• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

Maggie did exactly as was requested and expected of her, as you'll see from my upcoming reply, so no worries *woof*

D&Ds trained you to assume that in situations like this you're probably under some kind of lie detector? :D

Something like that, even if it's just Ilhirel's experience with court politicians. ^;3^

It's up to you. We haven't RPed Auri's life prior to the last 2 days in Alicante, so I know about as much as you do. What I can tell you is that nothing would have prevented him from traveling back and forth from Alicante to Darran in the time that he's been stationed in the capital, aside from the timing of his duties. Just remember that the war reignited two weeks ago in South Hyerald, so if he'd gone in that time it would have been via portal. Prior to that, any mode of transportation would have been possible.

Welp, Asher certainly didn't have much to do in the last post.

No matter how much you squeeze a stone, no blood is gonna come from it, not even from a bloodstone.

Heh! First time I've heard that one. But it's true. =)

Well there isn't always a lot to post.

In fact, at times I might break up longer posts into pieces, like when an NPC is having a longer monologue - this doesn't always mean I'm expecting you to post something, but rather that I'm allowing for the possibility of your characters to interrupt or ask a question. It feels very odd to have a character hold an entire sermon and then it turns out that one of you had something to say/do that would have potentially negated half of that speech.

Mind you, that works in reverse too! Something to keep in mind *woof*

This is one large benefit of table-top play. When everyone is gathered around a table, it is very convenient for one of my players to just raise a hand or otherwise get my attention and then I can pause and see what's up. I also have a much, much better idea of how our game is going because I can see your reactions and you can see mine.

As much as I like RP by posting, there are large advantages to both realms of play. I am thankful to be living in a time when I have both options (not to mention play-by-Roll20 or via video chat). =)

This is quite true.

However, I doubt I'd last as a Storyteller playing at an actual table. Not with the amount of improvisation that I do, and not with how slow my brain is to process information.. >.<

Are you kidding? Improvisation is a wonderful skill that not enough Game Masters have! As for processing information, look at Amaranth. Look at your maps and your W.A.R.S. system. Take it from me, Wolf. All you need is a positive atmosphere, the right people to game with, a game you'd you really enjoy, the materials, and practice, and you'd be good. You and your players would have a lot of fun. =)

Yeah but all that takes time! XD

In a real time tabletop you've got seconds to act. Not minutes. Definitely not hours.

Me? I need hours to do what someone else might accomplish in minutes - and days for their hours. And even then the results don't necessarily justify the extra time lol. That's all I'm saying. But thanks *woof*.

Yes, but with practice and experience, you could do it. I've been roleplaying long enough with you to feel confident of that.

Besides, never in my life have I been to a tabletop game where the Game Master pressured and insisted her PCs act with only seconds to make a decision. This isn't Jeopardy or Family Feud (time-based American game shows). =) The good GMs out there will gladly take minutes, especially with new players, unusual in-game situations, or rules clarifications. The entire reason to get around a table in the first place is for everyone present to have fun. Pressure does not often equal fun. =)

But, yeah, you're welcome, Wolf. =)

I've been in more than a few games where the players did something unexpected and the GM said, "Uh, right. OK, everyone take a break for a bit while I figure out what comes next!"

Yeah! That definitely happens too!

Inside my head... "Wooooow, that was cool! Never saw that coming! Love it! So... what do the rules say about this? What is fair and accurate? Is this within the spirit of the game? How would the NPCs (if any) involved honestly respond?" And so forth... I can't tell you how many times I've had such conversations as a direct result of my PCs just doing what they do (including in Sharseya and Robotech: Broadsword). =)

Ah, probably should have said this before, but, I'm kinda gone this week... I was hoping and planning to be updating the RPs that I'm in anyway, but now I see that that's probably not happening lol. Sorry *woof*

Once again, I had completely forgotten. If I'd remembered, I wouldn't have mentioned it. Sorry!

Um, just go have fun!

Thanks for the heads-up, Wolf! I hope all's going well for you out there.

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Heya Wolf! In an attempt at conquering this little, ADHD-born, micro-demon of mine, I have posted the following words on a Notepad on my desktop:

"Wolf Rawrr hates the term "Real Life."

That should teach me! Cross your fingers! (I swear I'm not being sarcastic - I really want to stop using this term because you don't like it. =) ) With any luck, I won't use that phrase again with you. =)

Ach. Sorry to have made you do that... In return, I promise to do my best not to complain about it if it does happen...

Oh, you didn't make me do it, good Wolf! I wanted to remember for your sake! =)

Still, your response is very kind! =)

I've gone ahead and given Maggie a small update while we wait for you, Dann :P

It also occurred to me that, even though Maggie met Elias not two hours ago ingame, and thus would have certainly remembered him (likely better than she remembers Teagan, eh? :P), in real life it's actually been a lot longer than that, lol. I think I'll make it a habit to throw in links to relevant moments in the past when referring to them *woof*

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Oh, duhhh! Sorry, Wolf. ADHD moment. Concerning Bann Teagan's request (I meant to ask this, got sidetracked, got distracted, and forgot to ask this!), this sounds like a side-quest for Auri...

...except that we're in the process of saving Dina and (here's the part that's fuzzy) didn't The Chosen have something important to do post-rescue?

Because if that's true, then Auri is actually in no position to take Bann Teagan's request. Or am I remembering it wrong? (This is why it's dangerous for me to run two games and PC in a third while being tempted to run a fourth game - which I'm not doing because I know better! Ha ha!)

So yah. Halp, please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back