• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Lights Camera Action IC

PixieDust

Ten Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

PRODUCTION: NORTHWOOD SEASON 1
DIRECTOR: JOHN RAIMI
EPISODE: PILOT
PRE-PRODUCTION: FIRST TABLE READ, WARDROBE FITTING & MAKEUP TRIALS

clapperboard-gadget-flying-tiger-copenhagen-420144_1200x.png

CAST
Holly Monroe as Rachel Coby PixieDust PixieDust
Elizabeth Glass as Veronica Cutter AtemDark49 AtemDark49
Isadora Vega as Bella Rios Zombie. Zombie.
Nick Finnbar as Chip Fontaine @Qwertycakes
Bianca Ellis as Kristine Tenenbaum @tamarapasek
Chase Vennon as Leif Roscoe The Silent Z The Silent Z
Beau Eriksson as Jake Lacey Zombie. Zombie.

'Oh, hey! I'm Manny, 2nd AD on the set of Northwood and your friendly neighbourhood Go-To-Guy for questions about your schedule. Congratulations on getting the role and here's to a long career! Today is your first table read and wardrobe fitting. You're required to report to our studios in Burbank by no later than 8am to begin the read-through with the rest of the cast, principal writers, producer and, of course our wonderful director John. This is probably the latest call time you'll ever have on set, so savour it, my friend and DON'T BE LATE. If you arrive early feel free to hang out in the green room and mingle with each other until you're called through, it's no problem and we have ping pong!

The day is expected to last until 5pm so snacks and lunch will be provided. My personal recommendation is Patsy's food truck, it's totally the best. Please ask for our 1st AD Margot when you arrive, and she'll make sure you get to the right lot. See you soon!'

Last edited:

With: n/a
Time: 7:30am
Where: her apartment, the studio green room
Mentions: n/a
Mood: nervous, excited, maybe a little queasy

O6Gp.gif
Was it odd that the first thing Holly Monroe saw when she opened her eyes at 6 in the morning was a pair of green eyes and mop of curly sandy blond hair? Not really, but it was rather inconvenient.
'Ugh...Greg what are you doing in here?' she mumbled as she rubbed at her eyes blearily.
'Waking you up, duh. Do you not
remember what's happening today?' Holly blinked a few times and offered her roommate a blank look. In all honesty, Holly had begun losing track of the days what with how little sleep she had been getting lately.
'Um no, obviously. Please do enlighten me.'

Greg rolled his eyes with an impish, incredulous expression. 'Geez, you really need more sleep if you don't remember it's the table read today.' As if struck by sudden electricity, Holly sat bolt upright, her brown eyes wide and fully alert and her auburn hair falling haphazardly out of the bun it had been in and around her shoulders.

'That's today?' She picked up her phone from the bedside table and checked the date. 'Oh my god it's today! Okay I need to get ready, why didn't I realise?' The red head shooed her laughing friend from the room and began thinking over all the things she needed to do perfectly for the day. Would she even have time to make a flask of herbal tea or journal her morning thoughts and gratitudes? Definitely not, and being out of whack with her routine was deeply pissing her off.

Despite her fretting, it did not take Holly very long to get herself ready to head out.

'You want me to drive you there? I gotta be there anyways you know...' Greg said as he handed her a ready made flask of piping hot green tea. She took it gratefully. 'How did you know I needed-'
'I'm a production assistant, Trench Coat. It's literally what I'm paid to do. Now come on. I know you want to get there early so you can impress the Almighty Raimi.'

After more similar teasing on the drive to the studios, the pair were finally there and Holly parted ways with her new and only friend in LA as he headed to a different sound stage, but not before reminding her to ask for Margot the 1st AD.

As Holly looked up at the imposing studio building, she felt a sudden knot in her stomach and lump in her throat. This was really happening now. She was in a tv show. Queasiness was not the internal reaction she had been expecting to this fact.

Don't sabotage yourself, Holly. Walk in there like you're supposed to be there...because...you are supposed to be there!

Holly took a composing breath, plastered on her signature self assured smile and took purposeful strides into the studio building and over to the receptionist.
'Excuse me, I'm Holly Monroe. Here for the Northwood table reading and fittings. I was told to ask for Lauren'

It was not long before Margot arrived. Holly thought she seemed like a stern, no nonsense sort of person and was definitely sizing Holly up.
'Alright Miss Monroe, you're a half hour early. Let me take you through to the Green Room to wait.'

The Green Room in question was certainly not green, but it was a comfortable and airy space, filled with natural sunlight and a couple of large soft sofas. in the very centre of the room was a pingpong table, which was far too juvenile for Holly's tastes.

Last edited:
Chase Vennon
tumblr_114f2ff7759fc37b5e43a91bbb5bdaa3_b740627f_500.gif

A morning trim to appear younger as was appropriate for his new role and character age. Even if he was only twenty-four, facial hair like his never helped keep that youthful teen look. Not that he was complaining but he was a actor now.... It didn't help with this role. However after a morning shower, trim and taking care of his smell good needs and have to's. Chase departed from his oversized studio and left for the studios out in Burbank. Hopping into his old truck, a '66 Chevy C10, turning on that radio and tuning into some country as he hit the road

it was almost 4:30 in the AM. Driving for roughly an hour and half before pulling into the studio lot, radio still playing as he pulled into a parking spot. Shifting the truck into park and sitting back in the old but repaired leather seats while his eyes drifted up, down then left to right getting a full look at the studio. His mind still pondering how he got this role and how a guy like him found himself in L.A of all places. It was the furthest from his personality that he could possibly ever think of .... Then again a job was a job and maybe not all Stereotypes were true but many surely still were ..... It's Hollywood after all.

looking at the time of fifteen after the hour, closing his eyes and listening to the radio play on this early morning. Almost unaware of his turning the ring on his finger over and over, continuously turning it over slowly as if calming himself or remembering someone or something that his ring tied him to and meant something important to him. Odd, considering he was never a ring guy and typically engagements weren't as he understood it a thing for guys when it came to wearing rings. But she was a practical one that didn't consider it a engagement ring but the real deal, one purchase ring that signified their bond and future together..... Amongst a clear sign he was off the market. Those words playing in his mind and knowing he still hasn't been able to take this ring off no matter how much he probably should. The "not a ring guy" moniker he once liked was very much losing its touch the more he kept it on his finger.

But still... That little ring played a role in his daily routine now. Whenever he has doubts or wonder why.... He always had that ring to keep him relaxed and as calm as he possibly be in that moment. It almost didn't occur to him that he would need to take it off when the filming started.

looking at the time and never one to be the last guy in the building or considered anything close to late for any reason and event. Chase looked one last time at his radio and offered a small smile as Conway Twitty came on the radio, well one of his songs that is and of course. A throwback to the classic days of country music. Almost unexpected in these modern times. "Sentimental Journey, indeed Conway...." Chase spoke aloud and to himself as the titled song referenced played before he turned the nob to shut off the radio.

"You sure got yourself into quite the road this time, Chase." He continued still not considering himself an actor and still hard to believe a guy like him and with no acting background or schooling on his resume to lean on. Here he was in L.A, in Burbank California freshly cast in some teen drama of sorts called Northwood. Going from a farm in Minnesota to the breid stint in the NFL and the city of Pittsburgh to L.A as a stagehand turned upcoming actor... Well occasionally an actor at least.... Upcoming was a bit of a stretch for a guy like him in his mind.

Getting out of his truck and shutting the door behind him, knowing he was likely underdressed for the occasion wearing a simple blue jeans and a collared flannel shirt with a couple buttons left open revealing an old white tee underneath and a Twins ball cap and sneakers to round out his comfortable but very blue collar look. Least that's what folks kept reminding him of whenever he walked around L.A since arriving or on sets. But that's who he was and proud of it ... Besides what does one wear to a table reading?

Taking a step forward with a deep then exhaled breath, opening his eyes, "It's only a job Chase. Not your first nor hopefully not your last, just get it done mate." He spoke to himself as he spotted a curious little fella across the way from the corner of his eye. A smaller breed of dog that looked to him in turn with some seeming curiosity. "You here for a job too?" Chase chuckled softly and tipped his cap to the dog with a small wink. "Good luck then..." He spoke out and walked towards the studio.

"Margot, AD one.... Or first AD? Does it make a big difference if I say one or first? Shouldn't." He thought as he walked up towards a woman and took off his hat as he was raised when walking into a room and speaking to a lady. "Howdy Ma'am, Chase... Uh, Chase Vennon." He began kindly. "Mind pointing a fella in the right direction? Think I was told to speak to a Miss or Mrs. Margot the AD. I'm here for that Northwood reading ..." He added politely. Before long the woman assisted him with a smile and soon there after he was face to face with one Margot, first AD. A rather serious and stern seeming woman but still he took off his hat once again and offered a smile with a followed 'Howdy' but kept it short as he got a sense that was best with this lady. Likely quite busy and all and no need to ramble or provide small talk to fill the air.

After a brief meeting it wasn't long before Chase found himself walking up to the green room and wondering why it was called such in the first place. Since he arrived in L.A it was one thing he couldn't bring himself to ask and appear rather stupid and foolish in doing so yet this country boy never understood it even after working on a few sets and being in L.A for a minute now.

Routines and Hollywood for him was going to be a work in progress just as it had been already for him. But with a role on screen that went beyond the 'Extra' he was getting used to playing when not pitching in with set work that was more familiar to him and where he initially started after his playing days. Chase was going to be feeling rather out of place for the first while though he wouldn't show it. Work was work is all he'd keep telling himself.

It wasn't nerves mind you, not really, he played before thousands at once and more on TV during his football days. But acting? He didn't think of himself as an actor. Never played any parts in school plays and productions growing up in Hibbing. He didn't attend Juliard. He went to Bemidji State on scholarship for football not acting. Yet here he was.... It would be a change that wouldn't settle overnight even if he had been at this Hollywood business for a minute now. Work was work. He appreciated it. But it was still kind of odd for him. He didn't know the politics of Hollywood sets that well, he wasn't attuned to the ways of actors and their routines.... Would his football routines and superstitious methods work here? No, probably wouldn't apply the same.

New. It was all still very new to him. Least breaking down film could still come in handy to him even if it wasn't the same kind of film.

Walking into the green room once again stopping himself from playing with his ring and taking off his hat upon notice of the young woman already there in the green room. "Howdy Ma'am.... Names Chase. A pleasure I'm sure." He introduced himself politely and offered a smile. He couldn't help but notice briefly out of the corner of his eye the ping pong table. A little nod and smile at that but still he kept eye with Holly and respectful.

Although in the back of his mind he hoped folks wouldn't become offended with his manners or lack there of if he decides to stop taking his hat off to every lady in every room. It was already becoming a bit too often from one to the next for his liking. Not that he'd mind per say but still a busy hand just with that at this rate.

With/Mentioned: Holly Monroe PixieDust PixieDust

Time: 7:35 AM

Where: Apartment, Truck in Studio lot, Studio and Green Room

Mood: Adjusting, reminiscing, calm if a tad curious and pressuring himself.

Last edited:
MOOD: Excited

OUTFIT: Pictured above

basics
MENTIONS:
n/a

INT:
n/a
tags
TL;DR She was on the phone to her dad at her new apartment before heading out. She then met Margot at the studio, and was stood outside the green room about to enter before her mom called her to wish her good luck too.
tl;dr
isadora vega
Clever as the devil and twice as pretty.
The brown-eyed brunette stood in a small but cosy bedroom, holding a cell phone up to her ear as she scanned her surroundings for anything else she needed to bring to the table read. Phone? Already in her hand. House keys? Left pocket. ID? In her bag. “Anyway, have you eaten yet? And did you get enough sleep last night? ..And are you gonna be okay today, princesa?” her father inquired from the other end of the line, his care evident in the number of questions he bombarded her with. She had never landed a role this big before. "I'm so proud of you, amor. My little girl is becoming a star."

"I'm not little anymore papa, I'm twenty-one. I'll be okay,"
she laughed and reassured the man, who was clearly still adjusting to his daughter moving so far away from home. "I'm sorry we couldn't come with you, Adora." he lamented, her parents' financial constraints and work commitments keeping them from following her to the expensive city of dreams. "When I make it, I'll buy a house for you and mom in L.A," Isadora promised, wholeheartedly confident in the words that she spoke.

When the call ended, Isadora gazed at her reflection in the mirror to check if she looked decent enough to make a good first impression on her new co-workers. In terms of makeup, the most she usually wore was a bit of concealer and some clear lip gloss if any makeup at all, but since today would be her first time meeting the rest of the cast, she wore mascara and foundation too. Her outfit consisted of an unbuttoned cardigan over a brown, lace-lined vest, some black jeans and a necklace to complete the look: all thrifted, of course. She was quite excited for the transformation she’d have to undergo to get into character—it hadn’t actually happened yet, but they were going to be dyeing her hair honey-blonde for the role of Bella Rios.

"Not looking half bad, Vega!" chimed one of her housemates as they passed by the open bedroom door. Isadora shared the modest apartment with two like-minded, ambitious women—one was a fiery, red-haired model named Aspen, and the other was a blonde and stoic but well-meaning Youtuber who went by the name Blair offline. The humble abode had become the launchpad for all three of their endeavours towards entering the public eye.

~~

When the young actress entered the studio, each step she took emitted grace. Nobody knew who Isadora Vega was.. yet. But still, something about her demeanour made it seem like she'd already been PR-trained, like there was an invisible camera rolling at all times. She may have only learned to carry herself in such manner to better the way she was perceived, but she’d been doing it for so long that it had become second nature to her.

Isadora met Margot Reilly after her arrival was announced by the receptionist. The assistant director seemed a little unapproachable at first, but Isadora shook the woman’s hand and gave her a warm smile regardless as she introduced herself. As confident as Isadora was in her worth, she still couldn’t believe that this was actually happening. Perhaps her name would actually start to make waves.

Just as she reached the outside of the green room, she pulled her phone out of her back pocket to turn it on silent. Had she done so any earlier, she wouldn’t have seen the perfectly timed incoming call from her mother. "Hey, mom! I can't talk for long, I just got to the studio," Isadora shared, briefly taking a moment to wave at an extremely tall male that passed by her to enter the green room.

"I'll make it quick, agapi. Have you eaten?" the woman responded, comically mirroring her husband's earlier concerns.

"Yes, mom, I've eaten." Isadora laughed at her mother's endearing predictability. It was obvious that she was an only child.

"Good. S'agapó, Isadora. Be good, okay?"

"Bye, Mom!"
she said, hanging up the phone and turning it on silent.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Stoked

OUTFIT: Keeping it casual

LOCATION: His house, his friend's apartment, the green room (studio)
basics
MENTIONS:
Isadora, Chase, Holly

INT:
Isadora, Chase, Holly
tags
TL;DR He wakes up in his house and drops his childhood friend who is on crutches off to their lecture. He arrives at the studio, waves at a girl on the phone waiting in the hallway (Isadora) and then greets the two people inside the green room (Holly and Chase).
tl;dr
Josh Bedoya
That's what makes acting so attractive. You get to break all your own rules.
Golden rays of sunlight shone through the glass and directly onto Joshua’s face, the arrival of morning gently waking him from his slumber. The male's first instinct was to burrow deeper under the covers and go back to sleep, but the importance of that morning soon made its way to the forefront his mind. Sitting up with messy brown hair and squinting at his phone screen, he saw that there was only ten minutes until his alarm was going to go off anyway.

The size of the bedroom alone made it evident that Josh was wealthy. He was fortunate enough to live alone in one of the nicer parts of Los Angeles despite not having a 'normal' or reliable job. He moved out of his father’s not-so-humble abode in Los Feliz two years ago as soon as he turned eighteen, auditioning for whatever he could find whilst doing freelance modelling gigs on the side to strengthen his portfolio. Two bare feet connected with a soft carpeted floor, eventually transitioning onto heated marble tiles upon entering the bathroom.

Thankfully, nervousness was something Josh rarely had to deal with. He knew he had landed the role for a good reason, and the thought of meeting his co-stars only increased his elation for the new chapter of life he was entering. If Northwood turned out to be as successful as it seemed it would be, he could finally start saying ‘I told you so’ to his father about making it as an actor on his own. He was one step closer to proving it to himself, too.

After freshening up and getting ready, a quick press of his keys unlocked the grey Nissan GT-R that was parked on his gated drive, its novelty no less than the day it was gifted to him on his sixteenth birthday. Sitting in the driver’s seat with the engine off, Josh went to text a close friend of his to announce that he was heading out, but just as he went to start typing he saw that he already received a message from him five minutes ago.

‘Don’t worry about the ride today man. Good luck with everything’, it read.

‘Dude’ Josh texted back in response, ‘Don’t go anywhere.’ he added, quickly turning the engine on and setting off en route to Hunter’s apartment.

Josh had been driving the same-age male to most of his morning lectures after his bike was near-totaled a couple of weeks ago. Hunter had miraculously emerged from the accident with nothing more than a few scrapes, a dislocated shoulder and a broken leg, but it meant that he wouldn’t be able to ride for a while. Woodbury University wasn’t that far from the studio anyway, so Josh saw no reason why he couldn’t still do him a favour and drop him off on the way to the table read.

Pulling up outside the apartment, he saw his childhood friend hobbling towards the car on crutches with a relieved look on his face. Josh unlocked the doors and Hunter carefully got into the passenger seat, greeting him with a fist bump. “You sure you've got time?” his friend asked, not wanting to be burdensome. “Shut up man, of course I do.” Josh responded with a reassuring grin, one hand on the steering wheel as he pulled away from the curb.

~~

After dropping Hunter off at Woodbury, Josh found somewhere to park and got to the studio with about twenty minutes to spare. Heading to the green room after meeting Margot, he passed a young brunette on the way who, at that point, was still talking to someone on the phone. She gave him a small wave without diverting her full attention and Joshua nodded back to her politely, wondering if the woman was one of his co-stars on the show.

Not wanting to interrupt the call, he entered the green room to find two people inside who looked like they had not long arrived. “Hey” he greeted the pair of them, flashing a friendly smile and offering a handshake to the male first, simply because he was closer in proximity. “I’m Josh. You two here for the Northwood table read?" he asked as more of an icebreaker than an actual question.

Josh was looking forward to playing a character whose personality differed so much from his own. Northwood’s most popular quarterback with an ego through the roof, Jake Lacey was one of the kings of the school, willing and often eager to trample on anyone he considered to be beneath him or his elite circle of friends. Josh on the other hand, despite still arguably looking like he could be a bit of a douche, genuinely intended to get to know as many of his co-stars as he could—not just to befriend them but to maximise acting synergy too.
code by valen t.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back