Like Us They Bleed [concluded]

Yaro walked over to Prudence quickly. He looked almost ill. "I need to head to the Rose Kingdoms capital at once. I overheard Lanister talking to a couple of other Agents, and Prudence, they're saying they caught someone who will generally be used as a scapegoat for what happened. "Yaro said, biting his lip. Whoever it was being judged obviously meant a lot to him. "She is a renown Dragon-slayer, an open mage, an open voice against the monarchy....as well as a convicted witch. Prudence, you know who this is better than I do. "Yaro said.

"
Prudence, they're going to have Troy publicly killed." Yaro said, urgency evident in his voice. He kept the pace brisk. He obviously wanted to leave the city, and see if he could help Troy. "Even if we can't prove her innocence, for that would mean condemning you, we should still free her. Her help could be invaluable. "he said, obviously not knowing that Troy left the Resistance on her own volition.

"
If what I heard right is correct, they're going to make a show of it....She's going to battle for her freedom. A few dozen soldiers, as well as the Commander of the Emerald Thorns, someone named 'Vohen' will fight her. Even I don't think she could last against that number."Yaro said. This was to be expected of Yaro, of course: Troy was officially the last member of his family standing, despite them only being family on paper. It made sense why Yaro wanted to rescue her.

This would likely be interesting, however, to Prudence. It would give Prudence a chance to see Troy in action after all these years of being away, to see if she was really worth the trouble of helping. But what would be the most interesting was the fact she was going face to face with Vohen. If Troy recognized Vohen as the one who put her family to the Stakes....well....

It appeared Muramasa might make a full appearance soon. This amount of chaos was what that Demon
relished.

Troy was in her cell, debating whether or not she should just try escaping. She had fought several ton dragons, a simple iron cell shouldn't be much, right? However, she didn't have much time to think this over, as Osuin and the others had approached her cell. Unlocking it, They bound Troy up, before they began walking outside. "So, am I just going to be pushed around like some vagrant, or does someone mind explaining to me what is going on exactly?"

There would be silence for a moment, before Osuin would speak up. "It is the decision of the King and Princess-Consort, soon to be Queen, that you'll be given the chance to fight for your freedom.....You'll face the best of the Emerald Thorns, along with their Commanding officer. If you succeed, you'll be free to go. If not, you will die. Burned at the Stakes most likely."Osuin said, his face the same neutral mask as always.

Troy's fist visibly tightened, though she relaxed it quickly. "I see....and who, may I ask, is their Commander?"

"Commander Vohen, Leader of the Thorns guarding Gallica Pass.....Is something wrong?"Osuin asked, noticing her sudden stopping.

Troy just stood there for a second, her face a mask, before a smile would show up on her face. It was small, but still there. It was....cold, cruel. "No.....nothing is wrong at all...."She said, as she started walking quicker, uncharacteristically eager for someone facing near impossible odds.

Muramasa, at Troy's belt now, would simply send a message to it's master. "
Is it finally?..."

"Yes Muramasa, it is it..."

"Heheheh.....Murder Time...."

"A boy's name? Interesting. But you don't expect me to disguise you as one, do you? That would take much more effort, and we'd have to cut your hair for sure." He let Cecile continue her thinking, though, instead of pressing for an answer. He cast a gaze up to the darkening sky; although it was still afternoon, storm clouds were gathering. There would probably be a nasty storm that night. When Cecile started speaking again, Syniad turned his attention back to her, and applauded himself for being able to hide his surprise as the very name she chose happened to be his real name.

"Syniad is a more exotic-sounding name and would make you sound like a foreigner, which wouldn't work well with my own name," he replied, shrugging to let her know he would still consider it. "Are you sure you would want to pose as a boy? You don't quite have the build or the attitude of one, not to mention you walk like a woman. The closest thing I could suggest would be an eunuch, but even then, you move too much like a girl." The choice was Cecile's, of course, and Eric was already planning ways to disguise those aspects. Perhaps he could say that Cecile was raised in a family full of girls and 'Eric' was never around. If Cecile made her choice, they could always plan around it.

Heinrich listened in to what Yaro had to say. A public execution? Disgusting, the doctor thought. Suddenly, his mind drifted back to when Yaro talked about how someone he knew would find his lair homely with some extra decoration.. And so he began to side with him.. Somewhat.

"A public execution? Barbaric.. And unprofessional. An execution should be done in isolation, where no one can hear the victim scream. I'm very tempted to go and retrieve this person you speak of.." at the same time though, Heinrich saw a flaw...

"But how would we free this person? Getting to her and halting her execution would surely draw attention to ourselves.. and while I dont really know what you two are plotting, I have no interest in being found out and arrested for my practices!"

. . .

As the doctor spoke... Someone was listening, watching from afar. He saw the short stature of the second doctor.. that alone struck him as suspicious. This watcher considered informing his superiors.. But what if it was a false alarm? Possibly.. Like himself? He shook his head.

"No..." he whispered to himself.

"I will pursue."

His former training.. It gave him much insight on the art of Stealth and Espionage. With a deep breath, this small person.. Dressed head to toe in a concealing dark blue garb, began scouting the trio of Prudence, Yaro and Klaus.

Kuvira was surprised by his response though she could see the sadness in his blue eyes. She could've possibly get lost in it, if she haven't gazed at other things. The half smile on her face was sincere giving the fact that she officially didn't see Thornton as a conflict but it could've just been that she was starting to fall in love. She halted herself at that thought, trying to get rid of it. She blinked hard coming back to reality as Thornton asked about the advisors she spoke with. "Why don't we just call a meeting with the advisors, I think it will go faster that way."

She gently placed her hand in his broad shoulders, decided to be more sympathetic of the situation. "As long as we are together on this, we have nothing to fear." She said before leaving him in the empty corridor to arrange the meeting.

Prudence immediately became concerned at the sickly sight of Yaro. However, his words made her apprehensive of the situation. Troy, as important as she seemed to be to Yaro, was of no interest to Prudence. The cold-hearted witch was admittedly relieved to know that someone else would pay for her actions. It could protect her from ever facing consequences for it.

The witch straightened her posture before placing her hands in their usual place upon her hips. She did not wish to hurry into the Rose Kingdom. "That wouldn't be safe for me", she said to him in protest. Intruding into the Rose palace and breaking out a prisoner seemed like a high risk situation to her. Perhaps getting into the kingdom would be easy but getting out would be more tricky.

Prudence took a step back and sighed. She felt as though the truth about what she was carrying inevitably changed the way Yaro felt about her. He would no longer protect her as if she were a helpless mother. This was why she hadn't wanted anyone to know the truth in the first place. Nevertheless though, Prudence would protect herself. The Rose palace was too great a risk to her. She could be captured, and couldn't imagine what would happen to her if the royal kingdom discovered what is inside of her.

"I don't think I can do that", she finally added. The witch wasn't used to wearing such a large mask, and could not detect that they were being watched.

. . .

Thornton felt slightly comforted by Kuvira's words, but quickly returned to his state of loneliness as she turned to leave him. Once alone the king didn't seem to know what to do with himself. He still held the witch trial book under his arm, but seemed to wander ambivalently around the hallway. He eventually sunk to the floor and returned to the marked page which held the Conner's criminal history in it.

It all seemed so strange to Thornton that such a prominent family could suddenly do something so vile. What if it is lies? He wondered. He read the pages many times before closing the book and leaning against the wall in a sigh. He became aware that in all the time he was reading not a soul walked by. The palace was generally quiet and empty again.

His thoughts then drifted back to his sister. Before he had been willing to go to any extreme to identify her attacker, but Cecile's betrayal sparked a vicious depressive episode in the man. Now he was more apathetic of the situation. His kingdom was awaiting him to repair the damage of the war, and Cecile's choice led him to believe she needed nothing from him. His protection was meaningless to her, and so he gave up.

He rose feeling completely drained of his energy, but made his way to where Troy was being kept. Without a word he reached into his pocket and retrieved a key ring. The sound of Troy's cell unlatching echoed softly, and Thornton stood there warily in the doorway. He was still holding the book.

He sighed, "you are free to go". His eyes sunk to the floor before slowly rising to meet Troy's. It seemed odd that he would make such a choice, but it was easy to detect that something was very off about him. "It would seem Cecile does not need assistance breaking her curse after all", he added as a vague explanation.

He started to turn to walk away but hesitated. He flipped open the old book to the same pages he read and presented it to Troy. His blue hues became full of sadness, "I am sorry for what you lost", he said with sincerity. He hoped that he could build a fair kingdom with magic, but he could not remedy the past.

. . .

Cecile took in Syniad's words and became somewhat embarrassed. She blushed, feeling as though she was being criticized. He was right in that she walked like a girl. Cecile was emphatically feminine. She was small, pretty, and unintelligent. Even if the two did go the extra mile to disguise her as a man it could not disguise her uneducated speech.

Thunder rolled in the distance causing the princess to gaze up into the sky. She was worried they would get caught in the rain, but ignored her urge to voice complaints about this.

She thought again about what her new identity could be. "I can be Anemone Medger, your wife." That way he could explain her, for lack of better words, unhelpful presence. Of course, Lance had spoken briefly about the freedoms women already had in Bathelon. She wondered what to expect there.

The princess rose to her feet. She wouldn't say it, but she was becoming antsy about the upcoming storm because she wanted to avoid getting wet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Troy saw him approach, and was ready to face whatever judgement may come.....when she saw him hand her her freedom. To say Troy was shocked was an understatement.....then she saw the book, and looked at the name. Her eyes wide, she pressed her finger to 'her' name, before closing her fist. She knew it was unworthy of her, that he didn't deserve her rage, but she could help her words. "You think this justifies what was done?......This is the reason I hate the monarchy, why I never trusted the nobles......We do good work, we keep people safe, but when people don't need us anymore? we're cast aside like garbage...."She said, walking up to him.

It was clear as day she was crying.

"
Sorry doesn't cut it! It's never cut it! People like my family are not coming back! The Welder family, my family, and now the Azarus family, and that isn't even all of them! People that wanted nothing more than to do their job, that aspired for something more than themselves, and we are treated like criminals for it! I.....I......"Troy couldn't keep speaking. She simply.....fell to her knees. She wanted to shout and scream in rage, to relieve the hatred that burned in her heart, but she couldn't.....Troy just felt burnt out.

"
I...I don't know what I should do anymore....."She said to him. For the first time in many years, she felt lost....Toriel, her famiily, the Azarus clan. People she loved, people that taught her everything she knew.....and no matter what, they were always taken from them. Lanister had the Wilting Rose, Yaro had the Resistance and Yunakai......Troy had no-one. Troy was literally alone. "For a long time....I wanted to take from them what they took from me, from my family...In this life, I wanted them all to suffer, I wanted all of them to die in pain and fear, like mine did...."She said, her voice holding anger held for many years.

"
I wanted to have my revenge...against your father, against all nobility.....I wanted to call it my own, to make my anger the gods and goddesses anger....To justify the things that I've done..."She said, her voice breaking. She then sat on her knees, placing a hand on her heart. "Sometimes I manage to tell myself that the wild fires inside will never stop burning.....But I'm the one who starts them, aren't I?.....Not the gods, not them......"She said. Troy looked, for lack of a better word, broken. Tears long held in trailed down her face.

This was what reckless rage and poisoned pride did to people. Troy wasn't a bad person, she likely never was, but she had her morals twisted, and her hatred pointed at the Monarchy. Now, shown mercy for the first time in her life, from the people she was raised to hate with a passion, Troy lashes out, but her rage burns out quickly....This was who Troy was, the battered shell of a little girl who had so much taken from her. She had slain dragons, killed demons, had the love of many people.....but she was by herself.

The worst part about being strong? No-one asks if you're okay...

Yaro wanted to lash out, to say to Prudence that she was all the family he had left, but he saw that Prudence was at risk. If he went through with this, Prudence could be lost, and his people would be without a leader. Yaro knew this, and he hated himself. He knew what choice he had to make. Yaro had to make a decision, but swore to himself that this was NOT over, that he'd go back and would make Thornton pay for this. "I would never put you at risk Prudence.....Alright, fine......but I want you to promise me something....."Yaro said, biting his lip.

"
When 'we' finally rule? I want both Kuvira and Thornton's head." Yaro said. "I care about you Prudence, and I would've never joined if I wasn't willing to fully commit to this......but I need to hear you promise me that." Yaro asked. He didn't care who she was, or what she bore. He cared for her, and he wanted to help his people. Nothing else to him mattered beside that. He was willing to throw EVERYTHING he had left to help Prudence.

He may have been distrusting of Demons, but his convictions were without doubt.

Heinrich blinked, walking up to pace next to Prudence and Yaro. It seemed he was growing confused. The doctor had no idea what these two were conversing about. Ruling? Joining? Having heads?

"What are all these names you're throwing around?" he flicked his lenses up, his soul bending gaze fixated upon the boy. "And why are you issuing Kill-time upon them? Can I join in? Oh how I do love a good sport of Kill-time!" the doctor laughed to himself, rubbing his gloved hands together. "When do we get to play Kill-time? Soon, or later..?" he paused.. And seemed to retract from his previous enthusiasm. The doctor hoped one of them responded with later. He drew his mace, inspecting it closely.. It was clear Heinrich was attached to this thing. Engraved upon the handle was a name. "Mr. Spanky" it was called. Though now.. Heinrich seemed to eye the bludgeon in his hands with doubt. As though.. maybe it wasn't enough for the anticipated Kill-time. He said nothing more as he sheathed his mace, as though waiting for an answer, as his posture straightened. Surely one of these two would fill in the doctor of their big plans.. Sooner or later.

. . .

The stalker's eyes widened.. despite being quite a distance aways.. He had heard the bit about taking heads. Already that did not settle with him, right. These clearly weren't amongst the ranks of the Wilting Rose. His mind was racing.. What to do in this situation? Reinforcements, was his first thought.. He had to get any nearby operatives to assist him in halting their advance! Like a shadow vanishing into the night, he fell off of his recon, mentally marking their path as he did so.

Prudence was grateful for the protection of the bird like mask she wore as she found herself surprised by Yaro's next comments. A warm good feeling came over her and she smiled from behind her mask. It was the beginning stages of security. For the first time in ages she felt cared for, and she couldn't deny how good it felt.

She stood taller and spoke, "yes, together we will bring order to the ruling forces of Morganna, and we will have the heads of the Roses". She reached forward and took Yaro's hand, "thank you", she said to him before letting go to face the funny doctor.

Again, she was surprised but glad. She watched on with interest as the doctor babbled and displayed his mace. He appeared attached to the thing. She listened to his questions and looked the lanky man over. She wouldn't have guessed that such an unusual man could be competent in combat, but now she viewed him differently.

The young resistance could use a powerful warlock such as Heinrich. It also would need a skilled medic. She knew that Heinrich was there to provide her special pre-natal care, but perhaps he could be useful to their cause as well.

She addressed Klaus then, "Soon, Doctor. I will explain everything to you on our way to the Yunakai nation".

The witch turned back to Yaro, "it's time for us to avenge the Azarus name, shall we?" They would need to resume recruitment efforts now that she was prepared to protect herself.

. . .

Thornton couldn't bring himself to look Troy in the eyes as she gave him her tearful spiel. His sadness was now mixed with shame. He was ashamed of the cruel injustices inflicted upon the many people like Troy. How unfair it seemed to Thornton that he should be left to repent for the crimes of his ancestors, including his father.

His father was always right about one thing: Thornton was much like his mother. He had her red hair and pale, freckled skin. The gentle king was much like her in nature as well being softspoken and benevolent. He was even somewhat effeminate at times. He had never treated another human being with such cruelty, yet here was feeling as if he had.

He stepped nearer to where the girl was crying on the floor and knelt on one knee before her, finally facing her with his pale blue eyes, "I know that nothing can correct what has been done. If it is any consolation to you, I'm alone now too." He thought about the emptiness of his castle and the death of his father once again, feeling emotionally drained.

Kuvira stood in front of the front of the table filled with advisors and grandmasters from both Yunkai and, Valpurnia, and Rose. Her face was stern causing them to quiet themselves and everyone around them. "The King will be her any minute now but until then I would like to start the meeting before he arrives." She heard a bit of mumbles yet didn't comment on them instead went on.

"First I would like to discuss the matter with Cecile. We need to find her at all cost. She is a princess and we can not let the resistance or anyone that is against the royal family to use her against us especially King Thornton... I propose we search in all kingdoms including Bathelon. I'm sure King Lance will be acceptive of this request." So far all she received were nods and silence. She took this as a good thing since if it wasn't someone wouldn't spoken their mind.

"Next is Yaro and the resistance plans on making. Do you have spies on them yet?"

"We have men and women posing as citizens in large towns to spot their moves. There's no activity at the moment."
An Advisor from Yunkai reported. Kuvira swore softly to herself before boasting up her confidence.

"And do have an idea where they could be heading to?"

"Valpurnia, Bathelon, Yunkai perhaps."
Kuvira raised her eyebrow when Yunkai was included in the list. She scoffed before taking a seat. "Yunkai? Why would he go there? The latest my mother told me is that she commanded his house to be burned to the ground. Why would he go back?" A rose Advisor arose with a grim look on his face replying. "Recruitment? Maybe to assassinate the nobles who are still alive?" Kuvira snickered at the thought of him coming back. "Well he was never the brightest nor do I think he will make it past the wall especially with his dragon. However we must stay on the safe side. I want mercenaries hunting hunting him down, the finest ones money can buy." The whole room fell silent in shock. " Since I am now aware of dragon slayers, I want them hired as well. I want that dragon of his to be killed. If dragons are bond to their rider, I don't want it to reach its adult stage. My dragon is still young only days younger than his and I want only one of them to be standing. They're symbolic creatures, very rare and filled with awe. But I can't let this jeopardize the risk of having the kingdoms ruled by a two faced monster. Unlike him I know how to rule a kingdom and I'm not going to let him bring chaos and havoc in this world with his instability. We have to rip the weed out before it grows... Protect every noble that was involved with the death of Azuras and the regent Queen." All the advisors nodded before she adjusted herself on the seat to get herself comfortable. She had only realized she was sitting in the King's chair yet didn't feel the urge to get up. This was the seat that she belonged in. Ruler of both the rose kingdom and Yunkai but she knew she would have I wait. She was only a Queen, a guest. Still tied to a man's control risking losing power in her own home , gazed at them, arising, and adjusting her dress. "We will get the matter and other things approved by the king when he arrives."

"Don't worry your little head, Princess. We'll make sure Yaro is found, and see what the hell is going through that kids head. I swear, he was never like this in training. Trying to start a rebellion....what the hell is he thinking?...."Clementina said, obviously confused about his actions. Yaro was never one for nobility or fame, he detested it to the letter. Did what Kuvira and the rest of his family did really push Yaro that far over the edge? That was a scary thought.

To think that all of these issues could be Kuvira and the nobility's own fault.

Ysmena would nod as well. "I will begin looking for ways to de-bond the dragon from Yaro. If it is possible for the Dragon to be spared, every action must be taken. Your people hold the dragons sacred, and killing one will only serve to agitate the relationship between us an Yunkai. "Ysmena said.

As the other two left, Osuin stayed silent for a moment, before taking a seat next to Kuvira. Handing her a warm cup of Jasmine Tea, he would take a drink, before speaking up. "If you don't mind me asking Kuvira, I need to know how you feel, or felt, towards Yaro. Every bit of information helped.....Is there anything you can tell me about him growing up that could've led to this?"Osuin asked. He was trying to consider all possible avenues to explain Yaro's actions. Knowledge was power, and they didn't know enough. They were trying to see if something in Yunkai caused this. "You knew him longer than I did, so please tell me: What was Yaro like, living here in Yunkai?"

Yaro took Prudence's hand...and in a move that not only surprised himself, but possibly Prudence, he kissed it. "We must hurry. No doubt, they're already trying to respond. We must strike before they have a defense set up....and I know just who we'll use to send a message.....Tell me something, Prudence, and you two Heinrich: Have you ever wanted to break into a palace, and kill a Noble?"Yaro asked, as he walked in front of the void-gate leading to Yunkai.

Troy felt the man close to her, and for the slightest moment, debated if she should take a her sword and cut him down now. He was close, he was right there, but she couldn't bring herself to do.....Revenge was in her grasp, and she couldn't take it. Looking up at the male, instead of attacking him, she threw her arms around him, opting to cry on his shoulder. "I'm sorry....I never wanted this to go this far....I just wanted people like me to have someone to speak up for them. "She said, speaking of mage's. She obviously wanted the best for her people, who were treated with suspicion and fear. Who could blame her?

Heinrich looked Yaro dead in the eyes. As he did something that he figured neither party would see coming. He would delay this until Prudence reacted to Yaro kissing her hand.. But after that, he reached up, removed his hat, and with a few clicks.. Removed his mask. What greeted the two was a young face with a few stress wrinkles around his forehead, no facial hair, and thin eyebrows. Most disturbingly of all.. Around his lips, there was a scar twisted onto his flesh, deforming his mouth with a permanent smile. It seemed to be a well-healed wound, likely a few years old, but was grotesque nonetheless. Heinrich's hair was a solid white hue.. though he seemed to young to lose coloration of the hair, some Religious rumors went that any that saw their Deity would have such a thing happen to them. It was long enough to reach his neck, swept back in a sort of Elven grace. His lips smiled, as he spoke calmly to Yaro.

"...I would gladly kill them. Torture them, make them scream and cry. Ha ha.. I have never had a Noble or Royal patient, before..." He murmured 'Klaus' to himself as his eyes shut.. And he returned his mask and hat to his head. His voice grew dark and menacing, like when Yaro demanded he stop picking with Howard's brain.

"That sounds like fun. When we get to where we are going, please... Tell me more." With a deep breath, he began walking towards the void gate. His voice lost its dark tone, as he pointed to it.

"This the right one?"

. . .

The stalker moved around Valpurina with haste, alerted several other Wilting Rose operatives of the suspicious persons travelling in a band of three, through hand signals and paper messages, primarily mentioning the one of short stature. Accepting the response, at least 7 Wilting Rose operatives trekked to the last place mentioned, to confirm the informant's suspicions, and prepare an ambush. The stalker accompanied them, but to his dread, they had already reached the void gate! They could not get through! With a violent hand signal, he motioned for his allies to attack. Soon the name Aizen Bafpar would rise to recognition within the Wilting Rose, he thought! Aizen drew a dagger from his waist; one of two he kept on his person at all times. Without hesitation, he threw it. With a hard knocking sound, it stuck into the beak of Heinrich's mask.. Though it has missed his head.

Heinrich's eyes widened as there was now a knife in his mask. The force and velocity at which it was thrown was enough to make him flinch, although he felt no pain. As he turned around, figures in leather and steel, armed with bows and swords, fired upon the trio and charged them, respectively.

"Oh! Oh! Kill-time comes now!" Heinrich shouted to alert his comrades, reaching for his mace.

Prudence was quick to draw her wand at the sight of the dagger that was thrown into Heinrich's mask. Luckily, it missed piercing his face. "Make sure none of them follow us through!" she called out to Yaro and Heinrich before scanning the crowd for someone to attack. Her eyes were instantly drawn to Aizen, who was she shortest of the group. She was pleasantly surprised to find an opponent that didn't tower over her, and so she chose to strike at the goblin.

She directed her wand to the ground before at the goblin's feet and called out, "ieiunium terram". A flashing bolt of light shot from her wand to the rocky surface of the cave floor, and upon impact the ground would transform into a thick, deep pool of muck. The agent would begin sinking, and he would find the quick sand quite sticky.

. . .

Thornton couldn't say a word at the surprise embrace from the prisoner. His eyes widened to a large size and after feeling puzzled for a moment he placed an arm around Troy's back, patting it uncertainly. He then took her hand and rose to his feet, gently pulling Troy to her feet as well. "Come with me", he said and released her hand.

Thornton then decided to explain why Troy was with him, "I have decided to release Troy. Cecile is no longer a political matter of the Rose Kingdom, and keeping her imprisoned would have made things more difficult for us when legalizing magic". He paused while trying to decide if he had any other relevant information to share with the advisors, but he was having trouble keeping his thoughts away from his sister. He appeared preoccupied.

The king and Troy made their way back through the palace and to where Kuvira and the grandmasters were waiting for him. He could see that the meeting had began without him, but the man did not inquire to what he missed. After giving his brief explanation about Troy's presence, he addressed the advisors sternly, "let it be known that effective immediately Kuvira will assume her duties as the Rose Queen. She is to be given equal respect and authority to me... Do I make myself clear?" he asked, he was eyeing the advisors with a somewhat sour expression looking for any sign of protest; he was clearly unhappy with the men in the room for placing limitations on his bride. Thornton did not know how the advisors would react to such a liberal decision; he would be the first Rose King to give the queen equal power to himself. However, Thornton was prepared to stand with his decision.

Troy looked at the room in front of them, rubbing her eyes lightly. She saw the faces of many nobles, some she didn't know.....but more than a few she recognized. Instinctively, she gripped her blade, but relaxed when she heard the King speak up. Staring at him wide eyed, She nearly choked when she heard him rescind her imprisonment and execution...Before looking down at her hand, gripping the blade. She finally let it go. However, this time was different. When she let go of the blade, she felt.....relief. More relieved then how she felt in the longest time. Staring at the room in front of her, Troy would then cough lightly. She would look towards Thornton, and lean close (though some might find this a bit too close to a betrothed male).

"You trusted me.....Now I'll trust you....."She whispered to him, before looking at the court in front of her. She smoothed her strawberry hair, and spoke with clear authority in her voice. "Noble families of the Rose Kingdom, I ask that you listen to me: Not as a woman, but as Toriel Conners, Dragon-slayer, Mercenary, Assassin....and one of the people- "She placed emphasis on her last name. "My family grew up in these lands....We were falsely accused of a crime we did not commit, and many of my kin were hunted down and killed. One still remains, but he faces life in prison for retaliating against this. "Troy said. She was openly facing her demons now. The male had placed faith in her, and had given her something she had not felt in a long time....trust. Among the Resistance, it was nearly impossible to earn, and among assassins, it was considered a liability. For the first time, she felt trusted, and she'd make good use of that trust.

"
Now has come a time to rebuild, and recapture ancient glory....The Mage-Rulers of Yunkai finally stand with us, bringing a chance to spearhead a new age, for both of our people. "She said, shooting a look at Kuvira that said 'You better not make me regret this, I still don't trust you.' "Two hundred and fifty years ago, our ancestors ended the Demon raids, bringing about an Age of peace....But instead of building on that, we grew afraid. Of the various other races that reside outside our mountains....or of the primal forces that govern our world. "She said, and held out her hand. A small blue fire would appear in it.

"
Now we can finally begin to show this world that the Rose Kingdom exists, and begin correcting the missteps of the past. Where once we stood and hid behind the walls of our mountain, we can finally show this world just how wonderful our Kingdom is. I have traveled this vast world, and many could benefit from our rich culture....but to do so, we must be willing to greet them with open hands, open minds, and open hearts. "She said, closing her hand, as the fire would disappear.

"
We have a chance to make a mark on history, and bring this civilization into golden age, the likes that no-one has ever seen.....but I must ask all of you this: Will you sit on the sidelines, let your pretty grievances blind and bind you....or will you be apart of this grand undertaking, and show the world just what your.....no, OUR- "She said, holding her hands out to Kuvira and Thornton. "Kingdoms, what they can give to this world?....Will you make a civilization that will stand the test of time itself?"

This was the clear difference between Troy and the Resistance. Where they believed that nothing would change unless they met violence with violence, Troy believed in something greater. She believed that there was still something worth saving in the Kingdoms. When she spoke, there was passion in her voice, and anyone could see that she meant every word she said, none were wasted. Her voice and actions were meant to inspire, nothing more or less. Unlike most nobility, she had nothing to gain, but everything to lose.

(I shall post for the Yaro later.)

She was surprised that the word princess came out of the grandmaster's mouth. She haven't been called that for years and the dragon de bond search had begun. She was only giving them time to find the remedy until the dragon slayer did their job and Yaro is beheaded. She couldn't take any more risks, every second she wasted was more time for Yaro to get farther with his plan. The thought of him getting recruitment, made her feel sick.

She watched Osuin approach her with a smile as she was handed jasmine tea. She had always been a fan of the hot beverage since she was a child, brought back sweet memories some of them now had turned bitter after what had recently happened. She took a sip of it while Osuin was speaking almost choking on it when he mentioned her past with Yaro. She looked around to see everyone's eyes staring at her, waiting for her next move. She prepared herself to speak until Thornton arrived and began to speak. She was surprised to see him with Troy followed by the statement he made. Cecile was his world and seeing him out her aside like that was somwthing she didnt expect to happen anytime soon.

She and the rest of the advisor were even more stunned for what he had to say next. She had mix emotions content, disbelief. Some advisors took glances at her before returning their attention to their king. She could tell rumors were going to arise. That she bewitched him with magic, seduced him into making the decree, the choices were endless.

She mouthed 'thank you' to him as she held his hand, giving it a slight squeeze. She watched Troy lean close to Thornton, feeling strange but didn't saw a word about it. She took a small sip of her tea before looking back at the two. She listened to Troy's words carefully with a small smile painted of her face, quite impressed with the speech.

"Excellent choice of words, I commend you for it. With that said along with my previous plan we will officially start our reconstruction. More schools, rebuild cities, Bigger trade, A better nation. We will export more gems to farther country, marketing the country. Yunkai will be happy to loan the rose kingdom as much money as it needs when the time comes." She said rising up from her seat. " I think Thornton will agree that to show the unity between of our two kingdoms. We will have the wedding in precisely two days times."

she looked at Troy for the last time. She didn't know why she was acting this way, she did care about Thornton's move before yet seeing him take charge made her heart flutter and seeing Troy lean the way she did. She waited a while to make sure everything Thornton had to say was finished prior to saying. "If that is all to be discuss then you are all free to go. We will speak to you when we need you." Most of the advisors bowed to the two monarchs before exiting.

She turned to Osuin. "If you would like to speak about the past, we can now if you would like, Maybe even stop by the kitchen. I haven't eaten all day." She said with a smile. She turned to Thornton giving him a genuine smile. "Thank you for that, What you done was honorable. I never thought you would do that, make me your equal politically. You make aspiring king. Why don't you come along with me. I could really use the company."

She looked back to Troy, she knew that the distrust was mutual between the two. Kuvira lived by depending on very few and didn't feel like adding another person to her list. As long as they had a medium for their two worlds, she didn't have an issue with it. Troy just had to know her boundaries mainly since she was related to the Flirt.

Syniad watched quietly as Cecile fumbled at his criticisms, but was slightly impressed when instead of giving up the princess continued trying. Although the 'task' was rather simple, he'd been watching the girl for some time, picking up on her weaknesses; one of those included determination, as shown with her reaction to being thrown into the dungeons after being found with the Bathelon King. Her next suggestion caught him off guard, although not as much as her first one.

"I think I'm a bit too old for that sort of thing. Perhaps you passing as my daughter would be better. We could be travelling away from home after the death of your 'mother,' not quite able to bear the memories, and also fleeing a destroyed hometown. I believe one of the towns destroyed in the small, nearly nonexistent war between Yunakai and the Roselands was Geddon, so we could use that to our advantage."

Noticing Cecile's growing agitation at the storm's approach, Syniad gave a small, reassuring smile. "It might seem close, but we have about two hours before we'll be anything but sprinkled on."

OOC: @Andraus we are tired of waiting on you.

It was early in the evening now, and after travelling since the break of dawn Sir Edwin and King Lance were roughly a third of the way to Bathelon. There were no roads leading from the Rose Kingdom to Bathelon, and so the two men began their journey south through the Gallica Pass and towards Yunakai. From the Yunakai it would be an eastward trip straight to Bathelon. Unlike the Rose Kingdom, the Yunakai nation was known to foster trade between other nations, and as such had well developed trading routes between neighboring nations. It was expected to be an easy journey for the two men.

Edwin was dressed casually in a blackwatch kilt and off white top. He had been instructed not to appear threatening in order to avoid drawing any unwanted attention to them during their travels. Edwin was sitting perched at the nose end of the horse drawn buggy they were in. It was being pulled along by a royal stallion, and Edwin was navigating. He was admittedly unhappy about this mission, and was not too fond of the Bathelon man. The men made it safely to the Yunakai nation, and soon would be back on the trading roads in route to Bathelon.

In truth, Edwin was somewhat jealous of Lance. It was due mostly because of his infatuation for the princess. The idea of keeping Cecile as a prisoner was... enticing to the Emerald Thorn. He yearned to have the princess under his control, to make her his own. It was a shame the girl was returned before he had the chance to snatch her up when he first spotted them in the Yunakai. He reflected bitterly on that day, and once again blamed the king for the foil of his plan. The road was becoming more rural the longer they traveled, and soon the village setting was replaced with scattered forests on both sides of the road. Only occasionally did another passerby cross their path.

Edwin and Lance had barely exchanged a word since the beginning of their journey, and Lance was seated within the buggy alongside the chests of magic mineral. The knight in his fantasizing about the princess decided then to try and strike up a conversation between the two. "So what was it like having the princess in your control?" he called out behind him and into the buggy. It was a strange question, and if it weren't for Edwin's back being turned Lance would have seen the creepy smirk across his face. He was enjoying the idea of keeping the rose princess imprisoned. "It must have been entertaining", he added while glancing over his shoulder to the king.

. . .

From the forest Cecile's ideas were once again met with criticism. The girl was eyeing Syniad attentively with her deep blue hues while twisting a strand of black hair around her finger. She listened to his thoughts on her second idea, and nodded to him in agreement. At this point the man gave his own suggestion, which relieved Cecile. She wouldn't have to throw out any other ideas.

"Alright, I can be your daughter", she said in affirmation. She paced before him and glanced back up to the clouds upon hearing his next statement. Cecile felt that the rain would come sooner than he expected. Her mess of curls seemed to float about her head with frizz, a sure sign that rain was imminent. However, the girl chose not to voice her opinion on it. She did not wish to irritate the man.

"In any case we should hurry", she said to him. The two continued their walk, and the princess hoped they would soon reach their destination. Not long after they started the girl came to an abrupt stop.

"But, sir Medger, won't the people where we are going already know you? Wouldn't they find it peculiar if you bring a daughter around now?" There was an awkward silence between the two as she collected her thoughts. She seemed close to discovering that perhaps the man was lying to her, but instead she continued walking alongside him, feeling up to walking now that they rested some.

"Perhaps I should be your niece instead".

. . .

Following the meeting between the grand masters, the royal advisers, and the king and queen, Kuvira dismissed the attendees and requested to eat. Thornton of course obliged his fiance, but requested Troy accompany the two as they returned to the king's quarters. There was a kitchen and dining area included in the lavish suite, and Thornton thought they could better communicate privately there. Along the way the man informed a passing servant, and shortly after their arrival to Kuvira's living space several palace cooks entered and began preparing a meal for the three.

Thornton and the two women were seated at a round, oak table that was in a small room attached to the kitchen. A tray with a tea pitcher and three empty tea cups was brought to them. Instead of waiting to be served as was more traditional, Thornton poured Kuvira and Troy's tea, even taking the time to drop a cube of sugar into each cup. He then poured his own and sipped at it without adding any sugar. Perhaps sweetened tea wasn't masculine enough for him.

Finally, he reached his hand across the table and spoke to Kuvira, "we do not have to marry in just two days, my queen. I do not intend to rush you", he said. He took another sip of his tea and turned to Troy. The reason he invited Troy to join them at dinner was because she was a dragon hunter, something he knew Kuvira needed. He began to explain, "along with reconstructing the Rose Kingdom, extinguishing the resistance will have to be a top priority. Troy, the Rose Kingdom could use a person of your expertise and status to put an end to the resistance while still keeping the subjects happy".

Thornton's gentle hues returned to the queen, he was watching her expression carefully and trying to decide if she approved of his idea or not. He continued, "by now the cure has reached Yunakai soil, and I am certain it is being distributed to Yunakai citizens". Thornton smiled sheepishly, he was trying to decide what other important points to touch on, but he couldn't keep his thoughts away from his sister. His voice trailed on, "the Emerald Thorns are at work repairing the damage done to several Rose villages, and in the morning the markets surrounding the entrances to the Gallica Pass will be in use for the first time in... a year". Opening the Rose borders to trade would be a major event, reflected Thornton. He secretly did not wish to deal with such things while his sister was in some unknown place, but he would. That was the duty of a king: to put his kingdom above all else.

"Will the regent queen and your ladies soon be joining us here?" he asked her. His thoughts were sporadic; he was having a hard time grasping so many events at once. His thoughts jumped from responsibility to responsibility, and now they landed once again on Kuvira's decision to marry quickly.

Kuvira smiled as he poured the tea. Though he is of Royal blood. He was humble and kind, something that she would've never expected. She joined their hands together following his reach. He seemed quite uncomfortable as he spoke about the rushed wedding. She managed to pull of a small frown though inside she felt like laughing before saying. "Oh dear, I didn't mean to make it seem so fast. I should've discussed with you before, I was just so full of myself out there." Her frown shifted into a smile as she continued on. " But what are we waiting for? Though we have only been engaged for a few weeks, I feel so attached to you. I adore you and everything that you do... Whenever you find preferable we can change it." There was a twinkle in her eyes while she spoke almost as if she was in a teenage dream.It's not yet true love, not like, nor lust, nor infatuation, just young love. Something she will deny to anyone who asked her, especially her mother.

As the king went on to attempt to speak about political affairs. She sipped on her tea. He was speaking about things she already knew yet she let him go on. She figured the reason why he kept bringing up the Cure in Yunkai was because he knew it would please her. She would've informed him that the rats were the things she was most concerned with however she felt that Thornton needed to feel like he was in control of things. When brought of the arrival of her ladies and Mother. She simply nodded and replied. " Not the Regent but my Ladies will arrive later on today. It will only be a matter of time before they are roaming praising you." Her smile was brief as she met Thornton once again. The look in his eyes pained her. She felt so selfish of the situation at hand.

She cleared her throat before gesturing towards a servant nearby. The servant bowed and bowed in haste. "Tell everyone that the Monarchs will not receive anymore reports for the rest of the day. We will be informed of everything in the morning unless it's need to be reported immediately." The servant courtesy prior to taking a few steps back. Kuvira gave The King's hand a slight squeeze.

"You need to relax, you seem so tense. Why don't we do what you want. There is more to being a king than just political decisions. Whatever you wish for."

(Here is the scene you requested! Enjoy Enuky!)

Yaro was the first to defend Prudence when push came to shove, using his blade to block any projectiles, before Yaro did a sharp intake of breath, as he prepped the sword in front of him. The man approaching had his silver mask, and a crossbow on his wrist. Yaro knew exactly who this was, and was expecting this to happen....just not this soon. Yaro would then put on his most determined face, as he brought his sword in front of him, staring at the man.

"
Hello.....Master."

Lanister looked as he sighed, before reaching over and pulling out his folding blade. "Yaro....please, let's not do this. We do not need to fight, but you must think carefully about what you're doing." Lanister said, staring at his apprentice.

"
I know exactly what I am doing, something I should've done long ago: I am taking up arms for my country, and my people. I need to do this. I respect you, Master, But I know where I must draw the line. "Yaro said, not backing down from his spot.

Lanister sighed, before extending the blade in his hand. He then brought it in front of himself. "I am sorry it has to be this way Yaro....but I must do what I must." Lanister said.

The two starred at eachother, both magical aura's around them sparking: On Yaro's side, there was the chill of winter. On Lanister's side, there was the devouring flame. Then, the two clashed. Sparks flew from their weapons, as blade bit blade. Both match each-others moves with practiced ease, both now putting their all against the other. To anyone watching, seeing sword and magic clashing, it was literally a battle of Fire and Ice.

Lanister backed away from the impact of one of Yaro's strikes, before holding out his hand as a gout of flame would shoot at Yaro, swarming around him. Yaro would counter this by covering himself, as an ice-like ball formed around him, protecting him from the swirling flames. Yaro then sent out a lance of ice towards Lanister, who proceeded to shatter it with a fire blast.

These two were tearing each other apart.

Troy was simply playing with one of the knives at the table, as they awaited food. She had her eyes above her, at the rafters, lightly rubbing the blade, before tossing it. Holding out her hand, she'd catch, by the handle....a rat on a knife. Thankfully, she had the decency to catch it with a cloth. Once she wrapped the blade up, she wrapped up the rat, and tossed a fireball at it, burning the carcass. She'd then take the knife with the blood on it, before placing the blood in a spare vial, which she corked and covered with wax. "Hmm......I wonder if I could use this as a tool.....meh, I'll find out later. "She said, as she tossed the knife into the fire she created, watching the metal be scorched and cleansed.

She didn't waste her actions, that was sure.

Washing her hands clean, she'd finally turn towards Kuvira and Thornton. "
Three things we must discuss before I even agree to do this. "She said, holding up her hand. "What type of Dragon, how much resources you're willing to divert my way to deal with it, and how much I'm getting paid. "She said. She was pragmatic, at least.

Aizen would have moved to attack, but he grunted in surprise as the ground gave way, reduced to a mucky quicksand. He had not come unprepared, though. Aware that struggling would make things worse, Aizen pulled from his waist, a multi-pronged hook attached to a rope. It was a favored tool for getting around.. As it allowed for climbing and rappelling. With a deep breath, Aizen spun the roped hook for momentum, and tossed it upwards, his eyes narrowing as the hook secured itself near the roof of the cavelike area. With great physical effort, the hobbit began to climb out of the muck, grunting with each pull. Once had gotten high enough out, Aizen swung from the rope, drawing his shortsword as he focused on Prudence. He hit the ground with a tumble and roll, landing on his feet with unusual grace. Once he was there though, the Rogue wasted no time setting up for a dirty move. In his hand he scooped up a wad of sand, viciously tossing it at Prudence's eyes before rolling forward, aiming to bring his shortsword through her knees in an upward slash.

Heinrich had paid no attention to Prudence' enemy, for he had to defend himself from swordsmen backed by archers. With an unusual level of unorthodoxy, the doctor slipped, ducked, dove and dodged out of the way of many slashes and arrow volleys. Once an arrow had been shot, the doctor took the initiative to go on the attack, recklessly stopping the blades with his hands, barely flinching at the searing pain of his flesh being torn as he caved in his attackers' skulls with ruthless swings of his mace. By the end of the third life, Heinrich's left arm was a bloody mess, and his mace was caked with clumps of hair and bone. His breathing was heavy, as he stared the archers down. There were only 2. In a sudden change of pace, Heinrich slammed his mace onto the ground, pulling into his hand, a talisman of sorts. Adorned onto the trinket was the symbol of Heinrich's deity.

"Hey!" Heinrich shouted at the two archers, unnerving them slightly.

"You want to see something neat!?" Heinrich began to mumble divine words to himself.. His Holy Symbol was glowing with a white light.. One of the archers managed to fire upon Heinrich; alas the arrow stuck his mask, and did not reach his face. That blunder gave Heinrich a great opportunity. He finished his prayer, as his arm was enveloped n a warm light, and recovered from all of its injuries, and what blood soaking into his robes there was vanished. Even the damage to Klaus' mask was fixed.

"....poof." Klaus uttered, rushing at the two archers, evading their arrows with elaborate movement as he brought his mace to one skull, and before the other could get up, a knife from Klaus' robe flew into his chest, knocking him to the floor. The blood Klaus saw.. It filled him with great satisfaction. No longer in pain from the healing, Klaus looked around.

"Ooooooooh Klaaaaaauuussss...." he whispered to himself, almost losing himself in the ecstasy of the moment. He glanced around.. to his right, Lanister and Yaro were locked in combat. To his left, something even smaller than Prudence was attacking her. It looked like a sort of shadow person. Klaus decided that he would help Prudence with this situation, and fell to one knee, praying to his Deity as his symbol radiated out with power... Whatever spell would come out of this, surely it would help Prudence in some way...

As her opponent dragged his way through the quick sand, Prudence was given a moment to catch a glimpse of the surrounding battlefield. Heinrich was carrying his own weight nicely it seemed. He had already slaughtered several enemies, and nothing seemed to stop the man. A mad man, she thought, turning her attention then to Yaro's match. It was difficult to assess who was winning among the sparks of flame and glittering shards of ice that erupted with each clash of their swords. Prudence watched on in a sort of awe for perhaps a moment too soon because the next thing she knew Aizen was at her feet and readying for attack. She jumped and flinched at the handful of sand that was chucked into her face, however; the attack would prove ineffective.

"Nice try you disgusting little troll",
Prudence muttered harshly to Aizen at his attempt to blind her. Luckily, Prudence was still dressed as a plague doctor and wearing a mask of Heinrich's. The sand was deflected by the lenses, and now the goblin was coming in from below with his sword. She considered the usefulness of the doctor's mask as she leaped upwards, evading the swipe of his sword.

The witch landed in a crouched position on the ground just out of reach of his sword, and by now she had her wand drawn back ready to cast another spell. "Absorbere potestatem", a white glow emitted from her wand and coated her body. She placed her hand upon the ground, which also began to glow. It was a power absorption spell, and it was used to gain energy from ones surrounding environment. In this circumstance, Prudence absorbed the strength of rocks and minerals, making her skin hard and resistant to damage. With her newly acquired strength Prudence jumped forward, ready to deliver a rock like punch to the goblin's face. She didn't normally choose physical combat, but she couldn't resist a good brawl against a man shorter than she.

. . .

Thornton stared down into his cup of tea as Kuvira spoke soothingly in response to his concerns. She didn't seem to have any qualms about becoming his bride in just a matter of days. At last he glanced up from his tea and into Kuvira's eyes. She was beautiful and innocent to him. However wrong he might have been, Thornton saw her as the epitome of goodness. In contrast to this, he saw himself as a dreadful being. How could someone as pure as Kuvira love a man who slayed his own father? He felt as though he was subjecting an innocent woman to evil.

"I look forward to meeting them all", Thornton said absentmindedly. He wondered why the regent wouldn't be in attendance, but he raised no questions about it. Instead his thoughts focused on Kuvira's next suggestion. She was right in that with reconstructive efforts underway, the part of the king and queen was largely finished. It was up to their subordinates to ensure the necessary next steps were carried out. However, the king and queen's job was not completely finished. Soon Thornton would have to prepare a public appearance to announce his marriage and pending coronation, and to address his father's... disappearance. He could already feel butterflies in his stomach as he imagined speaking to the public for the first time as king. He stared into Kuvira's eyes and shook his head, "I think it would be wise of us to begin preparing my speech for the public...", he reminded her.

It was then that his mind was snapped back to table as Troy lashed out and retrieved a rat. His nose wrinkled with disgust as he observed the strange woman collect its blood. What could it possibly be useful for? He wondered with disgust. However, he quickly realized that such a look could be perceived as rude. He concealed his uneasiness and poured a second glass of tea. It was then that several servants entered, each carrying a large platter of food. Before each person was placed a plate of steak and roasted vegetables, along side a small loaf of fresh bread. The servants also brought more tea, and bowed before leaving them to eat.

Thornton reached over to begin cutting Kuvira's meat into thin slices as Troy voiced her stipulations. "I don't think you understand quite what it is that I am asking of you, my lady. I am offering you an official position on the Rose Kingdom Reconstructive Committee". He finished with his fiance's steak and began eating at his own food. "You will of course be highly compensated and given access to a multitude of our resources", he added. Thornton felt as though the reconstructive committee could use a member of Troy's heritage. She could help advise them on how to approach the subjects unhappy about the pending legislation for magic.

The resistance was another serious issue, and Thornton knew that measures would have to be taken for the safety of noblemen all around. He hoped he could begin his own training in magic soon, to better prepare him for what they were up against. He awaited patiently their responses, and nonchalantly added a cube of sugar to his teacup.

Aizen re-assumed his stance as he took in the effectiveness of his maneuvers.. She had protection for her eyes, it seemed. Furthermore.. Aizen took it that the sand did not obscure her vision in the slightest. His nerves tensed up as she spoke more words of power, lunging forward with a thrust of his sword in an effort to halt her spell...

Right at the moment Klaus finished his own. On the last words of his prayer, a blue streak of energy flew from Klaus to Prudence, forming a shield of energy in front of her. It knocked Aizen back, seemingly shocked by this. Before he could recover, Prudence had launched herself at Aizen, her punch knocking Aizen several feet back, and knocking him prone with a low grunt. Quickly though, the Hobbit was up again, folding his mask down, exposing his tan lips.. He spit upon the ground. Surely enough, there was blood there.. A good enough indicator of just how hard he had been punched. Had it not been for that interference by Klaus.. Aizen was certain he could have plunged his sword into her belly. Now the Shinobi had two enemies to contend with.. Both dressed similarly.

He took a deep breath, sword in one hand.. His other reaching behind his back.

Klaus approached his ally, cleaning the bone and hair off of his mace. His laugh was low, and sinister, as he stared Aizen up and down.

"A fun plaything.. You will make." the doctor murmured to himself. This little cretin wasn't serious, was he? Challenging two casters at once? So long as Yaro could trade blows with Lanister, Klaus saw the odds in his favor. It was essentially three on two, right now.

"Of course, we can prep the speech after we eat." She announced. Her eyes widen as she watched Troy catch a rat with a knife. Looking at the thing made her want to squeal yet she simply watched the Huntress drain the blood from the creature. She obviously had no table manners which made her want to bring even more.

However Kuvira turned to Troy with a devilish smirk. Though the Grandmasters already told her that killing the dragon will created more instability between the relationship, she had to take a risk. They didn't know how to Debond a dragon from its rider and she couldn't wait to find out when they do.

"A Yunkain-" she was interrupted by Thornton correction of offering her an official position. In her opinion she would be more use slaying the dragon but she trusted Thornton's choice surprisingly. Her smirk faded quickly as she moved her knife aside, she had no need to use it now.

She ate her food in silence as Thornton proceeded to speak. He seemed to be offering so much to someone he had just incriminates not to long ago. the way they trusted each other so quickly made her a bit bewildered. When he finished, she wiped her lip to make sure she didn't have a stain. "That sounds like a wonderful idea. For the dragon issue I already hired people to take care of it. This would be great for you Troy, A person of statue would know exactly what is need to properly lead."

Lance, who had been mulling over what to do first when he returned home when the silent and unsettling Emerald Thorn spoke up. Immediately Lance felt a distaste for a hwhile other man. He had already been suspicious of him, feeling his face was too familiar.

"She was not under my control. Cecile is her own person. She made her own decisions and did what she felt was right. I had no say in her choices." Not to mention Cecile would probably be quite boring were he to control him.

"Why do you ask such things?" Perhaps the soldier had some strange infatuation with the princess. Not quite realizing how close he was to the truth, Lance stared at the passing scenery, that same unexplainable on-edge and slightly hostile feeling possessing him again. The king's recent dreams had involved woods and Lance www reluctant to recognize he was prone to the moon's push and pull. Although, it certainly explained his father's monthly hunting trips.

///

"No, I don't believe they would. My hometown is actually in Bathelon. Nobody here would know me," he reassured her, not turning to face her when she stopped. "If you're going to be dramatic while you talk please don't do it by stopping. We have quite a distance to cover and I'd like to beat the rain." Those who read closely into the tones and cadences of speech would probably say that "Eric" had spoken a bit too hurriedly as he dismissed Cecile's question.

After a small while of silence, Cecile suggested taking the role of Syniad's neice instead, which the man found rather amusing. "I think we'll be fine."

About three quarters of the way to the village the wind whipped up suddenly, signaling the approach of a storm. Syniad cast a wary gaze at the dark clouds in the sky, his eyes following patterns in the clouds carefully. His shoulders stiffened but that was the only outward sign of his growing discomfort. A wall of rain swept towards them, drenching Syniad and Cecile without warning.

Syniad quickened his pace, snatching Cecile's sleeve and breaking into a run towards the village. At first it would seem he wanted to get out of the rain, until one looked to the direction the storm had approached it. The sun had lowered enough to shine against the storm's back, giving it an eerie black color deeper than the angry grey it had been before. The terrifying scene was in no way helped by the few bushes blowing in the opposite direction of the clouds. Faint but strengthening traces of rotation could be seen in the sky.

As soon as they reached the village, Syniad paused as if looking for something. Spotting an old, dry well just outside the village, he pulled Cecile towards it. "Unused and dry. How convenient," he muttered, sweeping Cecile off of her feet without explanation and walking down the walls with his dizzying gravity manipulation.

"The storm is going to produce a tornado, so we're gonna stay down here for now," he finally revealed, staring up at the black sky. Rain poured into the well, but only for a few moments. Everything seemed to stop and calm suddenly; the only sound was Syniad's sudden chanting. The absence of chirping birds made it all the more unsettling.

A quiet but building noise not unlike a howling screech further broke the silence, and just in time Syniad's magical barrier formed as the noise became unbearable and the above-ground walls of the well, along with the wood that held the pulley for a missing bucket, were violently ripped away.

"Here we go.."

Troy simply looked up from the plate she was eating on, with a raised eyebrow. Having the courtesy to swallow her food before speaking, she'd look over. "Look, don't take this the wrong way, I appreciate the honor, but....do you honestly believe someone would listen to someone like me, whose bound to a demon? Maeve is a notable exception, but she had time to gain a reputation before being bound to that thing in her. I was bound to this sword since I was 8, and I did it willingly. Who would trust me and Muramasa?"She asked, before rubbing her chin. She would then snap her fingers.

"
However....a role that would gain trust, and be seen as a wise move by your inner council....I'd be your magical adviser. "She said, as she looked towards them. She then held up Muramasa. "I know more about demon-based magic than anyone with a sane mind. I've studied from various other races, such as the Dwarves and their automatons, or the elves and their forests." She said, as she leaned back. "I also have Developed my own school of magic, though that is still in their larval stage....Who else would be able to inform you about magical occurrences with hands on experience than I? The Yunkanian-....I mean 'Queen' Kuvira is skilled, but I doubt she's ever actually seen a dwarven mage at work." She said, trying her best not to offend the woman.

One thing would stick out in what she said: She developed her own magic school. What had she made, that made it different than any other magic school?

(I will have Yaro's section done later, but for now you can post for Troy's.

Kuvira shifted her eyes from Thornton to Troy, quite surprised. After their declaration of 'friendship' she thought that they would do anything for each other. Kuvira sipped on her tea as Troy continued her lecture, wishing it was wine. The idea of her becoming a magical advisor caused a furrowed brow upon The Queen's bewildered face.

She didn't say a word for she knew that the phrase that would come out her mouth would be metal on a blade. She let the Huntress boast about her school, her demon, her dwarves. When she heard her name be brought up as a comparison to the 'almighty' witch. She simply let out a slight scoff before moving back to her bread.

"If you believe no one will listen why did you make a school? Obviously someone had to listen to you to construct the school to desire and someone wants to listen to you if they are attending. Choose your words wisely." She placed her tea down before giving her full attention to Troy. She thought for a moment thinking about what she could use the shedevil for, immediately a thought popped into her head. "Being an advisor is a very important role and though Thornton may trust you with it. You were imprisoned an hour ago for a reason. Perhaps you can earn that role if you train both of us in demon spells. You are right I am ill trained when it comes to that field, maybe it will benefit the both of us."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back