• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Literate Partner Wanted, Plots Inside~ (Historical? Fantasy? Dystopian?)

clockwork girl

memento mori
Hello! This is clockwork girl, at your service!

(Actually, this is my search thread, so would it be the other way around...?)

I just joined this lovely site, and I'm excited to get a roleplay going and meet some partners to get creative with! Oh, don't worry though, I've been roleplaying for several years now. I'm going to keep this (relatively) short (for me anyways), since it might be a tad bit late into the night.

First off, requirements!

- Please be literate and use correct punctuation and grammar. I totally understand typos, and if your OOC talk is silly (as is mine, I promise), that's perfectly fine, but IC, I'd rather not be distracted from your great post and characters by stuff like that. Please?

- Be okay with playing a male character? I know, I know. But I'm talking about the main protagonists only. Obviously, we're going to have a lot of other supporting/minor characters (the more the merrier), so I hope that makes up for it.

- Maybe this is redundant, but I'd like a least a few paragraphs from my partner. Like, nice, plump paragraphs. (What can I say? They make me happy....)

- Keep an open window for communication (and maybe some silly ooc stuff). I'd really like to be friends with my partners, after all.

- Violence, language, dark themes, adult themes...that's all perfectly fine, but I'm not interested in writing out explicit sex scenes. Implications are good enough, hon.

- As far as frequency of posting, I'm pretty relaxed because I understand how hectic life can be. RL (sadly) has to come first. It'd be nice to get an estimated time of arrival posting, though. A few times a week is perfectly fine for me, and anything else is always negotiable.

- I'm fond of romance. Nothing instant, or anything like that. It doesn't have to be the main focus of the plot, because that can be...boring. But yes, I like a little romance in my stories. I usually do MxF pairings, unless I'm feeling up for slash.

Okay! Did I scare you away yet? No? Good!

Now onto the fun stuff you've been waiting for!

I'm fond of most genres, excepting hard-core sci fi. My favorites are historical fantasy, fantasy, and dystopian, but I'll be willing to do any genre if it has a compelling plot and setting.

Right now, I'm particularly craving something a bit historical, and I do have some ideas for them too. However, I'll also have a list of pairings or setting at the bottom, so if you like any of them (or have any to share), feel free to let me know, even if it's not historical. Seriously. Throw ideas at me.

So, if you know about the Borgias, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. It's like court intrigue, but in the Vatican instead, and Rome in general. It doesn't have to involve actual Borgia family members, but it certainly can. I'm thinking about a theme of possessive love, and then I came across this
, and then I thought about Cesare and Lucrezia and their rumored relationship. Of course, if incest isn't your thing (only child here, so I guess it doesn't squick me much?), that's totally understandable--which is why it could simply be two unrelated people instead. It works well either way.
This is going to sound a little cliched, but yeah. After a terrible war between two enemy kingdoms, a boy and a girl who have lost everyone and everything meet on the battlefield and bury the dead. They promise over the graves that in the future, there will be no more wars full of sadness, and then part. But it turns out each child is from the opposite kingdom, and heirs to their respective throne. They've always thought of each other and wanted to meet again, but when they finally do, it seems that fate only wants to repeat the past.... Obviously this isn't the complete plot. Brainstorming!

Dystopian to the core. This one's pretty loose,and might actually be more of a setting/world than just one plot. Each city is more like a city-state, and we're got secret police enforcers of the government, rumored to have assassins to erase those who are a bit too vocal or know too much. In the shadows, we have affiliations each fighting for what they believe in--from freedom, to mere thugs wanting cash. Poverty is afoot, and corruption of course is in abundance. There's a looot to be fleshed out, so this one could be pretty unique, depending on how we spin it!

And as always, these aren't all set in stone, so any ideas you've got, anything you want to change...I'm totally open to it!

I have more floating around in my head, but....it's not coming right now. I'll probably update this again, but for now, those are a bit of my half-formed plots.

Some fandoms:

Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire

The Hunger Games

Persona 3

The World Ends With You

Dragon Age

Some themes:

Dark/Possessive Love - I've been craving it again, hoo boy.

Forbidden Love - Ahh, the staple.

Intrigue/Betrayal

Twisted Fairy Tales

Government oppression/Revolution - Nice dystopian stuff, too.

Okay, this got long (even though I was trying to keep it short...). I'm still new so, I won't be able to pm anyone for a bit, so please pm me first, or post here. Thanks for sticking around to the end! I hope to hear from you soon~

Hey! I'm really interested in the "Better World" plot (dystopian societies are the best to roleplay) and the theme of possessive or forbidden love, maybe we could entwine the three together somehow into something awesome? I've been roleplaying for year, and I'm really descriptive. Yes, I am a girl, but I tend to prefer roleplaying as a male. I find it way more fun and interesting. PM me if you're still looking and we can discuss plots and characters! If not, then have a wonderful day.

Rosie said:
Hey! I'm really interested in the "Better World" plot (dystopian societies are the best to roleplay) and the theme of possessive or forbidden love, maybe we could entwine the three together somehow into something awesome? I've been roleplaying for year, and I'm really descriptive. Yes, I am a girl, but I tend to prefer roleplaying as a male. I find it way more fun and interesting. PM me if you're still looking and we can discuss plots and characters! If not, then have a wonderful day.
Hey, nice to meet you! c; Ohohoho yeees, I see you share my love for the dystopians. (And yeees yess, throwing things together and mixing them up is all me!) Definitely, I'd love to write with you! I think we'd get along smashingly. I'd love to plot and create characters--but because I'm so new, I'm not able to start pm convos yet! Perhaps you could pm me first? ;D I hope I can talk to you soon!

I'm pleased to hear it! And of course, I'm in a lecture right now (phone under the desk trick) but it finishes in about 15 minutes. I'll inbox you when I get back to my room! ( :) )

Rosie said:
I'm pleased to hear it! And of course, I'm in a lecture right now (phone under the desk trick) but it finishes in about 15 minutes. I'll inbox you when I get back to my room! ( :) )
Hoo boy, careful you don't get caught! >u< And I'll be here, impatiently being patient~

RedCrow said:
Did you have anything specific in mind for a Dragon Age roleplay?
No, nothing specific. I'm simply very fond of the world it's in, and the various mythologies surrounding it, the different factions and all that. I'd probably stay away from canon characters or being involved directly in the canon events, though.

Really? Cool! That's the kind of story I'm more interested in anyway. Any idea what time period you'd be most interested in? During Origins? Or maybe Inquisition? What about the kind of character you'd like to play? Would he or she be associated with the Grey Wardens or Inquisition in any way? You don't have to tell me anything too specific. Personally I prefer more improvisation as opposed to having a strict outline or plan to stick to.

Personally I like the idea of being part of the Inquisition, but not the main characters. So like, a party that goes on all those missions that you do from the War Room, if that makes sense. Also the main character I plan on playing would be a male human rogue/assassin-type, but obviously I'm willing to play multiple characters.

RedCrow said:
Really? Cool! That's the kind of story I'm more interested in anyway. Any idea what time period you'd be most interested in? During Origins? Or maybe Inquisition? What about the kind of character you'd like to play? Would he or she be associated with the Grey Wardens or Inquisition in any way? You don't have to tell me anything too specific. Personally I prefer more improvisation as opposed to having a strict outline or plan to stick to.
Personally I like the idea of being part of the Inquisition, but not the main characters. So like, a party that goes on all those missions that you do from the War Room, if that makes sense. Also the main character I plan on playing would be a male human rogue/assassin-type, but obviously I'm willing to play multiple characters.
I'm sorry this took a while, I got caught up with dinner and family. xD ; But wonderful, we seem to have a similar idea of the kind of DA rp we want. ;D I'm least familiar with the Inquisition time period, because it's the one game I didn't get to play yet. D: However, most of my knowledge is from ridiculous amounts of time spent on wikis, so I could definitely look into everything, if you're fine with that as well. I typically don't have a character ready made to go, and I agree with the whole improvisation thing. I tend to lean towards a lot of the Templar/Apostate conflicts (it's so interesting! And persona no grata. All that stuff), and the Alienages and the elves. Depending on the plot, I'll come up with a character I want, but now that I think about it, it's usually elves or mages. x3

By the way, we can definitely continue this in pm--though I think I still have a few more posts to do before I can unlock that--so if you don't mind and you like to further plot, if you could invite me to a convo, that'd be great!

I'm fairly new as well, so I don't think I have permission to send PMs. I suppose we could start a thread in the 1x1 section for the sake discussion and keeping this thread free of too much chatter. If you want me to do that let me know and I'll post the link here.

Hi clockwork, I'm Quix. I really love that you love twisted fairy tales because, guess what? So do I! Alright now that we have something in common, I am so down for doing a fairytale with you, and possibly combining that with the dark/possessive love stuff.

QuixoticKitten said:
Hi clockwork, I'm Quix. I really love that you love twisted fairy tales because, guess what? So do I! Alright now that we have something in common, I am so down for doing a fairytale with you, and possibly combining that with the dark/possessive love stuff.
Hello Quix! Great to meet someone with a passion for twisted faery tales! At lassssttt~~~ xD But yes, I'd love get something brewing with you! Maybe we can get a pm convo going and get the details worked out!

Hey there!

I might be interested in doing something based on Game of Thrones, if you've got an idea or two already for it? I'm a bit blank at the moment, so I'm just curious to hear if you had anything in mind or not. :]

Hey there, clockwork!

I seem to meet all of your prerequisites, and you seem like an awesome person to role play with already, just from OOC! I would be really interested in Game of Thrones and The Hunger Games. However, for the fandom's, I am more OC than canon, I prefer the universe to the stories, if that makes sense? If you are still interested in either GOT or THG, then drop me a pm and we can have a chat and discuss a plot!

Ktulu said:
Hey there!
I might be interested in doing something based on Game of Thrones, if you've got an idea or two already for it? I'm a bit blank at the moment, so I'm just curious to hear if you had anything in mind or not. :]
Hello! Can't say no to a GoT setting! I don't have anything super concrete, but I do have some loose concepts floating around in my head. We can discuss and brainstorm, and maybe we can get something started! c; I'm out and about for now, but when I get home in about an hour, I'll make sure to shoot you a pm with my thoughts!

jaajdbfd said:
Hey there, clockwork!
I seem to meet all of your prerequisites, and you seem like an awesome person to role play with already, just from OOC! I would be really interested in Game of Thrones and The Hunger Games. However, for the fandom's, I am more OC than canon, I prefer the universe to the stories, if that makes sense? If you are still interested in either GOT or THG, then drop me a pm and we can have a chat and discuss a plot!
Hey there! I definitely understand liking ocs over canon; I myself prefer the universes as settings. I'm interested in both THG and GoT, and I'd love to discuss both with you! Did you have any specific plots in mind?

[QUOTE="clockwork girl]Hello! Can't say no to a GoT setting! I don't have anything super concrete, but I do have some loose concepts floating around in my head. We can discuss and brainstorm, and maybe we can get something started! c; I'm out and about for now, but when I get home in about an hour, I'll make sure to shoot you a pm with my thoughts!

Hey there! I definitely understand liking ocs over canon; I myself prefer the universes as settings. I'm interested in both THG and GoT, and I'd love to discuss both with you! Did you have any specific plots in mind?

[/QUOTE]
I'll pm you with my very loose skeletons of ideas, and you can help me build it up into something that'll be good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back