt her. He heads back to work and sighs soflty.

James glanced over at him as he got in. “You got more paperwork to do to be looking after that kid.” He told him. “We ran the plates. They belong to a Sophie and Jack Hanson up in Oregon, we’re just tryna see if we can track down some family already or not.” He told him “I hope Val isn’t getting too attached.”

Angel sighs softly and sits down at his desk. “I think we passed that stage already.” He mutters. “Hell I don’t think she’s the only one you’ll have to worry about being attached anyway.” He chuckles softly and pulls the paperwork out of the file, starting to fill it out.

Val was curled up on the couch with the tiny baby in her arms when he got home that night frowning seeing how bad he looked. “You okay handsome?” She asked him giving the little girl a bottle. “Do we know her name yet?”

Angel heads over to her and aifs down beside her. He smiles and rubs the little girls stomach. “Avery.” He murmurd and smiles at her. “Just been a long day.” He tells her and wraps his arm around her gently. “They found out she’s from orgean. Still trying to contacting family.” He murmurs and watches her.

She nodded and frowned. “If She has no family then would they still take her back to Oregon?” She asked him chewing on her lip. “And if they did take her back.... could we think about taking on a child ourselves?” She asked him curiously to see what he thought.

Angel watches her. “If there’s no family, I’m gonna try to adopt her, if it’s okay with you. If they do take her, we can defiantly look into adoption.” He murmurs.

Angel takesher gently and taps her back gently. He rocks her gently and smiles at her. He glances at Val and squeezes her hand. “Would it be better if I had one of the other guys take care of her?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back