• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Long Lost Summers

Travis frowns. “She’s my mother Val. I’d like you two to get along. Maybe you could be the bigger person and stop being so rude to her.” He mutters and crosses his arms.

She frowned some “I have spent the last five years trying Babe. She’s horrible to me every time we see them and I can’t do it anymore. I love you but I’m not in this relationship for your mother. You heard her last time. She said I will never be part of the family. If she doesn’t want that then fine.” She muttered. “But I will not be spoken to like that in my own home and certainly not two days before we get married.”

Travis shakes his head. “You haven’t given her a reason to want you part of the family. You’re always rude to her, you never take what they eat into consideration when you cook. If anyone’s make this difficult it’s you.” He tells her and goes back to his family.

She grit her teeth and took a moment to calmly collect herself before going back out there and straight over to him. “You are not in charge of me Travis let me remind you and I will not be spoken down to nor will I allow you to shove me around like you’ve been doing so you better clean your act up real quick or let me know that you can’t so we can turn this thing round. Lauren if you’re going to always sit there and complain about how I run my house or how I cook then I suggest the first thing you do is get out of mommy and daddy’s house before you judge me. Janice I have indeed had a child before. A beautiful little girl who was taken from me just after her first birthday and I have never ever been made to feel worthless about that until today and you are never going to again do I make myself clear? Same goes for you. Complain about the way I cook or what I make for you guys then answer my emails or my texts when I send them to ask what you would like me to make! As for you Mark I’m very sorry you’re having to see any of this side of me but truly I have had it up to herewith people thinking they can treat me how they like and I know you would be appalled to find out that your son put me in the hospital recently and is now really on his last warning. Now if you’ll excuse me that pizza guy just got here. I need to pay him.” She smiled and walked out the room

Travis watches her and is left to sea with the mess after she leaves. He tries to clam his mother and sister down while also explaining that it was no big deal to his father. He finally gets them all in the car and takes the to a hotel for the night, getting himself a room as well. He didn’t want to deal with her tonight.

Mark frowned and stood leaning against the wall watching the three of them arguing and just shook his head. “Enough! Lauren stop crying god knows she’s right. You’re 24. Get out of our house and find your own.” He told her. They’d been telling her for months to find her own place. “Janice I know you don’t like her but I’m appalled honey at the way you speak to her. She has tried so hard to get you to accept her and every time you find something wrong and make her feel horrible. As for you son what in God’s name did you think you would achieve by beating her?! We raised you better than that. If you’re lucky she will still be there by morning and if not then don’t go looking anywhere but the mirror for the blame!” He told him. “Go home to herright now and you fix this.” He warned him sending him out.

Travis sighs and shakes his head. He wasn’t a child anymore who had to listen to everything his parents told him. He couldn’t deal with her right now. He goes to his own room he booked and plops on the bed. He’s talk to her in the morning when she calmed down. Right now he was too angry.

Val woke up to the phone ringing and groaned a little pulling herself out of bed and went to answer it hearing Travis voice on the other end. “Hey... I guess we need to talk huh... get home. I’m not doing this out in public.” She muttered and hung up rubbing at her face. She didn’t know who he was anymore and it was freaking her out that if they couldn’t fix this then soon it would be too late.

She wandered downstairs still in pyjamas but all cleaned up and took a seat opposite him sighing heavily. “Why did you ask me to marry you?” She asked him quietly and got up for a moment to get some juice then sat down again.

Travis watches her. “Why does anyone ask? I love you.” He murmurs and watches her. “I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you.” He shrugs a little and sips his coffee.

She swallowed a little and frowned. “I love you too. And I do want to spend the rest of my life with you but you are not the Travis I fell in love with... you used to stand up for me with your mom. And you know now that it’s her that’s nasty to me. I know last night I wasn’t exactly biting my tongue but it needed to be said. She uses me as a doormat when she’s here... god Travis we were getting back on track until yesterday.... we were happy again.” She mumbled rubbing at her face a little.

Travis sighs softly. “And that’s just something we’re gonna have to deal with. I can’t make them like you. It was fine when you both just make smart remarks but last night you were out of control. You can’t just go around snapping at people like that. And to tell my parents what happened between us was uncalled for!”

Val sighed heavily. “Don’t yell. I’m not yelling at you. We are trying to have a calm conversation about this... yes I know and to you I’m sorry about it but I’m not apologising to them. That’s off the table... Travis I love you and I want to marry you still but are we gonna be happy?” She asked him. She needed to know that he still wanted to go ahead with it or not.

Travis frowns and shakes his head. “You’re the one having outbursts at my family. You’re the one that questions this engagement every other minute. Why don’t you answer that question.”

She took a deep breath and leaned back. “Don’t. I told you that I’m not apologising for last night after the shit your mom puts me through every time we see her. I only told the truth and I will not be made to feel guilty about it. Enough said. We aren’t talking about that anymore.... are you willing to work through our issues? Or am I gonna hit a stubborn wall every time we talk?” She mumbled. “That’s really the issue here. Of course I questioned us. Suddenly you were controlling my every move and you were abusive Travis... hugely so.” She muttered.

Travis looks at her and crosses his arms. “Not what you told the judge. I thought you told everyone I wasn’t abusive, even told me I wasn’t. You forgave me for that so don’t try to use it agaisnt me again.” He mutters and crosses his arms. “I’m getting sick of the back and forth. I’ve never waived with wanting to marry you so why don’t you figure out what it is you want.”

She frowned and got up pecking his cheek and cleared the dishes then went to get dressed and headed to the studio. It was the best place she could be whenever she needed to think. She spent the whole day there getting work done but also spending some time to herself dancing, coming home once it was dark and walked inside going over to Travis on the couch and slipped her arms around him from behind kissing his head. “I love you... and we are going ahead with tomorrow and we will work through our problems.” She murmured and kissed his head again holding onto him.

Travis pats her hand softly and then rubs her arm. “Good. Now I don’t wanna hear anymore doubting it.” He mutters. “I can’t keep doing that.” He murmurs and kisses her cheek. “I’m heading to bed. I’m probably gonna be fine before you get up tomorrow. I got help set up the church.” He murmurs and kisses her softly. “Get some sleep beautiful.” He murmurs and heads to bed.

She nodded and smiled some kissing him back and feeling a little more prepared now finally ready to say her vows tomorrow.

Jake headed over to Angels with a couple beers and walked in finding him sitting on his couch vegetating. “Hey man, thought you could do with some company tonight. I know it’s gonna be rough tomorrow.” He pointed out.

Angel looks over at him and shrugs. “I don’t wanna talk about it.” He mutters and stuffs another handful of chips in his mouth. He wasn’t sure what else he could do. He told her how he felt. She didn’t want to hear it though.

James rolled his eyes a little. “Uh huh... and that’s why you’re watching all her dance videos on YouTube right?” He chuckled some. “She’s not married yet.... you could always try one last time before she walks down that aisle.” He pointed out.

Angel throws a chip at him. “Shut up.” He grumbles and runs a hand through his hair. “I’ll never get in. She didn’t invite me.” He mutters and sighs softly.

James grinned. “Oh yeah? Look what got found at the station.” He told him showing him the letter with his name on. Not an invitation but this one was on a piece of paper and it said that she wanted him there. After all they’d been best friends since they were born before they ever got together and she missed him like that so it would mean the world. To her if he came to the ceremony. “There’s your entry ticket.” He grinned. “Go on.... what have you got to lose now? Try and get your girl back.” He encouraged.

Angel takes the letter and reads it over. Maybe he didn’t have a chance. He nods a little and places the letter on the counter. “I guess I have a wedding to crash tomorrow.” He chuckles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back