Like Us They Bleed [concluded]

Cecile became red in the face with embarrassment when Kuvira once again easily overrode her pathetic efforts. She fought the stiffening spell as hard as she could, but couldn't make herself budge. She was still pushing against it when Kuvira released her from its hold, and the sudden change caused the princess to lose her balance and stumble forward. That embarrassed her further.

She said nothing to Kuvira as she made her final jabs at Cecile before turning to leave. She waited until Kuvira was out of earshot before she dropped herself to the ground and started crying to herself. Her body ached; her flabby muscles weren't tough enough to take those multiple slams to the ground easily. Her cheek also stung where it was burned. The soft princess had never been outright attacked before, as harmless as Kuvira's spells were.

After feeling sorry for herself she dragged her aching body to her feet and looked around the garden. The wind started to blow. she turned to the rustling leaves of a nearby tree and swooshed her staff in the direction of the gust. "petrificus totalus", she shouted, hoping to freeze the tree branches. The breeze kept the leaves fluttering freely. Cecile then proceeded to try and try, only managing to freeze the branches for several seconds if at all in her numerous attempts.

Finally she gave up, tossing her staff to the side and her hands in the air, "what does she have that I don't!" she screamed, frustrated that she could not copy Kuvira's spells.

Cecile then left the garden in the direction Kuvira had gone. It would be one of the hardest things the prideful female had ever done. She gulped as Kuvira came into her view.

"Kuvira... wait!" She felt hot with embarrassment when Kuvira stopped and turned to her. She hesitated, "I want you to... help me learn to wield magic", she admitted shamefully. Kuvira's "lesson" had certainly opened Cecile's eyes to certain things. Perhaps a good beating was what the spoiled princess needed.

She continued, "I'm... sorry about the ways I've acted, but please teach me! I will do whatever I have to do to make it up to you for how I've treated you". She looked to her feet in shame. She was mortified to be asking Kuvira for help.

tumblr_n4lozi2jC61rwivlyo2_250.gif

Kuvira turned to face Cecile when her name was called though her face remained neutral, she was interiorly rejoicing in triumph. She had Cecile where she wanted her.

Wow I never thought I lived to see the day you apologize, Must've been hard to swallow your pride. Very well I will teach you my methods, under the conditions that you will do exactly what I say without question. She examined Ceciles currently appearance. Her hair out of place, bruises covering her body. She found that odd since their fight didn't last long to begin with but did comment about it aloud.

"Freshen up and get medical care, you don't look presentable. I will train you at dawn in this exact spot but when you do I expect you to come with an answer for my question...What are you two elements that are require be a successful caster? Now if you excuse me I should get going." With that she left to tend to her duties. She could've healed right then and there but she didn't feel the need to. She was sure she would heal soon enough.

She walked through the halls with her advisor Vladan and one of the King's male advisors by her side. She wanted to make sure everything in the two kingdoms were in order without Thornton since He was busy in personal affairs. "Has Yunkai receive distribute the Cure yet?"

"Yes, Your Highness but the rats are becoming the main obstacle, the regent has hired personals to take care of it." Vladan replied.

" I see...And the rose kingdom?"

"Has done the same."

"Good, Now For the Rose kingdom. I think we need to start the reconstruction immediately. The decree for magic to be legalize will be discreetly, I know some people will oppose of this but I can persuade them to stay on our side. I can also sign orders to rebuild villages, construct more schools, libraries. Also market the products in the Rose kingdom such as diamonds, Jew-"
the rose advisor interrupted her before addressing the situation. "I apologize Queen Kuvira but that is not in your control, This isn't your country yet until you are wed to the king even after thag Queens here do not have that power to decree laws without the king unless she acts as a regent." She stood there for a bit letting the facts sink in. She never felt like she had limited power before, she was always the one taking charge doing things alone with the need of anyone's permission. "That is true, Your Majesty. Even after marriage you will lose power in your own country to King Thornton. You will be dependent on him because of who you are and without power, you will be nothing but a threat and a guest without the support of your king." She had more at stake than she could think of. Maybe what she was doing was a mistake. Was having the rose kingdom that important?

"Thank you for the advice, I will see Thornton Immediately then." She spun in her heel walking the other way. She knew that she had to persuade him to keep her interest in mind but not for the interests of both countries the thought of losing power frightened her. Thornton would be a great husband but A king was something only time could tell. The idea of him having so much power over her and all she could do was spread gossip, host parties, and produce children didn't seem attracting. She had to do something but what?!​

Last edited by a moderator:
As Prudence mentioned heading back into the basement, Heinrich's operation continued.

Howard's face grimaced.. As he whimpered to himself.

"Why is my head so cold...?" to this, Heinrich shrugged his shoulders as he reached for a pointed pick, and a hammer.

"Maybe because your scalp is missing from your head? Beats me.." Heinrich returned, mentally marking the spot where he would hammer into to get to the brain.

The drunken Howard did not react as Heinrich daintily applied the pick to his skull, tapping upon it lightly with the hammer. The cranium had to be removed without damaging the brain, too much. This would take several minutes, before the doctor fully removed the cranium, carefully setting it upon a tray. He rubbed his gloved hands together, as he now saw Howard's... suculent greymatter. It throbbed in the skull's cavity.

"Oooh ho ho ho ho..!" the doctor cackled maliciously, setting the pick and hammer aside and picking up another knife.

"Still awake, dear Howard? Alright.. I can see your brain now.. I will start picking at it.. Tell me if you can, what you feel as I pick and poke at it.. hee hee hee.."

If Prudence would head back to the basement soon, the sight of Heinrich and Howard in the midst if a brain operation would be the first thing to greet her..

Cecile felt ridiculous following her encounter with Kuvira. She almost regretted apologizing to her, but she was inwardly excited to begin training with Kuvira. The impatient girl wanted to become powerful quickly, and with Kuvira she felt she could do this. It didn't cross Cecile's mind that Kuvira would be a cold and unforgiving instructor-- that it would be a major challenge. After being dismissed by the queen, Cecile made her way back to the garden; she wanted to relax and enjoy the warmth while she rested her aching body. Kuvira's question for her to answer lingered on her mind for the duration of the short walk, but it would soon be forgotten.

When she arrived back in the garden she was disappointed once she was reminded that Lance was gone. There was no one there for her to entertain herself with. Sighing softly, Cecile retrieved her staff that she'd left there and made herself comfortable at the edge of the stream. "Relevare doloris mei", she said, casting the same healing spell she had used on Lance. The sapphire at the end of her staff began to emit a pink glow and she brushed the light over her skin. Her bruises and burn began to feel relief as a cool, tingling sensation replaced the pain she was experiencing. However, the spell was only able to relieve pain; it could not heal her scars. Still though, the princess felt better.

The princess leaned over the edge of the water and began smoothing her hair as best she could by her reflection. However, as Cecile eyed her reflection she found herself mesmerized by the swirling of the gentle current in the stream. She froze for a long moment, doing nothing until without warning she hopped into the stream, kicking through the water to make splashes and chuckling to herself. She was completely absorbed into her play, and seemed oblivious to all else. Cecile was experiencing the effects of her curse. She mindlessly crossed the water and wandered the garden. She remained mostly quiet except for occasional fits of laughter. She was trapped in her own little world, oblivious to all that was around her.

Thornton stormed from the interrogation room. He was frustrated with the lack of progress they were making. The king left Troy in the custody of the grand masters. Osuin had given him his word that he would watch Troy, and Thornton trusted him. Thornton was leaning against the wall of the hallway when Kuvira appeared in the near distance, heading his way. He was visibly upset, but his expression calmed before he straightened his shoulders and walked to meet Kuvira before she reached him.

"My queen", he bowed. "Where are you off to?" he asked; he had no idea about the meeting she just came from.

Lanister would walk out of the interrogation room, before sighing. "Sorry Thornton, but you ran out before I could talk to you. I think we 'might' have a lead. "Lanister said, looking at him. "If I remember right, Master Osuin told me that Troy came from an old Orphanage in Valpurina. I'll be heading there to check myself. Meanwhile, I want you to look up information on the Conners family: If Troy came from the Rose Kingdom, there's bound to be record of her somewhere. Her parent's, as I am told, were famous healers, one of the few sanctioned Mage's in this Kingdom. If you bring her the man that ordered her parents execution, you might find she'd be a bit more.....cooperative." Lanister said.

"I know Troy, and trust me, nothing will get her blood going than killing a noble. No offense, but you two are not exactly her favorite people. If we want to get anything, we'll have to play her game. Trust me, Torture won't work, She'd probably just use it as justification to stay silent." Lanister said. "We have to make it seem like we're on her side, or for me I have to be on her side. She doesn't trust you, and odds are, she expects you to kill her the moment you get what you want. You have to gain her trust in you."

Yaro shook his head at the robe, and secured his armor. He looked the part of his noble heritage, but that wasn't simply it: The armor was meant for fighting alongside a dragon, so it's resilience. He would then start cutting up the robe, careful with his sword. He'd then place it over his body, it now acting as a decent cloak, concealing his face. "We best get a move on, the gate leading to Valpurina in this city will close soon....Though I have to ask, if you knew Troy, why didn't you go to her?"He asked the million gold question. "She hates the Monarchy, and if she grew up with you, she obviously is closer to you than me. What's so different?"

Her mind racing as she made her way down the hall. Wondering what her plans was, if she had any other options than the ones she bestowed in her. She saw a figure slouching in the distance, beginning to adjust herself as he approached, she began to recognize who he was.

His usual smile wasn't planted on his face and his eyes seemed intense. She calculated what she was going to say as she continued to walk towards him. When he bowed before her. She chuckled softly and replied. "I was actually planning to see you.You know you don't have to bow everytime we have an encounter. "

Her face shifted to a more concerned manner. "Are you alright is something wrong?" She needed to make sure that he felt comfortable with her, how else was she suppose to get into affairs if she went along with her original plan. Soon Lanister approached the two beginning to speak of Troy. She didn't say a word when he was finished only to turn to the king for his response.​

Thornton managed to force a small smile for his queen, "but I do", he said. The king and queen then turned their attention to Lanister; he burst through the door shortly after Thonton did. Thornton nodded, "I think that is an excellent place to start." He wished he could accompany Lanister to Valpurina, but he trusted the man to complete the mission.

His eyes became hopeful as Lanister provided more useful information about Troy. "Very well. I will see what I can find in the kingdom archives....". The kingdom archives were kept in the courthouse. "Kuvira and I will visit the archives at once. Thank you, and Godspeed." Thornton laid a hand on Lanister's shoulder as he bid him good bye.

Next he turned his attention back to Kuvira. He held a hand out to her, "I will fill you in on the way", he said, taking her hand and starting back the way Kuvira had come. The two left the palace and headed to the city. On the way Thornton informed Kuvira about the situation with Troy and the information she was withholding. The courthouse was just a short walk from the palace. When they reached the steps leading into it Thornton asked, "was there anything you needed from me?" He held the door opened for Kuvira at the top of the steps.

. . .

"I do not hold onto the people of my past", she said dismissively. Prudence crossed the room and examined several masks hanging from the wall. They were the doctor's additional masks, and he kept them on the walls like decorations. She reached for one and lifted it delicately from the nail it was on, "we could use these to disguise ourselves", she commented. That way, the two would fit in with Klaus and remain undercover.

She gathered the ends of her robe and started slowly down the ladder. The sight that was awaiting her at the bottom was simply a sight she was not prepared for. Before reaching the bottom ledge of the ladder she glanced over her shoulder, "doctor, we must--", she saw Howard there with his exposed brain and nearly jumped out of her skin. She lost her balance and fell the rest of the way to the floor, letting out a surprised shriek as she did.

She jumped to her feet, appearing panicked for a moment. "What are you doing!" she yelled at the doctor. Prudence was tough. She'd witnessed torture and even the deaths of others, but nothing had ever prepared her for this. She found herself feeling disturbed by the operation, and she lost all composure.

"Stop that! Yaro!" she called up the ladder to him. The pregnant witch was freaking out, perhaps her emotions were acting up.

Kuvira simply nodded towards Lanister while taking Thornton's hand. She knew they weren't on good terms and didn't want to pretend they were. She smiled at Thornton as they began to walk away. She nodded and smiled in of reassurance.she concentrated on him with an irresistible prejudice in his favor.

She thanks Thornton as she walked into the Courthouse, examine her surroundings. She turned back to Thornton before clearing her throat to respond. "Yes... I was planning on beginning the reconstruction of the rose kingdom but I need you to sign some decrees. I must've forgotten that this isn't my country yet." She left out the part of losing power and being dependent on him to accomplish things, she was too afraid that he would use that knowledge in his advantage.​

After hearing Kuvira's statements, Thornton frowned, "who was it that required such things of you? I will have to correct him...". Then Thornton blushed slightly and scratched guiltily, "I'm sorry that I have become so occupied in this matter, but Cecile's situation has commanded my attention... the cure should be arriving in Yunakai soon." He added the last part upon remembering he had not shared this with Kuvira, although she already knew. He sighed and followed her into the courthouse. "I will sign whatever it is that must be signed", added the king.

Thornton then lead the way into the tomb like basement level of the courthouse. They came to a massive room that smelled strongly of dust. He lit a torch. The room was a cluttered mess. "It's going to take us forever to find what we need in this", Thornton said, sounding flustered as he surveyed the area. The scrolls didn't appear organized in any way, and many even littered the floor in stacks. It appeared the room hadn't been touched in years, let alone cleaned or organized.

He lifted an old scroll that was at his feet and blew the dust off of it before sliding it open. The document was barely legible with blotted ink. He shook his head, "everything stored here is related to the subject registry, the history of properties here, and trials... there must be something here on the Conners family", he said. He stepped across the room and knelt next to a pile of scrolls. He then began taking them one by one to examine. This would prove to be a time consuming process, but Thornton was prepared to review each and every scroll.

Heinrich and Howard both tossed a glance at Prudence as she screamed.. Seemingly oblivious to her state of panic and demands to stop. Howard's cheeks were flush from the alcohol, and his expression surprisingly calm.

"Hey.. Youre a Witch, right? Howard asked her, blinking. His voice, not ripe with panic, was introverted and gruff. "If you really are a witch, why don't you cast a spell of tallness on yourself, eh?" Heinrich and Howard both started laughing like it was the best burn they had ever heard in years.

"I know right? I asked her the same thing!" Heinrich commented. Though this was a lie.. He hadnt made such a remark to Prudence at all.. Just generally mocking her for being so short.

"Though in truth, her small stature could come in handy. Invisible in crowds, able to fit in small spaces, and she is just a smaller target in general." Heinrich pointed this out, and Howard nodded.

"See? There you go. You can use your short stature to your advantage." were Howard not completely wasted on liquor and likely having his emotions manipulated by Heinrich sticking knives and his fingers into his brain, that could have been endearing.

"Furthermore I cant simply stop now.. I am close to unlocking the mysteries of the brain!" Heinrich pointed out, twisting a finger into Howard's rear lobe as his face contorted.. Now he looked like he was gagging on something. "Im sure if I keep poking around, I will find the part of the brain responsible for the Id, Ego and Superego." as Heinrich prodded with his knife, a spraying sound came from Howard's brain and Heinrich's mask soon got sprayed. It was more red than white, now.

"Oops! That was a blood vessel!" his fingers were hardpressed into the brain, now, looking at Prudence.. Blood dripping off his mask. In the heat of the moment, possibly also blood obscuring his lenses, he didnt notice Prudence's change of attire.

"Uh.. I believe I have sleeping arrangements made in the... First room on the left. The rats know better than to step foot in that room.. soon enough I will have a cloak made out of their pelts.. Different story. If you want to sleep now go on ahead.. the doctor will be a bit busy, though." Heinrich soon returned to his grizly work, keeping a finger on the bleeding spot, as he poked around elsewhere. Howard seemed oblivious to what was happening, still because of the alcohol. However, his head was still cold...

Heinrich would feel a hand grip his throat, and an icy chill down his back. Yaro was standing in front of him, his eye's the color of ice, and his voice....not his own. "Do you know what it is like, to feel ice shrink your veins, and cause your heart to slow down? to a single beat...beat......beat.........beat." He asked the male, his voice calm, but his eyes spoke of death. "I think it is in your best interest to fix the damage done, before I create a new ice sculpture...from your skeleton."Yaro said, before letting go. When he wanted to be, Yaro could be intimidating, and his voice was that of a Dragon-blooded male, willing to kill the man if he did not listen. His family did not fly the Dragon of Ice without reason, they were known for being cold individuals.

Heinrich giggled at the sensations.. His hand reached up.. To flick his lenses up. His mad, green eyes drilled into Yaro's.

"After all we've been through.. now youre getting hostile? Was it not your mouth that uttered "teach that bastard a lesson"? You go back on your word pretty quickly..." As he finished breathing.. Heinrich's feet began to grow clouded in mist.. The mist rose up to his head.. And Yaro would feel Heinrich's neck vanish from his grasp, as he now stood behind Yaro. The Step of Mist, this spell was called. He looked over his shoulder, his voice unchanging from its quirkyness.

"There are so many things wrong with this picture.. none of it has to do with the fact that you would interrupt brain surgery." the doctor held his finger up. "First off.. Threatening a Cleric? You must be crazier than people say I am, thinking that is a good idea. Second, we have a lady in the room, and youre acting so ungentlemanly. Lastly.. and I have said this before," Heinrich paused, to point at Yaro. "You told me to do this." Heinrich blinked, as his voice grew dark..

"In my professional opinion.. you really shouldn't squander my hospitality. Otherwise.." in the next instant, his voice was back to "normal."

"Well, otherwise I will tell Saint Cuthbert on you. Hee hee.."

Though a smile was still on her face, her hazel eyes became dreary. She didn't respond back knowing that she would probably say something she would regret later on. As he continued talking, she covered up her genuine expression replace them with a more welcoming one.

"It's fine, that's your sister. I would do the same, anyways you choose me to handle kingdom affairs instead of letting Lance rot in a dungeon." Though it was suppose to be a joke, she already wanted to take it back. Reminding him that the only reason she was there was to be a replacement for Lance's sentence. Well she did have a bad sense of humor so she added. "But I'm glad choose me instead. I'm beginning to like it here." She gave him a soft peck in the cheek before continuing on into the basement.

A look of disgust flashed on Kuvira face as she smelled the dust through her nostrils. She brushed away some cobwebs as she continued her path. The room was clustered and abandoned. She watched Thornton pick up an old scroll trying to read the ink that had faded years ago. She thought for a moment before saying. "I know a way to shorten the time...just watch your head." As she gestured her fingers the scrolls began to fly in the air going into drawers and stacking up on shelves. She ducked as two scrolls soared above her head as it went to its authorized location. When she was finished the room seemed more organized though a poof of dust was in the air. She coughed as she dusted herself off.

"All the scrolls are in chronological order from the beginning of the rose kingdom to now. There's perks to being a witch if I do say so myself." She said with an accomplished grin on her face. She made her way down the shelves. "She is probably in her late teens, early twenties so we should start from 20 years ago." She said already taking out a couple of scrolls placing them on the floor and beginning to scan for anything that would be relevant to what they were looking for.​

As the Rose Princess wandered the garden, a pair of acid-green eyes watched curiously, the owners of which was hidden high in a tree, unseen and undetected even by the most alert, like Maeve or the Grand-Master Ousin. Syniad Kaziel, the Order of the Raven's current leader, was not an easy man to track. That was proven by how easily he'd slipped into the palace gardens undetected. He curiously watched the princess's episode of insanity; while she seemed to always be a dithering idiot, this sudden change of personality--from some semblance of order and girlishness to random giggling and wandering--had Syniad quite surprised. While he'd expected a slight affect from the curse, he didn't think it would be so strong, even in the weak-minded Cecile. Just how much of her life force had been used for such a thing?

Shoving those thoughts away for later, Syniad cleared his mind enough to properly focus his mental and spiritual energy enough to jump down from the tree and land much quieter and lighter than most could manage without average magic. Once he landed, he spoke, a neutral and almost expressionless face greeting Cecile were she to turn around. His short and messy hair had a some streaks of silver, although his face didn't look old in the least. If anything, the man was in his mid-twenties.

"All the others around you seem quite useless," Syniad commented with a slight mocking tone. His first goal was to try and turn Cecile further against her comrades in hopes that maybe she would little to no progress on her work with magic. If she failed, then maybe the old hag's prediction would be wrong. She'd seen the future in her last moments of life, and had stated before dying that Cecile would completely destroy the resistance if she was allowed to discover her true power, as cliche as it was. Whether or not this had a large chance of happening or was some vague thread of a potential future, Syniad didn't know.

Usually, the Order tried the most peaceful methods first, as long as there was one in the first place. Most times, to get the desired result for sure, there wasn't, but to make sure things were done right Syniad had undertaken this mission for himself. Not even his most elite group, the 13th Murder, had accompanied him. Things were easier that way.

Of course, if failure became clear, Cecile would likely lose her life, if Syniad had a say in it. Of course, Fate was a tricky being, and Lady Luck could (and would) turn her back at any moment. Hopefully none of that happened.

((I'm thinking of withdrawing Maeve from this ordeal for a while, or have her go solo in seeking out the shadow prison (I forgot the name) since she doesn't play much of a part here. We'll see.))

Prudence looked on in horror as blood spurted from the man's brain. Of course, this was the moment Heinrich chose to acknowledge her. Prudence was in a state of disgusted awe. Chills covered her skin as she watched the crimson blood drip slowly from his mask. Brain blood, she thought, horrified. She backed away as far as she could, standing with her back nearly pressed against the wall, looking to her feet while the two men mocked her size together. In the blink of an eye, Yaro was on the scene and defending her wishes, making her feel somewhat better.

She stayed put while the two carried out their conflict, but rage was building inside her as the two bickered. Her stomach was heating up again, and she could feel the heaviness of demonic energy flowing through her veins. Her eyes became much darker in color, finally she erupted. "Enough!" She snapped, stepping forward at last but avoiding glancing at Howard at all costs.

"Altisimo!" she shrieked, and the girl began to grow taller. She continued to grow until almost reaching the ceiling, and she stood over Klaus now. She growled at him, "neither of us knew you were going to do this! This is atrocious! This is disgusting! It is madness!", her voice was having a tug-of-war match between her womanly tone and a more demonic sounding voice. This was the most the demonic energy in her had ever acted up, and she was struggling to control herself.

"You have agreed to care for me until the end of my pregnancy, and I will not be subjected to such atrocities! Whatever this is it stops now! It will have to wait until you are finished caring for me!" Her eyes were solid black now. If Yaro didn't realize Prudence was suffering from something demonic, he likely did now.

She stepped away suddenly, covering her face with her palm as she fought the dark energy. When at last she found control, her eyes returned to their green color and she deflated back to her short size. She appeared sickened by the events, "fix that", she said sternly to Klaus, referring to Howard's condition, her voice was back to normal but it trembled slightly as if she would soon cry. Damn this pregnancy, she thought to herself as she now fought back her emotions, which were extra sensitive.

Heinrich was silent for a moment.. his mad eyes seemed to be... contemplating. From within his robes, he took up a rag, wiping the blood off of his mask, sighing. Howard now had a wide-eyed glanced.

"Oh wow.. you actually got taller." He said, impressed. Heinrich, however, held a hand up to Howard, telling him to silence.

"With all this involvement in demons, it surprises me that you're repulsed by the sight of a brain.." Heinrich folded his arms across his chest, as though mentally disgusted with her moment of weakness, and what the doctor saw as an overreaction.

"Both of you would shun my doctoring practices... yet earlier. Seriously! Both of you okayed me torturing dear Howard!"

"Torture?" Howard quirked an eyebrow at this notion.

"Hush, Howard. Sober people are talking..." Howard merely nodded, saying only one more thing. "My head is still cold.. is there a draft in here?"

Heinrich sighed again... turning to Howard. "Since you're both going to be such big babies about it.. I'll undo what has been done." Heinrich held his index finger up, as it began to crackle with white energy, like lightning. Heinrich pointed this finger at Howard, and it launched. Howard was engulfed in a white energy-like flame, as slowly, at a quickening pace, the man's brain regenerated, along with his skull and bald scalp. The skull and scalp strips across the floor crumbled into dust, as this happened. In just 14 seconds, Howard was completely healed.

"Poof! All gone." the doctor commented, murmuring to himself, as he used his rag to wipe himself down more... the rag was almost completely red, by the end of it, but Heinrich's mask and robe were clean.

"Next time, dear children... tell me if you have some prohibition list to torture.." the doctor shook his head, cracking his knuckles. "I'll know what I can and can't do to our enemies... and not make you both throw temper tantrums. Especially you, once-short witch."

"I actually miss when you were smaller, now.." Howard remarked, still drunk, but no longer complaining about the cold.

Prudence sighed in relief once she returned to her normal height. Was it a moment of weakness? Yes. Was it an overreaction? Yes, but she was glad that the doctor chose to placate her in her emotional spiel. She didn't look while Howard was cleaned up, but turned to the doctor as he cleaned himself. "Thank you", Prudence said, seeming slightly more at ease now. She scowled at his remarks about her behavior, but decided it was best not to prod at the doctor anymore.

She then regained her composure and spoke, "we need your assistance travelling safely in Valpurina. We will be going in disguise... but I think it would be in our best interests to have at least one 'real' doctor...", she said. Otherwise, they could be discovered as frauds. She stepped closer to Heinrich and looked upward into his mask, "could you do that for us? Yaro says the gate to Valpurina will close soon, so we must make haste". She glanced to Yaro and back to Klaus.

. . .

Cecile was still wandering without a care when the stranger appeared behind her. Even if he had been less stealth she likely would not have noticed this until he spoke. When the sound of his comment rang through the air the girl came to a quick halt. Now she glanced around the garden, as if searching for the source of the sound. Finally, she turned and looked behind her.

The princess became instantly enthralled by the right of him, but she seemed to discard the meaning of his words. She approached him quickly and began playing with his hair. She was fascinated by the silver streaks it seemed. She cooed over it but said nothing coherent to him.

Then after several seconds of this her hands froze. She pushed away from him, having regained her sane state of mind. "Who are you!?" she demanded, confused as she looked upon her wet clothing. Like usual, the girl had no recollection of how much time had passed or what she had been doing before going under.

Fear came to her eyes as she stared the man up and down. Before waiting for him to answer she bolted away; afraid of strangers after being kidnapped and attacked by them.

. . .

Thornton looked on in amazement as Kuvira effortlessly organized the room with a spell. He coughed slightly and had to cover his eyes as the dust whirled around the room while the scrolls neatly stacked and organized themselves. When it was finished the two waited a moment for the dust to settle before exploring the scrolls.

"You are amazing", Thornton said as he followed her lead and began sifting through the scrolls. After searching many scrolls with no luck, Thornton found reference to the Connors:

By the order of King Rose, the Connors shall be honored as heroes for their efforts following the devastating Rose Mountain avalanche. It was their swift response and medical expertise responsible for saving the lives of many...

He continued reading the old report, carrying a confused expression. What could Troy be angry over if her family was regarded heroes by the King himself? He glanced up to Kuvira, wondering if she had found anything.

The doctor tilted his head.. that V word.. he had never heard it before.

"Valpurina..?" He asked the witch, tilting his head. "That sounds like an exotic sauce.. but it is a city, you say?" The doctor walked around, just now realizing that Prudence was talking about going in disguise.. Heinrich could barely contain his excitement... at least, what could be perceived to be as excitement. At a sudden realization, though, Heinrich's excitement faded. It just dawned on him that he wouldn't need to disguise.. his childlike wonder was crushed, by his own mind. His head hung, sadly, as Howard turned over to him.

"Can... can I come?" Howard asked him, genuinely. Heinrich's simple reply was to turn and look into Howard's eyes, and deliver a right hook to his chin, instantly knocking him out. It was no matter of strength, which was plentiful on the unassuming and lanky Doctor, but rather anatomy, and science. A blow to the chin or jaw would rattle the brain and cut off blood flow.. resulting in a knockout for most normal people.

"Nonetheless I will see to it that I can take you to this Valpurina. We get there by gate, you say..? Well, let's waste no time." The doctor would take point, climbing up the ladder. "I keep my robes and masks up here... oddly Howard never took notice." Then again, to Prudence, this wouldn't matter.. since she already knew where they were.

Syniad sighed heavily as the girl began messing with his hair, though he was much taller than her and she could hardly reach. Although his expression was one of annoyance, a few memories arose unbidden. The man was quick to shove both them and the Rose Princess away, but the princess bolted off anyways.

At first, Syniad tried just calling her name, but she was so frantic in her escape she didn't seem to hear. Instead, Syniad had to chase her down, catching up almost immediately and skidding to a halt in front of her, hands raised in a peaceful gesture. "I just want to talk," he insisted. He found it frustrating how she had just taken off like so, irrationally thinking him a threat, and wasting his time in the first process. Some things couldn't be helped, though.

(Sorry this took me so long, I was cleaning house)

Civil reports on the Conner's family would suggest something odd: They were a peaceful bunch of people. Though not any official nobility, or anyone notable in their lineage, they were noted to make great contributions to the towns of Easthallow and Three Streams, which lived near the marshland area of the Rose Kingdom. From using spider silk to heal burning wounds, to crafting anti-venom from the giant mountain spiders, to using unorthodox healing methods to heal just about every scrape, bruise, and wound they found themselves with.

Clientele included members of the nobility, and even the royal family at one point. They also owned quite a bit of land, and were known to generously contribute much of their crop to the other villages. The hand of a minor noble was even offered to the family at one point, but was respectfully declined. The written response wrote that the man in question said 'thank a man for doing his job, and it'll simply go to his head'. All and all, a rather kind bunch.

Then, things got bad.

It was reported that they had caused the death of one Andrew Timish, son of Barristar Timish, relative of Commander Vohen, a nobleman with strong ties to the Rose Military. The healer in question was imprisoned, but things worsened from there. Reports of strange lights started coming up around the Conner's residences, random harmful events began happening in villages they visited, and they had been seen 'talking to animals' on more than one occasion. The last straw was when a Rose soldier reportedly was attacked by Matthew Conner's, the eldest son of the Conner's family. He was reported to have attacked the man with 'fire from his hand'.

The Conner's family were accused of witchcraft, their lands stripped from them, their name blacklisted, and it was Barristar Timish that believed they'd killed his son for Demonic rituals. The family was found guilty, and all members, except two, were burned at the stake. One was the one who was imprisoned, thus had no way to connected to the crime, but he was imprisoned for life. The other was a one 'Adriana Conner's' a 5 year old girl that was reported to have disappeared.

There was no question who the survivor was: It was Troy. This woman had lost her family, who once held a position of great respect....at the age of 5.

Yaro began backing away from Prudence, terror clear on his face. He knew what those eyes meant, where they came from....In short, he was terrified of Prudence right now. "Y-y-you......I know those eyes, I know that look! "Yaro said, taking another step back. "Not again....no no no no, not again......Stay away from me, I won't do it again!"Yaro nearly yelled, latching onto the ladder, and quickly scaling out, pushing past the doctor.

Fortunately Heinrich was not too far up the ladder. He let himself be shoved to the side as Yaro scaled it; an inquisitive look upon his face. He then turned back to Prudence, shrugging.

"What's his problem?" the doctor asked the witch, looking back up the ladder. "He acts as though he's seen a ghost.. he isn't talking about you, is he? Do we... Need to go after him?" the doctor murmured to himself.. Maybe he should have put a bell on Yaro.. It would have made him easier to find.. at least in Heinrich's mind, it would.

Prudence was pleased to hear that the doctor would accompany them. However, she wasn't able to answer any of his questions before Yaro caught her attention. He was cowering away from Prudence. She tilted her head as she processed what he said and watched him bolt up the ladder, pushing past the doctor as he did so.

"Shit", Prudence muttered, realizing what the issue was, a look of worry came to her face. Yaro was frightened of her now. She stepped forward and started up the ladder behind the doctor, "we have no choice", she said with a sigh. The two quickly made it to the top level of the apothecary and Prudence called out, hoping Yaro was still near enough to hear.

"It isn't what it looks like, Yaro!"

. . .

Cecile came close to colliding into the stranger when he darted in front of her. She stumbled in her efforts to avoid him, and watched the man now with his hands raised. She stiffened and took a step away from him questioningly. She was still uneasy about trusting a stranger, especially while being there alone. She drew her broomstick and held it close. She was ready to bolt again in an instant, so he would need to be careful not to startle her.

"Who are you and what do you want with me", she asked defensively. It seemed almost no one had any interest in the Rose Princess unless it was with ill intentions. She glanced around the garden anxiously, scanning the foliage and trees for any other intruders. "Are you alone?", she added.

OOC: Sorry, probably shorter replies all weekend. ._.

"Yes, I am alone," Syniad replied with a calm voice, offering a small and friendly smile to maybe calm the girl. Deciding a fake name would be best so he couldn't be tracked so easily if (or when) trouble started, Syniad took a moment disguised by lowering his hands in order to settle on a name.

"My name is Eric Medger. I'm a scientist specialized in, well, magic. As odd as it seems, the two go hand-in-hand quite well-- ah, I'm rambling again. I'm here because I want to help you. Your so-called friends are keeping secrets." Okay, the scientist but was fairly true, as it was his occupation before he picked up business with the Order of the Raven, but even then and even now it was a hobby of his that he spent much time on. Syniad himself couldn't perform magic, but through a number of potions or charms--none of which were enchanted--he could replicate the effects. Of course, there were some flaws, but nothing could be better perfect.

Cecile stood there for another moment carrying a frightened stare. She pondered what would Lance do in such situation, and surely he would not have trusted the stranger. He would have questioned how Syniad entered the palace, for one. However, much like curiosity once killed the cat, Cecile could not resist the word secrets. Her face became more calm with a look of intrigue, and she lowered her guard. She returned her broomstick to the sheath upon her back. Then she stepped nearer to him and examined him more closely before looking up into his eyes with her big blue hues, "who is keeping secrets from me?" she asked. The soft sound of rustling wind spread over the garden.

The fact that Syniad was a stranger and, quite literally, an intruder to the rose palace was completely removed from her mind. Cecile's curiosity quite often got the better of her. Now her mind was running wild with thoughts about the secrets; she was already trying to guess what they were and who they pertained to. She thought on it for only a brief pause before losing her patience with guessing. Her eyes widened, "and what are the secrets", she asked, now eyeing him expectantly for the answers.

. . .

From the Royal Archives Thornton stood reading over the archive. It was an old, black book bound in leather. The book was filled with information on persons found guilty of witchcraft. He was so absorbed into what he was reading he said no more words to Kuvira. The Conners family had once been hailed as heroes in the Rose Kingdom. They were skilled medical caregivers until being charged with witchcraft and accused of murder. Troy was another child left alone by the witch trials. Now he felt he could somewhat understand Troy's anger, but surely any outsider could see that Cecile wasn't responsible for the horrors faced by witches in the past.

He couldn't help himself but gasp when he came upon the information he needed: the person who was responsible. He looked up from his reading, "it's Vohon!" he said. He stepped next to Kuvira and handed her the book turned to the page on the Conners family. He pointed to Vohon's name, a smile tugging at his lips. "It was commander Vohon's father who charged Troy's parents! Do you know what this means? It means Troy wants to kill Vohon. He'll be out of our hair forever!" Thornton exclaimed. Indeed, Vohon could not continue to investigate the disappearance of Old King Thornton if he was dead.

"Let us return now to the Rose Palace", he said when Kuvira was finished with the book. Thornton started his way back the way they had come carrying the book with him. He decided the witch registry could be useful to have. Prudence's family was also in the book, although he did not know the importance of this yet.

Kuvira took brief glances at him, wondering if he had found anything interesting but didn't speak a word about it. She read through scroll after scroll not impressed by her findings. It was quiet, somwthing she haven't experienced in a while, she took a moment to soak all in before drifting into her own thoughts.

She was startled as the silence was broken by Thornton's sudden outburst. She looked up at him to see a book in her face with the commander's name being gestured to in the passage. Thornton's smile appeared as he went on to talk about the charges. She took the book from his hand started to read it for herself. She handed the book back to him a bit shaken, she knew that this was a great opportunity but she had some doubts.

She arose to follow Thornton out of the court. "But what will we do about Troy when she does kill him? The Lord's will want justice for their commander. Don't you think it will also be suspicious that when he puts you as a suspect for the disappearance of your father that suddenly turn up dead."

She stopped him while they were only steps from the outside, turning him to face her. "Listen to me. I know that this is a great opportunity but think about the consequences. You have just been crowned King, your reign is at stake and as easy as that crown been placed on your head, the easy it can be taken along with your head. Believe me when I say this is not the way to handle it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back