• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Long Lost Summers

James nodded then cracked a beer and passed him the other one sitting on his couch and making him change it over to something else until he felt that Angel was doing alright again and he left to go home for the night.

Val got up in the morning and sighed quietly. She was nervous but excited all at the same time. She got up and got herself some breakfast. Just something light tosettle her stomach then opened the door to her two bridesmaids. Both of them good friends that had flown in from New York last week. “Let’s get this show on the road.l she smiled letting them help her start getting ready.

Angel wakes up and gets his suit out. He starts getting ready and smiles a little. He had to try one more time. James has been right, he couldn’t give up without a fight. He looks over at the picture of their daughter and kisses it softly. “Wish daddy good luck munchkin.” He murmurs and heads out.

Val was having some lunch with the girls. They’d been doing preparations all morning and once they were done eating it would be time for hair and makeup and then getting in the dress. She paused though hearing someone ring the doorbell and left her food there going to answer it frowning seeing Angel. “Hey, everything okay?” She asked shocked that he was there

Angel nods and watches her. “I got your letter. I know you couldn’t officially invite me, but I’m gonna be there.” He tells her and watches her. “Because I think you’re making a terrible mistake.” He murmurs.

She frowned a little and took a deep breath “Angel... Please..” she frowned as he cut her off and she just listened and watched him. She could give him that courtesy at least.

Angel stops her. “Please just listen to me. I love you and I always have. I was working up the nerve to go to New York and tell you I wanted to try again, but then you came back with him. I still didn’t want to give up though. We had a daughter together, we were happy and I don’t think what happened should be the reason we throw that all away. I understand you had to get away, but your back now and you deserve a man who’s gonna worship the very earth you walk on. Travis isn’t that man. You’re the girl I know I was meant to spend the rest of my life with.”

She watched him frowning some and bit down hard on her lip. He always did know exactly what she needed to hear. And she missed him terribly. “Angel I... I made my mind up yesterday... the way we’ve been lately ... it’s not healthy.” She mumbled not realising she was crying. She did love Travis with all her heart. They’d been so happy until they’d moved back. “I’ll see you at the church.” She told him a little bit in shock and went to start getting ready.

Angel frowns as he watches her leave him again. How could she be in love with him. He couldn’t accept that she didn’t love him anymore. He had one more shot at this and he wasn’t gonna give it up. He sighs and heads to the church.

Val sat in the back of the car on the way to the church, opening the locket around her neck and watching the picture of maya. “I don’t know what to do sweetheart.” She whispered but the further she got to saying her vows the more wrong it was starting to feel. She walked down the aisle once they got there and stood next to Travis trying to smile st him until the minister asked if there was anyone who objected and to speak now or forever hold your peace.

Angel sat near the back, just waiting for those words. As soon as they left the pastors mouth, he bolted up. “I object!” He calls and makes his way into the aisle. “I’m not giving up that easily Val. You know this marriage is wrong.” He tells her and moves closer to her. “Don’t do this.”

Travis smiles and holds her hand. He glares when he sees angel stand up and looks at Val. “Babe come on. Are you really gonna listen to him? Don’t let him ruin this.”

She tended up and looked over at Angel then at Travis and finally she took a good long look around the room. These people weren’t her friends and family. These were all people she knew but they weren’t her people. They were all Travis. Even the ones she could consider more than acquaintances she wasn’t friends with. Not even really her bridesmaids... she took one last look at Travis and shook her head. “I’m sorry I can’t.” She whimpered and passed her flowers to her bridesmaid then walked back down the aisle to Angel quickly. “You better know what you’re doing.” She said quietly and smiled at him. It was the first time she felt truly free and as they walked out together quickly she was starting to see her relationship form an outside perspective and she was embarrassed she has let that happen and let him get that controlling.

Angel smiles and scoops her up. He spins her around and heads back out of the chruch with her. He had her and that’s all he could ask for. He holds her close and opens his door for her before getting in himself and heading to his place. “I love you Val.” He murmurs softly.

She took a deep breath and looked over at him smiling some. “I can’t believe we just did that.” She giggled and held his hand while he drove squeezing gently.

Angel smiles a little and nods. “I’m just happy you chose me.” He murmurs soflty and gets to her house. “Lets get your stuff before Travis gets back. I don’t want to have to turn into crowd control.”

She nodded and got out going into the house and getting as much of her stuff packed up as possible as quickly as possible. Anything she didn’t care too much about she left behind and all the jewellery he’d bought her she left as well plus the kitchenware but soon she had four suitcases packed and watched Angel throw them in the car while she got changed out of her wedding dress as fast as possible leaving it on the bed then went down to him again and held onto him tightly. “I don’t know why I didn’t do this with you sooner.” She murmured pecking his lips and went out to the car again.

Angel kisses her back softly and smiles. “That’s what I’m saying.” He teases and gets in the car. He heads back to his place and gets her stuff in his room. He places the suitcases on the floor and watches her. “You can stay here or in the guest room if your more comfortable with that.” He murmurs.

She looked around and nodded some. “I think... I should stay in the guest room... just for a bit.” She murmured slipping her arms around him. “You always did look good in a suit.... it’s weird... I don’t know why I couldn’t see what everyone was saying to me about it.... I don’t think I was in denial... I literally couldn’t see any of it myself.” She mumbled and rest her head on his shoulder. “Oh Angel you have her blanket.” She whispered stepping away from him and going over to his dresser with a photo of the three of them when they first got her home and then her baby blanket was folded up neatly next to it.

Angel frowns a little bit nods. He couldn’t expect her to act like the time away never happened. He nods a little and watches her. “I wanted to keep something.” She murmurs softly and watches her. “I keep it there all the time.” She murmurs softly.

She smiled and nodded. “That’s nice.... I have a whole bunch of her stuff in storage at the moment. I think I’m ready to start going through it though... you wanna order some pizza?” She asked him smiling a little and went to get her shoes off going to check what he had in his fridge feeling just as comfortable in his house as she had when they lived together before.

Angel smiles a little and nods. “Yeah. Order whatever you want.” He tells her and moves her bags over to the guest room for her. He places them by the door and out of the way before heading downstairs. “I don’t have much in the fridge. Mostly beer and soda.” He chuckles. “I haven’t had time to go grocery shopping.”

She just nodded and smiled at him sorting out some pizza then sat next to him on the couch, crossing her legs and facing him. “I know I owe you an apology... a very big one... but you know that I’m not great with words.... so I just gotta make it up to you instead.” She murmured taking his hands in hers tightly.

Angel kisses her head softly and shakes his head. “It’s okah.” He murmurs soflty and rubs her hand. He smiles at her and starts eating.

She glanced over at her phone as it kept ringing while they are and every time it was Travis’s number coming up. “I’m gonna have to talk to him at some point.” She muttered as she finished eating and took the box to his kitchen digging out some Tupperware to put it in before returning once it was all cleaned up, sitting next to him and snuggling in close again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back