Login Here

"The weak alway gaff." Jack told herself. "Still, you'd make for a nice decoration yourself half-elf."

Entering advanced stealth, Jack slipped away from everyone's view, including the angel's as it was searching the graveyard for it's assailant.

"So, how do you prefer to die? A slash to the throat? A stab to the ribs? Maybe you perfer it down the back?

Jack taunted the mage as she moved around stealthed.

"I'll let you chose how you go."

Sizniche Sizniche

Well shit, Clancy thought, if I have to respawn again, I might as well get a laugh out of this encounter. He gave a chuckle, put his hands on his hips, and tapped his foot.

"You know, I've been giving that name some thought... Lord Haruis... why Lord Haruis? Maybe he isn't even a god. I dunno, it sounds more like a petty noble name to me."

He activated his Dance of Blades ability in case he needed to dodge an attack.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

"Tsk, then give him your complaints yourself."
Jack poured magic into her dagger as she used the apply deadly poison skill and unstealthed as the dagger flew out of her hand and sailed towards Clancy's side.

"H-hey Mahan, we need to hurry! Clancy says he's probably with the Ripper!"

Picking up speed, Lurie fell into a dash for the graveyard as she urged Mahan to move faster.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Sizniche Sizniche

Mahan picked speed and wondering why he was holding back. Because of his new stats he was actually faster than Lurie. Then it hit him like a flash.

"Don't worry Lurie we'll get there in no time." He picked up in speed and before he left Lurie behind he picked her up into his arms. It had dawned on him that she would be slower than him so this was the only way to stick together.

In no time at all they were at the gates to the graveyard and Mahan carefully let Lurie down. Not even a second later he could hear the sounds of foot steps. Looking around the corner into the graveyard he could see Clancy getting sliced by a dagger.

"Lurie we have a big problem," he whispered.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Clancy narrowly dodged the attack and saw Mahan and Lurie. He then remembered they can't fight, before focusing back on Jack to prepare to dodge the next attack. Clancy somewhat regretted dragging them into this.

"Hey, you're pretty quick, arent ya? You almost hit me." He gave a taunting grin before his ability ran out.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 RaynaFon RaynaFon

Well, this is disappointing. Prrrgadilly crossed his arms invisibly as the Unlove did nothing. Knowing how fleeting 30 seconds were, he began to circle the battling angel and Jack carefully. He wasn't dead yet, and he fully intended to try and send Liliana home again. Cautious to stay out of Jack's line of sight, he ducked behind a tombstone and waited as the player, Clancy, gained Jack's attention. Once he was sure that Clancy had Jack's full attention, he crept his way towards Liliana as he tried to come up with another way to send her home.

"Beloved Hathor, I invoke your name as a Child of Light, and beg you to call your wayward servant, Liliana home." The Unlove skill was his best idea, so Prrrgadilly resorted to prayer hoping that was the answer. It wasn't as if he could force an angel to do anything, and he certainly couldn't reason with her if she was trying to craft a love stronger than death. Of course, he hated just grasping at straws, but time was of the essence, and the guildmaster of Eclipse had just arrived with another player. Goddamnit...

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 RaynaFon RaynaFon Sizniche Sizniche

Braven saw the notice appear and thought,
"Wow, the event is over already, weird?" Although the event concluded, Braven was slightly happy because he could finally grind. But then again, he never went to go and search for the Angel and the only one who got the rewards was a player named Prrrgadily.
"Well, lucky him"

"Isn't he the player who was looking for a duel? Well, maybe he has found his match! By the way, I liked the way that silly cupid was messing with NPC... But events won't last forever..." Marvel repilied Braven's comment on the latest notification. "Does it mean we can go hunting again? That's an easier way to spend our time..." She asked him.

"Yeah, you're right it would be a better way to spend our time now that the event is over" Braven replied,
"So where do you want to go to? I'm really up to go anywhere"
Then, Braven was overjoyed that he could finally grind again.

"I haven't thought of that today. I usually choose beasts that I can handle but if we work together we can defeat stronger ones. What's your safe line for beasts?" marvel asked. She felt excited about working in a team after a rather long time.
Kirby3178 Kirby3178

"Well, I really only take on things that are lower than my level or beasts that are at least 3 levels above me, but besides that I'm flexible"
Braven awaited a response.

"Heeehh!"
Jack looked around when she heard the voice of Prrrgadilly and Hathor. Before she could even act, the angel disappeared from sight. Suddenly it dawned on her that she had failed. Holding her head she tried to figure out what to do.

"No, no...this isn't right...that's not the way it was supposed to go. What to do? I know, maybe Lord Heruis will be pleased if I offer you all up instead."

Drawing anothet knife, Jack used her summon spectral assassin skill, who went after Clancy as Jack used Teleport Strike against Prrrgadilly.

"Become my new offering ok?"

"H-hey!" Surprised by Mahan suddenly picking her up, Lurie shouted out, but didn't have much time to react due to how fast he was running. Before she could do anything else Mahan had put her down infront of the graveyard. Struggling to regain her balance, Lurie watched as Clancy dodged a dagger.

She was happy he was still ok, but then Jack attacked both him and the other elf mage.

"Watch out you two!" Lurie casted her shield on the both of them.

"We need to leave!"

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Sizniche Sizniche Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

"So, we should be able to defeat a lvl3 if we attack in sync, right? Shall we try it?"Marvel asked with glimmering eyes then searched her notes for a suitable lvl3 beast. "Which one to take on... is there any drops that you want to gain?" She questioned again.
Kirby3178 Kirby3178

Prrrgadilly staggered slightly as Hathor's voice rang in his head. The game creators really paid excruciating attention to every detail. Recovering quickly, Prrrgadilly began casting his Magic Shield the moment he heard the high pitched ding that signaled one of his quick slotted abilities was available to be cast. Of course he wasn't fast enough to protect himself from Jack's teleport strike, but another player's shield was. Finishing casting his shield, he infused it with Air. "Stricken and still, Frost Bolt!" Infusing his Magic Bolt with Ice, he froze Jack in her tracks before dashing back from her using the speed boost of his shield. "I would have preffered this to end amicably, because there is nothing I can gain from engaging you in my current state, but you lack the foresight to understand we are better as allies." Speaking for only Jack to hear, Prrrgadilly prepared to cast Bind. "I have no intention of remaining within your reach Jack, but I have a debt to repay. Frostbound Shackles!" Waiting until the last second of the first freeze, Prrrgadilly struck her with an Ice-infused Bind reapplying the freeze without overlapping.

"My debt is repaid in full. This is your chance to escape, so take it." Prrrgadilly called out to the Eclipse healer that must've shielded him, and her guild master. Without waiting to see if they heeded his warning, Prrrgadilly made his exit. "Descend Lunacy." He was in the sky as soon as his silver dragon manifested.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 RaynaFon RaynaFon Sizniche Sizniche

Mahan wasn't fully aware of what happened until Hathor showed up to take the angel back. Unfortunately that just made Jack want everyone's blood who had been in her way. Luckily before she had a chance Lurie casted a shield and the elf mage started to use freezing spells to hold jack down. They weren't gonna have much time and the mages already ascending into the sky on the back of a dragon.

"Ike!"he screamed and just like the first his dragon was there to come save the day. He didn't wait for anyone to give him permission and grabbed Lurie and Clancy, throwing them onto Ike's back. "Both of you hold on, go Ike now!"

They shot up in the air just in the knick of time as that spell was going to last for ever. He even had wished that he made that freezing spell last longer when he first made it in the first place.

Once they were far enough for him to think they were safe he had Ike land in front of the Manor. He wasn't sure what they were gonna do next but he want to make sure that they were somewhere safe at least. Luckily there were guards patrolling nearby so Jack wouldn't come after them there.

"We should be safe now. Good job back there Lurie, had you not done anything I'm not sure we could've made it out."

"And Clancy are you ok? I didn't think you would of come across the Ripper when you said you were gonna go out mapping." Mahan wasn't surprised about how worried he was about Clancy. He had been doing dangerous stuff from the beginning so he seemed always be in a constant state of concern, well on the inside anyway.

RaynaFon RaynaFon Sizniche Sizniche

Getting Mahan's message, Loki jumped into focus and sent a message back.

"Hey, what's going on Mahan?"

Grabbing Yuna's hand, Loki hurried out of the store with the horse following after Yuna.

"Somethings going on with Clancy, we gotta find out what's going on!"

Enraged, Jack tried to escape from Prrrgadilly's bindings as he left.

"Allies? Then you would not have denied me my offering to Lord Heruis!"

Jack struggled more feverishly has she saw everyone escaping from her grasp. A red dragon appeared and carried away the gaffer, the paladin and the bothersome healer that had blocked her attack against Prrrgadilly. However, one who had denied her himself, Prrrgadilly, was still riding upon his silver dragon.
In terms of style, Jack admitted that he wasn't bad, however, there was a time and place for that, and she would teach him that this was not that place.

"Prrrgadilly...I shall remember you....if you don't die before we meet again."
He was too far for her to do anything to him, but that didn't mean she was out of options. Catching Lunacy's eyes, Jack smiled and actived Hostile Intent. The dragon, then became a fitting description of it's name, roaring and trying it's best to throw off it's owner.

"With this, I shall take my leave and bow out. Do try and survive, Agent of Hathor."

Giving Prrrgadilly and the raging dragon a bow, Jack stealthed and disappeared as a crowd was attracted by the crazed dragon.

Peeking out from behind one of the couches, Rita rushed out when she saw everyone.

"Clancy! Thank goodness you're alive!"

Rita hugged Clancy, when she saw he was alive. "You're crazy you know that?"

Sizniche Sizniche Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Summer Breeze Summer Breeze Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

Yuna looked up when she got the notification that the event was over "well that was quickly" she said, not bothered by it too much since she hadn't really participated in it. Then Loki grabbed her hand "something wrong with Clancy? mon dieu..." she said and quickly followed after Loki. she forgot all about the horse she just saw and just got worried about her friend. "where is he? we should go there!"

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Prrrgadilly watched as Mahan escaped with his guild mates on the back of a red dragon. He had yet to retreat from the graveyard simply because he saw no need; Jack couldn't reach him this height. He was sitting smugly atop his dragon watching as the frozen chains of his Ice-Bind fell away from Jack. There was something distinctly satisfying about getting one over on her and her ridiculous Lord Heruis. That Clancy guy was right; that name is just plain pretentious. Sitting lost in thought, Prrrgadilly was taken completely off guard when Lunacy suddenly threw him from her back. He spared a moment to see Jack bow and disappear before he remembered that he was falling to his virtual death. Right, first things first.

"Magic Bolt." Smiting the dragon lazily with a cold flash in his eyes, and a sneer, Prrrgadilly waited the obligatory 1.5 secs before re-summoning Lunacy, who was now calm, and halting his rapid descent. "You are so on my radar, Jackie boy. I send you to your precious little Lord Heruis. Right after I have my fill of your screams." He landed outside his shop and banished Lunacy with another Magic Bolt, to the face. Unlocking the door to his shop, and locking it again behind him, Prrrgadilly went into his backroom to draw up some plans. As he strode across the front of the store a memory of one of his nannies popped into his head; she'd always gotten archaic when she was pissed. "Oh yes, Nanny Martha. It is on like Donkey Kong."

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Mahan had finally gotten a response from Loki. Really he couldn't even be mad because even had they been there Back would of still been a problem. He didn't even have word from Plinto either so she wasn't the only late one.

"It's alright Loki we all made it out in one piece and are now back at the manor. Jack the Ripper is running around somewhere looking for blood so keep your guard up."

Meanwhile Plinto had found himself waking up on top of Loki's shop with a bunch of messages in the guild chat.

"Shoot, I better get to them now."

RaynaFon RaynaFon

"Well that went almost as poorly as it could have gone," Clancy said, "No one in the guild got the title, no one in the guild got the kill... we have a net displacement of zero." Clancy wasn't really upset, he just found the outcome rather anticlimactic. Plus, he wanted to catch up to the rest of the group in terms of fame. Well, there'd always be opportunities in the future.

For a brief moment, though, he had to applaud that mage, even though he didn't catch his name. I mean, obviously Clancy was going to push the next guy he saw with the title "Agent of Hathor" off of the nearest convenient long fall, but he had to appreciate for a moment how he figured it out. It was like one of those solutions to a riddle that's so simple you'd never figure it out. But of course, that mage did, and that mage got the title.

"Well, that was... an experience," he said. He looked over at Rita. "Don't worry, I'm fine." Then, he answered Mahan's question. "Oh, uhh... I figured out the clue for the event and went to the graveyard, but several people got there first." He didn't want to throw Rita under the bus and say that she was the one that lead him to a death trap.

He stood up and stretched. "Well, the day is almost out, thank goodness. And hey," Clancy looked at Lurie and Mahan, "I'm sorry I interrupted you guys. Honestly you were the last people I expected to show up, and I wouldn't have minded." He decided not to ask about the conversation he and Lurie planned to have, since he felt it would be rude after everything that happened today.

RaynaFon RaynaFon Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

"Alright, we'll met you there."

"Clancy is safe right now, Mahan has him back at the manor. Let's go and meet with them. Mahan said Clancy ran into the Ripper."

Walking with Yuna, and the horse in toll, Loki made her way back to the Manor, keeping an eye out to see if she was being followed and staying where there were crowds. Once they were finally back, Loki quickly opened up the door and called out to everyone.

"Hey! What happened you guys? Everyone alright?"

"Don't be dumb!" Lurie scolded Clancy. "It doesn't matter. If it's for a friend I'd help no matter what. We've gotta look out for each other right? Anyways, I'm just happy you're ok Clancy."

Lurie thought for a bit then asked.

"It's weird though, why as the Ripper there? She seemed to be upset when the angel disappeared."
Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Sizniche Sizniche Summer Breeze Summer Breeze

Mahan sighed a breath of relief that Clancy didn't put them in that situation intentionally. Unfortunately for Clancy, Lurie seemed to not want to go easy on him when he said he thought they wouldn't show up. He couldn't agree more with her but the guy didn't deserve to be scolded about it.

"Yeah man I have to agree with Lurie that no matter what we were doing that helping our friends is more important." Mahan looked over to the door opening to find Loki.

"Everything's fine, Clancy just got caught up by the Ripper by mistake when looking for the angel."

A second layer Plinto followed in behind Loki and Yuna.

"Uh so it seems that everyone did come out ok."

RaynaFon RaynaFon Sizniche Sizniche Summer Breeze Summer Breeze

"She was hunting the angel," Clancy answered Lurie's question, "the God of Death wanted it to add to his collection... for some reason."

He heard Plinto as he came into the room. "Yeah, we're all fine." He then shifted his attention back to the room. "So, do you guys have a spare room I can use? I need to lay down for a moment; my spine is killing me." Clancy hadn't slept on a real bed in the past six days, and dodging a faster character didn't exactly help. He was also tempted to ask if they had a place he could wash up, but he didn't feel it was a good time to ask.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 RaynaFon RaynaFon Summer Breeze Summer Breeze

"Oh, wait Clancy, did you still want to talk?"

Lurie called out to Clancy before he left. "I can show you too a room if you want. This place has seven so there's one for you too."

Lurie lead Clancy upstairs to the private quarters while talking with him. "So what was it you wanted to speak with me about?"

Loki was gald that everyone was fine, normally she wouldn't care about others, but she dose do what she can for those in her guild. That being said, this time she figured they needed to get stronger and also get some better gear. The standard stock is good for most, but Loki didn't want the standard. Most tend to think being gear carried way bad, but in a situation like this, where you're stuck in the game, any extra bit help when it comes to safety. Sure you can't actually 'die' in the game, but there's no telling what death does to your head afterwards.
Some of the playerbase never step foot out side of the city after death. Others have reported losing memories of the moments before their death. So anything that made them safer was what Loki wanted.

"Hey Mahan, mind if we talk a bit? Wanted to go over something with you that I planned on doing."

Sizniche Sizniche Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Users who are viewing this thread

Back