• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Live Again (a fantasy/steampunk themed rp)

Blue Aisle

Phantom #11
Recently, I was reading up on the synopsis of the original story of Frankenstein, and kind of fell in love with the idea. That being said, this actually has little to do with the original story, but just inspired by it in the point of reconstructing a living being (from what was once dead). I would like to play out the story of a recluse doctor (my character) and his revived patient (your character), in their attempt to find a safe haven and together fulfill their individual goals.

Your character's goals and story will be made up by you, and that will be part of the fun and surprise to my character. One thing is that due to the invasive procedure, your character's memory will be jumbled or absent at first. This is to keep the story at a slower pace (so we will need to find out who you are, why you died, and ultimately what you'll do with your new life). Of course, being an unnatural product in between life and death has both drawbacks and advantages, like requiring interval maintenance, or no longer needing sleep. We can discuss more about this together.

The setting is an original steampunk fantasy world. The advancement in medicine and weaponry are both more medieval, but automation is sophisticated. Street security bots, basic labor bots etc, are common. To give a better idea, since I doubt anyone wants to read paragraphs of descriptive text, I've attached some pictures that are relevant to the setting.

Me as a roleplayer:
- Usually write ~2 paragraphs. I don't like over descriptive prose, so I stop when I feel that it's enough to convey what I want to say.
- Write in 3rd person, past or present tense.
- Multiple responses a week, and expect the same (I sometimes post everyday but my bottom line is 2-3 a week).
- Expect you to move the plot as well, I don't want to do all the heavy lifting.
- Always encourage my partners to create and play npcs as long as it makes sense for the story (I like surprises too).
- Will tell you if I'm too busy or need to drop for whatever reason.

I don't have a timeline for this story, just the setting and the beginning. The rest is up for discussion. If what you read interests you, please shoot me a pm.

⇩ Click below for eye candy.

evozon-game-studio-police.jpgsally-jackson-surgery3.jpgferdinand-ladera-steampunk-interior.jpgdominic-jaro-allaboard.jpgvladimir-manyukhin-.jpg

I’m interested in this rp. Always wanted to do a steampunk rp. I have a few ideas in mind if you’re interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back