• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

Hope to see you posting more often, Rekai :)

As for me, I have just moved into a new apartment with my brother, so between cleaning out our old apartments and slapping together 2700 dollars worth of Ikea furniture (an only somewhat furnished apartment...), plus work and having yet to actually unpack... I have been somewhat occupied last ten days *woof*

Plus waiting for internet access, still. Sigh. Hope to be on top of things soon though *rawrrr*

Ok things have normalized... mostly. Sorry, my fault as I could have gotten back sooner but for various reasons didn't. One of them laziness sigh... *whine*

Hope to post tomorrow. You guys still here? :/:

Ok things have normalized... mostly. Sorry, my fault as I could have gotten back sooner but for various reasons didn't. One of them laziness sigh... *whine*

Hope to post tomorrow. You guys still here? :/:
I am also here! Had some projects during the week and then went on some heavy R&R afterwards, so no worries!

I like how Faron is being super overly friendly towards Carn lol. I guess it must be a drakkar thing!

Also did not foresee how "Faron" and "Aron" are gonna synergize. Faron said to Aron... Haha :D *woof*

Ah yes, Rekai let us try to pick up the pace, hm? We both took 10 days to reply which may not sound like too much, but that means the others had to wait for like 3 weeks for a response... They probably forgot what their characters are even doing there! *whine* Not to mention that at this rate, we will be here for a long, long time. I don't wanna burden our kids with completing the story of Amaranth >.<

Still feel like we can and should finish the current chapter within the bounds of 2023. Let's aim for that, shall we? (^^)..

EDIT: Oh and I polished up the Quests thread, it is now up to date - feel free to reference it if feeling lost. The currently most relevant quest (Death From Above) has been updated, and I marked our little minor quest as completed (Mountain Flowers, if memory serves, Dannigan made it clear that Auri would have completed it on his way down the mountain, which I am sure Master Renhart appreciated very much and I wouldn't expect any less from the friendliest drakkar ever to walk on Asura! :D)

Last edited:
I marked our little minor quest as completed (Mountain Flowers, if memory serves, Dannigan made it clear that Auri would have completed it on his way down the mountain, which I am sure Master Renhart appreciated very much and I wouldn't expect any less from the friendliest drakkar ever to walk on Asura! :D)

Whitney Houston Agree GIF

My name is Dannigan and I approve of this message. =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Sorry for fairly short post, I wanted to get something in to help move things along, but couldn't think of much.

So sorry for the pause. Been struggling with motivation for a while, but I think I am finding it again now *woof*

I'll be on a trip for a week or so from tomorrow, but I am taking my laptop with me so I will be able to post and answer questions.

So sorry for the pause. Been struggling with motivation for a while, but I think I am finding it again now *woof*

I'll be on a trip for a week or so from tomorrow, but I am taking my laptop with me so I will be able to post and answer questions.
Did someone say "motivation"?

Hoping to hear from Rekai Leon Rekai Leon ^^

You and Parrot are in the dragon's path and the closest ones (even if only marginally). What are you gonna do? You have seconds to decide *rawrrr*

I'm going to try posting more often so that it's never more than a week past the point where the majority of players have turned their posts in. Which I guess at means 2/3, but I will aim to find a player or two to join us, most likely on start of next chapter *woof*

So as Parrot has rightfully complained, I've owed you guys a map of the current area for a while now. I switched to a new PC this year and in doing so left behind the 15 year old image editor I'd been using until that point, planning to finally get my paws on something newer. I didn't realize just how good I was with the old editor until I tried working in something new, it was just a pain and bother so I kept delaying and in the meanwhile had no image editor at all, which is why I haven't produced any maps this year at all... Which is a shame, because I did enjoy making them, even if they were pretty basic - they still conveyed the point, I felt, and were surely useful at least a handful of times.

This is one such time (thanks to Parrot for the reminder). I realize that things likely look quite different in your heads compared to mine, even when you account for my descriptions, so I hope this will help put us all on the same page. Please bear with me as I'm currently experimenting with using Dungeondraft and Photoshop for effectively the first time, it's not entirely going according to plan but it should be good enough. I also apologize for the low effort character tokens, will see about replacing those with something nicer in the future.

Oh, and, do let me know - I'm curious how much this map differs from what you guys had envisioned *woof*

Also, it ended up a bit... bigger than I intended, so RPN won't accept it and Imgur will compress the quality somewhat, but hey.... You should be able to tell the dragon's original position from the skid marks on the snow and what's leftover from the fire. Note that both the big round tower built into the keep and the smaller square tower adjacent to the armory have their tops blown off, I just failed to actually show that.

click here for the map

Thank you Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr ! This definitely helps me to strategize better on what Carn should do next. I was actually expecting the courtyard to be a bit smaller actually 😅
This place is huuuuuuge

Hm, I don't think it's that huge, I think it's just the right size actually but oh well, in my head at least *woof*

I was basing everything off of the 5x5 ft square or better said a normal person's size. That dictated how big the towers should be, the width of the wall (like assuming that 2 people ought to be able to walk abreast along the wall), and of course the size of the dragon, which seems both too big and not big enough at times lol. I know I stated it to be about/at least 60ft long, and that's what the model actually shows once you account for the tail being not fully stretched out - or like how I mentioned that the fortress likely wouldn't have enough room for more than a few of them, which apparently also checks out.

Now remember that a full sized adult dragon is supposed to be even bigger, and be glad you're not up against one of those. Or perhaps not, since this particular dragon, even if on the smaller side of the spectrum for an adult, keeps demonstrating an uncanny intelligence and viciousness... Even the professionals got rekt two times facing it. So I guess good luck ^^

For the time being I guess we're not properly in combat time or utilizing the W.A.R.S., I wasn't gonna force it since you guys are understandably a bit disconnected from the mechanics and the game altogether, but I'd like to pick up the pace and see everyone (including me!) posting more often and trying to stick with W.A.R.S. during the chapter's final combat encounter at least.

Please let me know right away if anyone has questions or difficulties as to how to proceed Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait Kaerri Kaerri Rekai Leon Rekai Leon *woof* (tag bcs it's been a while especially be nice to hear from Rekai ^^)

Sorry, work and university are draining all of my energy. I will try to write a reply this weekend. By the way, I haven’t got the chance to say this, so happy birthday to our cute and fluffy gamemaster! I wish you the very best!

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Welp, all our characters are having a bad time right now x3
Btw, I'll start using the W.A.R.S. from here on out. Would you like me to keep track of Carn's vigor?

Kaerri Kaerri Rekai Leon Rekai Leon Now that we're in a fight, we have the luxury off OOC to setup some "coincidental" coordination for our characters xD
I was thinking how we could tackle this encounter, and I got two ideas. One idead is that we can target the wings to prevent the dragon from fleeing + whittle it down. My other idea is that we crit shot the dragon's head by luring the dragon closer inbetween the two archer groups so they have a closer shot. You guys got other ideas as well?

I have the flu >.> So my brain is foggy. (On the other hand, I'll be home all week instead of at work.) Can't think of ideas but yours sound good. Remember we may need enhanced arrows (Wolf mentioned something about that with Violet's shots, I think?) to get past its scales. Or aim for eyes. Eyes might be good anyway, come to think of it.

Are we trying to kill it or drive it off? Maggie's a little sad at the thought of killing it (in theory, it's a fantastic creature) but that's balanced by the fact that it clearly doesn't feel the same way about us or anyone else that we know of, and there's the nearby village to think of. Plus, there's no guarantee it'll stay driven off.

Btw, I'll start using the W.A.R.S. from here on out. Would you like me to keep track of Carn's vigor?
I think for this encounter since it's only one dragon to worry about, we won't go into it. We will test it in the next encounter and see if it's even a good idea.

we have the luxury off OOC to setup some "coincidental" coordination for our characters xD
I mean technically since you were prepared and knew what you were going into, there's no need to be "coincidental". We didn't RP all the preparations back int he fortress or at the village or during the ascent, but it's no unreasonable to assume some tactics would have been discussed and though I prefer as much IC as possible you may of course discuss actions OOC as well ^^

Are we trying to kill it or drive it off? Maggie's a little sad at the thought of killing it (in theory, it's a fantastic creature) but that's balanced by the fact that it clearly doesn't feel the same way about us or anyone else that we know of, and there's the nearby village to think of. Plus, there's no guarantee it'll stay driven off.
The hunters, or at least those 3 surviving ones are supposedly there to kill it, though you raise a good point about simply surviving - especially for the Chosen whose mission never included the dragon apart from having to deal with it if it becomes an obstacle, but you guys are here on a much more important mission, there's a lot of people counting on you... But yes, fantastic or not, the dragon has proved itself cunning, malicious, and aggressive in all of its appearances in the North in the last few weeks. Most recently when it attacked Aron's party for no apparent reason and while they were still near the base of the mountain at that, close to the village. And it came after the hunter twice... And now at all of you ^^ Still, it is up to you what you aim to do, and how you go about doing it. I am here if you have questions *woof*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back