• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

List of Fellows

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Okay, so I know Staff is super busy right now, but I've heard a couple people ask around if there's a list of Fellows. And there's none that I can find.

Now, I know Fellows are not Staff, and should not be elevated to the level of Staff, but I think it would be a useful reference tool if a public list of Fellows were maintained somewhere on the site. Fellows are sort of the first stop for users with questions in my opinion, and I think a list of Fellows would be a useful resource.

Pros and cons, discuss, yeah? I know having a colored username attracts a lot of attention already, and some Fellows might not feel comfortable being pointed out like this.

Oops, I responded there the same time you posted this. Good thing we're on the same page!

I'm white. That's more in-sync than I'll ever be in my life.

Its been discussed in the past several times.

We had one originally but that was provided by an addon, I think.

The issue is that we have trouble even keeping the internal Fellows List (the one the Fellowship has) updated as the group is fluid depending on what people can do time-commitment wise.

I am not saying I'd be against it or it isn't possible. However a list that isn't updated might not be too helpful.

So some time might be necessary to let things be settled a bit and then a list can probably be manufactured?

Nevertheless, I am just speaking from personal opinion. Like I said, it isn't a bad idea (at least in theory).

welian said:
Oops, I responded there the same time you posted this. Good thing we're on the same page!
Well, we might be on the same page figuratively, but clearly not actually given all this being out of sync! xD

Miz said:
The issue is that we have trouble even keeping the internal Fellows List (the one the Fellowship has) updated as the group is fluid depending on what people can do time-commitment wise.
Hmmm... Is there some way to automate this? Some forum software supports user groups, perhaps all Fellows could be added to a user group, and then a page is created that automatically displays all members in the group.

welian said:
Hmmm... Is there some way to automate this? Some forum software supports user groups, perhaps all Fellows could be added to a user group, and then a page is created that automatically displays all members in the group.
That is what the addon we had did (I think it broke though). They are in a user-group.

There is probably a way for it, as unlike the Staff List, Fellows don't have "positions" (at least not in the traditional sense).

However there is pros and cons to adding automation like that either if its coded or if through an addon because Xenforo updates... among other things. That has to all be weighed in for a relatively minor feature.

Still I can see its helpfulness (O:))

I know it might not be my place to say so but I like to consider myself good with keeping up with lists and stuff. I wouldn't mind editing and since I'm quite active I'm fairly confident I could keep it updated. >< Don't know if I'm allowed though. Just a thought. :)

I would be.

I'm at work at the moment and was going to wait until I got home, but since I've been tagged, I'd be happy to pull something together if this is something the admin is interested in pursuing. (:

I think in light of the current upheavals, a regularly updated list of Fellows might be useful for new and existing users to have available. But it's not a red-hot urgent priority. You don't need to disturb your 'actual job' (laughs up sleeve) to pull something together.

Captain Hesperus

I think it'd be something easy to maintain. I'm perfectly happy doing it. xD You better be nice to me, Hespy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back