• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lightning & Gold // Grishaverse & Gangs RP // plot & chat

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hey guys! I’ve been trying to brainstorm some character relationships to get the ball rolling. So, here are a few ideas (of course, these are just vague ideas that came to my mind, some more vague than others, and we can always go in a completely different direction!).

Aviator Aviator Oooh that could be fun, I can see Nels being a bit oblivious in the beginning ngl. He will be intrigued by Tala, both her personality and skill as a performance artist (though, as far as he knows, one-sided fascination from him, of course). There's a lot of potential for banter between them and I think they'd get along well!

powerline powerline Nels might notice that there is something untrustworthy about Fionnula, even if he won't be able to pinpoint it at first. And yet, he is quite likely to underestimate her as an opponent and try to chitchat with her, so ultimately in a gang fight he might very well get grazed by Fionnula’s bullet.

Lizy Lizy A fellow Razorgull! I think Nels and Elora could get along just fine, their personalities seem like they could mesh well. Their skill sets and combat tactics are different though, so they could make a decently well-rounded team together (and maybe they've worked together on specific jobs?). Well, at least Nels would be damn glad to have a capable gunslinger around.

Nenny Nenny Not sure if Nels and Luke both being of Fjerdan origin would help them bond or just create more tension, given that their personalities clash quite a bit. As for Nels, he knows that interacting with other Fjerdans in Kerch can be a double-edged sword, depending on what stance the fellow Fjerdans in question have on Grisha and life values in general. Nonetheless, Nels would likely attempt to suss Luke out by talking to him in Fjerdan (even if he wasn't certain initially that Luke is Fjerdan too), perhaps he'd bring up some Fjerdan-specific things or crack a few jokes (whether that’d result in unlikely acquaintances or disdain and attempted homicide would be up to Luke).

skycaptor skycaptor I think in normal circumstances Nels and Lovise could get along fairly well temperament-wise. That being said, two thieves from rival gangs don’t necessarily mesh together, and I’m afraid that in a battle of wits Lovise would likely outsmart and charm Nels. Plus, she could appeal to their shared Fjerdan heritage and get him to trust her on some superficial level. Perhaps there could be a past/future conning encounter that Nels would be a bit salty about (and impressed)?

BOKEH. BOKEH. I don’t think Indira and Nels really clash personality-wise, so their possibility for acquaintanceship/rivalry would depend on their gang rivalry or other external factors, I feel. Perhaps Indira could be more likely to suspect Nels of being Grisha if he used his powers during combat (which he tends to do, to a minor extent), not only as a fellow Etherealki but one who has received formal training, so that could be potential leverage.

SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles Perhaps potential for acquaintances/friends eventually? I’m assuming that as an Etherealki Nels might suspect Nari of being a Grisha if he were to see her perform using her fire tricks. Granted, he would do absolutely nothing with this suspicion (without a reason) and view it as a clever approach (an approach that he could take notes from).

Hey guys! I’ve been trying to brainstorm some character relationships to get the ball rolling. So, here are a few ideas (of course, these are just vague ideas that came to my mind, some more vague than others, and we can always go in a completely different direction!).

Aviator Aviator Oooh that could be fun, I can see Nels being a bit oblivious in the beginning ngl. He will be intrigued by Tala, both her personality and skill as a performance artist (though, as far as he knows, one-sided fascination from him, of course). There's a lot of potential for banter between them and I think they'd get along well!

powerline powerline Nels might notice that there is something untrustworthy about Fionnula, even if he won't be able to pinpoint it at first. And yet, he is quite likely to underestimate her as an opponent and try to chitchat with her, so ultimately in a gang fight he might very well get grazed by Fionnula’s bullet.

Lizy Lizy A fellow Razorgull! I think Nels and Elora could get along just fine, their personalities seem like they could mesh well. Their skill sets and combat tactics are different though, so they could make a decently well-rounded team together (and maybe they've worked together on specific jobs?). Well, at least Nels would be damn glad to have a capable gunslinger around.

Nenny Nenny Not sure if Nels and Luke both being of Fjerdan origin would help them bond or just create more tension, given that their personalities clash quite a bit. As for Nels, he knows that interacting with other Fjerdans in Kerch can be a double-edged sword, depending on what stance the fellow Fjerdans in question have on Grisha and life values in general. Nonetheless, Nels would likely attempt to suss Luke out by talking to him in Fjerdan (even if he wasn't certain initially that Luke is Fjerdan too), perhaps he'd bring up some Fjerdan-specific things or crack a few jokes (whether that’d result in unlikely acquaintances or disdain and attempted homicide would be up to Luke).

skycaptor skycaptor I think in normal circumstances Nels and Lovise could get along fairly well temperament-wise. That being said, two thieves from rival gangs don’t necessarily mesh together, and I’m afraid that in a battle of wits Lovise would likely outsmart and charm Nels. Plus, she could appeal to their shared Fjerdan heritage and get him to trust her on some superficial level. Perhaps there could be a past/future conning encounter that Nels would be a bit salty about (and impressed)?

BOKEH. BOKEH. I don’t think Indira and Nels really clash personality-wise, so their possibility for acquaintanceship/rivalry would depend on their gang rivalry or other external factors, I feel. Perhaps Indira could be more likely to suspect Nels of being Grisha if he used his powers during combat (which he tends to do, to a minor extent), not only as a fellow Etherealki but one who has received formal training, so that could be potential leverage.

SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles Perhaps potential for acquaintances/friends eventually? I’m assuming that as an Etherealki Nels might suspect Nari of being a Grisha if he were to see her perform using her fire tricks. Granted, he would do absolutely nothing with this suspicion (without a reason) and view it as a clever approach (an approach that he could take notes from).
Nels would absolutely remind Luke of Mikkel, both from his disposition and his Fjerdan ancestry -- even more so if Nels started speaking to him in their common tongue. For Luke, that would bring up such a gamut of emotion that I think his knee-jerk reaction would be to deeply dislike Nels. I also see him having a difficult time ignoring Nels, which would further that frustration, and may lead to some explosive behavior on Luke's side. Very curious about how that might develop over time!

I agree that him and Elora would get along really well! Maybe they've done a few jobs together with him as the muscle and her more focused on intel gathering and long range combat stuff, it think that would be rather effective. How long has he been with the Razorgulls? If he's been there for a decent amount of time and they've been working together I could see Elora being a bit more trusting with him than with other people. If not there's definitely a possibility of that happening with more time.

Here are a few ideas I've had reading through character sheets! These are just loose ideas to get the ball rolling, so feel free to suggest other ideas!

powerline powerline Elora would definitely respect the hell out of Fionnula and recognize her skill. She wouldn't necessarily have a negative opinion of her personally, but with them being in different gangs she'd probably steer clear and see her for the threat that she is.

BOKEH. BOKEH. Indira and Elora have probably crossed each others paths a few times, they both do a bit of spy work. Maybe there's a bit of a rivalry there?

SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles I think Nari and Elora's personalities would mesh pretty well and there's a potential for friendship there. Knowing that life in Ketterdam is not a desirable thing, Elora would definitely feel bad that Nari is somehow dragged into whatever gang drama is happening and if they were to get acquainted she may attempt to protect her from getting too wrapped up in it.

Nenny Nenny Lucas and Elora probably wouldn't mesh super well, if anything I think when they interact it would just be Elora talking a bit before giving up when he doesn't make conversation. She's probably a little intimidated by him as an assassin though.

skycaptor skycaptor Lova and Elora both do that using an easygoing and unassuming demeanor as a shield thing and they both do a lot of lying haha, they're quite similar. I feel like they might understand each other really well with their similarities and could become friends. With them being in rival gangs they probably don't trust each other, but maybe they do some very casual flirtatious banter for fun?

Lovise will definitely be attracted to Nels should they meet. And would have her fun flirting with him. She'd definitely catch Nels' accent and would use it to her advantage, yes. We could have it that they've met before, maybe or on clashing missions, and she managed to charm her way out of fighting with him (because he could overpower her easy)?

skycaptor skycaptor Lova and Elora both do that using an easygoing and unassuming demeanor as a shield thing and they both do a lot of lying haha, they're quite similar. I feel like they might understand each other really well with their similarities and could become friends. With them being in rival gangs they probably don't trust each other, but maybe they do some very casual flirtatious banter for fun?
Ooh I feel like they'd be besties (and an unstoppable duo tbh) if not for them being in different gangs for sure. Lova would have an affinity for her instantly when she understand that they're similar in a way. It'll be like that spiderman meme in her head lol. Flirtatious banter sounds great!

Aight, thanks, everyone! I think a consensus has been reached, and your feedback makes my decision way easier. RP thread will be up by Sunday, if not sooner! Just wanna wait for @Viserion to complete her character, because she's been updating me on her progress.

In the meantime, would you guys like to plot some relationships? For Tala, I'm thinking of BOKEH. BOKEH. potentially a cousins plot (or even half-sisters O.O) with Indira, powerline powerline a bitter rivalry with Fionnula due to her being very ruthless and Tala being much softer (not to mention also secretly plotting to kill Pekka Rollins), and krypt krypt a romantic infatuation with Nels (your choice on whether it's reciprocated). Tala would also at first prolly be intimidated by Luke Nenny Nenny but I can later see them becoming drug buddies once she learns of his liking for substances, because you name it, this girl would do it. SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles I see more of a friendly rivalry with Nari, due to her and Tala both being performers from caravans and Tala being naturally competitive, but definitely room for a real friendship to emerge. Lizy Lizy I think Tala would absolutely take a liking to Elora's warm demeanor and want to be her friend, because Tala is a reluctant Dime Lions associate and gang loyalties mean nothing to her. skycaptor skycaptor I see Tala clashing with Lovise because Tala would prolly detect some kind of inauthenticity and she despises liars, but if they overcome their differences, I think they could learn a lot from each other. With the exception of Tala being secretive about her Grisha abilities out of necessity, she's a disarmingly open book and fairly emotionally mature, and she'd want to help Lovise open up and stop being a slave to what other people want her to be. Whereas Tala is lacking in combat skills, physical coordination, and fending for oneself in the Barrel 101, so Lovise could train her in some basic badassery.
Oooo, yesss. A cousins or half-sisters plot between Tala and Indira would be so fun!
If they were cousins, Indira's father could be somehow related to Tala's father or mother as they are both Suli.
If they were half-sisters, perhaps, Dia's mother and Tala's father had an affair (whether during their respective marriages or before) resulting in Indira?
Whichever storyline you are more interested in for Tala, I would love to flesh out the details. (:

I agree that their personalities probably wouldn't necessarily clash but their relationship would likely depend on gang rivalry or other external factors! Indira quite likes having the upper hand in really any situation, so if she were to suspect Nels of being Grisha, she might be inclined to use that information to her advantage if it benefits her in some sort of way (which probably wouldn't be very beneficial for him haha). I imagine that that might cause some tension between the two if so. However, perhaps, them both being Grisha might also give them a better understanding of each other though.

Here are a few ideas I've had reading through character sheets! These are just loose ideas to get the ball rolling, so feel free to suggest other ideas!

powerline powerline Elora would definitely respect the hell out of Fionnula and recognize her skill. She wouldn't necessarily have a negative opinion of her personally, but with them being in different gangs she'd probably steer clear and see her for the threat that she is.

BOKEH. BOKEH. Indira and Elora have probably crossed each others paths a few times, they both do a bit of spy work. Maybe there's a bit of a rivalry there?

SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles I think Nari and Elora's personalities would mesh pretty well and there's a potential for friendship there. Knowing that life in Ketterdam is not a desirable thing, Elora would definitely feel bad that Nari is somehow dragged into whatever gang drama is happening and if they were to get acquainted she may attempt to protect her from getting too wrapped up in it.

Nenny Nenny Lucas and Elora probably wouldn't mesh super well, if anything I think when they interact it would just be Elora talking a bit before giving up when he doesn't make conversation. She's probably a little intimidated by him as an assassin though.

I am down for a rivalry between Indira and Elora! While I do not think that their personalities would necessarily be entirely incompatible, I think that their positions within their gangs (and the fact that they belong to different gangs) would likely create distrust and tension between them. I could definitely see Indira feeling a little extra on edge whenever she happens to be around Elora.

The first RP post is almost done! But I gotta skedaddle to work now, so the RP thread shall be up tonight! I will reach out shortly to all those interested in plotting with darling Tala.

Whoops, I dropped something ~

Woulda had this up an hour ago if my wifi hadn't decided to crap out lmao! Enjoy, my lovelies.

Sorry for the radio silence! I’ve been a bit busy. I’ll respond to all the plot ideas for Nari after I get back from the store ^^

I’ll also brainstorm how Nari would be included in the conference; maybe she’s performing at the place they’re all meeting.

SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles Great idea! Or maybe the Council of Merchants paid Nari off to spy on the meeting? Hell, I guess she could be doing both lmao.
Ooo what if her father or someone in the troupe owes the Council a debt and they told her if she spies for them then the debt will be considered paid?

Aw yeah! That sounds diabolical in the best way. 😈 Tala's grandfather is a higher up on the Council of Merchants (though she's never met him before), and maybe he was the one to cut the deal with Nari's father?

Aw yeah! That sounds diabolical in the best way. 😈 Tala's grandfather is a higher up on the Council of Merchants (though she's never met him before), and maybe he was the one to cut the deal with Nari's father?
That works! Maybe it's a debt her father thought he had settled in the past but then they get to the city and the Council says otherwise?

Hey, are you guys still interested in this thread? I posted the RP thread a whole week ago and no one's replied... What's wrong, my loves?

Hey, are you guys still interested in this thread? I posted the RP thread a whole week ago and no one's replied... What's wrong, my loves?
Sorry! I’ve been a bit busy, but I’m visiting my grandparents currently, so I should have time for a reply.

I had the most atrocious writers block last week but I'm writing something up right now!! :xFsmile:

Wondering, since there aren't any named cannon Razorgulls (at least that I'm aware of haha), would it be ok if I made up a couple higher ups that would be at the conference to name? I'd run whoever is created past my fellow Razorgull as well

sorry, my anxiety got the best of me & i was waiting for anyone else to reply first. but i'd post soon !

RP posts are looking razor sharp so far, you guys! 🗡️ Keep up the great work!!!

Would any of you very talented writers be interested in joining a Divergent group thread? I have an ongoing one from a little while back, but the thread is alive and well and we're always looking for new people! Please feel free to check it out.

I should be able to get a post up next week, I’m currently finishing up my last assignments for my class.

IMG_20230803_093913.jpg

Does anyone else intend to reply to the RP thread, or shall I start us on the next round of posts?

Last edited:
I’m planning on working on a post for Nari today. Sorry I haven’t gotten to it yet, I had to mentally recover after my last summer class.

I’ll have a post up tomorrow! (: My post is actually almost completely written but I’ve had a lot of problems with my wifi/internet lately, which has delayed my response. I apologize for the long wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back