• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Literate Partner Search

shayned

Unlucky Member
Alrighty then.

This is my technically my first post and I'm a relatively new member, so please don't strangle me if I mess up with some of the etiquette or something. Also, I had no clue on how to spice this up with pretty text and pictures so excuse my minimal effort. Either way, I'm looking for maybe one or two new partners on this site to begin a role play with. I'll list some expectations below. If you're interested, shoot me a pm and chances are I'll respond within the same day. (Mind you, I'm on EST so if the message is sent at an ungodly hour I may be asleep, but not always.)

About me (???):

- Call me Shayne.
- I'm not a huge OOC talker, just because I don't consider my life to be particularly interesting. Of course, there are exceptions to this like when I'll be gone for some reason or another and unable to respond. I'm usually an okay listener though, so feel free to crank out a rant if you want. I'm also open to negotiate plot, so hmu.
- I work off and on and I'm a student, and sometimes this can get in the way, so if I don't respond for maybe three days then don't assume I'm dead
- When I'll be gone, I almost always try to alert you beforehand. Sometimes, a lot happens and if you're getting a lot of excuses for my absence feel free to punch me in the face because, I know, dick move.
- In role plays, I really only play male main characters, and then do quite a bit of doubling. An extensive plot needs multiple characters, I think. Just a preference and I could probably be persuaded on this.
- MxF is really all I do if you'd like to involve romance. I guess I sort of prefer it because it adds some nice dimensions to characters sometimes, but only when done right. Maybe negotiate with me on this.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- I don't do fandom rps. I legitimately only watch one show so...
- My post length is anywhere from two to six(?) paragraphs so I guess you'd consider that literate. I'll usually match post length but don't give me skimpy paragraphs and don't go any shorter than that please. It just bums me out a little.
- I really only role play through pm

Expectations:

- Get in one post every three days AT LEAST. I'll usually try to respond at least once a day if I have something to respond to.
- Let me know if you'll be gone for an extensive period of time or if your post frequency will go down for any reason. You don't even have to give an explanation just let me know so I'm not waiting on you. If you can't because you maybe don't have Internet or something, don't worry about it. I'm not a complete prick and I'll understand.
- Meet the post length I mentioned above and have semi-respectable grammar. I'm no wizard in vocabulary but my paragraphs are at least legible.
- I'm assuming you dropped the rp if you don't respond within about three weeks without explanation.
- Tell me your preference in face claim because I have absolutely no preference in this ninety-percent of the time.
- If you have any questions, let me know. I can't think of anything else to put here so maybe I left something out.

Plots, Sort Of:

Note: These plots are a little rough and pretty negotiable. Also, there's only two and I'd like to have two different partners take on one each.

((I once had a role play that went along these lines, but never got out of the planning period. It sucked because I was excited about it, and I'd definitely be willing to try it again. Prob be Character B.))

Plot #1:

Character A is originally from a small town in the middle of nowhere, but as a teenager moved away swearing to leave farm life and dusty dirt roads behind forever for a glamorous city lifestyle (maybe to become famous or something, I don't know). However, the city was colder and rougher than expected. Now, years later, Character A returns, laid off, exhausted, and broke, and immediately becomes the gossip of the town. As opposed to moving back in with Mom and Dad, Character A instead opts to buy an older, larger house that for some absurd reason was sold at an extremely low price, just to spite the parents. However, some gentle studying into the building's history reveals a set of gruesome murders that happened way back. Still, unable to sacrifice the pride to move back in with Mom and Dad, Character A moves in and begins renovating, much to a few angry spirits' disapproval. Character B, one of those displeased lingering spirits, begins haunting the newest owner and trying to scare Character A off through a series of both paranormal activities and encounters. However, Character A remains vigilant and determined to remain in the clearly haunted house. When the back and forth becomes tiresome, Character B becomes more of a general nuisance by applying simple ghostly tricks here and there and following Character A around nagging like a child. He also boasts that he can help Character A move back to the city with a disgustingly large amount of money hidden within the house that only he can access... but there's a catch. In order to get the money, Character A will have to help Character B find the person who murdered him by investigating the series of... intriguing characters within the town.

Plot #2

((I'm still mulling over this one, so definitely give me any ideas if you'd be willing to try it. I would be fine taking on either character.))

Beyond a human's naked eye lies an entire civilization of surreal, fantasy beasts that wander within mundane society. Most are well hidden, but every now and again one will be caught and humans will seep into complete pandemonium in fearing for their supposed perfect environment and safety. Of course, that was how it was one hundred years ago, but now the fantasy creatures have introduced themselves civilly into the human population... under strict regulations. They cannot harm humans under any means, they must wear a particular shade of red to identify themselves, and always keep on their identification wrist band. Most importantly, beasts stay within their designated districts unless given specific instruction and permission to leave, and humans must not enter these districts under the same laws. These are some of the rules they follow, but of course, rules were made to be broken. As a right of passage, a certain Character A, a rowdy and wild human, decides it would be a fantastic idea to break into the Creature District on one of the most important days of the year: the first day of Pacem. Pacem is a primarily monster-celebrated holiday on which the monsters were permitted entrance to human society and no longer lived in fear of being caught. During this time, almost all monster districts become extensive raves where mythical creatures of all shapes and sizes break loose for just two days before returning to their confined lives for another year. By breaking in on Pacem, Character A loses track of their friends and becomes a target for district security. Some beasts also consider a human's intrusion into Pacem to be the highest offense, and will take it upon themselves to deliver punishment. To survive the holiday, Character A decides to stick around Character B, a disguised monster participating in the party that vows to help get Character A home and back together with friends. However, in order to do so, they must avoid all of those in pursuit of the human as well as some who are searching for Character B, a supposedly escaped prisoner.

Finally, if you'd be interested in spitballing your own plot to me, that's fine. Keep in mind I really dig supernatural or fantasy plots, especially demons or angels.

Bless anyone who had the patience to actually read all that. Thanks in advance to anyone interested!

Hi! I like the Plot #1 idea, but I'm usually all for a romance rp. How do you feel abt making a plot with more of a romance subplot or just romance all the way? PM me!

Hi! I find both of your plots very intriguing! I can never resist ghosts and monsters! And I don't mind if there's no romance (I'm not particularly skilled in writing romance anyways). If you're still looking for a partner, feel free to shoot me a pm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back