Login Here

Anthony was a bit surprised by how Yuna responded at his attempt at s nice compliment. It was even more shocking that she apologized when she had not done anything wrong. He didn't mind that really though because he did feel a small victory of making her blush. (On a side note making someone look like they are blushing in VR is not an easy feet.)

Then once again she seemed to mess up again by asking if he had bought anything when it was obvious to anyone who saw him that he got some new clothes. Instead of shaming her for this he thought better of himself and decided to just roll with the question for her sake. "Well I did get these new clothes at the tailor shop. I did want to run around in the starting clothes you get at the beginning. Also I got some turkey legs from the tavern in the inn that gives the person who eats it +3 to strength for an hour." He pulled one out to show Yuna what he was talking about.

"I got this for Nightshade so he could have a little bonus for himself and help him out until he levels up a bit." He put it back in his bag and when he looked up he saw Nightshade waving to them. "Looks like we might be getting out there sooner then I thought."

Loki tilted her head as Nightshade left the shop. He was a curious one for sure. He didn't know what she was up to, but was still cautious of her for no reason. Maybe he was someone that she should keep an eye on?

"Wait..no he isn't. Useless is still useless. He probably has a natural sixth sense on peoples' personalities and doesn't even know it. It's easy to make hapless people like him apart of your plans without them even realizing it. Still like they say, better safe than sorry, right?"

Loki would be keeping her eye on him...maybe she might even try out crafting a poison and 'accidentally' put it in a potion bottle and ask him to test it out for her. Also she would need to remember not to use her summon skill, she doubt that Yuna had forgotten, so she'd probably be on more alert. Stepping out of the shop Loki made her way to the city gates and gave out a small wave as she spotted the rest of the group. 

"Ah, looks like I'm the last one here. I make you guys wait long, sorry 'bout that."

Loki saw Yuna blushing slightly as she talked to Mahan.

"This girl, she either likes this girl, which is highly unlikely, or she get's embarrassed super easily, which is highly more likely."

Smiling, Loki tried to change the subject, can't go spoiling her fun later. 

"So you all know where you all want to train at? Personally I would like to be able to train inside the forest cave before nightfall myself. Always better to stay one step ahead of the crowd in a new game."

Max finally made it to the rest of the group with his dreadful movement speed. Training certainly wouldn't be easy with him around. He saw a bit of the exchange between Yuna and Mahan when he came out of the inn, and was grinning like a lunatic. He new Yuna would be a fun one to tease, but he would have to be careful not to get shot. Any one person in the group could easily take him one-on-one, so he felt it in his best interests to not antagonize anyone outright.

"You liiiike him," He teasingly muttered to Yuna, nudging her with his elbow. Max may have been twenty, but he had the maturity of a nine year old. He then approached Mahan. "So, what are we killing?" He asked. He really probably wasn't going to end up doing much, but it's still nice to know what you're blundering into.

@Quinlan63 @Summer Breeze @RaynaFon

yuna turned around when she saw Loki come back. "hey! did you manage to get rid of your 'useless stick'?" Yuna asked, as she remembered Loki telling her she wanted to buy a new staff, and she Yuna also wanted to change the subject and hoped the others wouldn't notice her blushing since they could maybe get the wrong ideas. 

unfortunately for Yuna, they did get the wrong ideas, when nightshade came back and he teased Yuna, he pulled a sensitive string. Maybe they had expected her to become even more shy and blush even harder but not this time. With a smooth move, Yuna took her bow in her hand and put an arrow on it, she pulled it back and pointed it directly at nightshade "Say that again out loud if you dare" she said with a serious voice. For a moment, Yuna changed into an entirely different person, untill she realised what she was doing, again, the blush returned to her cheek and she put away her bow quickly "sorry" she muttered, but then she looked up again "the threat still stands though, no, I do not like him" she spoke firmly.

it was the truth, they had only been in the game for a couple of hours and Yuna wasn't the type to fall head over heals in love with someone, she knew the consequences. She wasn't interested in love anyway. She hadn't joined this game to find a boyfriend but just to have some fun in a new world. 

Yuna took a deep breath "I don't really care where we'll be training, as long as it's not too difficult" she said, trying to change the subject. 

@Quinlan63 @RaynaFon @Sizniche

Last edited by a moderator:
Loki blinked twice when Yuna pulled a serious face or a moment there. She was about to play the straight man when Yuna went back to being timid again. Looking at everyone's face...Loki held her sides and started to laugh. Seeing the guards turn towards the group didn't help either as it put a movie in her head where Yuna shot Nightshade in the face drawing in the guards nearby and having them kill Nightshade, Yuna and Mahan who tried to help. Of course this made her laugh even harder for no reason that the other's would know. Loki realized she needed to get things moving or she'd be rolling on the ground thinking about her own twisted version of reality. 

"A-alright now.  Ve should get koing. Let's train near the caffe entrance zince ve're mostly at zat leffel anyvays."

Almost in tears, the girl could hardly control her own accent. Walking up to Yuna she tried to shoo her though the gates before she started a mass killing by the guards and Loki dies from choking herself to death through laughter.

"Let's ko before Yuna arrkos all the guards on us."

Mahan a bit annoyed by what Nightshade had said about Yuna. They had only met and he was trying to be friendly. He was about to say something but Yuna neat him to it. Which from her reaction all he could think about was getting them out of the city before the guards were on top of them before they could say respawn.

Loki seemed to have the right idea so he just tried to move things along. "Yeah any way we can head our way towards the cave. Although if we do get to fo inside we won't go any lower then the first floor for now because the enemies have an ability so that you attack one all of them will be on you like white on rice. Other then that make sure that you don't over do it out there." He stated off but he remembered what he had for Nightshade. "Oh and before I forget here. These turkey legs can give you +3 to strength for an hour. I only have 3 for you but they should help you out a bit for now."

@RaynaFon @Summer Breeze @Sizniche

Max's hands immediately shot into the air when the bow was pointed at him. "I-I didn't mean anything by it, I was just joking around, honest!" When Yuna lowered her bow, Max lowered his hands as well, taking a moment to appreciate how easily the virtual world made him fear for his life, despite only having been here a few hours. Of course, the whole endeavor sent Loki into a cackling fit of schadenfreude. That, combined with the fact that she not-so-subtly named her character Loki, somewhat confirmed it for him that she was mostly here to screw around with people.

"Jesus, I probably wet myself in the real world because of that," he said, though he'd have no way of knowing, since the VR device blocks all outside sensory data to prevent it from interfering with the game. "Oh, and uh... I'm sorry..." he said to Yuna. He didn't think she'd take it so personally, and genuinely felt bad about poking fun at her.

Then, Mahan offered him the turkey legs. "I'll only take one for now," he said, "As the party's main fighter, you'll need them more than I do. My job will probably be mostly for sucking up damage." He looked down at the turkey leg he took; he was tempted to eat it now, as it certainly looked appetizing, but he knew he had to save it for combat, otherwise it would go to waste. He instead stuffed it in his pack for the time being and began walking away from the town gate, ready to adventure. That is, until he realized he had no clue where they were going.

After about walking fifty feet, he turned around to everyone else and shouted, "Hey! Which way are we going?"

@Quinlan63 @RaynaFon @Summer Breeze

Yuna wished she had never done that, why couldn't she just controll her temper for once? she looked at the ground as Loki started to laugh, she drew circles in the dust with her foot and didn't look at the others, what would they even think about her? Yuna sighed and decided that it was best to just pretend this never happened and hoped that the others wouldn't remind her of this little incident, but she doubted that, especially since Loki seemed to find this very funny. 

She smiled a little at Nighshade "no, it's okay, sorry for reacting like that" she said with a little nod. 

then she turned to the others again "around the cave sounds allright, though I would rather not go inside it, first I want to be a few levels higher" she told the others. Yuna wasn't very confident of her skills in combat, mainly because it just was true that she wasn't exactly a star in those games, she had no talent in them and she just played them for fun, being better as the rest had never interested her. 

Yuna chuckled when she saw Nightshade walk in the wrong direction. She pointed in the other way and then turned to the others for the last time "shall we go then? we can't let Nightshade walk all alone, now can we?" she said to the others with a little smile. 

@Quinlan63 @RaynaFon @Sizniche

Mahan had thought about what Yuna said and it was a valid point that they should not go in the cave today if they could help it. Although on the other hand Loki made the point of getting ahead of all the other players. "Hmm, alright then lets just deal with everything outside the cave first. Sense Nightshade is only level 1 any way it would not be a good idea to go in there yet any way. Later once we gain some more levels we can go inside. Level 5 goblins are the lowest level enemies in the first floor so we need to be close to that to ensure that we are not wasting our time."

Mahan stopped as he could see the forest cave not far from where he was standing. In front of the cave were goblins that ranged from level 3 to 5 with some animals still roaming around. "Ok this should be a good spot over here. There aren't really that many other players over here so you don't have to worry about anyone taking your kills. I'm going for the goblins by the cave so if you need me to heal you I'll be over there," he said point to the clearing in front of the cave. "Anything else before we get started because once we start the only thing that will pull me away from those goblins will be cries for help."

Ramis wiped her brow with her sleeve, getting exhausted. She slowly leveled up, now being close to level 3. Every time she killed a creature, she had to wait for her health and mana to regenerate. Sighing, she leaned against a tree and looked at the looming City of Beginnings. Encased in those robust walls, the city was huge. She thought she'd seen most of it, but realized now that there was an entire section she'd barely explored. 

Looking around, Ramis saw more foxes and rabbits and other low-level fodder.

-

Half an hour passed, and Ramis had done the same thing repeatedly. Killing low-level monsters that were little to no threat to her. It was slow, hard work, but she smiled as she saw she'd reached level 4, and had a lot of lousy loot she could sell. 

Walking around these hills and forests, careful not to go to a more dangerous area, Ramis spotted a cave in the distance, hidden behind dense forest. It was guarded by goblins. A dungeon? So early in the game? Interesting.

Ramis spotted a group of players approximately 100 meters from her. A proud paladin seemed to be leading a mischievous warlock, a meek rogue and an unremarkable warrior. She couldn't see them very clearly, but they seemed a bit more like a ragtag group than the other parties she'd spotted.

Hiding partly behind some of the trees, Ramis observed them.

Healer lvl 4

HP 120
MP 180

Strength 5
Intelligence 18
Agility 6
Spirit 15
Constitution 12

Attention all who live in the Town of Beginnings: Special Event Boss

Goblin King (6 Star)

HP: 500/500

Stats

30 Strength

5 Agility

Skill: Royal Call- calls forth 6 level 2 Goblins

Summon Defender- Summons a level 7 Hob Goblins

The Goblin King has come to defend his subjects from the invaders who seek to learn of their greatest secret. Destroy him so that he may not stop any who seek what lies in their cave.

Reward: 200 Exp and 500 gold

Achievement: Goblin King Slayer

Penalty for Failing: Nothing

Loki got excited when she heard the announcement. If there was one thing she liked more than tormenting people, it was loot and this boss had 500g. That was enough to set them all well off for they beginning. However it was a announcement, meaning that if she and the others had heard it, everyone else had too. Other people will be on it soon so if they were gonna get the reward for killing it they had better act fast.

"I think I just found a good starting point to our training. What do you all think?"

Loki resent a party invite to everyone.

"This is just for the boss if you want to join, so no one loses out on a reward if they don't do enough damage to it. Also it's better to know where everyone is at any given time. Afterwards we can disband it later."

Loki opened her inventory and took out her useless stick and tossed it over to Nightshade.

"About our roles, this boss maybe level 5, but it's still a boss and it's got 500 hp, so we'll have to treat this as a raid at our levels."

Loki turned to Yuna and began telling everyone how'd they kill it.

"Yuna, you and me are DPS, we'll focus on the damage dealing."

Next was Mahan and Nightshade.

"Mahan, we'll need you as damage/heals. You free to attack, just don't do enough for the boss to arrgo on you. Nightshade, you have a just as important job. You're distraction. Keep the boss annoyed, and when he spawns mobs I need you to get their focus and follow you. When you've got them all on you, Yuna or I will switch to killing them."

Loki took out her new staff and cast ward and went up just close enough to the boss, that was protecting the cave, not to trigger arrgo but within range of her magic. Turning her head back towards the others she called out to them.

"You all ready?"

Max was about to open his mouth to protest, but he figured he would be better off shutting his trap. He wasn't a leading personality, and the rest of the group was likely more knowledgeable about the game, but... he couldn't help but feel the structure Loki just described to the group had a few holes. Wouldn't Yuna run better interference as a high agility build? She most likely did the least damage of the group aside from himself with her bow, since they didn't have a rogue or healer, and it seems like he was put into that role as sort of a "spare". Who in the group is going to soak up damage when three out of four of them are on DPS duty? And how will Mahan handle damage AND health without exhausting all of his MP? Speaking of health, shouldn't we have an actual healer? Max decided to shake it off; as the useless one of the group, his words wouldn't hold weight with anyone. But maybe...

He drew his blade for the first time looked over at Mahan. "Well, I'm game. Do you have any thoughts on that tactic?" Maybe, hopefully, Mahan was on the same page. If not, well... Max would just have to get used to dodging attacks.

@Quinlan63 @Summer Breeze @RaynaFon

Ramis took a deep breath and started jogging towards the group.

"Hey!" she shouted as she drew closer. "Are you doing the boss?" 

Her short dwarven legs meant she took longer than she'd like to run to them, and she was almost out of breath by the time she approached them.

"I need that XP," she explained. "But no way am I going to do that alone," she gestured to the boss. 

"Can I tag along? I can heal."

Ramis regained her breath and glanced bemused at everyone in the group. 

The paladin was classically handsome, like those illustrations on romance novels. Fitting for his knightly class, she guessed. He looked like the leader type.

The warrior looked like a farmers son. Handsome still, of course. Most people would make their characters above average in beauty in that thorough character creator. And he was an elf, with those nice, pointy ears.

The ranger had a graceful aura about her, but her personality shined through. She seemed a bit more reserved, and her body language showed it. But her character was pretty, with that ivory skin with a hint of blush.

The warlock looked so confident. Long, blue-silver hair framed her intimidating figure. She gazed at Ramis with that light sceptisism one often has when unannounced people pops into a conversation.

According to the hud over them, their names were Mahan, Nightshade, Yuna and Loki.

Ramis slicked her hair back from her face, awaiting an answer.

Mahan was really excited to this that one the events had started, a bit early though. He did have to admit that they were a bit under prepared for this type of fight that they were going to undertake. He didn't say anything against joining a party for this fight so he hit the accept button without even thinking. Listening to what Loki had as a plan he could see that she was at least aware of what kind of roles we could fulfill but not all the things we could do. "Ok that sounds good but  it might be better if Yuna works on crowd control instead to make sure that Nightshade doesn't have to handle that himself. With here trap shot she can keep the mobs held down so Nightshade doesn't get overwhelmed. And it might be best if I keep the aggro from the boss on me because I have the most HP. And to be honest even though I can heal it has a 10 second cool down so if it get real serious I won't be able to save everyone at the same time. Based on that we might need a real healer who can focus that more then I could ever." 

He just was finished with his opinion of the plan when another player walked up to their little group. She was pretty short and based on her features it was obvious to him that she had to be a dwarf. She seemed friendly enough and looked like she was just trying to get in on the action like she said. Checking her out further he could see that indeed she was a level 4 Healer. That truly was a godsend that a healer would appear the moment that they really needed one. "Yes oh course you can join in," he said send an invite to the party. "Ok now we are definitely going to take this boss down."

Loki didn't as anything to Mahan inviting the dwarf. While she had mixed feelings about it she let it go. She didn't want anyone else joining in, but since she was a healer she took off alot of stress on everyone, Loki would just have to roll with this to make their chance of success go up. Loki looked back at the group and rewent over their plan.

"Alright, now that we've got a healer, how about this? Mahan, you'll be our tank. Still, keep your heal in the back just in case of an emergency. Try you're best to keep the big guy on you. Ramis," Loki looked at the dwarf's nametag to make sure she was right. "You keep focused on healing the group if they take serious damage. Yuna, you and me are still on DPS. When the extras spawn you help out Nightshade with CC'ing(crowd control) them. Nightshade, you're role hasn't changed much, you just not a distraction for the boss anymore. Focus your attention on the extras, I want this to be more of a chance for you to get use to holding a weapon. That being said, if one of the goblins drop their swords pick that up and use it instead of the wooden staff I gave you. It'll be short but it'll do more damage. When the hobgoblin spawns, Nightshade, Yuna and me will all focus on killing it. Ramis, keep an extra eye out on Mahan's hp as he will have no support at that point. He he falls we'll be hit from both sides and will probably fall at that point."

Loki recast her ward.

"Remember though, this is just a test for us. No glory rushes or fights to the death. If we realize the boss it too much for us, we fall back to the town so it can reset. If you all have no promblem with this plan then I'll count down to ten, that's enough time to get ready and cast any buffs you might want."

Loki used her surge skill and pointed her staff at the Goblin King.

"1....

10......Start!"

the announcement put a smile on Yuna's face. It always gave her a great feeling when she could kill a boss with a group of people. this time she accepted the party invite and listened to Loki's plan. While she noticed a few holes in the plan she didn't complain. Yuna hated being the center of attention in both groups as battles, that's why she had chosen the ranger class, she could stay at the background and have the others backs. Mahan had a different idea though, to have her at the crowd controll. Yuna swalowed, she knew it was a good idea since Nightshade didn't seem like the type to be fast enough to keep away from them, but she didn't like being so much in the center. still, it gave the others the best chances. Loki had appearently noticed so too and the idea of her helping out nightshade when other mobs spawned sounded good. "will do, I'm on it" she said. 

Yuna was happy that Loki took so much controll, she seemed like a really good player and it was nice to have someone else make the decisions instead of her. Yuna wasn't a very good leader, she prefered having someone to listen to, but she never mindlesly folowed orders, if something else seemed better to her, she would go her own way. 

She looked surprised up when a new person came to their group, what had started as a little group had now turned into quite a big group, too big for Yuna's likings. the bigger a group was, the more quiet she got. while she didn't mind another person joining them, sepecially since she was a healer and that could be very usefull, she didn't say much but instead just nodded friendly at the new person, Ramis, as a greeting. 

when Loki started counting down, Yuna already took her bow and put an arrow on it. she took a deep breath and felt a certain calmness fall over her, she could do this, no thinking, just fighting. 

@Quinlan63 @RaynaFon @Sizniche @LyssiNae

Max chucked the wooden stick to the side and drew his sword. Odds were that he would be less than useless, but he might as well get a few good swings in. He hated how Loki talked down to him about sword handling, but brushed it off and accepted the party invite at the last second. Under good circumstances, he was leaving this party as soon as he had decent stats. It was a shame; he liked everyone else in the group, but only conflict could come from him being around that girl. "Yes, commander," he said, preparing for the battle. While getting into a fighting stance, he looked over and saw obvious discomfort on Yuna's face.

"Don't worry, Yuna, I got your six on this one," he said, using military lingo he heard his brother use with his DOTA team. It was probably the last thing she wanted to hear; nobody wanted the weakest guy in the party to back them up. But it was the only comfort he could offer, so he felt obligated to offer it.

He gave a silent wave to the new party member. As Loki counted down, he silently wished he could afford a shield.

@RaynaFon @Summer Breeze @Quinlan63 @LyssiNae

Ramis accepted the party invitation and did a mock salute towards the Loki girl. "Got it."

Maybe she'd been wrong in pointing out the Mahan guy as the leader type. This Loki seemed to know what she was doing.
Ramis quickly opened her UI and checked her spells, before dismissing it. She touched her talisman and felt the magic well up in her fingertips.

"Light shell," she cast, putting a transparent bubble around all five players. It was a pretty weak spell, soaked up thirty points of damage, but it was something to start with, before the real healing job began.

"Go, go, go," Ramis said under her breath, feeling the anticipation build up. She hoped this group had a decent chance. She really needed that XP. She needed to become strong enough to venture into the world by herself, and find her brother.

Loki took the first strike.

Mahan was happy that things were going good and the new plan that Loki had come up was to his liking so all he had to do was keep the focus on himself. Right as Loki started to count down he saw this as to activate the skill Honor For All, that seemed like a fitting bonus for the group in this kind of fight. The animation of the skill worked just like he made it, a glowing light as bright as the sun now surrounded each of them. With those last seconds it gave him the time he needed to regenerate his MP and get ready to lead the charge (well even though he was for the most part the only one going to do the charging).

Party Buff: The whole party has been a 10% increase to damage output and resistance

Right as Loki gave the word he rushed out knowing that any spells or arrows would hit the boss first but he had to get there so he could keep the focus on himself. 

"Starstruck"

His attack landed dead on to the target and he quickly regretted not investing that last point into his HP. The Goblin King had no choice to be focused on him but that meant that he was going to take the first hit. Thankfully though taking a direct hit only destroyed the light shell that Ramis applied to them all. "Ok that was not good."

Gale smirked and readied her blade, preferring a much more 'hack and slash' style of combat herself. She did have the abilities which came with her class, but being able to use a dagger with her own two hands was thrilling. It was one of the interesting aspects of virtual reality in that she could practically feel the sensations. It was likely her brain tricking her with visual and auditory information the game tricked her brain into experiencing, but that hardly mattered. It still gave her a rush to spring forward and slash at the enemy, ripping along its side with the short blade of her dagger. She smirked as the enemy was felled without too much difficulty, though her partner had weakened it to start with.

"Nice job," she said, more so to herself, but speaking in such a way that it would allow her companion to take it as praise. "Let's keep at it until we take even more of these things down! I'm sure there's more around somewhere."

Looking over her shoulder at Asuna, Gale regarded her thoughtfully. Her party member did not really seem to be the combat type, but that was not particularly a big deal. There wouldn't be anything excessively difficult in the beginner area, unless the game developers were out to give their players a traumatic experience before they'd properly settled in. Though given the way things were going currently, it wasn't that far-fetched to think that they hadn't thought things through quite as much as they likely should have.

@Idea

Loki watched as Mahan took the boss' attention. 

"Careful," She commented as Mahan's shield was taken out by one of the Goblin King's attacks. "He may be a weak boss, but he's still a boss. We're all focusing on dodging here. Don't wanna take any damage if we can avoid it. Ramis, if you can, recast a shield on Mahan when it finishes it's cooldown. Alright Yuna, Mahan has the boss' attention so fire away."

After casting surge on herself, Loki fired crystal shard at the boss. Smashing into the side of the boss, and with the damage bonus from both surge and honor, she did 28.8 damage plus a two second stun.

"Mahan, he's stunned, now's the time to reposition yourself and go on the offense!"

As she was yelling that, Loki's next spell was already being charged to fire.

Current Boss HP: 452.2/500

Loki's HP/MP: 110/195

@Quinlan63 @Summer Breeze @Sizniche @LyssiNae 

The boss hadn't summoned anything yet, so Max decided to lend a hand with the boss while he was waiting to fill his role. He charged at the boss and thrusted his sword, dealing an anticlimactic 6.5 damage. Max retracted the blade and took a step back, preparing to dodge in the event the boss turned around to take a swing at him. He would probably just barely survive a hit if he took one, and it would most likely send him flying. As much as he tried to not think about it, he began to wonder how accurate the game's pain simulation was...

The thought made him shutter and lose focus for a moment, but only a brief one. His next attack was an attempted stab at the boss's foot, with Max using his own foot pressed against the hand guard as he lunged in an attempt to drive the sword as far into the ground as possible. If he could pin the boss in place even for a moment, it could give a massive tactical advantage.

@Quinlan63 @RaynaFon @Summer Breeze @LyssiNae

Attention player (Loki) you have just unlocked the skill Charisma, giving you influence over other players and NPCs. The more you focus on what you are trying to convey the more likely that is what you will get. 

Due to this skill all party members gain +(Player Level) to all stats while they hear the sound of your commanding voice for 30 seconds (cool down 5 minutes).

Player: Nightshade

Achievement: David and Goliath

You have bravely attacked an enemy that exceeds your level x5 or higher

Effect: 5% chance of surviving a fatal blow 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back