• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Light&Heavy - Deep Breath

soft glamour.

brand name.
okay maybe this one.jpg
name;; Kim Seong-MIn
stage name;; C.I (chasing innocence, i might change this lolol)
age;; 21
height;; 6'0" (182 cm)
role;; vocalist, dancer
concept;; innocence
personality;; bubbly, bright and happy. he does have days where he is more calm, those days aren't rare but they don't come around every other day. he believes himself to be heroic, but he has little bravery in dangerous/scary times.
trivia;;
- seongmin goes by the min most times, especially with close friends and people he likes
- seongmin cannot cook at all. it's not that he's bad at cooking, its just that he starts it and then gets bored and might forget to finish, or that he gets distracted by something and then forgets about the meal he was preparing. because of this, he generally eats out or makes himself cup ramen because both are cheap and easy.
- more to be added

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

FF66019E-DC50-4368-BDA9-B99F6EDC68C8.png
Name: Park Jae-Hwa
Stage name: DM (Desire Manifest)
Height: 6ft2in
Role: Rapper
Concept: Seduction
Personality: Ambitious and goal oriented. Jae-Hwa is a borderline workaholic. Being that he is slight perfectionist means that he works even harder to ensure he his efforts put out the best product possible. He can be a bit distant, brooding, and sometimes even harsh towards others. Once he gets to know someone he can be protectiveness and even a little possessive. Jae-Hwa also has an innate charm that he can turn off or on at the drop of a hat.
Other:
  • Jae-Hwa spends a lot of time in the gym, but hasn’t built much muscle mass yet.
  • He is very stylish and often shops online when he has down time.
  • Rarely smiles due to always being in a work mindset.
  • More TBA.

Park Jae-Hwa
DM
No one knew, but Jae-Hwa had been counting the days to the the meeting. Becoming a music artist was his biggest goal in life and in order to achieve it he needed to first meet the person that he would be partnering with. He hadn’t been told much aside from the person would be covering the vocals for their group. While he wasn’t initially excited to meet the other artist he slowly grew more and more interested in who the other person was. They’d be spending so much time together after all.

When the fated day finally arrived Jae-Hwa was actually sick and had to wear a mask to the meeting. The room where the meeting was set to happen was unfortunately cold with the AC pumping to keep the room from getting any warmer. Because of that he had to keep his coat draped over his shoulders and his gloves on. At the small rectangular table he sat in one of the seats, relaxing into the red cushion and against the back of the chair.

In front of him there lay a folder with a collection of photos; his portfolio if you would. Because he was sick and his face would be hidden he wanted something to show his would-be partner. The seats at the heads of the table were filled by the group’s managers to-be.

“I look forward to working with you. Let’s do a good job.” The lack of inflection in his tone coupled with Jae-Hwa’s face being hidden gave him an air of professionalism as he didn’t seem to show any emotion. He reached across the table, hand open with his palm turned down, waiting to shake his partners hand. “I’m Park Jae-Hwa.” He finally introduced.

Seongmin had been so dearly excited for this day. He'd been waiting his entire life for an opportunity like this! After all, he hadn't trained for nothing. If he had, he would- he would-- Seongmin couldn't think of anything he would've done. Thats besides the point, Seongmin has been training for the days he'd be put into a group and finally his debut. The day had come to meet his group mates, he hadn't been told how many there would be yet, things like that were still subject to change at this stage of a group. He didn't care how many people there were, he just wanted to sing and be friends-- it sounds lame, but it was truly all he desired. Seongmin already knew he would be a vocalist, he couldn't rap at all. He assumed the person he would be meeting would either be the leader, another vocalist, or a rapper, he would be happy with any of them.

Seongmin had arrived at the conference room earlier than he would've had it been something else; not saying he would've arrived late for something else, he just wouldn't have arrived 20 minutes early. He had waiting 20 agonizing minutes in that freezing room with someone with their mask on, he hadn't a clue who they might've been, but Seongmin didn't pay too much mind on that thought. All he could do was daydream of what kind of group they'd be, how many fans they'd have, all the chances he'd get to perform. Oh, just the thought of being on stage made Seongmin dizzy with glee!

The managers started arriving five minutes before the meeting was set to start, sitting down and chattering amongst themselves. Seongmin greeted a few of them, shaking their hand and making nice small talk. Seongmin had shed his coat when people started coming in, the large overcoat just didn't seem to fit in at this type of meeting. It rested on the back of the red cushioned seats, almost begging Seongmin to put it back on. He could practically hear its pleas:

"Aren't you cold Seongmin? Please, it'll be just for a little while!"

Seongmin shook the thought from his head, turning to the masked man sitting next to him. He glanced down at his hand before eagerly taking it in his own and giving it a firm shake. A large smile graced his face as he opened his mouth to speak.

"I look forward to working with you as well! I know we'll do amazing!" Seongmin spoke brightly, his voice filled to the brim with clearly heard excitement. It was much different to the professional and emotionless state his band mate was in, but Seongmin didn't mind, he was probably just putting on a show for the managers. Once he had pulled his hand back, he glanced down at the folder in front of his band mate. "What's in there, if you don't mind me asking? Also! I'm Kim Seongmin, you can call me Min though," Seongmin grinned even wider, placing his hands underneath his chin and his elbows on the table.

Seongmin was certainly excited to work with this mystery man, hopefully it wouldn't be too much of a struggle to get accustomed to each other.

Park Jae-Hwa
DM
Even though he had been there before the managers arrived, things seemed to kick off rather quickly once the men in the suits showed up. They were discussing things with one another back and forth and passing around documents. The other member of the group seemed so...happy. Jae-Hwa wasn’t sure if it was pleasant or annoying to see someone being so cheery and energetic. Personally he didn't try to interact with the managers. They weren’t there to be his friends and it wasn’t likely that they would be in the future. When his partner had finally shook his hand, Jae-Hwa took the chance to look the other man over.

His dark-grey eyes ran up and down Seongmin’s form and committed his appearance to memory. Even now the man was being very bright and excited. The manner in which he behave could only be compared to...a kid on Christmas. Jae-Hwa sighed and sat back in his seat as he opened the folder to reveal the contents. A dozen or so professional photographs of Jae-Hwa, from modeling photos to headshots.

“My portfolio.” He pressed his index finger against the top photo and then slid it off the stack, fanning out the entire portfolio for all too see. Most of the headshot were simple, but the modeling photos had a level of allure usually only seen on the faces of female models. The high-end fashion he wore only added to the appeal of the images. “I rap, but this was to let you see my face.” The outfit that he wore to the meeting wasn’t too different from what he wore in the photos. A silver button-down shirt untucked, a pair of black leather pants, accented by some sharp black shoes. His dark-red overcoat tied it all together.

Judging by the other’s appearance, voice, and personality Seongmin wasn’t likely to be a rapper like he was. Jae-Hwa had a pretty strong guess were the energetic man’s talents lied. “You’re our singer, correct? Vocalist?” He laid his arms down on the armrests of the chair and directed his cold stare to Seongmin.

Seongmin stared at the pictures on the table, tentatively reaching out to pick one up and look at it. He carefully leafed through the shiny pictures, careful not to crease or bend any of them. They were such beautifully taken pictures, he looked like a proper model. If he hadn't known, Seongmin probably would've thought that they were pictures of an actual model. He set the photos back down and slid them over to the masked man before chuckling and reaching back to fiddle with the hairs at the nape of his neck.

"I don't have any nice photos of myself like that to show you, but i suppose it doesn't matter since I'm not wearing a mask," Seongmin grinned once more, examining the man closer. Even the way he dressed was super fancy. Now Seongmin felt under-dressed for this occasion. He wore some plain black jeans with a couple of rips on the knees and thighs, and an orange short sleeved shirt with a little lemon decal on it that was tucked into his jeans; lucky for Seongmin, he wore a black and white striped long sleeved shirt under the other shirt, that's he only reason he hadn't put his jacket back on. The puffy jacket on the back of his chair was a striking blue color. Seongmin was much more.. colorful than this rapper. Even Seongmin's shoes were more colorful; his feet being adorned with white dad sneakers with a couple of colorful stripes going from the sole to the opening.

"Yes! I am the singer, I assume that when more trainees are added to the group we'll get more," The brightly dressed, and now slightly insecure, man smiled once more, placing his hands in his lap, folded neatly. "How long have you been rapping for? I've been singing since i was 12!" Seongmin loved singing with all his heart, he'd always been an animated person-- both through his actions and his tone of voice. He was just a bright person, he did have his calmer days, but most days you would see Seongmin this excited if not more. He hoped he would put off the rapper of his group, he really didn't want to make an enemy.

Park Jae-Hwa
DM

Maybe it was the illness affecting him, the volume at which Seongmin spoke, or the bright dysfunctionality of the outfit that the man wore that was responsible for the growing headache that Jae-Hwa had. While he wasn’t quite certain what was attributing to his discomfort, he was certain that his new groupmate needed tip in the style department. Jae-Hwa Himself was never too concerned with fashion, but style was very different and he felt style was important. Even more important for first meetings. Luckily however Seongmin gave him something else to think about rather than the bubbly singer’s behavior. He had an impressive amount of singing experience under his belt which meant that he should sound very good as well as have the skills of a seasoned performer.

“That’s a significant amount of time.” In his own way that was praise towards Seongmin, acknowledgement of his talents and dedication to his craft. Jae-Hwa wasn’t the type to pat someone on the back and cheer. That was probably more along the lines of how Seongmin would react. “I’ve been rapping since I was 18. Not long.” Jae-Hwa collected the photos and slid them all back into the folder, then closed it and set it to the side. The photos no longer served a purpose and his mind was given something to devote his attention to, they’d be left behind after the meeting.

One thing that Seongmin said did get Jae-Hwa thinking. The idea of trainees possibly be chosen to join them in the future meant that there would be more competition for the lead spot in the group. All of the attention, all the resources, and all of the best parts in songs and videos. He’d have to work harder than ever and really make his mark not only in the group, but in the industry itself. His grey gaze slid upward from the table to look around at the managers who were still conversing with one another. He heard a few mentions of living arrangements, transportation, and even wardrobe which was probably the part he would be most interested in.

“When did you decide this was your goals?” His lips moved behind the black mask, lightly rubbing against the material as he spoke. Jae-Hwa turned his head back toward Seongmin.

Seongmin tapped his finger against his thigh, almost nervous at the scrutinizing stare the rapper was sending his way. He seemed to be thinking about something, but Seongmin couldn't tell what, especially not with the mask covering his face. He was one strange man, he thought, also examing the rapper. Hopefully he doesn't dislike me, Seongmin nearly shuddered at the thought. Once he spoke, talking about how long he'd been rapping Seongmin perked up again. A large smile stretched across his face as his tilted his head to the side and thought a little.

"Yes, it is a long time! But I genuinely enjoy singing, so there's been no reason for me to stop, in fact, I wish I had started sooner," Seongmin chuckled, placing his elbow on the table and his head in his hand. "Singing has just always been my passion," Seongmin started answering the rappers question, quieter this time. "I've always been loud and expressive with my voice, and my mom insisted that I'd be good at singing, so I tried it. I loved every second of it, whether I was performing or not. It's just been the way I talk for years now," The brunet perked up, smiling once more. This rapper has only been rapping since he was 18, how old was he? He looked very young to Seongmin, but maybe he was wrong.

"Only since you were 18, huh? How old are you now, if you don't mind me asking?" Seongmin leaned closer on the table again, alomst pressing his chest against the edge of the table. A large smile was growing on his face, he knew that he was probably being overwhelming to this man, but Seongmin was just so excited that he was finally figuring out who his band mates were going to be.

Seongmin, realizing how unprofessional he must look, leaned back into his seat and waited patiently for the rappers response.

Park Jae-Hwa
DM
It wasn’t surprising at all to discover that Seongmin had always been this loud and...animated. The vocalist moved around quite a bit in his seat and his voice was all that Jae-Hwa could hear in the room. The other conversations were drowned out every time Seongmin got excited. Perhaps that was part of being passionate, as he had stated. “I’m 20 years old.” He replied just before he turned his head away. His right hand became a fist and he lightly pounded on his chest as he started to clear his throat, a deep raspy noise emanating from him. One of the managers quickly pushed a glass of water toward Jae-Hwa and he swiftly thanked the older man.

In the interest of keeping his germs to himself Jae-Hwa turned his back to Seongmin and tugged down of the bottom of his mask. The small rectangle slid downward just enough to reveal his top lip and he immediately brought the glass of water to his face. While the rap artist soothed his throat one of the managers spoke up to make what he thought would be a funny comment. “We can’t have you getting more sick now Jae-Hwa, Deep Breath consists solely of the two of you.” He and a few of the other businessmen in the room shared a brief chuckle, finding the humor in the balding man’s words.

When he heard the statement Jae-Hwa’s eyes widened and he choked a bit on his water. “Gah! Ahem!” He set the glass down and as he tried to regain his composure he couldn’t help but to think about what he had gotten himself into. The black mask went back up over his face and he sat back in his seat, looking at Seongmin out the corner of his eye. Just the two of them working together for an undetermined amount of time. So far he was not a fan of Seongmin’s and found the other male to be overwhelmingly boisterous. The singer’s energetic and bubbly mannerism were not something that he wanted to be subjected to everyday without some sort of buffer. “There will be separate bedrooms though, right?” A wall between them would allow for some privacy and distance.

“No, at the moment you two will be sharing a bedroom with one another.” The manager explained. Jae-Hwa could feel his soul leaving his body and taking with it his will to continue on. The bombardment of bad news shrouded the wonder of becoming a professional artist. It was too much to bare. In defeat Jae-Hwa slouched back into his seat and stared ahead at the clock hanging on the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back