• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy LIGHT in the Darkness. [1x1 With Dream_Operator23]

The Stolen Relic

"There Are no Men Like me."
Hallow's manor was slightly bigger than Ed had previously imagined it to be. To be fair when the ad online said that the room being rented out was only 85 dollars a month she thought perhaps it was too good to be true. It was possibly a trap to lure in unsuspecting victims that would later be murders. That or perhaps it was also a trick to indoctrinate young college student's into a weird cult of cannibals. Never-the-less despite her wild imagination, Ed found herself calling the number in the ad anyway and was moving in two weeks later with her cat Lucifer. It wasn't often that Ed seriously had doubts about anything, and she was incredibly good about reading others when it came to that sort of thing. Even from a small conversation over the phone she could tell a lot about a person from just a few words. She saw no danger in at least visiting Theodor for lunch before actually deciding to move in to the house. Seeing as they would be living together for a period of time it would be a good Idea to get comfortable with one another. Needless to say she wouldn't be here if she hadn't felt like this was a great opportunity.

However she could see why this wasn't exactly the place people would want to move into. This town wasn't exactly the most fun place on Earth. Many of the buildings were falling apart, and not to mention out-dated. The Townies themselves weren't exactly the nicest people to strangers, but it was Something Ed had expected. It wasn't often people were exactly excited to interact with a self proclaimed oddity of human nature but here she was. Even Theo had seemed to have gotten whip lash when she sat down in front of him. Apparently the ex-marine was not expecting to run into a goofy woman with dyed hair, wearing cloak like there was a Harry Potter convention going on. He seemed, easy going with her extremely strong personality. But as far as Lunch went she actually didn't see him very much. She assumed seeing as this family was richer than water he must have had some kind of important job. So she was more often than not in this big house alone.

The urge to explore all of it's secret nooks and cranny's was strong however she politely kept to herself and only invaded the kitchen when she was hungry and the living room to flip through the channels on the Blackwood's Flat screen. Today however was different, The rest of her Luggage was finally delivered to the Towns post office and she had spent the entire afternoon decorating her new room with all of her personal affects. The large Sailor Moon Poster's didn't exactly match the deep red floral wall paper , but it felt a bit more homey to her. She even dressed her bed with the soft white canopy that she's had sense she was little. It was a bit childish she would admit but there was something magical about waking up with sparkly sheers dancing around her bed. Her desk in the corner of the room was now cluttered with her favorite action figure's and photos of her parent's and old high school friends. The room definitely radiated with her Energy now. However she seemed to be stumped with where to place her tiny Dancer. It was a small figurine of a ballerina with a music box inside of the pedestal that she hadn't had the heart to part with when moving, but it seemed like she hadn't really had any more room for it on her desk. The room wasn't exactly furnished with a dresser, it was a wardrobe incapable of holding anything of maternal value. She could try to make room on the desk, but it was already so cluttered.

"Hmm, What do you think Luci?" She turns to look at her cat, currently sprawled in her comforter. He seems to be comfortable, and rolls over on his stomach as his Tail dips back and forth. She took it as an answer. "Your right. The Bedside table is a perfect place. I guess I can just move this lamp somewhere else." With that said she moved the lamp from the beside table and moved it to the floor, placing the music box in it's place. This seemed homier. Besides she wasn't much of a bed-side reader when it came to these sorts of things. However finally with the room the way she wanted it she too it all in. Her hands came to her hip as she smiled full of pride and joy, and finally turned back to her friend on the bed. "We'll, it's finally done! Welcome home Luci." She falls back on her bed next to her cat, who mews at the disturbance, and is gathered in a tight hug that he's probably used to by now.

"It looks nice in here." The voice came from the door, and she sat up to see Theodor looking around at all the posters on her walls, Then the pile of unpacked boxes in the corner. "The Recycling is down stairs in the room next to the kitchen by the way." She jotted that down to memory. Seeing as their was still much to the house she didn't know about, she wasn't sure if it was wise to wander. However the only place That seemed to be off-limits to her at this point was the third floor. There wasn't much said about it, other than Theodor's brother lived in the upstairs apartment. But to her knowledge she hadn't seen or heard him in the the two week span she had been sleeping in this room. Not to mention it was a bit strange to sleep in a room that was so deathly silent all the time. Other than the draft of wind that occasionally shook the old piping in the walls of the house. She could hear doors opening and closing down stairs when the T.v. was on. So it was Odd that she didn't even hear foot steps of the supposed relative.

Ed was about to speak, however words fell short when her eyes fell on the plastic grocery bag that oddly was quadruple bagged. "Uh...Oh I'm sure I'll find it later." She hummed out loud, making eye contact with him. After she responded he turned to head up the dark stairway to the third floor. She shook her head at the Idea that he was hiding something, that was silly. It was just a damn grocery bag.

But little did she know. Theodor had climbed the stairs taking a moment to adjust to the dim lighting. The upstairs part of the house had always been somewhat vacant so Theodor had decided they should remodel some parts of the house. Originally he had planned to make the extra storage place into a memoriam dedicate to the strange oddity's collected by their family, However that was until...Actually if he thought about it it hadn't happened all to long ago. When it had he almost didn't believe it. It was still a sore subject the two of them danced around constantly. But he was certainly to nice to Rush his brother into discussing the subject, however he was going to have to find a better way of smuggling blood bags from the hospital. "Resen." He knocked on the door, the wood echoed and Theodor felt a bit of a chill from the cold outside seeping through the nearby windows. "Are you awake I brought you-" He paused, realizing he probably shouldn't be advertising the Fact that his brother now had to consume blood in order to live so he said the next best thing. "Your Favorite Apples."

Resen looks up from the book in his hand. He can smell the blood even through the door. His fangs slide out and he puts a hand over his mouth as he tosses the book onto a pile of its brothers and sisters on the floor. "Come in, Theo," he mumbles through his hand. Second-rate blood, he thinks as the smell comes clearer through the open door. Blood that has been removed from its host, sterilized of warmth and humanity and packaged into little pieces of plastic, further tainting the taste. He shakes his head, trying to clear the invasive thought. At least Theo cared enough to bring him anything at all. But almost instantly, the second voice pops up again, the one oh so recently acquired along with a new set of fangs and a bad case of anemia. Does he really care though? Or does he keep you locked up out of some deranged sense to a family legacy that Resen never knew about and had become the hapless victim of. He shakes his head again, harder this time, messing up his usually neatly kept brown hair. "I'm sorry, brother," he mumbles again, not realizing has said anything at all. He grabs the tightly wrapped grocery bags and scrambles onto his bed, ripping into the artificial barrier before he has even properly landed among his sheets and pillows. If only his hands were digging into flesh and releasing a warm glut of blood instead. A single tear slips out of his eye as he sucks on a blood bag, terrified of his own intermittent thoughts of unwarranted violence.

After he is finished and the bed is littered with little empty plastic bags (seeming to Resen like the corpses of his helpless victims), he sighs and looks out the window. It had been six months since he had been allowed out of these rooms at the top of the house. The window was heavily curtained during the day, but now that the harmless night was upon them the window stood wide and open, letting in an ecstasy of breeze. Resentment bubbled up inside of Resen like rancid blood. He frowns. Once his life had been one of parties and holidays, fast cars and pretty girls. Resen was the youngest child of a wealthy and well-respected family and he had the duty to make the most of it. So he had spent his days spending his family's money and soaking up the attention a young and handsome heir to a fortune and a family name to match duly received. Was this some sort of punishment for being so flippant with his lot in life? This eternal entombment of both body and soul? He looks up at Theo, his light blue eyes shinier than they had any right to be. "Why?" he finally gives actualization to the word that has tormented both his waking thoughts and what passed for his dreams these days. "Why did she do this to me? I was actually doing things with my life. You were always the one that cared so much about family. Why weren't you cursed to stay in this damnable house night after night like some ghost never given the mercy of a release?" He slams his hand against the bed causing a huge pile of books and puzzles to topple to the floor in a pouf of dust. Resen sighs. What did it matter, he would have time to pick them up and alphabetize them again a hundred times over. Time was all he had these days.

Last edited:
As soon as Theo was given permission he let himself in. Vampires needed permission to enter certain domains, right? Was it the same for Humans too? Theodor wasn't sure. All this Vampire stuff was new to the both of them, and little by little they slowly were figuring out what worked and what didn't. One might ask if Theodor was even afraid by the implications of having a family member in the house that had to drink blood to survive, but it was not so. Resen was still his brother after all and nothing could stop Theo from loving him all the same. The two of them both had a fairly decent child hood together he thought at least. Due to their well respected family both of them had to live up to certain expectations, as overbearing as it was they both seemed to cope in their own ways. Resen Splurged, Theodor went to dedicate himself to an army, and Rosa-Well...She went missing when they needed her most. She was the eldest after all. She was supposed to be looking after them. That's how family worked right? Then again what kind of family was born from the legacy of Vampires? Which lead to their fathers death being an acquired mystery.

After shutting the Door he gave Resen the plastic bag wordlessly and watched how he devoured them all one by one. It was almost animalistic, and a bit Jarring to see his brother Drink...eat? something like he was starving. Six months was still going to take some getting used to. Never-the-less he sighed and turned away, covering his nose from the smell. It wasn't exactly his favorite smell in the world. Though when Resen started to speak it's when Theo became a little more at Ease. It wasn't often that they talked, and even when they did it was never normal anymore. Then again what was these days. "Why." He hummed in response, watching as Resen struggled with having to do this. Theodor couldn't imagine how he felt. He wouldn't even know what he would do of this happened to him. Still he walks forward, however the tips of his shoes lightly catches the stack of books thrown away from earlier. Now that he looked around it had been quiet some time since this place had been properly dusted. He reaches down, carefully picking up the books and tucked them under his arm to go place them back on the shelf. "I don't know why."

He still remembered that Day like it was yesterday. His Sisters jaw clenched around Resen's throat, as the light left his eyes. It was right after the Funeral, he had walked in on them. And than god he did because if he hadn't she may have ripped his throat out. He still couldn't get the smell out of his head. Still he didn't have an answer. "I'm sorry." It was all he could say. The whole thing was a mess. He stepped over to the book shelf and placed them back into their respective spaces, leaving the one he had been reading on the edge of Resens bed. "I know you probably think That I have it easy-" He paused. No not the right thing to say. He wasn't the one turned into a vampire after all. "I mean," He corrected, running a hand through his hair to push it back. "Look," He continues. " I know at first I might have been a bit...Pushy about you not coming out but I just, want to take care of you. I wanted to make sure you wouldn't hurt anyone in the town, you could get into a lot of trouble..." He sighs. Despite how awkward it was to speak about this their was a clear implication of worry in his tone. He really did care about his brother. "But I think you're doing good? You didn't eat me." He says, half jokingly hoping to get a bit of a rise out of him. But it was partly true, maybe because he was simply just making sure he wouldn't starve either. "And if this new room mate works out, and you can control yourself around her, then You have my full blessing to go back outside." A beat of silence passed. "Three of us are gone now you know. I don't want to lose you too."

Resen bows his head, chagrined. The fact that he hadn't even considered that his brother was trying his best to protect him, shamed Resen. His lips twitch into a half smile at his brother's jest, but just as quickly resume a sour look again. "I could, you know. Kill you that is. I wouldn't want to and I'd want to die myself afterwards, but you don't understand the darkness in my head sometimes. It's all-consuming and it is all I can do not to give into it gleefully. I say gleefully, because that is how it would be. It'd bring me joy to rip your throat out, but only because I was completely out of my mind." It was the most Resen had ever admitted to. It didn't exactly make him feel better to get his murderous tendencies off his chest, but he felt it needed to be said, just so his brother was more careful around him if nothing else. Maybe Theo looked at him and still saw a brother, and Resen had to make sure that Theo knew that Resen wasn't quite that anymore. Theo wasn't the only one that wanted to protect, Resen was surprised to find out.

Resen was glad for a change of subject. He had heard the noises downstairs for the last few days and had been aware of his brother's ad for a roommate even before that. He sits on the side of his bed and runs his hand through his thick brown hair and lets it fall in his face again. "You...you brought her here to see if I could control myself around her?" Resen frowns. It was something else he had underestimated Theo on. Perhaps there was much he had assumed about his brother that wasn't true. It wouldn't be the first time, Resen thinks. Resen seemed to have a knack when it came to believing the worst about people. "So, what's she like?" he asks, trying to sound casual about it. Truthfully, he wasn't sure he could promise not to hurt their new guest, but the thought of finally having someone new to talk to was too much for him to refuse. "Does she like to read?" He motions to his piles of books stacked all around the room, one of the very few distractions left to him and his ailing mind. Perhaps he could read her some of his favorite stories and then have riveting discussions about them. Hell, anything she wanted to talk about seemed just great to Resen right about now. Even if she was empty-headed and just liked to talk about clothes and boys, at least it would be a change of pace from the midnight thoughts that haunted him every hour.

Last edited:
All Theodor could be was a good listener for him and his Blood-dealer. If that could even be considered a thing. The Blackwoods prided themselves on having their shit together when they didn't, so it was only just recently that Theo decided as a family they should be more supportive of one another. No more lies and secrets. Open and Honest. It would be hard but Slowly Their relationship would get better in due time. Theodor was the middle child. He could either be completely invisible sometimes, not just to the family but even to the chairmen of the company he was taking care of. Perhaps he was just too nice, but he knew they thought he had no Idea what he was doing. Everything else would kill him except Resen that he knew for a fact. Even if was probably craving to Murder him at this very moment. Though he hoped he wouldn't. He really did hope so. He knew what it was like to lose yourself in something. However when Resen started asking questions about the room mate Theodor began to chuckle softly. Yes Ed was definitely and odd woman. He hadn't really seen another human being that was truly that colorful. "Not the Kind of Book's you like reading." He imagined She was more-so into fairy Tales and graphic novels, seeing as her room was now covered in Anime and Cartoon posters. He had never seen that stuff but honestly respected her passion.

"I think you should go down stairs and Meet her." Theo shifts his weight wo he's leaning more comfortably to his left, and slowly crosses his arms. Amber eyes look up in thought as his fingers stroke the hairs of his chin. "You Might just find yourself surprised." There was a sudden pause as he suddenly looked down at his watch, realizing he was now late for a meeting with the board. Being the New CEO of a company was quiet Tiresome. But it was just a small sacrifice for his brothers happiness he supposed. "Ugh, I have to go. I'll probably be back around the morning." He adjusted his posture to slide his hands in the pockets of his jacket and started towards the door. "Would you like me to bring you anything?" He couldn't imagine if Resen could even taste anything anymore, but the offer was still on the table.

Resen's eyes widen in surprise at his brother's suggestion to meet the new girl. Was Resen really ready for this first and important step? Before it was easy to focus on his lack, thinking that he'd give anything for a little company that was different than his reticent brother. But now that the idea was laid in front of him in full, he finds himself doubtful. Could he really trust himself around another human that wasn't family? He had told the truth to Theo when he confessed his dark desire for bloodletting, but Theo was someone that he had known his whole life. Memories of Theo teaching him to catch crawdads in the stream when they were kids, the love and adoration Resen felt when looking up to his older brother...these had never really gone away. Not when Resen's attention had wandered to partying and women as he had gotten older, and not when Resen was turned into something that wasn't even human anymore. Did such devotion keep the monstrous side at bay? Did someone that was without the privilege of a thousand nights of sibling worship make an easier target?

Resen swallows. "D...do you think I should go down alone? What if I can't control myself?" And suddenly Resen's mind is made up, just like that. "I can't do it without you, Theo. You have to be there in case...you know, in case something happens. Maybe you could, I don't know, pull me back or something." Resen didn't mean physically. Though Resen had spent years looking up to his brother's superior size and strength when he was still alive, it was something else that had been irrevocably changed on that night six months ago. He was now stronger and faster than his brother, than any human still alive. He hadn't shared that knowledge yet. For one he was a bit embarrassed by this change of events, and for another he was afraid if his brother knew the whole truth of his transformation, Resen wouldn't just find himself confined to a set of rooms, he'd find himself locked in a silver box. But physical strength wasn't the only way to hold someone back. If Theo was there maybe a word, a firm hand on Resen's shoulder could bring him back to himself. He had to hope it would be enough, otherwise all was truly lost to him. He slides from his bed and grabs his brother's arm. He knows that Theo has to go, but this was important. "Please. Just come down with me when you get back."

Theo really did feel bad they were using this Young girl as an experiment. But even if he told her the truth would she realize this was all for the sake of Resen learning to Tame the beast within? He knew Resen was practically more patient with women, Their mother was kind to him before she died to illness, which probably infused an appreciation for women in general. They were more empathic creature's, Theo didn't know why he believed a woman could do it. He just had a feeling. And Theo never doubted himself about it. But he could Understand why Resen would be scared of hurting someone. Theo on the other hand had been on call in another country for three years. In all that time he had been home once, and He had seen things people only saw in nightmares. To take one's life was never a feeling he could get over. And he didn't want Resen to feel that way either. He shouldn't have to. "Of course I can." He answer's, leaning forward, and running his hand through Resen's hair to push it out of his eyes. It was a simple gesture of Love, because Theo wasn't really the hugging type despite how outwardly affectionate he could be sometimes. "You should have more faith in yourself. I know your scared, But I know your better than anyone. Your tougher than you look."

His hand slid away for a moment, again he looked at his watch and grunted. He never liked being late for things but His brother was more important. "I do really have to go. I can't keep those old men waiting. Who know's maybe they'll have a heart attack." He again went to the door, holding on gently to the door knob before stepping into the Hallway. He smiles Kindly, albeit his eyes remain worried and sad. He know's he does his best but he wishes he could do more. "See you soon." With that he shuts the door. For was moment he closes his eyes and tilts his head back. He knew Resen could do this. His brother wasn't a monster. Even if Rosa tried to turn him into one. He has the sweetest blood. I just couldn't help my self dear brother. The words still resonated clearly in the back of his mind and he cringed at the thought. Had he lucked out somehow? And if it really was their father that shared the curse...Who else besides their family did?

"Hey-" Ed paused. The woman was laying on there bed playing a game on her hand held, laying back on colorful pillows. She really was a girly girl. It was almost a strange and stark comparison to their sister who was somewhat Gothic and preferred shades of red. Theo digressed. When She heard him speak she found him again standing in the door way with a cheerful look, the bag he was holding in his hands earlier was gone. "So I forgot to Buy Groceries." He starts, and Ed pauses her game to listen. "My Brother and I usually order take out since it's just the two of us. So uh." He reaches into his back pocket and begins thumbing through his wallet. "I'm not going to be home for a while so feel free to order a pizza. We don't have any specific brand names but the Marco's makes a fantastic Garlic bread." He pulls out Two twenties and waves then gently in the air.

Ed's eyes widen a little and suddenly becomes nervous. "Oh uhm! Are you sure I-I have money!" She didn't want to seem like she was taking advantage of this mans Kindness. The rent here was already so low and affordable. "I can-"

"It's not a problem." He smiles and sets the bills on her desk, as she rises to her feet. "By the way." He says as she takes the money and holds in both hands. "My Brother and I would like to have tea with you."

"Tea?" She tried to hold back a bit of laughter, as a grin rose into her cheeks. "How very posh and Noble of you good sir~"

He smiles in return, finding warmth in a bit of her humor. "Yes well, " He finds himself chuckling actually. It did seem a bit silly now that he said it. "He would like to meet you."

"Oh?" She finds herself curious, It was true she had not met the other man in the house yet. "Really? I mean we could just meet right now? I'm not busy or anything-"

"I'm afraid-" Theo stops her, trying to think of some excuse. A bead of sweat falls down his forehead as he clears his throat, stopping her in the door way. She seems to stare at him with wide eyes, waiting on an answer. "...Resen Is quiet Ill."

There was a pause between them, a second longer than he would of liked but finally, he watches as her eyes began to crease and well with emotion. "Oh No- I'm so sorry he's going to be okay right?"

He couldn't believe she believed him. "Oh yes, He's going to be fine. During the cold months most of us in Willows Peak are prone to getting the flu. Resen caught it Early this year. I went to go see him now, and he's feeling much better, but decided he was going to rest for a few hours. But when I get home we should have tea together."

"Of course. I don't want to Impose or anything. Also thank you for providing me with Uh-" She looks down at the money in her hand and a warm color spreads to her cheeks, as she looks back up at him. "Dinner-Lunch? Lunch Dinner."

"Of course. We'll I'm off. " And with that he he left down the stairs. Ed stood in the door way listening to his descending footsteps and the closing of the door, leaving only the sound of the grandfather clock ticking away downstairs. One could go mad in Silence like this. Still, She wondered. She turned to the bottom step of the third floor , looking up into the darkness as she felt the breeze sweep by and tickle her nose.

"I wonder what he's like."

Once Theo had left, Resen attempts to return to his book. The sounds and smells downstairs are irritably strong tonight. Of course Resen has been able to hear and smell their guest ever since she had moved in. Heightened sense seem to come along with the fast reflexes and superior strength. I'm turning into Spiderman, Resen thinks with a rueful chuckle. That is if Spidey senses also came with a taste for blood and murder. After the pizza arrived, the once appetizing scent mixed nauseatingly with the smell of her blood. Yes, he could smell it even up here. It was a sweet smell, the way apple pie had smelled to him what now seemed like a lifetime ago. He puts the book aside and starts pacing the room in frustration. His footsteps never make a sound now, he was as lightfooted as a faded apparition. He goes to his open window, the only bit of outside that he was deemed safe for at this moment. He lets the cool breeze wash over him and tries to get his mind off of the girl's blood by thinking about...Theo's blood. It had a strong scent, and an even stronger flavor, that Resen could only imagine. No! No! He wasn't going down that thought hallway tonight. It was dark and haunted at the corners.

So it was more of an impulse driven from a need to get away from his own mind that Resen found himself opening the door just a crack. "Are you there?" he calls downstairs. "If you are, just stay there. It isn't safe to come any closer, but..." He runs a hand that would be sweaty if he could still sweat, through his hair. "...if you are there, maybe you could say something. From down there, of course." He almost immediately wants to close the door. This is completely ridiculous, he needs to wait for Theo to come back, he's really pushing it...a thousand reasons he should shut the door and bar it from her comes to his mind. And only one reason to keep it open. An almost overwhelming need for a human companionship. The one thing, a connection, that without all else seems vain and empty.

She ordered a Large Pizza. Not that she was going to eat it all but perhaps when Theo came home he'd be hungry, and the Mysterious brother for that matter. She ate it down stairs in the kitchen alone, listening again to the sounds of the grandfather clock ticking away. Lucifer was off somewhere taking a nap. Ed tried to eat her Pizza with one hand and battle monsters on her phone with the other. To say the least it didn't work out so much and she got tomato sauce on her shirt. More time was spent drinking down half a litter of Cola, and still she hadn't noticed how much time had past until she set her phone down and realized the sun was beginning to set outside. A gentle purple haze sat on the horizon framed by the tree's who's leaves had already fallen. It was when the breeze came in through the Sheers that she decided to close the window. Thinking out loud, she said, "Hm. Theodor must have forgotten to shut it earlier." Now that she was done eating she needed something to do of course.

She didn't think anyone would mind if she explored the down stairs area right? This house must have had at least 20 rooms. She was familiar with the kitchen and the dinning room already. They weren't a connected space but she could imagine that these chairs were filled with incredibly rich and sassy people one day. The living room she had seen too. It was accompanied with an elegant fire place, underneath a flat screen Tv bigger than the windows. She would have to Ask Theo how he'd feel about hooking up some games to the television. This room looked spotless, like it have never been used in the first place. She entered the Hall, This she had seen before, full of pictures that went back into paintings of ugly old ladies. The front of the hall had a coat rack and a few potted plants Ed suspected were fake. However what was most noticeable about the left wall was that there was perfect large square of faded wallpaper. It was like a painting or a mirror used to be in it's place but was now taken down.

It was weird but she paid it no mind. Maybe it got broken. She wasn't one to Judge. Following the hall she was met with what looked like a parlor room. It was full of...China and Porcelain dolls. Seemed strange for two grown men to collect dolls so maybe this was decorated by someone who used to live here. The dolls were definitely creepy so she shut the door on them immediately. The next room was Large than she anticipated. It must have taken up this entire Side of the house because it was huge. The fire place here was even bigger, It seemed like someone would have to use a bulldozer just to carry wood in here. The room was dirty. Full of leaves, torn curtains, faded rugs, and even the marble pillars seemed aged. The only thing in this room that seemed remotely taken care of was the grand piano covered in a sheet. If she had to guess, This had to have been a room for throwing parties. How...Haunting. Suddenly without warning the wind flew open the large windows and caused them to creek open violently. She jumped, but relaxed when she just realized the wind had broken them open. She sighed in relief, walking over to the large glass doors and shutting them gently. "That explains the leaves." She murdered, stepping to the other side of the room, and running her hand gently along the wall. This room was rich with history, she could feel the laughter and joy in the walls of people who once danced here.

Ed found herself humming, Unaware that the guest upstairs was making his way down to meet her. She casually strode to the Piano and sat down on the bend. She was careful not to move to much as it seemed a bit wobbly. "Hmm- Let's see-" She blew away the dust from the lid, as it opened with a creak. The keys were stained yellow, but even when her fingers brushed the Key's she could still feel it was taken care of. She giggled when she pressed the C key. It almost felt wrong to be touching it but Theo wasn't here, and His brother was still upstairs. So she thought. She chimed gently as her fingers rolled against the Keys. "Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do!" C D E F G A B. A nervous laugh escaped her. She wondered how much she could remember. C C G G A A C- "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." She held the last note for a moment, before fingering the C and D Key in quick succession. "Nah to Easy, How about...." She repositioned her hands again, so both of her thumbs were resting on middle C, though only her left hand began to move. C C E E A A No that wasn't right, Heart and Soul Defiantly was more fluid and happy than that. She Tried again this time putting a bit more into her fingers. C- C E- E A- A D- D F- F 'G- G She repeated those notes a few time's until she was confident enough to bring in the right hand to play along side it. C- C C--- C B-- A B-- C D--- She started to hum gently along with the notes. She wasn't good at piano but she did know the basic's She always wished she learned a bit more but was happy to at least have the knowledge to play a few notes.

When no answer came from downstairs, Resen had every intention of just closing the door and going back to his book. Just turn in for the night and escape his dark thoughts of late by losing himself in a different world in between those pages. He really did have good intentions. But then the smell drifted back to him and before he knew it, he was easing his door all the way open for the first time since Theo had admonished him all those months ago. He slowly makes his way down the stairs, following his nose like some silly cartoon mouse following the scent of a cheese. Except this was deadly serious. His pale hand slides over ornate wallpaper as he glides down the hallway. At this point almost all reasoning is gone from Resen's mind. If he could see himself right now, he'd scream or sob, or perhaps both. There is no humanity left in his glowing eyes, and his fangs are protruding from his lips. He passes through rooms and halls familiar and beloved to him as a boy, but unseen by him right now.

He finally reaches the ballroom and stands in the archway, one hand on polished wood, the other hanging limply by his side. He looks faded and ghostly in the moonlight that streams in through the huge glass windows. If she was to turn right then...but she doesn't. And it is the piano that saves her. That melody...suddenly Resen is struck by a dusty memory of him sitting at the piano as his mother shows him the keys as she plays lead part. It is enough. No longer is it a monster standing in the shadows salivating at the delicate blue vein underneath the thin flesh of the girl's neck. The eyes lose their luminosity and the fangs retreat. It is just a young man, looking too tired and haggard for his years, but no more.

Her hands continued to thumb the same notes, Over and Over again the same chords. It wasn't much but it brought her incredible joy. It had been a few year's since she had touched any musical instrument, and she couldn't help but get lost in the sound of the old piano keys striking each string like it's very purpose. But then it ended, almost abruptly when she felt a sudden chill creep up her spine. Perhaps it was the atmosphere of a large empty room surrounding her with nothing but the Moonlight sweeping over her. She swore some one was watching her some where, It could have been the walls, or perhaps the large painting collecting dust near the fire place, but it was...something else. Slowly however she turned, and her eyes caught his. They were blue, like the ocean on a bright sunny day. His skin was soft and pale, ghostly, and with brown hair that resembled the soft swing of branch's like a willow tree. She couldn't explain why such vivid imagery came to her, or why she didn't say anything, but it suddenly came to her, that Maybe....She shouldn't be here. And she screamed. "AH!" Her entire body fell into the Keys of the Piano in her sudden shock, hitting all of the heavy Keys. She turned wide eyed to the Piano and screamed again realizing that she fell into a rather beautiful and expensive instrument. "AH!" She started to sweat, and panic filled her cheeks with a deep red color as she closed the lid, this time a bit more gently.

Then she moved, standing up straight and tall in front of the Strange, worried she may have upset him. "S-Sorry! It doesn't belong to me, I shouldn't have touched it, I just uhm- " Air formed into her cheeks as she tilted her head, eyes gazing at the suddenly very interesting floor a moment, before turning back to him again. She throw's her hands up in defense, or surrender she wasn't sure. "You Must be-" She paused, Oh God. You dumb ass. Theodor told you his name like two days ago. No two hours ago! And you can't remember? Eden you're so stupid! She clears her Throat. "...Theodor's Brother." Nice Save.

Resen's face breaks into an involuntary and completely genuine grin. So this here before him was the mystery girl. And quite a mystery indeed. She was nothing at all like the women he used to date when he was still human. Those were tall and sophisticated, with the expensive clothes and hair to match. This girl in contrast was well...unique. She seemed to be the type that didn't much care what others thought of her, realizing that her own opinion was in the end, the only one that really mattered.

Resen reaches out to take one defensively raised hand in his with care and caution. He gently shakes it. "Hi, I'm Resen Blackwood, and I am indeed Theo's brother." He can't stop grinning for some reason. Thank God his fangs are neatly tucked away where she can't see. He lets her hand go reluctantly. He didn't want to admit to himself, but he had felt a bit of a spark when he took her hand. That had never happened to him before. Sure he enjoyed the dates and parties he attended with the beautiful women who fawned over him, but that was all superficial, just surface stuff. This...well maybe this was different. Maybe this was like how it was in his books that he liked to read. Maybe. He'd have to wait and see. He motions to the piano. "My mother used to play before she died. She was very good. She tried to teach me, but I never had the patience to become any good at it. I'm glad you played it. I don't think there is anything sadder than a silent piano."

Resen. That's right. His name was Resen. She couldn't help but feel her heart leap in her throat when he took her hand so, slowly like that. It was just a simple gesture but one she hadn't been very accustomed to in her life. She swallowed down the knot in her throat to answer, because it was the polite thing to do after all. "It's nice to meet you." She responds, her hands returning to her sides after he stepped towards the Piano. "I'm Eden Faust. But everyone I know just calls me Ed." She reaches up to nervously scratch her temple with the tips of her fingers. It wasn't like this when she met Theo. This man had a much stronger presence, His kindness and his dialect was much more defining than the other one. His posture and the way he spoke was very Aristocrat, Unlike Theo who seemed, well tired. "Oh- Really?" Her hands rose up to her chest, finding her self fingering the collar of her shirt when he spoke about the passing of his mother. She had assumed something happened to the family linage if it was only Theodor and Resen here by themselves. It was kind of Sad the way he spoke about her, he must have missed her dearly. "I'm sorry for you loss." It was the polite thing to say in this circumstance. At least she thought so despite how empty those words could be. She wished their was another way to express ones condolence's when they spoke of loss but their wasn't.

"I'm actually not very good at it either." She starts looking away with a bit of a guilty smile. "I only took two years of Piano in my High school career because I needed an elective, so now I know how to decently play Very easy songs." She paused suddenly, realizing she had begun to ramble about it. "Er, I mean, Thank you-Or, your welcome for playing it-" She was blowing this first meeting. He was going to think she was a complete Moron.

Resen smiles at her. "That's quite the name you have there. Let's see, named after a garden of paradise and a man who traded his soul for knowledge. That's a lot to live up to." He sits down at the piano and runs his fingers lovingly over it. He doesn't play though, he wouldn't sully his mother's instrument with his clumsy hands. He was immensely curious of Ed and wanted to ask her all sorts of things. Like why was her hair dyed such wild colors, or why was she wearing a cloak like a witch out of a story. Or maybe he could ask her what public school had been like since he had only gone to prestigious private schools. Oh and Theo had mentioned anime posters...so much to learn. He doesn't ask any of it though, at least not yet. "So how do you like it here?" he asks her. He wonders if she finds it tedious and dull. There wasn't much to do in this house now that everyone but he and Theo was gone. And Theo worked all the time, and Resen, well Resen knew his own lot well. The town wasn't much to speak of either. Once their father had thrown lavish parties and galas that even famous celebrities would sometimes attend, but all of that ended when he died. Now there was just the peeling wallpaper and the ghosts both living and dead. He mentions this to her, perhaps to let her know it hadn't always been so dismal. "This room used to be so beautiful all lit up with people dancing all around. Everyone glittered in their fancy clothes and the chandeliers would throw up these pretty patterns like snowflakes for the winter. I'd think you might have liked it. I mean girls usually like things like that, right?" He blushes a little realizing that he is admitting that he doesn't know a whole lot about the inner workings of the fairer sex.

Last edited:
She became a bit surprised when he regarded her name. Eden Faust. It was her birth name, she hadn't known why she kept the last name even after she was adopted, but she supposed it was sentimental due to the fact it was a small piece of her birth parent's she had left. She felt a blush creep onto her cheeks feeling some what flattered He could even recall it's origins. When he started describing the room she became a bit distracted, looking out onto the dance floor, and pictured people of all shapes and size's dancing to a soft orchestra, with dim lights maybe while it was raining, and a harsh strike of lighting lit up the walls and stained their shadows into the paper. But despite the harsh storm outside the band, nor the dancers were discouraged from their movement on the floor. Lost in the atmosphere. It was somewhat romantic to think about. "Hmm?" She crossed her arms, leaning on her side as she tap's the corner of her lips. "I see your point. But I've known plenty of girls that barf just thinking about the color pink." She waved her hands back and forth and started to laugh as she crossed her eyes.

She found herself suddenly comfortable despite how strong the air was. So Slowly but surely she sat on the Bench next to him, her back to the Keys as she crossed a leg over the other, her hands finding home to her right Knee as she forced her spine to bend straight up. "But yeah...I like it here." Her foot bounded gently back and forth. "I've never seen a house this big except maybe in movies, or described in books. "She never lived poor, someone was always there to take care of her of course, but this was a whole new other level of living. "Though I feel like it must get pretty Lonely living in a house this big with no one else around. No noise. No friends. Well...I guess you have your brother too so maybe it's not all that bad for you. Honestly..." She begins, closing her eyes, and when they open they shimmer with the joy of a star, "This place is Kind of magical! The building it's self must be a little less than a hundred years old? I see it's gotten some renovations but you literally live in a piece of history."

Resen has an idea, but he files it away for later development. He'd have to ask Theo for some help too, but maybe, just maybe they could get this room looking like it did a few years ago. Resen wonders if Ed's eyes would light up to see the ballroom restored to its former glory, maybe with some music playing. They could dress up too. Resen liked dressing up, but there hadn't been any opportunities for it lately since he just stayed in his room all the time. But all that was for later. Right now he laughs a little, the sound feeling strange in his throat. Had he even laughed since he had been turned? He thinks not. "What's wrong with the color pink, pray tell? I mean I wouldn't want it slathered all over everyone and everything, but it has its place."

When she sits next to him though, he inches away instinctively. Too close, her smell was overwhelming and he could feel the heat of her body like it was a furnace. For the first time since he began talking to her, the other voice speaks up. Oh so lovely. What a lovely, lovely neck. It's so delicate and frail, it would snap like a twig under your fingers. And then the blood would come out. Resen stands up in a rush and quickly walks a pace away. Far enough that the blood smell wasn't as maddening. He's paler than normal, and his hands shake a little. Little by little, he gets himself back under control. When he next answers her question, his voice falters a bit and he has to clear his throat before he can go on. "Ah...yes...the house. It could be even older than that. I never cared enough about its history to ask my parents when they were still alive. I kind of regret that now. Of course there is a great many things I regret. But perhaps Theo would know more. You could ask him. He's always cared about the family legacy and all its trappings." By the time he is done speaking he feels a bit better. He can only hope that Ed doesn't think he finds her disagreeable by leaving her company so quickly, but really there was nothing else to do. Better to be thought of as a insufferable snob than have her spine, glistening and red, resting in his hands.

Her eyes widen a bit when he suddenly reacts. He had moved so fast she didn't quiet realized he was about 5 feet away from her until she started taking in his apparence. His hands shook, he looked paler. Even his voice had seemed to lose an edge in confidence that she had been previously admiring. Could it be...OH! Of course. "Are-" She stands carefully, she takes one step forward watching as he tries to adjust himself. She wonders a moment if perhaps he's dizzy- no nauseous more like it. It would make perfect sense considering what Theodor mentioned earlier. "-you okay?" She finally finishes. "I know Theo said you were sick but I didn't think it was that bad. We should get you upstairs and back in bed. I'm sorry If I disturbed you earlier playing the piano. I can even bring you some Tea. It's really good to stay hydrated when you have the flu." Ed had a natural Maternal instinct to take care of others, even if they were perfect stranger's Like Resen. Accompanied with her unshakeable passion to be a doctor she couldn't help but play the roll.

Resen gives her a smile. It's weaker than the ones before, but it is a smile none the less and one that he means. "I think I am about at my limit tonight. Your offer is very kind, but if you don't mind, I will see myself off to bed." So illness was the lie that Theo told on his behalf. Resen supposed it was true in an ironic kind of way. He covers his mouth and feigns a cough. "I wouldn't want you to catch it." He turns to go, but before he does he says, "I'm glad you are here. You are the first good thing to happen to this old house for quite awhile."

After he makes it back to his room he sits in his bed and just imagines what it felt like to take her hand for awhile. He has a stupid grin on his face the whole time and even more amazingly, he doesn't care. Even when she sat next to him, for just a brief second before it all had to go wrong on him, it had been magical. "Magical"...it hadn't been a word he had ever used in relation to a girl before. Sure it got used in books all the time, but Resen always thought it was over exaggeration, that no one really felt magical around a certain person. Attracted, sure...thinking how to get that person into bed...yeah, that had happened before, but magical? If you had asked Resen before tonight if such a thing was possible, he'd have scoffed in your face. Such a thing had not happened to him in his whole twenty-five years, so it had to be a myth, right? But maybe, maybe it just hadn't been the right time yet, or more importantly, the right person.

Ed finds her self a bit silenced by his politeness. It was like something out of a story. "Oh, If you insist." She didn't want to be a bother anyway, if he wished to go alone who was she to stop him. However his last words seem to bring her to the tips of her toes, a spirnkle of emotion ignites in her chest and she feels...at home. It had only been a week or two but she could confidently say that the amount of Effort these two men put into her stay here was rather unprecident. But before she could think to respond he was already gone, the sound of his ascending foot steps leaving her speechless if not breathless. He was almost other worldly. She had to admit it was kind of handsome. But before she could dwell anymore upon those thoughts she turned back to the piano and closed the lid, without so much as a sound, and gently ran her hand's over the wood in return. "Beautiful." She mumbles, think of the Woman's who's hands last touched these keys. She wondered if she was a wonderful as she pictured in her head.

She couldn't help but imagine a heavenly soft woman when she thought of the word mother.

Still, It was night now, And she went to clean up her mess and change for bed. Theodor came home some hours later a bit tired and cranky from having to be scolded by a bunch of old men in collared suits. Still he started shucking off his coat as soon as he walked in the door. Hr smiled gently as he passed Lucifer on the banaster of the third step, and continued to round the stair well until he came upon Eden's room. It was a small peak inside, seeing her comfortably bundled up in her blankets. As he was about to leave he suddenly froze to her shuffling and watched as she sat up making eye contact with him. "Oh...Sorry." He whispered, his eyes turning towards the ceiling as he let out a sigh, realizing he didn't have to whisper. "I thought you were asleep."

"Checking to see if I was still alive?" That- was exactly what he was doing. Not that he didn't trust Resen, however, He was still unsure just how strong his Brothers blood lust was. She laughs, waving her hand. "Don't worry. Still have a pulse. "

"I'm sorry I couldn't home earlier." Theodor says suddenly, standing a bit straighter. "I did really want to have tea with the two of you."

"Oh! Thats okay, I mean we already met and became awquinted but im still down for Tea tomorrow when I get home from my classes. " Their was a pause, she stared at him he stared at her but it was starting to ge awkward. "...What'd I Say?"

"N-Nothing! Nothing I just didn't expect him to get up. Flu and All." He shrugs it off like it's no big deal but she can tell he's more surprised than he should be. Perhaps it was tired nerves. She didn't question it. "Well, Tea tomorrow." Ed nodded at his request, wrapping herself back up in her burrito blanket as he closes the door.

Theo couldn't wait. He wouldn't admit he was running up the stairs but he was. Resens door Flew open and his Brother came flying in, dropping himself at the mans feet with stars in his eyes. It was one of the few times he actually scooped Resen in his arms and gave him a hug tighter than Hercules. "Resen! I'm so proud of you!" Amd just as abrupt as the hug he pulls away, grinning wide. "Tell me everything, what did you guys do!?" He was worse than a teenage girl when he was like this.

Resen had been putting together a 5000 piece puzzle on his floor when Theo ran in and scooped him up. "Careful of the pieces, bro!" Resen exclaims, knowing his brother didn't have the ability to stop and turn on a dime like he did. "Haven't you ever heard of knocking? You might want to learn the concept if you don't want to walk in on something you'd regret." But Resen is laughing anyway. After Theo lets him go, Resen smooths out his rumpled shirt and answers, more grave than he was a moment ago. "It's not something I intended, believe me. In fact, when you hear the truth you might think a bit less of me, brother." Resen frowns. "I was just feeling so lonely after you left, so I called down to her, but I keep forgetting how dull human hearing is. She couldn't hear me since she was wandering around the house. So I meant to just close the door and go back and wait for you to come home like we had planned, but then...something happened. I don't even know what it was or how, but suddenly I found myself down in the ballroom, just staring at her. I had completely lost it, Theo!" A sob wrenches out of him at this admission. "It was only when I heard her playing "Heart and Soul" that I was able to come back to myself. It made me think of Mother and it was enough to remind me who I was."

Resen starts pacing the length of his room, trying to relieve the emotions that are tearing at his insides. "I...I was okay after that. We talked for a bit. I was even thinking that maybe we could clean up the ballroom and oh I don't know...maybe hire a band or something. We could have a dance, just for us. I think Ed would like that." His eyes get a bit dreamy thinking about it, but then he is pulled back inexorably to the present. "But then she sat down next to me, and...I couldn't take it anymore. I had to leave. It was awful. I mean how can I be among people if I can't even be less than five feet away from them at all times? I'm such a failure, brother." His face falls into a look of despair.

"Ed plays piano?" He found that to be, the most intriguing thing to come out of this reveal. But after a moment he released Resen and allowed him to return back to his seated position at the floor. It was still exciting none-the less to hear he went down stairs all by himself. "Resen I'm so proud of you." He says, now seated next to him and ogling a puzzle piece that seemed to have drifted away from the other's. "Still your breaking away from these..uh murderous thoughts. I think the more time you spend with her you'll figure out how to be a better human even like this. Soon I think you'll feel more like yourself." After a moment of Looking he finally spotted the missing piece at the end and placed it down with the other's in it's assembly. "It has been about 15 years since we had a party in the estate. You know how much Joy mother took out of planning those events." He smiled fondly at the memories of their family being dressed up and watching as the guests filled the halls and laugh. It was the few times he could remember all of them being happy with one another. Even There sister, who isolated herself from the rest of them at the time. Then after their Mother's death it seems like that's when the parties stopped. "It seems like her funeral was the last time we used that room."

Resen looks at his brother quizzically. Why was he so interested in the fact that Ed could play a little bit of piano? She was hardly the only person with that ability. And once again his brother's insufferable optimism needled him. Theo seemed so sure that Resen would be able to control himself no matter what. But then Theo didn't know what it felt like to be inside Resen's head. Maybe Theo didn't fully understand how absolutely frightening those breaks from reality could be. His ears perk up at Theo's agreement about the ballroom though. "Yes! We could all clean it up together, Ed too. But I think the actual ball should be kept a surprise. It will be like something out of The Secret Garden." Resen loved that book and of late it had felt more than a passing semblance to the character of Collin, the sickly child locked away and kept secret from the world until Mary found him. Suddenly Resen starts to feel very tired. A kind of inexorable fatigue that caught you in it and dragged you down like quicksand. He looks at the window and notices the first and faintest light to the horizon, easily missed by human eyes, but to him looking like a doom drum sounds. In a few minutes he would be practically dead to the world. Pale, no breath, no pulse, no way to wake himself even if the house was on fire. It was a vampire's most vulnerable time. He slowly climbs into bed and pulls the covers to his chest. "We should have tea with Ed as soon as you can find some time off of work..." he mumbles as his voice gets weaker and weaker. "Have to go to sleep now, brother. Don't mind me..." And with that it is literally lights out for Resen. He lies very still in his bed, looking for all the world like a corpse in a coffin.

"Of course we will brother. " Theodor lifted his head back, as Resen fell next to him, completely sound to sleep. In only a matter of seconds the lights were out as the sun began to rise on the horision signifying the breaking of daylight. It was almost like yesterday that Resen was only the size of a sack of potatoes that he could carry in his arms. They were only Nine years apart, but sometimws it always felt like more for some reason. Things were never simple in this family.

Ed However hadn't seen Resen for three days. She assumed it was due to his Flu, But she couldn't help but think about there first meeting. She wondered if there was more to it than just him being sick. Had she come on to strong? It happened to her occassionaly. It wasn't anything knew for people to become uncomfortable with her boisterous personality. Still. She couldn't help but find him peculiar. If not a little sad. Not that she was a person to feel pity, but more thab not empathy. He just seemed so tired and exhausted.

Whatever it may be, the curiose thoughts seemed to fill every waking moment she should have been studying or doing other thinga. College was no joke, and trying to remember the names of every bone in the human body by friday was becoming a bit tedious and tiring. Really, she needed a break. Thankfully however, it would come in due time. Entering the Manor she shut the door behind her. Lucifer was laying on the carpet near the door, and mewed when she entered. "Good evening Luci." She smiles, reaching down to run her hand over the cats head as she followed the light into the living room. The fire place was lit, casting an orange glow onto the walls and the curtains that gently covered the dusk horizion. To her suprise...Theodor and Resen were sitting in the arm chairs from either side the table. In the center was a very decoritive Tea set with deserts surrounding the plating area's. It was...

"A Tea Party." She drops her back pack onti the floor and starts giggling. "Wow you were serious." She grins, skipping into the living room and plopping down on the Sofa across from them. She archers her back straight, and folds her hands in her lap to seem more proper. "Isn't this an adorable arrangement."

"Theodor's cheeks seem to warm at the compliment. "Thank you. Anyway...I thought it was time for all of us to sit down and chat like..." He pauses, pressing a curved pinky to the side of his cheek as he sits back and crossed his leg. "A family."

"Family huh?" Eden smiled warmly. "I like that.I guess we are kind of like a family if were all living together now." Finally she turns to reason, her eyes bright with concern. "Are you feeling better? Your face has a bit more color than the last time I saw you?"

Resen looks at their Mother's tea set on the table and smiles wistfully. It is of fine china delicately painted with roses and gilded along the edges. The tea pot sits steaming and smells...well not bad, which is just great considering that most foodstuffs have a pretty nauseous odor for Resen now. Perhaps he could even have a cup. He'd have to drink it slowly so not to upset his changed digestive system, but...he could manage. The silver plates set out with little sandwiches and cakes though, he'd of course have to pass on. Leave those morsels to the humans who could enjoy them. He pours Ed a cup and hands it to her with a smile. "Do you take cream or sugar in your tea?" he asks her. He is dressed nicely for this event, in pressed slacks and jacket, but he doesn't wear a tie or scarf, those would be for a fancier event. He takes a small sip of his own tea and lets its heat settle in stomach. It doesn't taste as great as he remembers, he use to really love tea as a human, but it doesn't cause any sort of dramatic gastronomic response in him either.

"How is school going?" he asks Ed as a way to make conversation. He can hear her studying long into the night and Resen hopes she isn't pushing herself too hard. The mind needed rest just as much as the body, or it could burn out. Resen doesn't want Ed to feel so overwhelmed that she gives up before finishing school. He'd offer his expertise, but the truth was he didn't know anything about medicine. Resen had gone to college, but it was to get a degree that didn't mean much and that Resen didn't really care about. He had spent most of his time partying and had only squeaked through a graduation with a few adjustments to his grades at his Father's request. So while he was officially a college graduate, he hadn't really learned anything. It had only been lately, trapped up in his room with little to do that he felt any sort of regret that he had not taken his studies more seriously. At the time he had thought it a waste a time since he didn't plan on working at all, just living off of his family's ample wealth. He hadn't realized that education had worth to it beyond just how much money a degree could get you. So he really admires Ed for taking this stage of her life so seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back