• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

I'm not sure I know what fun is anymore, Kaerri :/

I do like working on Amaranth, though, and knowing that it's fun for my players is certainly rewarding. What's a game for, right? *woof*

I'll try not to try too hard, I guess. Lol.

So I noticed it's been a little quiet lately. Quieter than it's supposed to be, at least. As result we haven't made any real progress considering how much time has passed (even accounting for my self-imposed delay). I'm a bit worried, despite knowing that the few players that we have are most likely not going anywhere. Thus I'd appreciate if everyone could check in and say hi, report on their current situation, and such. Just... yeah.

Purr Purr and Kaerri Kaerri , you are the most active people on the site, of us Amaranth players. What's up? Stretched too thin? A busy work period upon you? *woof*

Grey Grey , to the best of my knowledge you are still on sick leave. My PM to you is unread as of now, but you have been online so I'm not sure if you're getting back to things or not. Consider this an open invitation so rejoin us when you'll be able to.

Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon , this will probably be the least place I could reach you, since you're not answering my Skype hails, but for the sake of protocol I will mention you here as well. Hope to see you posting again soon. To the rest of you, Jack has actually finished his college degree recently and is currently busy finding employment. So a delay is understandable, though the complete lack of communication is not. I might have to drive over to his place and convince myself that he's still alive =/

On another yet similar note, there have been a couple new inquiries last winter to join Amaranth - genuine ones, if I am correct, but I had put them on the waitlist until we resolve the current chapter. Back then I had hopes that we'd be in the palace by now, bringing the chapter to an end at last, but now I am worried that those people might not hear from me until winter next year... Not wholly unjustified, given how it's been six months already. Perhaps it's not likely they'll still be into it, but I will definitely get back to them as promised. It would be nice to increase the player number by one or two, and at the same time bringing in some new blood might help motivate the current players to become livelier, as well.

Of course, at the same time that means increasing the number of people that we'd have to wait on for updates and all that. But can't have one without the other...

Summer/Autumn is always busiest for me, too, so I understand if that's the case for some of you. But can we make the effort to finish this chapter in the next few months, please? *howl*

begging_wolf_lineart_by_kitsunethefluffytaco-d7a14o0.png

Today? Headache. All day long. Took medicine. It's still here. Just tired. Will post when I have a brain again! =)

Yay! Posted! Short, but I can post more when more brain. =)

EDIT: Almost forgot! Congratulations, Jack, for graduating college! Here's hoping you have a terrific future! Hooray! =)

Purr Purr and Kaerri Kaerri , you are the most active people on the site, of us Amaranth players. What's up? Stretched too thin? A busy work period upon you? *woof*
Both - life has been very busy lately. Weekends are better for posting (and for me, weekend means Saturday - Monday), so I'm less likely to post during the week, which is why I haven't replied to your last yet. I'm keeping its browser tab open to remind me though!

Good enough, you two. I'll make effort to post more on the weekend as well, so perhaps we could even exchange more than one post (when they're shorter) *woof*

Sorry about that last post. I was going to have people reply to Auri's and Maggie's suggestions and start to formulate a proper plan, but stuff happened on the way that even I couldn't predict.

*whine*

Characters have minds of their own sometimes! Do you mind if Maggie goes after her, or would you rather she stay and plot? Either one can be made properly in character for her; she wants to go comfort but she knows sometimes people need to be alone in such situations.

Since you asked, I will tell you that in my opinion as the Storyteller, Maggie is one of the few people present that could/should follow Violet.

Meric is another, but he probably senses, like me, that this once it might be wiser not to. Others are not doing anything for the moment because they are probably too stunned, still. I mean, they've been with the shadow elf commander for a long time and they have never seen an outburst like this

If Maggie wants to go, don't hold her back! *woof*

I am pleased to see this kind of storytelling take place. Not only do characters have lives of their own, oft times I think they should.

Violet should be Violet. Maggie should be Maggie. It is good to have a game where they can both be true.

Auri is mildly shocked, but if Maggie pursues Violet, the old fellow will feel more at ease (and I suspect he would not be the only one).

So, I suppose it will be best for him to simply keep quiet and watchful until everyone else recovers. =)

I wouldn't have said anything unless Kaerri stepped forward herself first, but honestly I was hoping that Maggie would go because no one else was going to, yet I believe that someone should.

If nothing else, to make sure that she hasn't set off to rescue Dina on her own! :O *howl*

You might be wrong there, good Wolf - remember that Violet is currently a guest in Auri's home. What do you think a good host would do when a guest is so obviously distraught and in need of peace and comfort? =)

Yes, it is good that Maggie seems to be stepping in, but she is not alone. =)

Ah, sorry, I meant none of the other NPCs. The reason why I discounted Auri automatically was because he and Violet don't know each other at all. They haven't even spent a single moment alone. So I figured he'd sooner let one of her closer friends take action, if any action was to be taken *woof*

Though of course he has the right to be nosy :P

Auri isn't nosy unless something he really cares about is at stake (his friends, his country, his dinner!!). Hah! =)

Is everyone doing OK? It's been kind of quiet here. (I know, I know...usually it's me!)

Yeah, is everything all right? Is there anything I can do to help?

I suspect not quite.

Grey is still unaccounted for. Last I heard he was sick, but that was what, weeks ago? He has not returned my messages since. I'm not sure if he is well at all, or if he's completely forgotten about us. If you read us Grey Grey , do send us a note *woof*

Conversely, I know exactly where Jack is - but no idea why he didn't post anything lately. I talked to him about it on Skype twice, and both times he promised to do so soon. I'm going to talk to him again, but maybe he's just about to? Eh, Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon ?

As for you two, thank God you're here. Else my task of seeing this game through to the end, as I once promised, would have been made that much harder. Thanks for offering to help, but apart from continuing posting as you are (twice a week is fine), there's nothing else that you can do I'm afraid. Ok, that's not entirely true. There is one thing - you can keep demonstrating patience for my tardiness, ha ha *woof*

I was indeed legitimately busy Wednesday through Friday, but nothing kept me from the game since then besides Rainbow Six Siege. Sorry. I am on another short trip right now, but I've brought my laptop so I shall go about updating the game right this instant :) (even though I could be palying Warcraft 3!)

As a fan of Tom Clancy (though I admit I haven't played any of the games), I approve of your taste. ^D^

I told you when I signed up that I'd be here until we got to the end, and I'll keep to that. I shall also try to keep up the posting frequency. ^;3^ I really enjoy the story, the characters, and my own character, and I don't just feel I *have* to be here -- I genuinely *want* to be here. I want to see Dina rescued and the Sorceress defeated! Rawwwr!

It makes me happy to know that you are both so vested :) All the better, for you shall better appreciate all the plots and twists and stuff that I've prepared for you down the road (^^)

So am I. Vested. I ponder Amaranth frequently, especially during driving at work, and I mull over tons of situations all the time, some of which happened, or are happening, or might someday. My life would really be worse off had I not started this thing. I adore our main characters, too, and strive to connect with them enough to feel them. I actually broke into literal tears halfway through writing Violet's speech, alongside her, and had to take a break before I could finish. I could just about see Dina the way Violet described her, lying in some damp corner of a... - No, I better not go back there again...

Eh, just don't tell the other wolves *whine*

Sorry for the one liner, Kaerri >.<

I seem to remember planning lengthier post, but now this is all that I can do. Maybe not a whole lot needs to be said at every turn. Anyway, you did confuse both me and Violet for a spell there, so a brief resolution is in order before we return to the planning table :P *woof*

Announcement

I'm gonna be super short here because I'm super hyped at the moment *howl*

As you must have noticed, Hosted Projects finally got their long overdue update (thanks Staff <3), which means that I finally have the power to make these forums look and feel as fancy as they once did. Also patch up stuff that's been waiting to be patched up ever since the transition back to BB Code. So I'm going to be doing that until further notice, though of course this does not signal any interruption to the pacing of the game. Repeat, the game continues normally, just be on the lookout for updates (which will be mentioned here in the OOC).

I'd go into greater length, but I really am too hyped to engage in suc

I am hyped too! ^D^ If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer. (Note: Joining the invite automatically sets you to follow the HP forum and all of its subforums. You can unwatch as normal if you want.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back