• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Lonely and Afraid

Okay, fine he'd not touch her ever again. That was not a problem. "Look, I know you hate me and that's great, I could care less what you think about me. I'm not here to be your friend. I'm just doing what I'm told. Now then, about your medicine. Is there any way you can get another prescription that we can go pick up?" he asked. He might be the bad guy here, but even he knew how important medicine was to someone who needed it to live.

Looking over at him, she stretched out her short legs. Standing up, she stretched, looking at him. “Explain to me, why? Why, are you here and not out on a Friday night? Or going to school? Why are you so afraid of your father?” Tilting her head to one side she looked at him, pushing a long piece of hair from her face. She was good, at getting right to the point and this just happened to be no different. “Tell me.” Clicking her tongue, she leaned over the arm of the couch.

What? Well now, that was unexpected. Emmet stared at her and backed away the moment she stood up. "Well see, this isn't fair. I asked you a question first." he started and glanced at his front door then at her again. "Why would I be out there? If I was, who'd watch over you?" he asked. "School? Nah, finished that a while back now." he answered and flinched when she mentioned his father. "My da...well you wouldn't understand. Why should I tell you anything anyway? I don't need to tell you anything Elaine." he answered simply and crossed his arms across his chest as he looked at her.

She laughed at him softly.
“God, no wonder your father keeps you here. Your so easy to ireate, could you imagine having to talk to anyone other than yourself?” Clicking her tongue she licked her lips, “you need to go to the doctors to get a prescription. And since I’m not allowed to leave.” She shrugged, tilting her head she’d die, actually die. “I’ll die.” Doing her best to mask the fear in her own voice, she crossed her arms looking at the young man. “What are you planning on doing? Waiting here for daddy to let you out? Like a caged animal.”

"Shut up!" he said, raising his voice. "I'm not locked in here, I can leave whenever I want but now I can't exactly unless I bring you with me and I'm not going to do that. Secondly, I've talked to other people before. I used to have friends but due to health problems I basically dropped them like dead fish." he muttered and rolled his eyes. "Can't you have them fax the doctor? I mean, is an appointment really the only way for you to get your medicine?" Emmet looked at her, "I don't want my da to come here but you seem very interested in him all of a sudden despite what he was doing last time. If you want to see my da so bad, I can always call him over and tell him you want to see him. I'm sure he'd be very happy to see you too and this time maybe I'll just watch instead of try to stop him, yeah? Sound good?"

“Oh wait you can’t bring me outside because your father, told you to kidnap me. And like a psycho child, you followed his absolute every word! No! I’m not interested in anyone, I’m trying to tell you how fucked up you and your father actually are!” She was frustrated, annoyed and even angry. She was yelling at a stranger, but this man had thrown her into a back of a van and taken her life from her, because another human being told him to. The idea made her sick, how someone could be so easily swayed.
“You took a stranger off the street and then he realized it’s the wrong one. Yet do you know whose going to be blamed? Do you know whose he’s going to put the blame on? You! You! You god damned fool!”

"Oh yeah, I'm the messed up one. Yeah. I'm the one who fucking drugs up his kid if he doesn't do what he's told.. Yeah, I'm the messed up one!" He yelled back at her. "I know I'm the one that's going to be put away! I know this Elaine! God dammit! I don't want you here! I want you gone! I want to be left alone because I cannot be with people. I'm too much baggage. I'm too much to deal with. I'm the mistake, I'm the issue, I'm the bad person." he said and took a deep breath then exhaled and looked at her, tired of yelling. "You can yell all you want Elaine. It's not going to change anything." he said and tilted his head. "Do you even know what I've been through? Would you go against your father even if he stuck needles in you every single time you spoke out?"

“I don’t want to hear, your h daddy made me do this, daddy made me do that WHEN YOUR KEEPING ME HERE. YOU!” She was always told she had a short fuse, even though she was more than certain she started this conversation. Yet how much, can you blame on your parents, as an adult. “Let me go. Just let me walk out the door and get farther than I did before. Nobody will have to know I was even here, nobody has to know how to find me.” She was reasoning with him now, reading in with someone who was too scared of a his father to do the right thing she was sure.

"You want me, to let you go so that when my father finds out he could beat me and drug me and hurt me? Is that what you're asking me to do?" he asked and walked to the front door then looked out the peep hole. Nothing, if she did leave, his father wouldn't find out unless he visited. Maybe...maybe he could go into hiding as well? Although, he wouldn't know where exactly. He'd have to move, maybe even get a new job. Call the police and hope that they arrest his father and not him.

“No, I want you to let me go and grow a spine and do what is actually right!” God why was she actually having this conversation!? She was locked up, in a space she didn’t even belong! She just wanted to find her way back, not even caring about her phone of her wallet those things could be replaced, not her life.

Emmet listened to her and glanced back over his shoulder. "If you do go...you promise not to tell anyone anything?" he asked her. He had to be sure he could trust her. If she lied to him then it wouldn't end well for either of them. His father might not like him but if someone else hurt Emmet, his father would have their heads. That was probably the only good thing about his father. If it weren't for all the drugs, his father would actually be a nice guy and maybe none of this would have ever happened because Emmet's mom would still be around.

“Oh. My. God.” Elaine rolled her eyes dramatically as she pushed past him, why did he have to overthink every little detail. Just jump!
This time she was out the door and running, running down the street and soon caught in a city she didn’t understand. She looked like garbage and of course stupidly left her wallet and things behind. It wouldn’t last long though, for Emmet’s father to realize she was gone.
To catch her one last time.

"W-wait! It was just an honest question." he muttered and panicked when he saw her run off. Quickly, he slammed the door closed and locked it then stared at the phone. He was debating calling the police, but what would he say? That his father had hurt him? Would they even believe him? His father! His father was going to be very upset when he found out about this and Emmet knew he'd find out about it because he'd hound him until he told him what happened.

Do you know what it’s like to kick and scram for your life, and have nobody hear you?
Yeah, well Elaine didn’t either. Until today. Walking through the city the air was cold. Cold enough to mesh right through her shirt and into her bones.
It only took her stopping st one street to try to fix her clothes before she was grabbed. And this time thrown, not placed throwing into a very hard steal metal van. It felt like being thrown into a very large tin can, and then being hit over and over again.

Emmet had picked up the phone and hesitated before hanging up and going to her room where he picked up the cellphone and wallet then hid them in the drawer in his own room again. He was waiting, waiting for the phone to ring or the front door to be banged against loudly. His father lived off of seeing him frightened. Emmet thought back to what Elaine had said before she left. Grow a spine and do what's right. Yes, he had to do that. He wasn't going to let his father push him around anymore, he couldn't. What would his mother want him to do? Put an end to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back