Like Us They Bleed [concluded]

Syniad barely kept himself from grinning with anticipation, and plastered on a thoughtful expression. "Well, let's see.." As much as Thornton had tried to cover up the cause of his father's death, the Order had stationed powerful mind-readers disguised as servants in the castle; as the Order had a smaller presence then (and even now it did) they had been undetectable.

"Well, Troy is an obvious one. I wouldn't trust her with your curse mark at all." He didn't reveal how he knew of such a thing, knowing curiosity would pull her in further.

"Kuvira is, as well, along with your brother.. Even Lance is in on the secret those three were hiding. But.. Telling you hasn't even crossed his mind."

As he spoke, Syniad watched Cecile's reactions carefully. Offhandedly, the man continued to comment:

"Kuvira plans to use your magic for her own gains, and boy, are they selfish." Admittedly, he wasn't quite sure if this was true, but given Cecile's distrust of the woman as it was, a white lie wouldn't hurt.

"I can train you, too, so long as you let me observe. I know the complexities of magic, and while I can't harness their true power, studying them is a close second. If you would be able to place your trust in a stranger--which I don't blame you if you can't--then I would be happy to help." With that, he waited patiently for Cecile's response, hoping that if he hadn't ensured her trust then he had at least sowed the seeds of doubt in her mind.

Thornton was confident in his plan, but doubt came to his mind when Kuvira stopped him near the entry way. He then listened carefully to her thoughts on the plan, nodding as she spoke. Kuvira was correct in her assessment; the other knights wouldn't take to the news so kindly. It was still too soon in the reconstruction plans to risk upsetting the subjects and military forces. His eyes never left Kuvira's and appeared deep in thought. He could see that there was no denying the risks involved with such a plan. The stakes were too high.

The king then let out a long sigh. On the other hand, the possibility of Troy having the knowledge they needed on Cecile's attacker was too great a chance to let slip. Thornton could not live with himself if he was unable to protect his sister form losing her mind. The thought of Cecile becoming permanently lost in darkness was heartbreaking to him. Her life was significantly more valuable than the commander's.

"You're right... such a plan would be rash", he said. He knew the princess's well being was more important to him, but the knights of the Rose Kingdom? He wasn't so sure who they would care more for.

Now the king glanced to the left slightly and returned his eyes to Kuvira. He gestured to her and the two began their walk back to the Rose Palace. They spoke while they walked. "Then what must we do, my queen? I am asking for your guidance. How should we handle our prisoner? We have to make her talk some how...", he said. He was willing to give Kuvira complete control of the situation.

. . .

Little did Cecile know, she was falling right into Syniad's trap. The gullible girl was now believing every word he said, and as he predicted she was quick to turn against Kuvira. Now she carried a suspicious stare, but it was not directed at Syniad; it was directed at everyone else. She was thinking hard about her brother and Lance, wondering what they could possibly have decided to keep from her. Then the girl became visibly exasperated, and appeared more hurt. "I knew it none of them actually want me to amount to anything! They're still treating me like a baby!", she whined.

She paced wondering what information Lance had withheld from her. That bit of information was perhaps what mattered to her most. She learned quickly to expect her brother to go alone with whatever it is Kuvira decides, but for Lance that was a surprise although she still believed it. Lance, too, had a history of siding with Kuvira.

"What have they been keeping from me?" the angry princess asked. He was, of course, referring to the dirty secret regarding King Thornton. Poor Thornton only wanted to protect his little sister form the truth about their father, and from the fact that he had essentially killed him for her.

At last she contemplated his suggestion, and her angry stare never budged. "I knew there must have been some reason for Her Highness", she emphasized the last part sarcastically, "to suddenly decide she wanted to train me!" She seemed angry still but she looked the man over, wondering if he was good enough to train her.

. . .

From behind the counter of the apothecary Heinrich and Prudence stood in silence. They were waiting to see if they would hear any sort of response from Yaro, or perhaps a sound to indicate his general direction. However, he appeared to already be gone from the shop. The pregnant woman stepped around the counter and examined the room, scanning the area for any evidence of recent movement. Yaro was so gravely terrified of her now that he was gone in seconds it seemed. She sighed, swallowing the feelings of doubt and sadness that emerged as she thought about it.

If Yaro were truly gone, then Heinrich and Prudence would have to travel to Valpurina alone. She knew how to access the moon-gates from being raised in Valpurina since childhood. She hated to begin her endeavors without Yaro because she knew that a strong, male figure would generate more interest in the resistance than a short pregnant female. Men would always make a mockery of her, just as Heinrich and Howard had. His replacement would be a challenge indeed. She also felt less confident entering the city without him, as she feared being discovered by the Wilting Rose.

Nevertheless, she had no choice. There wasn't time to search for him, and his actions were enough to make her believe the choice was a permanent one. She turned to the wall the masks were hanging from and lifted one for herself. Placing it upon her face she said, "we will have to travel to Valpurina without him". She was trying her hardest to maintain a neutral tone of voice, but inside she was struggling to accept it. She then cut the ends of her robe to not be too long for her and gestured to the door.

"Could you lead us to the city sewers?" she asked, this was where the moon gates would be. Now dressed like a short witch doctor, her feelings could remain hidden.

@DemetrioMachete

@Enuky K @DemetrioMachete

Standing at the entrance in the sewer, when they would arrive, would be....Yaro. He was pacing, obviously in deep thought on his next course of action. His terror of demons was deeply in bedded, that much was clear, but Yaro saw how Prudence was.....he heard sincerity in her words, honest anger, sympathy, and he empathized with her. He also felt a draw to her that he hadn't felt for anyone else in a long time. She, for lack of better words, made him feel...like himself, like he was still there.

So he waited.

When they would finally arrive, Yaro's first reaction would be to reach for his sword, but he'd not draw it. He would, after a moment, speak up. "
I know what I saw, Prudence....and I'll be honest, Witch Doctor, you scare the hell out of me.....But, Doctor, it is to my belief that, if you wished me harm, I'd be dead. "he said, speaking pragmatically. The Doctor was obviously no fool in combat, and could probably kill Yaro if he wanted too. The fact that he didn't was enough for Yaro to begrudgingly trust him, even if he didn't ENTIRELY agree with his methods.

He would then look towards Prudence, and bite his lip. "
I told you how I am around demons, and you still kept this from me......but let it never be said I am unreasonable, or without understanding.....Troy wields a Demon-blade, her soul perfectly bonded to that cursed thing.....I'll let you explain this, Prudence, but I'll know if you're lying. I'm only giving you one chance to actually explain: What the hell was that?"Yaro asked, obviously not knowing if that was possession, or....something else.

Heinrich stood by Prudence, looking out into the night. He watched with a hidden smile as Prudence dressed like himself.. satisfied that he explained the anatomy of the mask. As she mentioned having to travel without Yaro, the doctor merely shrugged his shoulders.

"I believe we could be better off without him. Despite his affinity with ice... Ahem.. He's quite hot blooded. Hot blood is never good for being inconspicuous." next.. Prudence asked Heinrich to lead her to the sewers. At first, this confounded the doctor.. But then realized that this could potentially be the way they would get to this Valpurina place. Heinrich merely nodded. It wouldnt take long to reach the sewers.. As Heinrich and Prudence arrived, it seemed as though Yaro was already there. Heinrich crossed his arms across his chest, he was about to scold the boy for running off.. But then he spoke. Heinrich frightened Yaro? How typical, he thought.. To this, the doctor merely responded.

"If I had wished you harm, it would have been you getting your brain picked at; not Howard. Do not worry over it... but I will make the polite suggestion that you dont interrupt a delicate operation again.." the doctor cleared his throat, as he rubbed it.

"Heh.. Ill put a curtain up, if it helps." if anything, Heinrich wanted to see his new companions injured by someone else.. Just so he had an excuse to heal them.. Magically or otherwise. Now the doctor fell silent. It was Prudence's turn to speak.

@Andraus @Enuky K

OOC: This will probably be short; I'm actually in class right now.

Prudence and Heinrich walked in silence to the sewer system. Once the two arrived she was surprised to find Yaro there waiting for them. He was pacing the entrance to the sewers, and appeared to be deeply contemplating the situation.

When the two came nearer to where Yaro was waiting he took on a more defensive stance with his hand on his sword. Prudence didn't like to be spoken to in such a harsh way by him, and she appreciated being able to conceal her face behind the doctor's mask. She listened as he voiced his concerns, giving her one opportunity to explain herself.

She took a deep breath and stepped closer to Yaro until she stood right before his feet. She lifted the lenses of the mask the way Heinrich had showed her and revealed her green hues to him with a cold stare. She would have to tell him the truth now, and she couldn't stand knowing he had the power to make her do that.

She let out a soft sigh before speaking, "I wanted to protect you from the truth, Yaro, but I shall protect you no longer". She paused to gesture over her midsection, which didn't appear obviously pregnant under the baggy robes.

"I appreciate everything you have done to support me, but I am not carrying a human child....", she paused to examine his expression before continuing. "Before meeting you, Yaro, I made a deal with a demon, one I couldn't keep", she hoped that this was enough of an explanation for him because she did not wish to delve more into he heinous details.

"The reason we came here for Dr. Klaus is because he is... specialized in the type of medical care I need. I am not a demon, but it is" She hated to disappoint him, but there was no innocent baby within her. "It has certain effects on me that are beyond my control", she added.

She flipped the lenses back down, concealing her eyes again before stepping away from him and glancing away. She hoped he was happy enough with those explanations, but in her uncertainty of this she decided to try and change the subject. "Can we go now?" she asked and crossed her arms. The trip to Valpurina wouldn't take too much time, but none of them could have known that Lanister was already in route to the Valpurina orphanage.

Ah, the golden moment, the monumental question, and potentially the moment of Cecile's complete loss of trust in her brother.

"Well, let's just say, Thornton killed your father." Unfortunately, that didn't quite get the desired reaction; what Syniad wanted was for the princess to completely lose hope, and turn to a seemingly all-knowing stranger--Syniad--for answers.

"It was a shame, though; your father died blaming you and not Thornton. He died cursing your name as the cause of your mother's death.. It wasn't your fault, but surely your brother secretly agrees, otherwise he wouldn't have hidden the truth. Had you confronted him about it, he would've been forced to admit his true feelings." His voice had adopted such a convincing tone of sorrow that the tiny glint of cruelty in his eyes would've been missed entirely by Cecile; her lack of training and skill in reading people didn't help, either.

"If you'll let me, I'll whisk you away to a world without lies; for I couldn't bear to defile truth against a young, innocent woman who wants nothing but freedom from the chains of supposed childishness."

Last edited by a moderator:
@Enuky K @DemetrioMachete Hope I said the name of the planet right, E-K.

Yaro wanted to question more, but knew that she'd not tell him more until they were somewhere safer. He would, however, say this much. "That thing is an Abomination, it needs to be destroyed. A Morgana born demon? An atrocity, to say the least."He said, referring to the planet. His opinion of demons did not change, and he'd still help her get her gear from the city. Whether or not he'd travel with her after that....it was left for time to tell.

Yaro would then walk over towards the Moon-gate, and open it using his blood. Stepping in, and grabbing a torch, he'd lead the two inside, before staring at the city from the edge. Yaro would then breath a sigh of relief. "
I don't care how many times I see it, This place is always beautiful.....I ever get married, I think I might settle down here.....then again, would I really be able to have a family?"He asked, somberly. He counted two family he's lost: His friends, who he traveled the world with, and his family, who raised him. He honestly didn't know if he deserved it.

Yaro would then step onto the elevator, with the other two, as it would begin lowering down. Everyone would see that there were various people in the streets, casting magic for shows, using it to help food grow (underground) or for everyday thing. This city was truly one of the few cities that were free for people to live as they pleased. Yaro saw his, and looked towards the other two. "
I know that not all nobility is bad.....but is a life like this really that horrible? People just...living? Are we really any less human because we refuse to serve a king?"Yaro asked.

The Wilting Rose served the Rose lands, not the Rulers. It was a matter of practicality: Wouldn't you defend the home you were born in, if it was all you had? The Wilting rose were no different, but they preferred their freedom. Magic was made to serve, not to be ruled and regulated. Yaro would look around, before looking towards Prudence "
Where is this place?"

Lanister would be walking through the city of Valpurina, unaware of how close to the truth he really was, and stared at the place in front of him. He didn't expect it to look so....worn down, but Lanister knew he shouldn't be surprised, as with many children left orphaned by the witch hunts, it was likely overrun with financial problems. Taking a deep breath, Lanister would knock on the front door...

Heinrich followed behind Yaro, as he lead them to the gate. As the demon baby was brought up again, his mind drifted back to Prudence's decision to carry it to term.. Part of him wondered why she chose that option.. she couldnt be that willing to be the mother of something evil, right? He shook his head.. the Doctor and his ancestors were all proud slayers of something; be it people, the Undead, demons, or all of the above.

As they entered the city, Heinrich opened up his lenses.. and took the city's beauty in full. Quite breathtaking, he thought.

"How have I not known about this place until now..?" he whispered to Prudence and Yaro. "How new... How recently.. Was this city built..?" More important than the city's history, though, was the number of delicious, injured or sick people that would require his services... A low, sinister laugh left the doctor's lips as he flicked his lenses back down, as he focused his attention on Yaro. He was dressed in disguise too, right..?

The tall, old door to the orphanage slowly creaked open, revealing a young woman standing on the other side. She was the same age as Prudence, and another person orphaned by the witch hunts. Ella had chosen to remain in the orphanage as a nanny. She cared for the children and supervised them. She was expecting Prudence to soon return for her things, but to see a Wilting Rose agent standing on the doorstep left her momentarily speechless.

"Good morning, can I help you?" she asked, stepping onto the doorstep and shutting the orphanage door behind her. She did not want to risk her association with Prudence being discovered, and she knew the Wilting Rose making an appearance could be no coincidence: they were hot on Prudence's trail. As long as she could help it, Lanister would not enter the orphanage. She wondered briefly if Prudence was still on her way, or if she'd already been discovered. Ella couldn't be sure, but her nerves were becoming anxious the more she worried about it. Hopefully, the agent couldn't notice her nervousness.

. . .

Prudence became red with shame as Yaro reprimanded her with disgust about the creature growing within her. Fortunately, neither of the two men could see this about her behind her mask. She knew that the demon would have to be slain upon giving birth; she felt no strange attachment to the monster... but she hated to be shamed for it. This was why she chose to keep the truth a secret... although she did benefit from the power of the demonic fetus. She said nothing else to either of them and followed after Yaro and Heinrich into the Moon-Gate that Yaro opened.

When the group reached Valpurina Prudence chuckled at the doctor's amazement. She and the doctor looked identical except for the stark difference in height between them. The city was just as beautiful as ever, and it was now daylight hours so it was slowly coming to life. There were citizens going about their business and most shops were open. "This way", Prudence commented. She knew the city like the back of her hand, and could easily get them to the orphanage. The streets on this morning were lit in soft, white crystal lights.

The group started down a side walk. She didn't answer any of the doctor's questions, thinking perhaps Yaro would do the honors. Prudence was inwardly amused by the doctor, however; and in a surprising mood shift for the pregnant female she suddenly blurted out, "KLAUS!" She was making her own small mockery of the Doctor's quirks, considering the two looked exactly alike while she was disguised. At the end of this street, they would reach the orphanage.

Cecile couldn't contain her expression of shock when Syniad shared with her the truth. Her mouth was gaping, and she instinctively covered it with her hand. Now she remained this way for a long moment while emotions washed over her thoughts like the ocean to the seashore. How could Thornton keep such a thing from her? How could Thornton do such a thing? She couldn't imagine her brother as a murderer.

What was perhaps the most infuriating to the girl was knowing that she was the very last person to learn the truth. Her brother, Kuvira, this stranger, and even Lance knew the truth. It was betrayal, and there was no denying it.

Her deep train of thought was shattered when the stranger mentioned "whisking her away". Now the anger from her face dissipated and was replaced with fear. She took a timid step backwards as she debated whether or not joining him was safe. The girl was hurt and betrayed, but the terrors of being held hostage were still fresh on her mind.

No, Cecile told herself, swallowing her fears and perhaps holding back tears. No more being afraid. Cecile reached for her broomstick and held it more like one would carry a walking stick. A surge of new-found confidence came over her. She wasn't the same little girl everyone wanted to believe she was, and in that moment it seemed to her that the only was to prove this was by finding her own success without them.

Cecile decided that she had no choice but to move on. Surely with her broomstick and staff she could protect herself. Eric couldn't keep her anywhere against her will as long as she had her broomstick.

Now failing to see the potential dangers of accompanying Syniad, Cecile was quick to agree. Eyeing him with determination she said, "we'll have to hurry". The fact that they hadn't already been intruded upon by a servant or her brother was a surprise to her. @Trombone Geek

Yaro would look towards Heinrich. "The city is a Military Republic run by the Three Grandmasters Osuin, Clementina, and Ysmena . It was originally founded in an age gone mad. When the Demon's began destroying the lands, what would become the Wilting Rose were one of the few military organizations left standing to actually fight against them. "Yaro said. "After the king began acting like an idiot, trading safety for luxury, the branch broke off to eventually form the Wilting Rose. The reason It's so advanced here is because magic is understood as this: Magic is as dangerous as fire is dangerous. Just don't put it in the hands of an idiot, and they won't get burned." Yaro said to Heinrich. "Just think, maybe one day everywhere in the world can be like this....it's just a thought, but it's a hopeful one, and that is something everyone needs."

Yaro would then rub his chin, trying to remember his history lessons. "
If I remember right, this place was a joint construction of the Dwarven, Elven, and Human Kingdoms. So this was......two hundred, and fifty seven years ago. The Wilting Rose were called something else back then, though the name escapes me....They were originally made to hunt down heretical mages, Demon consorters, feral monsters, and full on demons......Most people think us common assassins for hire, though our purpose has always remained clear: The defense and protection of the Rose lands. Though, as you can imagine, it's never that simple. "Yaro said to the two, mainly to Heinrich. He would then give out one interesting bit of information.

"I think the original name was 'The Rosaceae Inquisition' but I could be wrong. I think they had a hand in some big prison with the Demon's or something. Forgive me, but that knowledge is hard to come by. "Yaro said, unknowingly referring to the Umbra Cecilum. It explained why no-one could ever connect the Wilting Rose to the Demon prison. They were looking at it wrong.

The Wilting Rose didn't exist at the time. What existed was this 'Rosaceae Inquisition'.

Lanister bowed his head out of respect towards the woman. Lanister didn't understand why she was so nervous, but he believed it was because the Wilting Rose had a habit of training children at a young age to fight for their organization. It was never a pleasant situation. "Forgive me for intruding, but I'm not on orders for the Grandmasters....this is a personal matter, involving my adopted sister, and time is something I really don't have. "Lanister said, reaching into his pocket, and pulling out a single line of papers. They were adoption papers, signed for a one 'Toriel 'Troy' Conners'.

"
I was hoping you could inform me on some things....I don't know much about Troy, and she doesn't like to speak of her past, but she's in danger. She's in the Castle of Rose, facing execution for a crime I know she didn't commit. "Lanister said, and the woman could see fear was evident on his face. Lanister didn't know he was supplying information to the Resistance, especially about a girl who should be dead. "I was hoping you could tell me more about Troy, and when she grew up here. Did she have that Demon blade while here, does she know anyone that can cast a golden X shaped curse? why doesn't she like her birth name?" Lanister asked. If it was anyone else, this would seem like snooping, but it was clear that, to Lanister, this was a matter of life and death, and he didn't want to see Troy die.

@DemetrioMachete Heinrich gets some good info!

@Enuky K eh? eh? See what I did there xD ?

Heinrich listened carefully to Yaro's words.. counting out 257 using his hands. He seemed to be thinking it over.

"Hm.. sadly that is not a significant date for me.. I almost believed I could have connected this place to my Ancestor.. but 257 years is too many years short.." the way his voice trailed off... chances were he would revisit this "ancestor" of his, when they werent on a mission. Nonetheless.. This was quite a well-done city, for being so young. Heinrich had imagined it would still be a bit

under construction over the span of 257 years.. To rationalize why it looked so gorgeous and complete, he simply uttered.

"Magic is a wonderful thing."

His thoughts were cut off as Prudence mimicked the doctor's habitual announciation of his own surname.. though he didnt seem to "get it".

"Ooh!" he looked to Prudence, his smile invisible behind his mask. "Are you taking the disguise further!? Are you perchance... cosplaying my sister!?" he whispered to Prudence, leaning his lanky form down to be on eye-level with the Witch.

Syniad watched with the best expression of sorrow he could at Cecile's reactions. Her emotions quickly turned to fear, he recognized, and he almost though she would run away and call for help. However, the girl quickly steeled herself and agreed to go with him. With a small smile of encouragement, Syniad turned towards the garden wall and headed in that direction; when he reached it he suddenly picked Cecile up, taking a moment to adjust so she could be comfortable before walking up the wall after scuffing the heel of his boot on the stone. While Cecile would probably experience dizziness at the manipulation of gravity around her, Syniad had used the effect many times and felt nothing. His feet dragged while he walked, obviously the only things keeping the ability active for longer than a few seconds. When they reached the top, Cecile's dizziness would disappear and Syniad would be walking normally again, as silent as a cat by habit.

"That was one of the many things magic can do, artificial or not. I'll teach you the best I can when we get to Bathelon, where my home is. It will be a long journey so we can do some training on the way, but not much, as we will be going by foot to avoid detection." He hadn't set Cecile down yet, as they still needed to get down the other side, something achieved easily with the same gravity manipulation as before. After that, Cecile was back on her own two feet.

Syniad gave the girl a brief moment to collect herself before walking off into some of the forest surrounding the Rose Palace.

"We'll have to disguise you at some point, which means probably either a spell to completely change your appearance, which is hard to maintain and is sometimes unreliable, or we cut your hair and temporarily change your eye color with a potion I, fortunately, have on hand."

Prudence listened to Yaro's brief history lesson as they made their way down the street. "The Umbra Carcerem", she commented aloud as Yaro tried to guess the name of the forbidden shadow prison. Prudence knew from his uncertainty that Yaro knew little about it. She felt disappointed, realizing that he might not know the location of the invisible island.

The witch herself knew quite a bit about the Umbra Carcerem. She spent years studying theories about it. She had ideas about where it could be... and Prudence was determined to locate it.

The doctor then reacted to Prudence's harmless teasing. She couldn't help but chuckle at Heinrich; the joke went completely over his head. Now she played along with his silliness, "yes, I can be your sister", she said to him. Perhaps Heinrich would get more into character this way. The group was walking uphill, and once they reached the top of the hill they could see the tall, old orphanage looming in the distance.

They started down the hill, "the orphanage is right this way", she gestured to the building. From the distance they were at Lanister and Ella still weren't in view.

Finally the group neared the orphanage. Lanister had his back to them, but Ella saw them first. Her eyes widened at the unusual sight of the apparent witch doctors, but she knew they must have been related to Prudence.

"I don't have any records on children once they leave here...", she lied, "I'm afraid I have to ask you to leave now, sir... some of our children are sick and the doctors are here now..."

Cecile let out a startled yelp when the man lifted her, and clutched tightly to him as the effects of the spell came over her and they began their climb of the wall. Her head felt dizzy, and she didn't feel secure there. When they reached the top she was still clinging to him, and she did not release him until she was brought back to her feet.

She followed obediently after him into the woods, "no...", she whined about the suggestion to cut her hair. She began to twist the curls around her finger. Her messy hair barely reached her shoulders as it was, and she did not wish to cut it even shorter.

The princess appeared unsure about his next suggestions as well. She shied away, "I don't want to do that....", maybe the girl was superficial, but she liked her enormous blue eyes. The two were walking through the mountainous forestland, and quickly the terrain was becoming steep. On foot, Syniad would find Cecile's physical limitations would make heavy hiking difficult for her. She quickly began to lag behind and complain about her exhaustion.

Heinrich would have wrapped his arms around Prudence, his "sister", had she not started moving. Instead, Heinrich seemed to grapple at the air, and then whimper as he felt his love be rejected.

He made no comment on this place Prudence mentioned, believing that what ever place the witch mentioned, inevitably they would have a reason to travel there. The first thing that floated through Klaus' mind was smiting imprisoned demons and relishing in their suffering...

He followed close behind, seemingly over the denied hug.. And entered the orphanage. As the girl addressed them, Heinrich spoke up, waving at them elaborately.

"Hello~! Yes, that is us, doctors from some place!" the doctor strode forward, pulling from his robe, a sheet of papyrus. On it was.. a scripture from the Pantheon of Saint Cuthbert; something only Clerics of that deity would carry.

"See? Papers. It is legitimate. Now we need you to shoo. Posthaste." Heinrich motioned to this "Lanister" that he needed to leave, so the doctors could do their work.

Yaro decided to play along, for the sake of having nothing better to do. "You'd make a beautiful sister, Prudence.....though if that was the case, Heinrich would've probably picked my brain and put it in a rat somewhere."Yaro said, half serious and half joking. He would then stop, before pulling the two behind a set of crates, and holding up a finger. "Lanister is there, and he's talking to someone....."Yaro said, listening in to the conversation.

Lanister would cross his arms, looking down at her. He was in no mood for games, and he could easily see she was lying. "Do you take me for a fool, Elia?" Lanister said, revealing he knew her name. "I know you have records, and I know you are lying. Look, ma'am, whatever private business you have is not my concern, but right now I have bigger things to worry about. One of the people that was born here, who I consider my sister, is about to die. I'll not see Troy executed for a crime she did not commit! "Lanister said, his fist clenching. He was practically pleading with the woman now, not realizing how close he was to Prudence. "I just need to check the records, and then I'll be gone."

Though Yaro could not yet see Prudences reaction to due to the mask, she'd be able to see Yaro's. His face went from pure shock, to terror and anger in a matter of moments. The care for the woman was obvious on his face. "They're going to kill her?!"He shouted/whispered.

Syniad was glad he was facing away from Cecile as they walked; it allowed him to ro his eyes. "So you'd rather go with a method that could potentially fail and get us caught, forcing you to return to the very people who lied to you?" Syniad snapped, but he immediately looked back at the princess with an apologetic expression. " Sorry.. I shouldn't have said that. Whatever you want, I suppose I could make work. But if an important moment comes up and the consequences of us being caught are high, please recognize we may have no choice."

After a while of walking, the princess's complaints reached his ears. He looked back at her a second time and sighed. It was still only a little after noon, and while they had been walking for a bit, this was kind of pathetic.

"Just about an hour more and we'll hit a town where we can buy horses. We'll have to disguise you, give you an alias and everything, so we'd be able to take a break and plan that out. Is that okay with you?"

Prudence stood with Yaro behind the crates, but before she could silence the odd witch doctor, he was boisterously announcing their presence to the agent and the woman. He completely blurted into the man and woman's conversation. Although the doctor's moves were unexpected and ridiculous, she had no choice but to follow his lead. Prudence said to Yaro in a whispered hiss, "don't let him see you!" She was referring to Lanister, of course. Lanister and the mistress had seen the doctor, but Yaro was already safely behind the crates when the man turned to them.

She turned to leave but stopped one last time. The witch lifted the lenses of her mask and faced the man with her garden green eyes, "and don't let him take me either". Before Yaro could respond she was gone. She stepped into the view of the rest standing quietly next to the doctor. She was only his "assistant" after all. She would let him do the talking she decided while trying not to laugh at the way Heinrich addressed the Wilting Rose Agent. He was motioning for him to leave!

The orphanage mistress spoke up then, "I'm afraid the doctor is correct! Our children are contagious and they require medical care immediately! You must come back another time". She dismissed the agent and ushered for Prudence to enter the building, opening the door just enough for her. This left Lanister, Heinrich, and the mistress standing on the orphanage doorsteps. She appeared nervous and hoped the doctor could handle the situation should it escalate. Meanwhile, Prudence quickly navigated the orphanage and retrieved her wooden magic wand and broomstick. She knew the orphanage's layout, of course. The orphanage was actually empty; the orphans were out being schooled at this time of day. She returned to the other side of the door and waited nervously.

. . .

Cecile appeared hurt when Syniad used a harsh tone with her; however, she said nothing about it. Her eyes drooped downward to the ground and she silently sulked. She would have to learn to get along with this man.

Instead, Cecile tried harder to do better. She pushed herself more to keep up with him, but still she lagged somewhat. Her unfit legs and feet would soon ache as well.

She nodded in agreement to his plan, but added, "as long as you feed me too". She was hungry, after all. She trotted along as best she could after him, but at her slow speed it would have taken them much longer than an hour to reach the village.

Finally, perhaps moments before Syniad would lose his patience altogether, an idea came to her. Cecile mounted her broomstick and instructed it to flt causing her to zip forward uncontrollably. The witch was attempting to make her broomstick fly slowly, and she came to find that it was trickier than flying at high speed. She zipped back to where Syniad was and tried again. This time the broomstick shook and fought her control, seeming to desperately wish to lurch forward. After restraining it for a moment Cecile proceeded to let it move, concentrating her thoughts on moving it slowly while clutching the handle with her hands. The broomstick began to do as it was willed to do and fly at Syniad's walking speed. She flew close to the ground next to Syniad.

The broomstick still trembled unsteadily as they conquered the mountain, and it required a constant focus of her magical energy. Little did Cecile realize, this was actually a good exercise for magic control and balance. Syniad would likely appreciate it forcing her to stay quiet.

@Enuky K

@Andraus

Heinrich looked back at Prudence, smiling beneath his mask at her disguise. Something in him spoke to his mind.. Were she not a Witch.. She may have made a decent Cleric. He then returned his focus to this Lanister character, his voice growing more demanding and assertive.

"Youre risking the wellbeing of the children and yourself the longer you linger here! Skedaddle! Shoo! Tsst! You can resume your business when we're done here!" The doctor made motions with his hands, gesturing to the door. Heinrich then turned his head back to Prudence, motioning for her to go ahead and go further in.. And do whatever it was she needed to do.. To further buy into their false allibi, Heinrich spoke to her.

"Sister, go and give the children your soft voice.. it will calm them down before the operation."

Lanister sighed, but was glad they planned on not staying long. He'd get inside the building, one way or another...But Lanister was still a person of integrity. "Alright.....I will leave, but I will be outside. I need that file. If Something happens to Troy, I'll never forgive myself." Lanister said, stepping outside, and atop a nearby bench. His face showed clear worry.

(I'm so sorry it's short, but I really don't know what to post)

Syniad was quiet as they walked, enjoying the silence and the scenery. Cecile whined about him feeding her--not that he minded. He hadn't given her any time to pack anything. "Don't worry, I won't let you starve."

The two walked in relative silence like this for a while, but suddenly Cecile zoomed past him on her broomstick. At first, Syniad was confused, curious, and almost angry; but when Cecile brought the broom under control her grinned a bit.

"An excellent idea, miss. I think I would've kept walking until I died from exhaustion."

It wasn't too much longer until the two came to the forest edge. A mile or so to their left was a pathway, which would've made things easier but more dangerous. The town sprawled about half an hour's walk away, with the outskirts boasting the occasional farm.

Syniad sat down on a rather convenient log, digging in his pack for some jerky. He held it out to Cecile before taking some for himself.

"First of all, we need an alias. Have you ever though of a name other than your own that you would like to have?"

"I don't know..." she paused for a moment to think about the situation. "We can still use the information against her."she said. "If she is determined for vengeance it will work." She didn't look him in the eyes yet wrapped her arm around his as they continued to walk.

The servants were already scrambling around, searching for something or someone. She remembered her promise to train Cecile later on that day before stopping a servant and asking, "where's the princess."

"We don't know, she seems to have run off. Last time we saw her she was will this strange fellow with white hair and green eyes."
Kuvira immediately turned her eyes towards Thornton before he could say a word. She commanded that each servant and guard search for the princess. She turned back to Thornton gripping his arms tight, she lead him to an empty hallway.

"They will do the best they can to find her... But maybe it's best she isn't here. She is becoming your biggest concern and I understand that she is your sister but you are going to be a king! You have more responsibilities. She doesn't even want to be here, if she did she wouldn't have left in the first place." She knew her words wasn't comforting but it was the truth. His coronation was soon and their wedding even sooner. She let go of her grip before taking a step back. "You have to decide what you are going to tend to your country or your sister."

The orphanage mistress let out a relieved sigh when Lanister relented. The agent decided to let the woman and doctors handle their affairs. As he stepped away, she turned and gestured for Heinrich to enter the orphanage with her. The two found Prudence standing on the other side of the door. She was holding her broomstick, and her wand was tucked safely into her robe.

Before saying a word to either of them Ella reached out her arms and took Prudence into a quick embrace. "How could you do something so dangerous? How could you assault the princess-- and right in front of so many people!"

The mistress released Prudence and eyed her with an intent look of worry, "you have to get out of here. This city is crawling with agents searching for you...I knew it was you right away from your distinctive size, and so will the Wilting Rose."

The orphanage became eerily quiet as Prudence considered those words. Ella hesitated and ushered the two back to the doorway; she did not need a wanted criminal in the orphanage. "You must leave this city at once. It's only a matter of time before they find you if you stay here". She opened the door and Prudence and Heinrich stepped out, "good bye, Prudence, and be careful".

An empty feeling came over Prudence at the familiar sound of the old door shutting. She couldn't shake the feeling it would be her last time visiting there. The witch turned to Heinrich, "we better find Yaro...", she said in an attempt to distract herself from how quickly Ella dismissed them. She had already forgotten that Yaro was struggling with the knowledge of Troy facing charges for her actions.

The two doctors quickly returned to where Yaro was left behind the crates. Prudence glanced around in search of Lanister, and was satisfied that he appeared gone.

"I've got what I needed", she said aloud to the two. Admittedly she was somewhat worried after her old friend"s grave warning, and hoped they could make haste.

. . .

It wasn't long after the king and queen's return that trouble was found in the palace. The servants appeared to be anxiously searching, and Kuvira immediately noticed their uneasy behavior. The king would not have noticed the behavior of the servants if Kuvira hadn't pointed it out.

A sick feeling came over the already stressed out man as Kuvira demanded to have the princess found. Cecile was . . . gone? He couldn't quite wrap his head around it. How could his sister, who was just rescued, already be missing?

Before Thornton could react to the situation, Kuvira took a tight grip of his arm and pulled them to an empty hallway. It became more real to him as he listened to her words. Cecile was gone, and it was by her choice alone. Thornton felt so betrayed by his sister he couldn't respond. After everything he did for her she left him. Thornton couldn't stop the deep feeling of loneliness that came over him. His father was dead, and Cecile was gone. He was alone... or rather, almost alone. The king took a moment to look into Kuvira's eyes, and he instantly fell in love with her. It was a love like none he ever experienced. Kuvira became his entire world in that moment. He swallowed his feelings for his sister, and buried them away. Thornton was deeply hurt by Cecile's actions, but for Kuvira he would conceal it.

"I choose you, my queen", he said softly in response to her. He would be wrapped around her finger from that point forward. His eyes were wide and sad, a close resemblance to his twin sister's.

He tried his hardest to appear strong and chose not to acknowledge the absence of his sister, "now who was it I needed to see", he asked her. He was referring to the two advisors Kuvira met with. He would leave Troy to the grandmasters while he and Kuvira began settling important political matters.

. . .

Cecile's eyes lit up at the sound of Syniad's praise. She was still floating on her broomstick, and felt proud of herself for being able to control it. However, she could feel her energy beginning to tire from it. It was mentally draining.

At last they began to pass scattered farms as they traveled, and finally came upon an isolated log. Cecile accepted the jerkey although she did not like the tough texture. She chose to munch at it though rather than complain.

In truth, Kuvira and Thornton would have been surprised by the princess's newfound complacency. The girl could not help but keep quiet though; she was desperate for Syniad's acceptance.

The girl was seated next to Syniad and hummed to herself in thought as she considered his question. Choosing a new name would be difficult for the indecisive female.

"I want a boy's name", she commented while still thinking.

"How about... Syniad", she said. It was an odd coincidence indeed, but she had no suspicion that the name was Eric's. She turned to him expectantly, waiting to see if he approved of her choice. The girl's eyes were wide with anticipation, and her expression irresistibly sweet.

Heinrich watched the door as Lanister left, curious to see if he would come back. He didn't know what he was rambling about.. Wasn't really paying attention. As the orphanage mistress spoke to Prudence though, the doctor turned around. His eye twitched as she mentioned Prudence's stature. AHA! He thought to himself. He wasnt the only one to make shots at the girl for being so tiny. In this case, it was with reason. Apparently being so short would make her stand out? That could be a problem.. While he wouldnt mind engaging these agents in combat, his mind lingered as to how Prudence and Yaro would fare.. he barely knew their true strength. At the same time though, neither knew Klaus' true strength, either.

But wait, what was this about assaulting a princess? Heinrich thought he heard that wrong.. Swatting at his ear as though he had gunk in it. Behind his mask, his mouth was agape.. By Saint Cuthbert's robes, this Prudence was a lively Witch indeed! The doctor was thankful that Ella dropped her name as she ushered them out. Now he wouldnt have to ask. The doctor withheld all of his questions and gushing, in fact. Surely this could wait until after they were out of Valpurina... though he could not contain his high pitched laughter, which came out like a child, giddy with a new toy. He followed behind Prudence, eager to exit this place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back