Login Here

Yuna looked at Loki when she said something that she didn't quite understand. She was about to ask what Loki had said but before she could say anythin, Loki suggested to take a look at the Pegasi.

Quickly Yuna walked over to their stables and she smiled wide when she saw them. They looked so magestic and magical! "Oh look Loki! They are absolutely wonderfull! Don't you think they are so cute?" she asked happily as she looked back and forth to the pegasi and to her friend.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

"Hungry?" Mahan hadn't even thought by about food the whole they had been out. Although just having the thought brought to him realize that he was hungry. Well except for the fact that he wasn't a big fan of seafood. Oh well it wasn't his favorite but the nicest thing he could do now was agree to take Lurie's recommendation.

"Sure it has been a day and I think we only had breakfast. It would be nice to end the day together by the docks."

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Tod smiled and shook the dwarfs hand as he said. "And maybe even get some great gear as well." He scratched his head and asked. "So were should we meet up tomorrow for our adventure?"
Hexblood Bandit Hexblood Bandit

Without a moment's pause Jorman replied, "where the forest begins on the edge of the city. We should make our way to the caves as soon as possible, as that is where more goblins should be." Swinging his bag over his shoulder Jorman said casually, "If that is all we need to plan for, then I should be on my way."
fuil fuil

Happy her idea was accepted, Lurie walked with Manah to the docks taking in the sights. To get to the docks, one needed to travel through the lower residential area well the middle to lower income residents of the City of Light lived. The houses where made out of wood and stone and the roads were plaved stone, unlike the higher residential area which used brick instead of stone. As the two got closer to the docks they could here the sound of ship bells ringing. The docks was a large collection of ships and werehouses that was important to the City of Light's wealth.
Not only did it supply the city with it's fresh water seafood, but also connected the city to the other villages by the huge lake. Aside from the many ships, the docks provided work for many of the city's lower residents.
Walking along the docks, Lurie spotted the restaurant that she liked. It was an unassuming little place. A few tables and chairs outside the building so customers could eat while enjoying the view of the lake along with rhe breeze. The building itself looked like a big hut than a restaurant. Many of it's guests were the sailors and dock workers that worked around the area.

"Come on, this is it!" Lurie said, urging Mahan to move faster.

"Thr lunch break should be ending soon so it shouldn't be as full!"

Loki laughed a bit as she looked at Yuna completely enthralled by the winged horses.

"I think they look more dignified than cute."
Loki answered Yuna while patting a grey pegasus.

"Well, what do you think? Want one?" Loki asked Yuna.
"I've got a place that I want to go to with you guys tomorrow, but we'll need to fly there. It'd be good if you have your own mount right? Heh, plus you seem to be enjoying them."

"I guess so." Rita replied. "Mr. Overcompensating is quite rude isn't he? If it was from the village a kid like that would get a beating for being disrespectful."

Rita shook her head.

"Oh well. Were are we off to now? There a certain place around here you'd like to map?"

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Summer Breeze Summer Breeze Sizniche Sizniche

Mahan followed Lurie as she lead the way and was taking in the sights. He hadn't spent much time checking out this side of the city so he was surprised by the difference. The rest of the city was designed to look bright and vibrant as if you were walking in paradise. Where they were now seemed to look more normal to him, like a town that you would find anywhere else. Well that isn't true as the view of the lake still gave it a beautiful quality that could only be appreciated in the city of light.

"Woah! Ok relax the place isn't just going to magically disappear." He said trying to move fast enough to keep up with Lurie. Funny thing was he thought about what he just said and actually the likelihood of that happening were higher than in the real world. It was a simple place that had all the essentials to serve up the food they had there. It even had a nice immersive feel with all the sailors and dock workers that were there.

"Nice pick Lurie, oh there is a table over here we can get," he said pointing to a table over to the side of the room with a view of the lake through a window.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

As the guards searched endlessly with no luck, a girl in a black dress walked through the city, her presence hidden from everyone. As she walked, she seemed to be holding a conversation with the skull she was carrying in her arms, but her face seemed to be focused on some place else. As if she were speaking to some distant person. The girl's eyes seem to return focus once she reached the place she was head, her body stopping at the black metal gate. The sign above read "City of Light's communal graveyard". Being behind the City of Light's church and nestled between the alleyways, the communal graveyard was silent, dim place the girl visited often. The gate squeaked from age and rust as the young girl entered the place.

She took a few steps before she broke the silence of the place, speaking to what looked like no one again.

"Beautiful isn't it? The people here can finally be at peace. I'm not sure what it is, that you're doing here for, but try not to bother their sleep while you're here please."

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Sizniche Sizniche Summer Breeze Summer Breeze MJ ._. MJ ._. Kirby3178 Kirby3178 Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly Hexblood Bandit Hexblood Bandit fuil fuil Cynthiera Cynthiera

Yuna nodded happily "yes, I do want one" she said "but I don't know which one to get, aren't they all so beautifull!"

She walked along all the stables. stopping by each one of them to give the pegasus inside a little attention. A lot of them were white, a classical pegasus colour, but Yuna didn't want a white one. She wanted one that was a little more unique.

She topped by the stable of a gray coloured pegasus with very long manes. She was very magestic with friendly eyes. A big smile broke through on Yuna's face. "Loki, look at this one, isn't she beautifull?" She said happily as she stroked the soft nose of the horse.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

"Hey there little missy!"

The restaurant owner greeted Lurie as she and Mahan sat down at a table they had found.
They restaurant owner was and older gentleman in his early sixties. His hair was starting to balded and grey, and his back was a bit slouched from lifting heavy weights for many years, though from his body you could see that he was a very fit man in his prime.
"How are you doing today Samual?"

Lurie smiled and greeted the man back. Sumal was in his usual spot, behind the bar counter cleaning off dishes and serving drinks.

"Oh, just fine missy, just fine. Who's this you've brought along today?"

"This is Mahan, my guildmaster." Lurie introduced Mahan to Samual. "And don't get any weird ideas ok?"

Samual laughed. "Alright, I get it. You two take your seats en a waiter will be with you in ah minute."

Returning to the other customers that were waiting for they're drinks, Samual let the two be.
Sitting down, Luroe could hear a group of npcs whisper behind her.

"Hey, did you hear?"
"Yeah, about the strange noises coming from the graveyard right?"
"Mhm, should we check it out?"
"You crazy? Leave that alone. Let the soldiers or nobles take care of that. I enjoy living."

As she was walking besides Clancy, Rita stopped in her tracks. Looking back at the city, Rita felt like something bad was happening in the pit of her stomach.

"Hey Clancy, let's head ro the graveyard instead. Something doesn't feel right."

She didn't know why, but suddenly she took off back to the city, running as fast as she could. It felt like something was drawing her there. She had to know why she was feeling this way.

Sizniche Sizniche Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Loki laughed at the sight of Yuna and the horse. "That is a nice one. How about we get her then? It seems to like you as well."

Calling over the shopkeeper, Loki paid for the pegasus.

"A fine mare. She can be a little rowdy, but she'll get you to where you need to go. Take care of her alright?"

Handing Loki the horse's whistle, the shopkeeper left when Loki said that was all they needed. Turning to Yuna, Loki put the whistle on her hand.

"You've got your very own mount now." Loki said with a smile.

Summer Breeze Summer Breeze

"Love that will surpass death itself? Guess it's time to make a detour." Prrrgadilly hadn't even left the church steps when the World Notification popped up in front of him. Immediately, Prrrgadilly started mentally listing places that could be associated with death in a city like this, and was down to the castle dungeons, hospitals/clinics, and burial grounds. Of course the church graveyard was the most likely, considering Liliana was still an angel. Besides, it was the easiest lead to follow from his current location, which was less than 100 feet from where he knew the gate leading into the communal graveyard to be.

"And behind door #1... Damn creaky, screeching hunk of melted down-" Prrrgadilly said under his breath as the gate made his presence known loudly, much to his annoyance. Before he could give the rusty old gate a proper lashing, he noticed that the graveyard was already occupied, by a girl in a black dress holding a skull. "Oh, hello. I didn't realize anyone was here. Sorry."

RaynaFon RaynaFon

"Hey, wait, wha—" He began to say, but Rita was already running back to the city. He chased after her in an attempt to catch up, but by the time he got to her they were already at the graveyard, along with two other people.

"Uhh, hello...?" He said, looking around the graveyard. The place gave him the creeps.

RaynaFon RaynaFon Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

"Oh my." The girl in the black dress stated as she turned around to the sound of the gate opening again.

"I don't normally has this many guests at one time. Today is quite busy isn't it?" The girl stated as both Rita and Clancy showed up at the graveyard .

"I'm excited to have so many guests here. Are you here to pay your respects to the silence? Unfortunately, today is a bad time."

The girl walked over to a gravestone that read "Henry T. Wlatsion" and placed the skull she was carrying ontop of it.

"See, I've been asked by Lord Heruis, God of Death, to put a stop to the plans of a certain trouble maker, who has stepped out of their bounds and is looking to disturb the beautiful silence. Isn't that right?"

With a cold smile, the girl looked up into the air. A flash of light illuminated the graveyard. As it faded a bright figure with wings hovered in the air a frown on it's face as it looked down at the girl.

"Ah, but where are my manners to my guests?" The young girl bowed, holding the sides of her dress.
"My name is Jacquelyn Les Xaner. Though most refer to me as Jack. A pleasure to meet you all."

JACK
<Apostle of Death>
Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly Sizniche Sizniche

"You follow the orders of the God of Death? Then, it is truly a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Jack. I am Prrrgadilly." He returned Jack's curtsy with an ostentatious bow of his own, and gave her a genuinely intrigued smile, though some would consider it wolfish. Prrrgadilly was fully aware that he was not alone with Jack and winged figure, but he'd chosen to ignore the existence of the newcomers in favor of focusing on the matter at hand; Jack, and how he could convince her not to somehow interfere with his hunt of Liliana. "It would seem that we both have business with that one." He acknowledged the angel with a pointed gaze and the barest of nods, as he stood straight.

RaynaFon RaynaFon Sizniche Sizniche

Jack clapped her hands when Prrrgadilly gave her his own bow in return.

"Oh, do you also follow Lord Heruis? Did you come to answer his call as well? Splendid. Let is take care of this defiler together."

Jack gave Prrrgadilly a warm smile as she drew out a knife from her sleeve. Sounds echoed through the alleyway as players gathered around the church, looking for the graveyard after being tipped off by npcs.

"Let's be quick shall we? The silence of this place is being disturbed."

Rita tugged on Clancy's sleeve as the conversation between Prrrgadilly and the girl called Jacqueline took place.

"This doesn't feel right. Isn't the angel suppose to be sent back? It feels like this girl wants to kill the angel instead. And what happens when she finds out none of us can enter combat? I do not like where this is going."

Sizniche Sizniche Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

"Unfortunately, I have not been so blessed as to hear Lord Heruis' call, but I have business with that angel and another divine being," Prrrgadilly paused slightly for effect. "Hathor. I intend to send that angel back to the goddess to receive her due punishments and be granted a boon from the goddess in return. I would ask that you allow me to do so, and you could turn your attentions to the cause of this mounting cacophony disturbing this place's quiet stillness." Prrrgadilly was assessing the situation with a calm ease, and he was quite sure that Jack would not have pulled a knife if she were not able to use it. Which means she is the one who killed those players, since no one else is capable of fighting.

There was little doubt in his mind that Jack could kill Liliana, rendering the event and its rewards null and void, and that simply wouldn't do. Not after all the work he'd put into it. "I realize that you have no need to grant my request, but for the sake of brevity, I would reference the importance of the day, and influence that Hathor currently wields through it. For the sake of future silences, it would be best to appease both gods without inciting them to cross swords through their proxies. We can do that if I send the angel home. She will not return to defile your Lord's carefully cultivated silence." That last sentence was directed more at Liliana than Jack, but Prrrgadilly was careful to not let it come across as such.

RaynaFon RaynaFon Sizniche Sizniche

Last edited:
Clancy felt just as uneasy about this as Rita. "Rita, go fetch the rest of the guild and then hide out in the manor," he said in a near-whisper. He wasn't sure what the extra muscle would actually do other than buy time, but he felt that the help might be necessary, especially if they got into a tangle with this 'Jacqueline' after they banished this angel. In the meantime, he listened to the conversation between Jacqueline and the player, wondering how long it'll take for Jack to render the player into a fine red mist after the player said they didn't want to kill the angel.

RaynaFon RaynaFon Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

Jack stop for a moment when Prrrgadilly spoke.

"Oh, I see." The young girl replied in a slightly saddened voice, that quickly returned to normal. "That is unfortunate. However, my Lord's orders are to mount this angel's wings upon his House of the Dead."

Jack ignored the furious looking angel as she spoke to Prrrgadilly.

"After all, a war against Hathor is quite fine. She was one of the hypocrites who had him removed along with the Forgotten. Hmmm, though, for the sake of this graveyards blessed silence, I suppose I can be convinced to leave if I had something equally suitable to offer to Lord Heruis as a replacement for the angel's wings."

Putting away her dagger, Jack awaited Prrrgadilly's answer.

"Alright, stay safe then. Don't get yourself killed."

Taking off, Rita ran away from the graveyard, to the church and into the crowd of people. Exiting she found herself back in the Main Street. Using her magic, Rita made her voice travel through the wind. Her message seeking out the person in her head. Mahan, the master of the guild Clancy was apart of.

"Mahan! If you can hear this, come quickly! Clancy is at the graveyard behind the church and is in danger! Please hurry!"

Sizniche Sizniche Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

Mahan had been enjoying himself with Lurie and decided to just focus on the good food that had been brought to them. Earlier he could hear some of the NPCs talk about the graveyard but had no interest in it at all. Nothing was gonna stop him from....

"Mahan! If you can hear this, come quickly! Clancy is at the graveyard behind the church and is in danger! Please hurry!"

"Oh hell!" Was all he could say when he saw the message Rita somehow sent him. "Lurie we gotta go Rita just sent me a message saying that Clancy is in trouble at the graveyard."

Mahan got up from the table waiting for Lurie a bit upset that something was wrong. It wasn't like it would matter who it was, he was gonna drop everything to go help out a guild member.

Sometimes it really sucks to have a conscience. But I feel bad for whoever is putting him in danger.

[Guild Chat] Everyone meet up at the graveyard Clancy is in some kind of trouble.

RaynaFon RaynaFon Sizniche Sizniche Summer Breeze Summer Breeze

Son of a bitch... Prrrgadilly held back a heavy sigh as Jack decided that she would gladly leave if he could produce something of equal value to angel wings. Who does she think I am? The Emperor? Keeping a cool head, Prrrgadilly took a moment to assess the situation. Since he had nothing to give that would appease Jack, Prrr needed to find a way to send Liliana home before Jack could do away with him. unfortunately, he had no idea how to send the angel back. He needed more time to think. Stalling with as much subtlety a he could muster slyly, Prrrgadilly began checking the various pockets hidden in his robe as if looking for an item to present for Jack's scrutinization.

Hathor is the Goddess of Love; that implies empathy to mortal plights. She wouldn't have left players ill-equipped to deal with Liliana if she truly meant for them to send the angel back to the Heavens. That means that something she gave us is the key, except the only thing that every player received was the Unlove skill which is useless unless... there was misplaced love to undo; like Liliana's presence in this world as the literal physical manifestation of misplaced love! Which meant he should be able to send Liliana home by casting Unlove on her, but he wasn't sure. He'd only have one chance to try and the odds were that he was wrong, but he wasn't going to just stand there and allow Jack to turn him into a cloud of crystals.

Finished stalling, Prrrgadilly sent up a silent prayer to Hathor before he made up his mind to try and send Liliana home. It was a long shot, but it was also his only shot. Squaring his shoulders, Prrrgadilly opened his UI with a flick of his eyes and activated the hotkey for his Lesser Illusion Glyph, without the fancy hand symbols. At the same time he cast Unlove on Liliana. "Home to Hathor, Liliana: Unlove!" Without waiting to see the result, Prrrgadilly activated an invisibility potion and took two steps two the right before standing still, opening a direct line of sight between Jack and the person behind Prrrgadilly, who was revealed to be another player named Clancy.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 RaynaFon RaynaFon Sizniche Sizniche

"H-huh!" Surprised by Mahan suddenly getting up, Lurie jumped up and followed him.

"Ah, missy!"

"Sorry, Samual!" Lurie quickly cut the older man off as she was in a hurry. "Something just came up! Will come back another time, promise!"

"Stay safe out there you hear!"

Following Mahan out of the restaurant, Lurie sent Clancy a message.

"Hey Clancy, what's going on? Rita said you where in trouble. Everyone is on their way to help!"

"Ah."
Jack gave out a small look of surprise when Prrrgadilly used the unlove skill on the angel and disappeared. The angel for the most part was unaffected by his skill.

"Well, that was surprisingly anti climatic. Oh well, I take it that's your answer." Drawing her knife out once more, the girl turned back to the angel. It would be a simple thing to find Prrrgadilly using All Seeing Eyes, however her focus should be on the angel first.

"My dear mage, could you wait for awhile?" Jack spoke coldly to Clancy. "I'll be free to entertain you and your friend who thinks that they've disappeared in just a moment."

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Sizniche Sizniche Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

Clancy thought for a moment. How was he going to shift her attention? He couldn't attack her or anything, and it was clear she was intent on killing the angel. Maybe if he angered her? But how? Unless...

"Lord Heruis is a nobody and you are a fool for following him. Degenerate filth like you deserve to be put down."

Clancy took a gamble; he was an atheist in real life, and he knew the religious hated nothing more than when you speak ill of their religion. Of course, there was always a chance she is non-fanatical enough to remain focused on the angel, but he didn't have a lot of other options.

He tapped out a quick reply to Lurie. "There's a... slight chance I ran into the Ripper."

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Jack's eye twitched slightly as she regained her composer.

"Dear mage..." She spoke with an icy smile. "I understand that you seek death, which is why you came to this quiet place, but please wait your turn."

Tossing her knife at the angel, who block it with it's staff, Jack started combat with the angel.

"I'll be with you in just a second."

With the angel in flight it had an advantage over her, so her goal would be to stun and then carve it to pieces once it was helpless on the ground. For that she'd have to play a waiting game and use soaring dagger until in was in her teleporting strike's range.
So a back and forth between daggers and magic began. While the angel had the advantage of flight, Jack was faster than it and was slowly gaining ground.

Sizniche Sizniche Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

"If your god is so great and powerful, why does he need to send the likes of you to fetch his decorations? Could a true God not do it himself by simply striking down the creature with a thought and summoning the corpse to him? Of course he couldn't; your god is weak, and that's all he'll ever be."

Clancy threw taunts at Jack, attempting to break her concentration so the angel could get the upper hand.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back