• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Life's a Witch || Malibu & CrystalClear & Picaresque

Malibu

Unicorn Princess
In Character || Chat Room || Characters || Lore

02451ff1d109c164f05841afc542df35.jpg

Hear now the words of the witches,

T
he secrets we hid in the night,

W
hen dark was our destiny's pathway,

T
hat now we bring forth into light...

Mysterious water and fire,

T
he earth and the wide-ranging air,

B
y hidden quintessence we know them,

An
d will and keep and silent dare...

Last edited:
DVMiMQH.png

The late autumn morning dawned cool and crisp and clear. Tallie was stirred by the faint golden light that managed to seep through the wooden slats of her blinds and the cornflower blue curtains. Begrudgingly, she opened her eyes, squinting as they became accustomed to the low, diffuse light that warmed her little bedroom. The brunette groaned, turning her face into the pillow as if she could hold on to the last tendrils of sleep just a little longer. But, alas, the day needed to begin. Tallie slowly sat, stretching and popping her joints to help shake off the heavy-limbed stupor of deep sleep. Thankfully, the young charm witch had never had problems waking up, even if she wanted to sleep longer. A few minutes walking around her apartment and a good cup of coffee and she'd be her regular chipper, smiling self.

Tallie MacArthur's apartment above her shop was not large but it had the feeling of being open and wide. It was divided into two large rooms, the bedroom, and the kitchen, dining, and living area all combined into another. Her furniture was sparse, done in warm terracotta and cream colors, accented by dark mahogany floors and royal blue curtains and pillows and other accents. It was modern, but warm and cozy all the same, just the way she liked it. Tallie washed her face, studiously avoiding looking at her face in the bathroom mirror until after she'd had a cup of coffee. She stepped out long enough to get the grounds in her press and to boil the water she'd need to pour over it. While that steeped and percolated, she brushed through her voluminous tangle of dark hair, pinching some color into her cheeks and adding a few coats of mascara to make her eyes look a little wider and more awake.

She took a cup of coffee in hand as she positioned herself in front of the long window that looked out over the street. The whole city seemed bathed in uncharacteristic sunshine for this time of year, the brick and stone of the businesses and homes on this block all lit up to a rosy glow. She sipped contentedly at her drink as she watched the sun rise, watched the first few people leave their homes for their place of business or to run errands. That was when she knew it was time for her to open her own shop. She placed the white ceramic mug in the sink and dressed herself in a sweater and a pair of tight-fitted but faded jeans. Tallie knew it was a luxury to have an apartment right above her shop, was thankful that her commute consisted of no more than a simple trip down the stairway and around the corner onto the main stretch of town.

Tallie threw open the doors of her shop, the warmth and sophistication she kept in her apartment echoed in her shop. The walls were paneled in royal blue damask wallpaper and dark wood wainscoting. Chairs and settees in a lovely light dove grey color were set up around the shop to encourage people to sit and look, to 'ooh' and 'aah' over the selection of gems she was currently cutting. The counter in the center of the shop was all glass and the products were displayed in dark blue velvet, gems and glints of gold and silver winking from between the folds. Tall leafy plants stood sentry around the room and a small fountain had been installed in the back of the shop, the sound of running water soothing Tallie's often flighty and erratic thoughts, as well as giving her customers another lovely visual. She was waiting for her delivery from the bakery (she always kept a selection of pastries, tarts, and other sweets in her shop to entertain her customers with) when she spotted a familiar head of blonde hair traipsing by outside her shop.

"Lissa!" She called excitedly, bouncing towards the front door, her wide grin splitting her face. The blonde looked startled at first, but then seemed to recognize where she was and who was sprinting towards her with a gangly sort of grace. "I'm glad I spotted you. Do you think you could come inside and help me with something?" She asked sweetly, tilting her head coyly. Tallie knew many people inside and outside of the city, but Felicity was one of her closest friends.

"Of course!" Felicity nodded, following the brunette inside the walls of her shop. "What can I help you with?"

Tallie leaned in close, aware of the first person wandering into her shop. Lips pressed against her ear, she whispered, "Do you think you could give my plants a little... perk up? I'm afraid they're all looking a little... sad at the moment."

Felicity chuckled lowly. "You're horrible with plants, you know that?" Tallie smiled sheepishly, but Lissa obliged. She walked leisurely around the room, appearing every bit a customer as the other people who had come in to enjoy her pastries and her conversation. But instead of looking at the jewelry displays, the green witch tenderly reached out to caress the long fronds and leaves of the plants in her shop, her lips barely parting on a soft, whispered word. Immediately, the plants seemed to stand a little straighter, the leaves turn a little greener, and the air turned a little fresher. "I hope that helps," Felicity stated once she was finished. "Sorry, Tallie. I'd love to stay and talk some more, but I've got to get back to my stall."

"Of course!" Tallie gave her a quick hug and waved her away. "Let's meet tonight for dinner!" She called after her friend's retreating figure, a single nod her only acknowledgement that she'd heard her. The brunette exhaled a sigh, her face still split by a silly grin. She finally moved about her shop to greet her clients.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back